PDA

View Full Version : NC Prep Star committs to MU. He's the entire 2008 class.

BigRedChief
03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/16838364.htm

Missouri seems to have already completed its 2008 men’s basketball recruiting class. With just one, for now, scholarship to give, the acceptance of a grant in aid offer by 6-9 power forward Justin Safford came over the weekend.
That was confirmed on Monday by Charis Prep (Wilson, N.C.) coach Carlos Peralta.
“He went there a couple of times over Christmas break, watched a game, watched practice,” Peralta told PowerMizzou.com. “Overall, it just came down to what it always comes down to, which is him feeling he can compete at a high level and them making him feel like he’s got a contribution he can make.”
Heading into the national prep school tourney this weekend, Safford is averaging 17 points and 13 rebounds, as well as just under three blocks a game.
Marcus Watkins is the lone senior on the MU squad, and if no underclassmen leave, Safford will be Missouri’s 2008 recruiting class. However, also becoming eligible for the first time that season will be DeMarre Carroll, a 6-8 transfer from Vanderbilt who is now at Missouri, practicing with the team.

Saulbadguy
03-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Here is a snipit from the Rivals article -

"A year ago, Illinois native Justin Safford had a host of Division III schools offering him an opportunity to play for their program this season..."

Wow! Great pickup, Mizzou!

Reerun_KC
03-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Is this the turn around that changes the 40 minutes of embarrassment to 40 pathetic minutes of basketball?

Maybe someday MU fan you will get to the 40 minutes of decent basketball.

Logical
03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Is this the turn around that changes the 40 minutes of embarrassment to 40 pathetic minutes of basketball?

Maybe someday MU fan you will get to the 40 minutes of decent basketball.What is truly sad is that they wasted all the talent with poor coaching that got them into this mess. It might be different had they went to a couple of final fours or even one championship.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I miss Quin I really do...

I give the MU fans a bad time but Anderson is a good coach, it will take him a couple of years, but they will be in the upper 6 of the big XII before long.

Braincase
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Give Mizzou a break. I believe it's good for KU to get good competition from other teams in the Big 12, especially the Big 12 North. I long for the days when 6-7 teams from the Big 12 made the dance, and most of the rest jacked up the NIT.

If I were going to wish ill will on anybody, I'd start with the entire state of Texas.

kepp
03-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I miss Quin I really do...

I give the MU fans a bad time but Anderson is a good coach, it will take him a couple of years, but they will be in the upper 6 of the big XII before long.
Ummm...they're already in the upper 6

Sure-Oz
03-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Mizzou will be back to being competative, just enjoy it for now guys.

Woodrow Call
03-05-2007, 11:42 AM

"A year ago, Illinois native Justin Safford had a host of Division III schools offering him an opportunity to play for their program this season..."

In all fairness he did end up with a few better offers than that.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=649194

Safford had offers from Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Xavier and Providence. Wake Forest, Illinois and Nevada were also pursuing him. As of now, he is the lone commitment in Missouri's Class of 2007.

Reerun_KC

My bad....

They are so significant that I just could imagine them not being in the top 6 of the conference.

Agian, My bad!

Saulbadguy
Surely not. This guy has a high basketball IQ, he would not make a mistake like that.

Reerun_KC
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM

We have been even before Norm retired.

Thanks though, we will make note of it...

Saulbadguy
03-05-2007, 11:43 AM
In all fairness he did end up with a few better offers than that.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=649194

Safford had offers from Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Xavier and Providence. Wake Forest, Illinois and Nevada were also pursuing him. As of now, he is the lone commitment in Missouri's Class of 2007.
I know, just flippin some shit.

Saulbadguy
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
My bad....

They are so significant that I just could imagine them not being in the top 6 of the conference.

Agian, My bad!
They are so significant?

Reerun_KC
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Surely not. This guy has a high basketball IQ, he would not make a mistake like that.

Hell I didnt even look, After the TOP 4, the rest really hasnt mattered....

I am guessing the are what? #6?

Woodrow Call
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I know, just flippin some shit.

Gotcha :thumb:

hawkchief
03-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Probably no way he could have as much impact as Colon and Bennett did for KSU this year, huh?

Mr. Laz
03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
gotta love mizzou schooling

Saulbadguy
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Probably no way he could have as much impact as Colon and Bennett did for KSU this year, huh?
Doubtful, birdiemeister!

Tyree Evans is going to make one hell of an impact though! (In more ways that one! LOL!)

Sure-Oz
03-05-2007, 12:55 PM
gotta love mizzou schooling
im foreign

Chief Henry
03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
17 points per game
13 rebounds per game
3 blocked shots per game

WOW..I wonder where Iowa's coach Steve Alford was on this guy ? Thats an impressive average
for sure.

duncan_idaho
03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Doubtful, birdiemeister!

Tyree Evans is going to make one hell of an impact though! (In more ways that one! LOL!)

I wonder how Tyree feels about the movie "Roots" and Tri-delts...

hawkchief
03-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Doubtful, birdiemeister!

We can't wait for Tyree! MCMW!!!!!!!!!

CoMoChief
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
It's not a bad pickup. But it's not anything to brag about. I cant think of some MU recruits who are far more worse than him.

Young, Ferguson, Horton, Bryant had lots of potential but didnt even come close to the hype. He was too soft.