View Full Version : DJ, Harris and Donnie Edwards would be killer

Red Dawg
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
at the LB spots. Peterson needs to get Donnie back.

crazycoffey
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
REPOST

Archie Bunker
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
As long as Bell is not on the field I don't care who it is. Donnie, Kawika, Fox, Griffin, a rookie etc. It is time to end the disaster that is Bell.

Scaga
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Next year is shot...
Why would we want to bring back Donnie, even though he is much better than what we got. Team is supposed to be getting YOUNGER!

HemiEd
03-07-2007, 02:39 PM
As long as Bell is not on the field I don't care who it is. Donnie, Kawika, Fox, Griffin, a rookie etc. It is time to end the disaster that is Bell.

Betcha wouldn't say that to his face! [/gunther]

htismaqe
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I'd rather draft an OLB like Timmons than spend money on Edwards.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Donnie is a MLB, no thanks, and he's 34.

I'd rather draft someone that can start right away.

MGRS13
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I'd rather draft an OLB like Timmons than spend money on Edwards.
Agreed, this is the way to go. Donnie was great but hes just to old.

Kylo Ren
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Even a team that is trying to get younger needs some veterans here and there. Donnie would be a great OLB for us for a couple of years until we can draft and /or groom a replacement.

beer bacon
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Donnie is a MLB, no thanks, and he's 34.

I'd rather draft someone that can start right away.

Donnie could definately play WLB in the 4-3. He is by no means limited to playing MLB.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Donnie could definately play WLB in the 4-3. He is by no means limited to playing MLB.

Too old though. We're rebuilding, not retooling. At least I hope we're rebuilding.

HemiEd
03-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Too old though. We're rebuilding, not retooling. At least I hope we're rebuilding.

I honestly think the rebuilding was invented here on CP and people are starting to believe it since they have heard it so much.

beer bacon
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I just hope we really, really suck for the next few seasons. After three or four years we could suck our way to the Super Bowl!

BigChiefFan
03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I honestly think the rebuilding was invented here on CP and people are starting to believe it since they have heard it so much. You don't accept phone calls about trading for your starting QB(Green) if you aren't in rebuilding mode. The O-line is defunct and the D tackle position is virtually scrubs at this point. The WR group is paper-thin and you don't think we are in rebuilding mode?

Steve Sewell
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Add Ray Lewis into the mix...now that would be "killer"!

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Donnie eight years ago definitely, but now I would opt not to go that route.

Swanman
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
You don't accept phone calls about trading for your starting QB(Green) if you aren't in rebuilding mode.

Who said Green is the starting QB at this point?

BigChiefFan
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Who said Green is the starting QB at this point?Green has been the starting QB for the franchise the past 5 years. He played in the playoff game against the Colts. I would say everybody and their dog know that. Rumplestilskin is that you?

HemiEd
03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
You don't accept phone calls about trading for your starting QB(Green) if you aren't in rebuilding mode. The O-line is defunct and the D tackle position is virtually scrubs at this point. The WR group is paper-thin and you don't think we are in rebuilding mode?

Actually, you need to catch up. We called Miami, they did not call the Chiefs. The Chiefs want to get rid of Green for three reasons, neither of which is rebuilding.
1) His eggs clearly got scrambled, he has not shown he is the same.
2) He wants to run an offense, not just hand the ball off. He made that clear in his own way, more than once. He is also Dick Vermeil's guy, not Herm's.
3) Money, he has a huge contract.
No, they have shown nothing different than they have for the last several years.
Plug in a few new players, get fan enthusiasm back, sell tickets, rinse and repeat.
Your sig would indicate you have watched this team for a while.

keg in kc
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, then we'd have a good OLB, maybe a good MLB, and...Donnie Edward$.

How about we find a defensive tackle or two.

Fish
03-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I just hope we really, really suck for the next few seasons. After three or four years we could suck our way to the Super Bowl!

Where is it written that a few bad seasons mean a complete turnaround for a team??

I don't understand the number of people here that really desire to have a 3-13 season, convinced that it's a requirement to building a strong franchise.... You build through the draft, but that doesn't mean you have to suck to draft well.

And with the GM we have right now.... Carl will never let this team get to that level...