PDA

View Full Version : Holthus on 810

Woodrow Call
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I swiped this from the Coalition board because I thought it was interesting and might spark some discussion. I didn't hear it but I assume its true. It was posted by NCarlsCorner2 who posts here from time to time.

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=64291

He said that trades are coming, Herm wants to stockpile draft picks, he also said that there is the potential blockbuster that could happen, he was asked if it was LJ and he said he would just leave it at that, but he did say that some other popular players other than LJ could be traded.

Take it for what it's worth, dont shoot the messenger.

the Talking Can
03-07-2007, 07:23 PM
DO IT!!!

big nasty kcnut
03-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Wtf if it something big do it now and then fire carl peterson.

el borracho
03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Bye, Allen! Bye, Trent!

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
If this is true, I'm all for it.

There are very few "untouchables" on this team.

I liked this blurb from Mitch:

Herm has made it clear that if you want a big contract you have to be a team leader on and off the field, he is using the Patriots as his model team.

John_Wayne
03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
DO NOT TRADE LJ!!!!!!! That is stupid. He is the franchise right now. What player makes a bigger impact on this team? No one. He's a known quantity. If he is traded, we'd be getting an unknown quantity.

Trade Trent, Wesley and/or Knight. I really don't want Allen traded, but I could understand it if they did. Maybe we could move up and get Okoye in the draft? It's doubtful, but would be cool.

Stinger
03-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Jared Allen and Trent to Lions for the 2 pick in the draft

I'll have what he is having :bong:

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Trade Trent, Wesley and/or Knight.

And get back two 6th's and a 7th......

Sam Hall
Yeah, let's put Huard or Croyle in there without a reliable running game :rolleyes:

Woodrow Call
If this is true, I'm all for it.

There are very few "untouchables" on this team.

I liked this blurb from Mitch:

Herm has made it clear that if you want a big contract you have to be a team leader on and off the field, he is using the Patriots as his model team.

I liked that alot. I think Herm can build this team the right way; it's just going to come down to if he and the coaching staff can coach it the right way.

If not at least the next coach and gm should have a pretty good team to inherit.

Mecca
03-07-2007, 07:34 PM
And get back two 6th's and a 7th......

If we're lucky......

If a team offers a 1st round pick for LJ it is something we have to look at just because of the nature of his position.....and other players saying they don't want to play with him.

Mr. Kotter
03-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Couldn't hurt....yes, even LJ. But we better have a replacement in mind.

John_Wayne
03-07-2007, 07:35 PM
And get back two 6th's and a 7th...... I'm fine with that.

Mecca
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, let's put Huard or Croyle in there without a reliable running game :rolleyes:

There are good backs in the draft every year.......out of the 1st round.

Sam Hall
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Surtain traded.

DenverChief
03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
what teams are in desperate need of a PB RB? just curious as far as what kinda #1 we would be looking at this year

Mr. Kotter
I wouldn't be surprised to see Surtain traded.

Especially with Macklin visiting....:hmmm:

Mecca
Giants.......and that's about it now with the Jets and Ravens already making moves.

CoMoChief
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Could involve Ty Law or Surtain?

big nasty kcnut
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
As long as tony and lj don't go then yes pull off the trade.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
If we're lucky......

If a team offers a 1st round pick for LJ it is something we have to look at just because of the nature of his position.....and other players saying they don't want to play with him.

I'm actually with you on this.

IF what is being said about him by teammates is true, it has to be considered.

The problem is, even if someone offers a R1+, it will be from 20 down. It's not gonna be a high R1 pick. I do think he could command more than the reported R2/R6 that the Ravens gave for McGahee.

My guess is the so called "blockbuster" would involve Jared Allen.

I doubt LJ's going anywhere, but depending on the return, I'd probably be OK with it.....

Silock
I swiped this from the Coalition board

THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el borracho
Players I would not trade: LJ, Gonzalez, Waters, DJ, Page. Pretty much everyone else should be available.

Silock
03-07-2007, 07:40 PM
and other players saying they don't want to play with him.

So far, the only one saying this has been Fatlock.

Braincase
As we are without a doubt in rebuilding mode, trade whoever you have to to get picks and young talent. We're not going to the Superbowl next year, so we might as well take a dive and come back up swinging and knocking everybody else out.

Woodrow Call
I have read "rumors" that Atlanta is interested in Allen. If they trade Schaub they would have the picks to make something happen.

Mr. Kotter
03-07-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm actually with you on this.

IF what is being said about him by teammates is true, it has to be considered.

