PDA

View Full Version : Billy Packer Should Be Fired - Today

hawkchief
03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
What a complete Duke homer. He has always sucked, but he outdid himself today during the Duke-UNC game. At the end of the game, Gerald Henderson of Duke blasted Hansbrough from UNC in the nose during a rebound battle, and Packer proceeds to claim it was completely unintentional for the next 5 minutes, while Hansbrough left the floor with what appeared to be a busted nose. Later the refs eject Henderson, calling the foul malicious, and again Packer complains about how that will only hurt por Duke since Henderson will be suspended for a game during the ACC tournament.

I am no fan of UNC or Duke (I actually dislike both), so I am completely unbiased. Packer should have shut his trap, and instead he exposed himself as the retard/homer announcer that he is while trying to protect K and the Dukies from any public negativity. Why CBS keeps this clown around is one of sports' greatest mysteries.

The worst news of all, is that we have several weeks to put up with more of his crap now that March Madness is here.

KCfanfromNC
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
He is by far the worst announcer in NCAA history. I hope that old bastard falls down the stairs. Thank your lucky stars you only have to put up with him a couple times a year. I have to hear his bullshit all basketball season. It's close to my own personal hell.

|Zach|
03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Its his opinion. Whats the big deal?

The idea that Billy Packer can be an agent to shield Duke from public negativity?

Is this whole thread a big joke or something?

CoMoChief
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
You obviously haven't heard Duke Vitale talk then. Everytime he's at a Duke game I have to mute my television because he's such a total fool.

HolmeZz
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
He definitely didn't have the stones to call that play for what it was. I would've gained a lot of respect for him had he actually taken a stance against something Duke did. Anybody with a pair of eyes could see how blatant Henderson's cheap shot was.

redskin
03-04-2007, 05:27 PM
I actually hate Duke, but I didn't think it was a cheap shot. Henderson appeared to be going to try and block the shot. I don't think it was intentional by any means, just an unfortunate collison.

KCfanfromNC
03-04-2007, 05:30 PM
that was as intentional as it gets. Just because he wasn't looking at him at impact doesn't mean that he knew where his head was and the force he was putting into that blow. Packer and Vital take turns blowing Coach K every night

HolmeZz
03-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I actually hate Duke, but I didn't think it was a cheap shot. Henderson appeared to be going to try and block the shot. I don't think it was intentional by any means, just an unfortunate collison.

He redirected his elbow right to Hansborough's face once he saw the ball get knocked away.

milkman
03-04-2007, 05:32 PM

Is that you Billy?

banyon
03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
On the other hand, I think I did hear him say that the Big XII should get two #1 seeds (A&M and :KU: ) That surprised me.

WilliamTheIrish
03-04-2007, 06:10 PM
A Duke homer?

big nasty kcnut
03-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Billy packer suck and hate mid majors.

RP_McMurphy
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Dookie Vitale will say it was a flagrant nose to elbow foul on Hansbourgh.

hawkchief
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Its his opinion. Whats the big deal?

The idea that Billy Packer can be an agent to shield Duke from public negativity?

Is this whole thread a big joke or something?

Evidently you don't watch much college basketball, or you would understand Packers' history, as well as the meaning of the thread.

chief52
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I sure felt it was a flagrant foul and could not see how Packer could see it any other way. He brought his elbow right down into his face. I do not think he saw it right...but firing? May be a little harsh.

HolmeZz
03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img10038347.jpg

the Talking Can
03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Packer is to basketball what OJ is to blonde white women...

|Zach|
03-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Evidently you don't watch much college basketball, or you would understand Packers' history, as well as the meaning of the thread.
No I get it...

I just think you are being a drama queen.

chiefsfan987
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I sure felt it was a flagrant foul and could not see how Packer could see it any other way. He brought his elbow right down into his face. I do not think he saw it right...but firing? May be a little harsh.

People see things different ways. I tend to believe he was just going for the ball. It should be noted that I don't like either team so I don't feel my opinion is biased.

chief52
03-04-2007, 07:09 PM
People see things different ways. I tend to believe he was just going for the ball. It should be noted that I don't like either team so I don't feel my opinion is biased.

I am the same way...no feelings for either team. At first I thought is was inadvertant, but after looking at it over again he seems to bring the elbow right down in to the face. But I surely could be wrong, obviosly. If he had not gotten so much blood I surely doubt it would have been called that way.

Saulbadguy
03-04-2007, 08:18 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/college/img10038347.jpg
I laughed.

KCFalcon59
03-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I laughed.

I did as well. I hate both Duke and UNC. But the guy is such a crybaby, all I could do was laugh at his big goofy ass.

tk13
03-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I can't wait until next weekend for Selection Sunday, just so we can hear Packer's annual implosion about how the 9th place team in the ACC was robbed for not getting a tourney spot over every 2nd place mid-major team that gets in.

