PDA

View Full Version : Another one? Big Daddy is retiring?

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm kinda shocked that nobody has started going crazy with this one... I saw it on the Mane.

Weirdest offseason ever...
---

Wilkinson to retire?

A source said the Dolphins are concerned that defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson might decide to retire rather than play in Denver, which would nullify a Saturday trade that netted a sixth-round draft pick from the Broncos for the 13-year NFL veteran.

The Dolphins weren't able to immediately contact Wilkinson to inform him about the trade because he is on a cruise.

During a Tuesday interview with Broncos media posted on the team's Web site, Denver defensive line coach Bill Johnson said the franchise spoke with Wilkinson's agent and "assume" he wants to play.

"We're in the process of getting in touch with him this week," Johnson said. "It looks like he's still got a lot of juice in his body. ...

"I think once he gets back and sees what we have here and how we're going to use him, I think he'll be excited about it."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front)

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Granted, I don't care what he does ... too damn old to have anything left.

Woodrow Call
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm sure Denver will trade his rights to Washington for next years 1st anyway.

dirk digler
LMAO

The hits keep on coming

Brock
Taking chop blocks in practice probably didn't appeal to him.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, who knows... I won't lose any sleep over what happens.

58-4ever
03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Whew, for a second I was afraid that this thread was about the mildly entertaining pit bull-loving poster. He posted some pretty good girly pics.

Steve Sewell
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Taking chop blocks in practice probably didn't appeal to him.

They only leg whip during practices, silly. Using their regular blocking tactics during practice is a serious no-no for Shanahan. He also prohibits the use of vaseline during practices.

SNR
03-07-2007, 04:49 PM
The pussification of America has lost its burst

COchief
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I've heard he is a very moralistic stand up kind of guy, doesn't surprise me that he'd rather earn $0.00 than sully his name by playing for a scumbag organization like the Broncos.