The problem is, even if someone offers a R1+, it will be from 20 down. It's not gonna be a high R1 pick. I do think he could command more than the reported R2/R6 that the Ravens gave for McGahee.

My guess is the so called "blockbuster" would involve Jared Allen.

I doubt LJ's going anywhere, but depending on the return, I'd probably be OK with it.....

Spot on. :clap:

Woodrow Call
THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Mecca
Well they can't trade Gonzalez anyway just due to having a new contract.

Sam Hall
Another trade that wouldn't shock me is Dante Hall.

Count Alex's Wins
GO HERM!

Mr. Kotter
03-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I have read "rumors" that Atlanta is interested in Allen. If they trade Schaub they would have the picks to make something happen.
That would be worth a listen; but I hope they work things out with Allen, personally.

His value, these days would be Day 2 picks....don't know if that's worth it.

Mecca
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM

There's another 6th round pick....

So far if we do what people want we've stock piled some 6th and 7th rounders, that's blockbuster alright.

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 07:44 PM

So far if we do what people want we've stock piled some 6th and 7th rounders, that's blockbuster alright.

Bitch bitch bitch. You're never happy.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Herm wants 10 picks in the draft, he didn't say WHERE in the draft....

:p

Mecca
03-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Just pointing out that blockbuster points to guys like LJ and Allen, you have to trade something to get something. No one is going to give you anything for your trash.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
His value, these days would be Day 2 picks....don't know if that's worth it.

I'll gladly take a Day 2 pick for him, just so I don't have to worry about him fumbling/muffing/F-ing up every KO/punt return.

Silock
03-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Maybe we're going to trade Herm.

FAX
This is getting a little silly. Our UFAs can't get a meeting and we're trying to stockpile draft picks by trading our few, good players?

Stockpiling late round picks isn't exciting in this case. It's sad. Herm is a sad, sad man.

FAX

Sam Hall
I won't believe anything about LJ and Allen trades until I see them. I've heard Allen will be tendered for next season, and Carl is working on a new contract for LJ.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Just pointing out that blockbuster points to guys like LJ and Allen, you have to trade something to get something. No one is going to give you anything for your trash.

Hell, even the guys we'd consider "blockbuster" would struggle to net us R1 picks......

Really, who on this team has LEGITIMATE Day 1 value?

LJ
Allen
DJ
Hali
Surtain/Law?
Gonzo
Waters

And most of those guys are late Day 1, realistically. R2/R3 at best.

KCTitus
03-07-2007, 07:51 PM

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, so was Terrell Davis...dont be scoffin at 6th round picks.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Tom Brady was a 6th round pick, so was Terrell Davis...dont be scoffin at 6th round picks.

I was thinking the same thing, but about Marques Colston. (R7) Would have like to grabbed him.....

FAX
03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Hell, even the guys we'd consider "blockbuster" would struggle to net us R1 picks......

LJ
Allen
DJ
Hali
Surtain/Law?
Gonzo
Waters

Um ... Waters, LJ, DJ and even, possibly, Hali are all day 1 value, I think.

But, you've listed pretty much the heart and soul of the team there, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. If we make a few blockbuster trades, maybe we can get a whole, entire shitload of young guys with zero experience who might even make it through camp.

FAX

Sam Hall
03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I would've asked Holthus to define "blockbuster." He may have said that just to get people stirring.

Stinger
03-07-2007, 07:54 PM

LJ
Allen
DJ
Hali
Surtain/Law?
Gonzo
Waters

Well this is the Chiefs. Blockbuster to them is a different perception than the Bronco-Redskin connections the last couple of years.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Um ... Waters, LJ, DJ and even, possibly, Hali are all day 1 value, I think.

But, you've listed pretty much the heart and soul of the team there, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. If we make a few blockbuster trades, maybe we can get a whole, entire shitload of young guys with zero experience who might even make it through camp.

FAX

Personally, I'm not expecting anything to happen.

And I don't think that by "blockbuster" he meant several.

My guess is Jared Allen to get Day 1 pick(s), along with some dead weight netting us some late Day 2 picks.

Herm isn't going to gut the team just to gain picks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one name off of that list traded.

Fish
03-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Personally, I'm not expecting anything to happen.

And I don't think that by "blockbuster" he meant several.

My guess is Jared Allen, along with some dead weight netting us some late Day 2 picks.

Herm isn't going to gut the team just to gain picks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one name off of that list traded.

I agree.... I don't think Carl would let Herm gut the team to that degree even if he wanted to....

But letting one upper tier player go for a decent deal wouldn't surprise me...

