PDA

View Full Version : Couey guilty of murdering Jessica Lunsford

chagrin
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
About fuggin time! That scum bag piece of shit admitted to it and then he tried to weasel out of it. This is the reason I am all for getting pedo's off the map entirely, and I do support what dateline does.

The fugger buried her alive

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/07/girl.slain/index.html

Couey guilty of murdering Jessica Lunsford
POSTED: 4:15 p.m. EST, March 7, 2007
Story Highlights• NEW: John Couey found guilty
• Lunsford was abducted and murdered in 2005
• Child was placed in garbage bags, buried alive

Adjust font size:
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- John Couey was found guilty Wednesday of murder, kidnapping, sexual assault and burglary in the abduction and death of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford.

Couey could be sentenced to death or to life in prison.

Lunsford was abducted from her Homosassa Springs, Florida, home and buried alive in trash bags in 2005.

Her body was found after a three week search.

In closing arguments Wednesday morning, the prosecutor urged them to convict John Evander Couey, saying overwhelming physical evidence, in addition to Couey's own admissions told the story of Jessica's death..

Couey, 48, who has a record as a sex offender, was arrested in March 2005 in Georgia during the search for Jessica, who disappeared on February 23, 2005, from her bedroom about 150 yards from the trailer where Couey had been living, according to The Associated Press.

Evidence presented at trial included DNA from Jessica's blood and Couey's semen on a mattress in his bedroom, as well as Jessica's fingerprints in a closet where she was allegedly hidden. Jail guards and investigators testified that Couey repeatedly admitted details of the slaying after his arrest, insisting that he hadn't meant to kill the third-grader but panicked as police searched for her, AP reported.

Jessica's body was found in a shallow hole, encased in two black plastic trash bags. She died of suffocation and was found clutching a purple stuffed dolphin, according to AP.

Copyright 2007 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report

chagrin
03-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Here's the grubby fuggin dirt bag!

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/LAW/03/07/girl.slain/story.couey.court.ap.jpg

Here's the poor girl

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/LAW/03/07/girl.slain/story.lunsford.ap.jpg

Crush
03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Painful castration and then a bullet to the head if I were in charge.

dirk digler
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Painful castration and then a bullet to the head if I were in charge.

I agree with half of that.

Castrate him without any meds for pain
Hang him up and slice him in certain areas and let him slowly bleed to death

Crush
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I agree with half of that.

Castrate him without any meds for pain
Hang him up and slice him in certain areas and let him slowly bleed to death

I could go for that.

4th and Long
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
He should be tied to a tree and the father should be allowed to take a bullwhip and Indiana Jones his sorry ass until he is devoid of all skin. He should then be thrown into a pit of salt and rolled around in it a while. Finally, he should be drawn and quartered.

Cochise
03-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Couey, 48, who has a record as a sex offender

This is why sex offendors should never see the light of day again.

chagrin
03-08-2007, 05:40 AM
Another bit you might find infuriating.

When this happened a few years ago, everyone in that area was searching for her, while she was alive buried underground in a bag not far at all from the house (it was still early so they thought she might be above ground somewhere) This dighead Couey's house was like next door or veyr close. He left to Atlanta, and his family covered for him; he told them what he did and they told him to run away - they didn't even help. I never understood why the Police didn't press charges against them.

Anyway, so he's in Atlanta or wherever, in Georgia. He is filmed by a local TV station up there in the bar getting drunk and having fun, at 11 am for the bar's grand opening. While he is there, Doctor's say Jessica was still alive and trying to escape her plastic bag grave. Ironically, this is how he was caught, his family never gave it away, the Police noticed his face, because of the Amber Alert, etc. They knew he was a registered sex offender, and since they already tried to intervew him and he was gone - they figured it was him.

Reading stories like this, reminds me of that thread the other day - someone please tell me how a guy like this shouldn't be hounded for the rest of his life for what he's done; convicted twice at least, now and not to mention all the crimes he probably has also done against children.

Fuggin makes me angry.

Al Bundy
03-08-2007, 06:24 AM
This still pisses me off to no end. This guy is the epitome of crap. I seriously hope he is not in protective custody. I hope he is out with the rest of the prisoners. The guy deserves every bad thing that could happen to him. I do say he should be castrated with no pain killers though.

jlscorpio
03-08-2007, 06:40 AM
I would say he should be butt****ed to death, by large, well-endowed prisoners...wait!!! That's what's likely to happen anyways!!! NIIIIICE!!!

boogblaster
03-08-2007, 06:47 AM
pick-up truck..log chain..150 miles of gravel road....

Lzen
03-08-2007, 08:00 AM
This is why sex offendors should never see the light of day again.
I agree. But why do we even keep them in prison? That is a waste of money. We should just end them.

Iowanian
03-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I don't know that there IS a severe enough punishment.

Throw him in Genpop in assless chaps.

ck_IN
03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Find a tall tree and a short rope. He doesn't deserve to breath any longer.

StcChief
03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
And folks are against the Death Penalty, as it doesn't deter crime :rolleyes: