PDA

View Full Version : Giggling Girl Bank Robbers just "made a bad choice"

chagrin
03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
This one's for you Zach, heh, there's a black guy involved.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/05/giggling.bandits.ap/index.html

Mom: Giggling bandits 'little girls that made a bad choice'
POSTED: 1:52 p.m. EST, March 5, 2007

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- The mother of a 19-year-old arrested in a bank theft scheme said Monday that her daughter isn't a bandit, she just fell in with the wrong crowd and made a bad choice.

Joy Miller said her daughter, Ashley Miller, is sorry for what she did.

Ashley Miller and Heather Johnston, both 19, were videotaped wearing sunglasses and laughing as they appeared to rob a Bank of America in upscale Acworth on February 27.

Police also arrested a bank teller and another man in connection with the theft, saying the heist appeared to be an inside job. Miller and Johnston remained jailed Monday morning.

"I want (people) to know that her and Heather both are not bandits," Joy Miller told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday." "They're little girls that made a bad choice."

Johnston's father, Edward Johnston, has said his family was in shock.

"God gives us free will and it's up to us what we do with it," he said. "Any adult has to make decisions and live with them -- good, bad or indifferent."

Dubbed the "Barbie Bandits" by some Atlanta media, the teens were captured by a surveillance camera handing a bank teller a note then casually waiting for money as if "it's all fun and games to them," said Cobb County Police spokesman Wayne Delk.

Authorities have not said how much money the girls took, but Delk said it is "considerable."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

chagrin
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
http://tinyurl.com/22s9la

http://tinyurl.com/yq4avw

http://tinyurl.com/2gpsxy

Jenson71
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
"I want (people) to know that her and Heather both are not bandits," Joy Miller told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday." "They're little girls that made a bad choice."

Oh, mom....a bit naive.

Garcia Bronco
03-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid...you have to be about dumb to rob a bank. At most you'll get about 10 grand(if the tellers do their job, and that's robbing ever teller in the place) making it completely not worth it. If you only get one teller you might be lucky if you walked out with 2 grand.

Extra Point
03-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Looks like the cuties will be spending time in state prison vs. state university. Their pimp ought to get at least ten for this, but I'm sure he's a victim of society, so he'll see the street in 18 months.

cdcox
03-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid...you have to be about dumb to rob a bank. At most you'll get about 10 grand(if the tellers do their job, and that's robbing ever teller in the place) making it completely not worth it. If you only get one teller you might be lucky if you walked out with 2 grand.

Not to mention having the feds all over you. Conviction rates on bank robberies are close to 100%.

chagrin
03-05-2007, 03:00 PM
That's caged heat right there dude, nice

Baby Lee
03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Almost as fun as Artie Lange hitting on the hot bank teller with a 'this is a robbery' joke note.

Ultra Peanut
03-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Black people rob banks like THIS.

White people rob banks like THAT.

Jenson71
03-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Almost as fun as Artie Lange hitting on the hot bank teller with a 'this is a robbery' joke note.

Ever see the bank robbery scene in Woody Allen's first movie, Take the Money and Run?

"Gub?...no, that says 'I have a gun'"

Ultra Peanut
03-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid...you have to be about dumb to rob a bank. At most you'll get about 10 grand(if the tellers do their job, and that's robbing ever teller in the place) making it completely not worth it. If you only get one teller you might be lucky if you walked out with 2 grand.Excuse me, but after extensive experience[1] with this issue, I can assure you that robbing banks can be both lucrative and fun.

[1] Peanut, Ultra. (2002) "Grand theft auto: vice city's bank robbery mission."

vailpass
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I gots me a couple white bitches who drive me around in they car and pays fo' my dinner and drinks.
I thinks I'll make dem ho's rob a bank fo' me.
Crazy white bitches.