Mr. Laz
03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
i'm sure Holthus idea of blockbuster differs from most people.

don't get your expectations up

Fruit Ninja
03-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Probably trade Dante for 2nd round swap or something to that effect. The "blockbuster" guy i see that could get traded was Allen.

FAX
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Never underestimate a complete idiot.

Those guys love a blockbuster trade.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
i'm sure Holthus idea of blockbuster differs from most people.

don't get your expectations up

Dante Hall for a dozen Krispy Kreme's, which are then given to Ryan Sims as a going away present......

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Probably trade Dante for 2nd round swap or something to that effect. The "blockbuster" guy i see that could get traded was Allen.

I was thinking about that earlier, but really still am not sure if it would fly....

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Another way to get rid of Ryan Sims.....to move up 10 spots in the 3rd......

chop
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Who are the "popular players"?

Larry Johnson
Trent Green
Will Shields
Jared Allen
Brian Waters
Tony Gonzalez
Ty Law
Patrick Surtain
Derrick Johnson

I say that these players are probably the most popular on the team. Who from this bunch would be traded?

kstater
You can cross Waters off of that list, no way we give up an O Lineman on an already bad OL

Shootr
I would've asked Holthus to define "blockbuster." He may have said that just to get people stirring.
After Holthus said that, KK asked him "LJ?" Holthus responded with a somewhat wry "no comment".

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
After Holthus said that, KK asked him "LJ?" Holthus responded with a somewhat wry "no comment".

So you actually heard this?

Anything to add?

chop
03-07-2007, 08:12 PM
You can cross Waters off of that list, no way we give up an O Lineman on an already bad OL

I agree. There is no way I think the Chiefs would trade away Waters.

FAX
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM

Based on that hearsay alone, Mr. Shootr, I'm going to take Locker Room Cancer for $100.

You know, someone should make a public poll so we can find out who guesses right about the blockbuster trade of all times.

FAX

Silock
03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Brilliant! /Guiness dudes

FAX
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Herm's going to wind up trading our entire offense for a family of Meerkats and a Dodge Dart?

FAX

Sam Hall
03-07-2007, 08:22 PM
The Packers are an emerging team with need for a RB...

NCarlsCorner2
03-07-2007, 08:23 PM

Exactly, he didnt want to say anymore about it, but he did go on to say that if a player that wants big money he is going to have to be a team leader on and off the field, so if LJ or JA want the big bucks they may have to make some changes or they wont be getting the big contract playing for the Chiefs if Herm has anything to say about it.

Mr. Laz
03-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Anything to add?

i heard it

holt - possible blockbuster
KK - would that include LJ?
holt - i won't go there

Terribilis
03-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I think we have become spoiled having LJ and Priest for a few years, it wasnt that long ago we were so desperate for a running back we started tRich at HB; or was it donnel bennet.
I hope LJ isnt traded...

Mr. Laz
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Herm's going to wind up trading our entire offense for a family of Meerkats and a Dodge Dart?

FAX
offense ...... we don't need no stinkin offense

Crush
I don't like losing LJ, but for the right price...

Mecca
Exactly, he didnt want to say anymore about it, but he did go on to say that if a player that wants big money he is going to have to be a team leader on and off the field, so if LJ or JA want the big bucks they may have to make some changes or they wont be getting the big contract playing for the Chiefs if Herm has anything to say about it.

If you are going purely on that...LJ and Allen don't exactly fit that mold of player so....

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I think we have become spoiled having LJ and Priest for a few years, it wasnt that long ago we were so desperate for a running back we started tRich at HB; or was it donnel bennet.
I hope LJ isnt traded...

We are definitely spoiled. LJ is underappreciated by most Chiefs fans simply because of some bullshit, unsubstantiated, rumors. They take him for granted.

Sam Hall
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Perhaps Mitch's "I won't go there" means "I won't go as far as saying LJ will be traded."

DenverChief
03-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I think what most of you are forgetting is that Priest is going to try and come back next year

Mr. Laz
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
If you are going purely on that...LJ and Allen don't exactly fit that mold of player so....
that's kinda the point

holt hesitated when name of LJ came up ..... he really did seem to be hinted that LJ could be gone.

Jared Allen would fit the description too

holthus sounded funny imo .... like he had a secret.

Mecca
I hope LJ isnt traded...

The RB's in the league now in general are better....think about all the good RB's in the league. How many teams really don't have one? The overall talent and depth of that position has grown so much a guy like Donnell Bennett would struggle to make the league these days.

Sam Hall
I think what most of you are forgetting is that Priest is going to try and come back next year

That would be an awful reason to trade LJ.

OnTheWarpath58

Are the pressbox nachos THAT good?

NCarlsCorner2
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM

So that makes them tradeable.