ChiefsFanatic
03-04-2007, 10:59 PM
What a complete Duke homer. He has always sucked, but he outdid himself today during the Duke-UNC game. At the end of the game, Gerald Henderson of Duke blasted Hansbrough from UNC in the nose during a rebound battle, and Packer proceeds to claim it was completely unintentional for the next 5 minutes, while Hansbrough left the floor with what appeared to be a busted nose. Later the refs eject Henderson, calling the foul malicious, and again Packer complains about how that will only hurt por Duke since Henderson will be suspended for a game during the ACC tournament.

I am no fan of UNC or Duke (I actually dislike both), so I am completely unbiased. Packer should have shut his trap, and instead he exposed himself as the retard/homer announcer that he is while trying to protect K and the Dukies from any public negativity. Why CBS keeps this clown around is one of sports' greatest mysteries.

The worst news of all, is that we have several weeks to put up with more of his crap now that March Madness is here.

I watched it, and think that at the end, Henderson threw his elbow out. He meant to deliver a blow. I do not know if he meant to hit him in the face, but he did not make any move I have seen on the court. jmo

Silock
03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Seemed to me that Packer was picking Duke apart any chance he got.

"Oh, that was an illegal screen on McRoberts."
"Oh, there's a walk not called by the refs."

A few years ago in the tourney Packer said "Here go the calls in Dukes favor yet again."

BWillie
03-05-2007, 12:54 AM
As a person who dislikes UNC, more than Duke. I hate to say that I kinda think that was intentional. Maybe not blasting him in the face like that, but definitely wanted to make a hard, foul, in frustation. I mean the ball had come out about a second before already. I'd like to think Duke is better than this, because they usually have some classy guys and they graduate players but I thought the shot was foul. I'd be pissed too if I was Hansborough

huskerdooz
03-05-2007, 03:47 AM
Packer is to basketball what OJ is to blonde white women...

I will preface my remarks by going on record to say I only briefly saw a replay of the foul and at first glance I thought it was a hard foul maybe even an intentional foul but it didn't look like he tried to blast him in the nose. That being said, I think that this particular remark is pretty classless even for you. To compare Packer to someone that is universally thought of as a murderer is going a bit too far. Just my opinion.

Al Bundy
03-05-2007, 03:54 AM
I can't wait until next weekend for Selection Sunday, just so we can hear Packer's annual implosion about how the 9th place team in the ACC was robbed for not getting a tourney spot over every 2nd place mid-major team that gets in.

Thats right, last year he totally lost it saying that the Missouri Valley didn't deserve to have but one team in, and when 2 of them went to the sweet 16 he was no where to be found.

RedDread
03-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Here's the vid:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cqrNQCe6l8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cqrNQCe6l8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I suggest turning the volume down but it had the best slow-mo of all the ones that were posted.

Kerberos
03-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Here's the vid:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cqrNQCe6l8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2cqrNQCe6l8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I suggest turning the volume down but it had the best slow-mo of all the ones that were posted.

Jeezuz

I hate basketball ALMOST MORE than I hate the Raiders.

But anyone that watched THAT and says it was NOT intentional is completely fuggin blind and a moronic homer.

:shake:

That dude was pushing him all the way to the floor AFTER he blasted his nose.

the Talking Can
03-05-2007, 05:10 AM
I will preface my remarks by going on record to say I only briefly saw a replay of the foul and at first glance I thought it was a hard foul maybe even an intentional foul but it didn't look like he tried to blast him in the nose. That being said, I think that this particular remark is pretty classless even for you. To compare Packer to someone that is universally thought of as a murderer is going a bit too far. Just my opinion.

Packer is a child molester.

huskerdooz
03-05-2007, 06:08 AM
The more I look at it the more I think there should have been 2 fouls on the play. The 1st one occurred when Johnson #51 swatted the ball out of Hansbrough's hands, he clearly had all forearm. The 2nd was of course the flagrant foul by Henderson. I'm still not convinced the elbow to the nose was intentional but everything else was. He clearly had time after the ball was knocked loose to hold off from bringing the hammer down, yet he chose hammer him just the same. Whether or not he meant to apply the elbow to the nose makes no difference. Since it was clearly a flagrant foul, he gets ejected from the game and will then miss the first game of the ACC tournament.

acesn8s
03-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Here's the vid:

I suggest turning the volume down but it had the best slow-mo of all the ones that were posted.I would watch Duke-UNC more often if I could get this kind of action everytime.

Perhaps Packer should eat lunch at the UNC cafeteria.

Infidel Goat
03-05-2007, 07:45 AM
FWIW, Packer graduated from and played for Wake Forest which explains why he is an ACC homer.

I don't think that he is a fan of either UNC or Duke.

IMO, it was a hard intentional foul--though I do not think Henderson was trying to break Hansbrough's nose. Had I been the ref, I would have given Hansbrough two shots and given UNC the ball out of bounds. If you think I'm a Duke homer, I will simply reply that unless someone else here went to an ACC school for college, you couldn't possibly hate Duke more than I do.

Play ball.