FAX
We are definitely spoiled. LJ is underappreciated by most Chiefs fans simply because of some bullshit, unsubstantiated, rumors. They take him for granted.

I don't take him for granted, Mr. GoChiefs.

As a priviledged white man I am, however, somewhat fearful that he may clip a pop in my ass cap when I'm not looking.

FAX

DenverChief
That would be an awful reason to trade LJ.

Nobody said it was a "reason" but he could still be productive or at least after training camp trade bait...why would we still be holding on to him?

Mecca
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
You know you can always get another RB...there are several in this years draft that will be good NFL players.

DenverChief
03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Are the pressbox nachos THAT good?

pretty tasty...try em sometime

NCarlsCorner2
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
that's kinda the point

holt hesitated when name of LJ came up ..... he really did seem to be hinted that LJ could be gone.

Since you heard the interview, didnt he say that Herm wants to have a core group of players that make the big bucks that are the team leaders and then a good supporting cast of players that will basically feed off of the team leaders and become good players just like the New England Patriots.

siberian khatru
03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Stockpiling picks = music to my ears

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Damn.

I was hoping the interview was up on the 810 website. No luck.

the Talking Can
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM

risky, Allen is a proven commodity, Schaub isn't....but a franchise QB is worth more than a DE...

I'd do it, I think Schaub will be a good QB and that would fast-forward our rebuilding big time, but it could completly back fire...

I don't think Carl has the cajones for it though.

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 08:44 PM
risky, Allen is a proven commodity, Schaub isn't....but a franchise QB is worth more than a DE...

I'd do it, I think Schaub will be a good QB and that would fast-forward our rebuilding big time, but it could completly back fire...

I don't think Carl has the cajones for it though.

I don't think he was thinking Allen-for-Schaub.

I think he meant that IF Atlanta was to trade Schaub (to someone else) they'd have the picks available to deal for Allen.....

Sorry if I'm reading your post wrong....

chop
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I would worry about Schaub being the next Elvis Grbac or Scott Mitchell. When called on to reliev they played great but they were not consistant when they got the opportunity to start.

Sam Hall
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I see no reason to jump overboard and trade LJ for a late first round pick. I would need more if I were Carl. Almost every team in the league would love to have LJ, yet we underappreciate him. We haven't had a truly bad team in a long time. I wouldn't want to see this team if Croyle goes under center this year or next year without LJ.

ChiefsCountry
03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Running back values are not what you guys think they are. The Seahawks couldnt find a taker for Alexander for a 2nd rounder coming off a MVP season. If we can get a first rounder for LJ you do it.

Zouk
03-07-2007, 08:49 PM
that's kinda the point

Does Holthus have a Warpaint Illustrated premium membership?

chop
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Why are we all guessing about who it might be? Why doesn't someone just go over to WPI and get the inside scoop from that Athan guy.

chop
03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Does Holthus have a Warpaint Illustrated premium membership?

Just beat me to the WPI link.:)

the Talking Can
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't think he was thinking Allen-for-Schaub.

I think he meant that IF Atlanta was to trade Schaub (to someone else) they'd have the picks available to deal for Allen.....

Sorry if I'm reading your post wrong....

ahhh...my bad....

damn, I liked the Allen for Schuab ides

NewChief
03-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Boy, that's quite a statement. If Herm actually made it and holds himself accountable for it, then he's going to be forcing some moves soon. All the players in the locker room know who the leaders and "team players" are. They'll soon know whether Herm is for real or full of shit. If he goes full of shit, then it could be a rough few years. Unless, of course, the Chiefs come out winning. Winning makes everything okay.

J Diddy
03-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I would worry about Schaub being the next Elvis Grbac or Scott Mitchell. When called on to reliev they played great but they were not consistant when they got the opportunity to start.

Elvis threw like 5 picks in one game as a backup in San Fran, so much that a local politician, proclaimed he wouldn't vote for a new stadium if Grbac was on the roster

Marcellus
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Running back values are not what you guys think they are. The Seahawks couldnt find a taker for Alexander for a 2nd rounder coming off a MVP season. If we can get a first rounder for LJ you do it.

Why,so we can pick another RB in the first round who is unproven and most likely couldn't hold LJ's jock?

LJ can be a pain but he is the 2nd best back in the game next to LT and can give him a run for his money.

Yea, there are a lot of 1,000 yard backs in the leauge but not many 1,600 yard backs.

You don't trade LJ unless you break the bank,2 picks on the first day minimum. Allen is worth a 1st and a 3rd (people are saying he could be traded) but LJ only a first?

Thats a joke.

Mecca
03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
DE is more valuable than RB is.......

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Why,so we can pick another RB in the first round who is unproven and most likely couldn't hold LJ's jock?

LJ can be a pain but he is the 2nd best back in the game next to LT and can give him a run for his money.

Yea, there are a lot of 1,000 yard backs in the leauge but not many 1,600 yard backs.

You don't trade LJ unless you break the bank,2 picks on the first day minimum. Allen is worth a 1st and a 3rd (people are saying he could be traded) but LJ only a first?

Thats a joke.

Allen's only worth a R1/R3 because he's a RFA. Compensation is set in stone.

I doubt anyone would actually give that for him.....

JMO.

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Even if we could get a first-round pick for LJ it makes little sense. Why create one hole just to fill another? And that pick could easily be a bust.

Marcellus
03-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Even if we could get a first-round pick for LJ it makes little sense. Why create one hole just to fill another? And that pick could easily be a bust.

Exactly my point.

Marcellus
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Allen's only worth a R1/R3 because he's a RFA. Compensation is set in stone.

I doubt anyone would actually give that for him.....

JMO.

I agree but people seem to think Allen could be traded for a high pick, basically the same 1st rounder we should trade LJ for.

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I recruited this guy to chiefsplanet.com from the ESPN board. Man, I'm such a valued commodity to this website!

cdcox
03-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't take him for granted, Mr. GoChiefs.

As a priviledged white man I am, however, somewhat fearful that he may clip a pop in my ass cap when I'm not looking.

FAX

Are you sure you are white?

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I recruited this guy to chiefsplanet.com from the ESPN board. Man, I'm such a valued commodity to this website!

We should start a "Chiefs Fans Against The Abuse Of Larry Johnson As A Commodity" movement. We'll be the Co-Founders of CFATAOLJAAC.

Direckshun
03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
We should start a "Chiefs Fans Against The Abuse Of Larry Johnson As A Commodity" movement. We'll be the Co-Founders of CFATAOLJAAC.
I'd love to be a member of the "Cifatayoljack."

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2007, 09:31 PM
I just created my XBOX gamertag: Damon Huard. It's awesome.

My other gamertag you ask? Scary Larry 27

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Think of how funny it would be if you were playing someone online with the handle: Damon Huard, where the dude benches Green and starts Huard and runs up a ridiculous stat line for him.

On Scary Larry I averaged over 200 rushing yards per game.

I have no life.

Ceej
03-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Lets trade LJ for GB's first round pick. Then we should take Marshawn Lynch. :)

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I know mecca claims LJ has 'mileage' on him...but the dude played ONE year in high school, ONE year in college, and has really only played TWO full years in the NFL. LJ is fine. Trading LJ to draft a RB is ridiculous.

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Think of how funny it would be if you were playing someone online with the handle: Damon Huard, where the dude benches Green and starts Huard and runs up a ridiculous stat line for him.

On Scary Larry I averaged over 200 rushing yards per game.

I have no life.

What numbers are you putting up with Huard?

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Chiefs Fans Against The Abuse Of Larry Johnson As A Commodity is too long.

Maybe....

Chiefs Fans Against Larry Johnson's Abuse

CFALJA

Shorten it to "FALJA"

FALJA will be our acronym. Anyone got a better idea?

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
6-0 after one day with the account.

I've had an overtime win where Huard was player of the game...over 350 passing.

the Talking Can
03-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Chiefs Fans Against The Abuse Of Larry Johnson As A Commodity is too long.

Maybe....

Chiefs Fans Against Larry Johnson's Abuse

CFALJA

Shorten it to "FALJA"

FALJA will be our acronym. Anyone got a better idea?

yeah, save your retarded ideas for premium

LiL stumppy
03-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Dont trade LJ, unless you want to take the chance with a AP or even a Mike Bush. I wouldn't take the chance anyway. I do think AP will be a stud,but hes kinda skinny upstairs and that worries me.

Count Alex's Wins
6-0 after one day with the account.

I've had an overtime win where Huard was player of the game...over 350 passing.

You should start a thread and log each game, final score, notable moments and Huard's stats.

Ceej
No love for Marshawn Lynch?!

Silock
03-07-2007, 09:47 PM

101 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 6 fumbles

But at least his TD:INT ratio is awesome!

OnTheWarpath58
03-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Why'd you delete that, Stinger?

Crush
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't like losing LJ, but for the right price...

I've changed my mind. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it sounds.

ChiefsCountry
03-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Dont trade LJ, unless you want to take the chance with a AP or even a Mike Bush. I wouldn't take the chance anyway. I do think AP will be a stud,but hes kinda skinny upstairs and that worries me.

Upper body strength isnt that important for running backs, its the lower body.

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I've changed my mind. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it sounds.

yeah that's Carl's golden boy. It has to be Allen being dealt to either the Bengals or Steelers.

dirk digler
03-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Yep. The only way you trade a player like LJ is if you get the same calibar of player in return and you aren't going to get that from a rookie.

Stinger
03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Why'd you delete that, Stinger?

Had a moral delima moment. Those pop up every now and then, althought they are few are far between when on the board.

Short Leash Hootie
03-07-2007, 11:16 PM
You should start a thread and log each game, final score, notable moments and Huard's stats.
I might do that after I link my Damon Huard gamertag to an account so I can access stats online.

Rausch
03-07-2007, 11:27 PM
After the way Herm built this offense to match LJ's talents it'd be ****-tarded to trade him. Not only becuase of that but he's easily one of the top 5 HB's in the league.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
After the way Herm built this offense to match LJ's talents it'd be ****-tarded to trade him. Not only becuase of that but he's easily one of the top 5 HB's in the league.

We better keep him, or Herm would have to actually be a real football coach and require a balanced offensive game plan.

Ebolapox
03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
We better keep him, or Herm would have to actually be a real football coach and require a balanced offensive game plan.

dear god, NOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Guru
03-07-2007, 11:32 PM
WTF is a balanced offensive game plan?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 11:33 PM
dear god, NOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I know. It's like he's playing playstation or something. Just run LJ 50 times a game, that doesn't require any thinking at all. Man I can't wait until Herm and Carl are gone, we could possibly be a real organization.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 11:35 PM
WTF is a balanced offensive game plan?
lol, it's an attack on the opposing defense that does so by featuring running...and get this...passing the football!! That's right, PASSING!!!

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Your act is wearing thin, Cody.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 11:36 PM

Acting? We're screwed.

Guru
03-07-2007, 11:37 PM
lol, it's an attack on the opposing defense that does so by featuring running...and get this...passing the football!! That's right, PASSING!!!
Holy shit!!! PASSING!!! We can do that?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Holy shit!!! PASSING!!! We can do that?

It's done around the league, I hear.

Guru
03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
It's done around the league, I hear.
We're screwed.

Count Alex's Wins
03-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Guys give Herm a break. When the forward pass was legalized he wasn't even BORN.

boogblaster
03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Passing is where one player throws the football past the line of scrimage to another player and he catches it for yardage gain....

Chiefs Pantalones
03-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Passing is where one player throws the football past the line of scrimage to another player and he catches it for yardage gain....

Is it very popular with the kids?

Florida_Bronco
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM

Now you know how your readers (all 12 of them) feel.

Florida_Bronco
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM

It is only "bullshit" because you refuse to believe that there is any truth to the matter. I've told you already that I've heard at least 2 reports from credible sources that the Chiefs are gauging interest in him, and even Zach has something hinting at that as well from "a guy who is usually pretty informed on the Chiefs."

A deal may or may not get done, but the Chiefs are definetly considering it, whether or not you can come to terms with that.

FDS
03-08-2007, 01:40 AM
"..he also said that there is the potential blockbuster that could happen"

Doesn't say anything about a player. Papa Johns must be close on the stadium naming rights.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Guru
03-08-2007, 01:44 AM
"..he also said that there is the potential blockbuster that could happen"

Doesn't say anything about a player. Papa Johns must be close on the stadium naming rights.

Parker Sucks
Hey, if it means "better ingredients" why the hell not?

FDS
03-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Barbeque pizza pie for all veterans.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

RedThat
03-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Interesting, if its true?

I hope this team DOES NOT trade LJ though.

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Interesting, if its true?

I hope this team DOES NOT trade LJ though.Depends on what we get in return. LJ for the Cowboy cheerleaders?:hmmm:

Guru
03-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Depends on what we get in return. LJ for the Cowboy cheerleaders?:hmmm:
Maybe if the Vikings still have not learned from the Hershel Walker trade. :hmmm:

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Maybe if the Vikings still have not learned from the Hershel Walker trade. :hmmm:Just thinking that the Chiefs could pull off that gives me a semi.

ferrarispider95
03-08-2007, 02:54 AM
It is simply referred to as "The Trade." It was the largest player trade in NFL history, and it led to a Super Bowl caliber Vikings squad being decimated, a 2-time Super Bowl champion Cowboys team being built, and Vikings GM Mike Lynn being perhaps the most hated man in the world by Vikings fans. The Trade took place on October 12, 1989. Believing the Vikings to be only a big-time RB away from winning it all, Lynn acquired Herschel Walker from the Cowboys and new owner Jerry Jones and new coach Jimmy Johnson for 5 roster players (LB Jesse Solomon, DB Issiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, DE Alex Stewart), and 6 assorted draft picks (conditional 1st & 2nd round in '90 and '91; 1st round and conditional 3rd in '92).

Nelson, upset at being traded, refused to report to the Cowboys and was traded to the San Diego Chargers, ultimately returning to the Vikings. The result of the trade to San Diego was the Vikings sending a 6th round pick in 1990 and the original conditional 2nd round pick in 1991, and the Chargers sending their 5th round pick in 1990 to Minnesota via Dallas. The Cowboys then waived DE Alex Stewart and threatened to waive other players in order to get all of the conditional draft picks. In February 1990, the Cowboys traded their 3rd and 10th round picks and their 1991 3rd rounder to the Vikings so that they could keep the 3 remaining roster players and all of the conditional draft picks. So the initial trade looked as follows:

Guru
03-08-2007, 02:59 AM
It is simply referred to as "The Trade." It was the largest player trade in NFL history, and it led to a Super Bowl caliber Vikings squad being decimated, a 2-time Super Bowl champion Cowboys team being built, and Vikings GM Mike Lynn being perhaps the most hated man in the world by Vikings fans. The Trade took place on October 12, 1989. Believing the Vikings to be only a big-time RB away from winning it all, Lynn acquired Herschel Walker from the Cowboys and new owner Jerry Jones and new coach Jimmy Johnson for 5 roster players (LB Jesse Solomon, DB Issiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, DE Alex Stewart), and 6 assorted draft picks (conditional 1st & 2nd round in '90 and '91; 1st round and conditional 3rd in '92).

Nelson, upset at being traded, refused to report to the Cowboys and was traded to the San Diego Chargers, ultimately returning to the Vikings. The result of the trade to San Diego was the Vikings sending a 6th round pick in 1990 and the original conditional 2nd round pick in 1991, and the Chargers sending their 5th round pick in 1990 to Minnesota via Dallas. The Cowboys then waived DE Alex Stewart and threatened to waive other players in order to get all of the conditional draft picks. In February 1990, the Cowboys traded their 3rd and 10th round picks and their 1991 3rd rounder to the Vikings so that they could keep the 3 remaining roster players and all of the conditional draft picks. So the initial trade looked as follows:

Of course, Ditka throwing the entire draft for Ricky Williams is comparable to it.

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 03:01 AM
Of course, Ditka throwing the entire draft for Ricky Williams is comparable to it.Ditka must have been smokin' some of Ricky's shit.

acesn8s
03-08-2007, 03:04 AM

Nelson, upset at being traded, refused to report to the Cowboys and was traded to the San Diego Chargers, ultimately returning to the Vikings. The result of the trade to San Diego was the Vikings sending a 6th round pick in 1990 and the original conditional 2nd round pick in 1991, and the Chargers sending their 5th round pick in 1990 to Minnesota via Dallas. The Cowboys then waived DE Alex Stewart and threatened to waive other players in order to get all of the conditional draft picks. In February 1990, the Cowboys traded their 3rd and 10th round picks and their 1991 3rd rounder to the Vikings so that they could keep the 3 remaining roster players and all of the conditional draft picks. So the initial trade looked as follows:I'm pretty certain that there was more to this thought.

penchief
03-08-2007, 06:48 AM

It may just be referring to Trent Green. The guys on Sirius have been talking about that potential trade a lot. They're acting like it would be a blockbuster even though it only involves a late round pick.

I like what Herm's doing though. This team has always been willing to carry a lot of dead weight. Looks like he might be serious about getting rid of it.

Chiefnj
03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Jared Allen is the first blue chip defensive player the Chiefs have drafted and developed since Donnie Edwards in 1996 and Dale Carter in 1992(?). You don't get better by losing the only decent talent that you've developed in the last decade, especially when that player is very young. It should not have come to a point where Allen has already gone public and said his days in KC are done. When guys with 12.5 career sacks are getting 13 mil guaranteed, it means you are going to have to pay a guy like JA a lot of money. That's what DE's expect and that's what they get.

I understand his DUI issues, but there are ways to structure deals. Have big roster bonuses, base his pay on numbers of games played in a year, etc. For discussions to have apparently broken down completely, as they appear to, sucks big time.

As others have said - to replace JA and LJ you need at least two good draft picks for each, and you have to hit on them or else you are just treading water at best, or even more likely you are taking big steps back.

Chief Chief
03-08-2007, 08:24 AM
My belief is that the Chiefs will hang onto LJ and run the crap out of him in 2007, and then trade him next year for draft picks or big-time talent. This gives Huard/Croyle a year to get used to playing in the NFL without having to pass on 50% or more of the offensive downs as well as allowing our recently-acquired OT and a rookie OL or two to learn KC's offense going into the 2008 season. The Chiefs will use their 2007 & 2008 draft picks for WR, OL, DB, DT, RB, K, and other needed positions to solidify a young and talented 2008 Super Bowl contender.

ChiTown
03-08-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm just thankful that none of you fuggers are the GM. Geezushkrist.....

:)

Brock
03-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Yeah, like Vermeil.

Chiefnj
03-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, like Vermeil.

Vermeil didn't have a balanced offense??

Brock
03-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Vermeil didn't have a balanced offense??

sure he did. He had a great OFFENSE. Too bad he only built half a team.

Chiefnj
03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
sure he did. He had a great OFFENSE. Too bad he only built half a team.
VT talked about a balanced offense, not a balanced team.

Brock
03-08-2007, 09:14 AM
VT talked about a balanced offense, not a balanced team.

All VT ever talks about is the offense, which is the point.

Simply Red
03-08-2007, 09:20 AM

The "X-Factor?" Is this some sort of sick joke?

[sarcasm]

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
From April to January, I get to hear Mitch at least once a week up here. I've picked up a few things regarding his "style".

1) If he said "blockbuster" he meant blockbuster, as in Jared Allen or LJ. If he said "name player" or "surprise" he probably meant Trent or Dante Hall.

2) His information is usually VERY accurate regarding personnel moves.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
All VT ever talks about is the offense, which is the point.

It seems as if only gochiefs catches my sarcasm.

Oh well... :)

the Talking Can
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
From April to January, I get to hear Mitch at least once a week up here. I've picked up a few things regarding his "style".

1) If he said "blockbuster" he meant blockbuster, as in Jared Allen or LJ. If he said "name player" or "surprise" he probably meant Trent or Dante Hall.

2) His information is usually VERY accurate regarding personnel moves.

I want something to happen just for the sake of something happening....let's shake things up, blow the dust off, cliche, cliche, etc....

ARROW2
03-08-2007, 10:34 AM
It may just be referring to Trent Green. The guys on Sirius have been talking about that potential trade a lot. They're acting like it would be a blockbuster even though it only involves a late round pick.

I like what Herm's doing though. This team has always been willing to carry a lot of dead weight. Looks like he might be serious about getting rid of it.

True, but what I can't figure out is:

WHY IS HICKS ON THE TEAM?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zouk
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
A little fuel to the LJ trade rumors; the Chiefs worked out Marshawn Lynch at his pro day according to nfl.com's Gil Brandt.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

Two NFL position coaches worked out RB Marshawn Lynch -- Tom Rathman (Raiders) and James Saxon (Chiefs).

Coogs
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
He said that trades are coming, Herm wants to stockpile draft picks, he also said that there is the potential blockbuster that could happen, he was asked if it was LJ and he said he would just leave it at that, but he did say that some other popular players other than LJ could be traded.

As most of you know, I would go for this. First and foremost, I am a fan of the Chiefs. My loyalty lies with the Chiefs. And yes, I do like the players as well, but most all of them are in it for themselves. Most all of the players are going to follow the money. For years, we have watched other teams make moves with their "popular" players. And for years, I have wondered why we do not do the same thing.

I am all for a complete makeover on this team. I liked the team we put together that nearly got the job done under DV. We didn't get it done, but it was darn exciting. Now it is time to build a new team. Should have been done last year IMO, but now works too.

I'll still have to see it to believe it, but I really wnat to see something like this go down.

Chiefnj
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
I am all for a complete makeover on this team. I liked the team we put together that nearly got the job done under DV. We didn't get it done, but it was darn exciting. Now it is time to build a new team. Should have been done last year IMO, but now works too.

The problem that I see is that the big tradeable players are young guys that you would want to build around. Other teams trade older guys (like the Eagles). Trading the good young players just doesn't make much sense.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Maybe it is for a player instead of trading one away

patteeu
03-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe it is for a player instead of trading one away

Except that the OP says Herm wants to stockpile picks.

Brock
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM
The problem that I see is that the big tradeable players are young guys that you would want to build around. Other teams trade older guys (like the Eagles). Trading the good young players just doesn't make much sense.

It does if they're causing bigger problems than they're worth.

crazycoffey
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
True, but what I can't figure out is:

WHY IS HICKS ON THE TEAM?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we don't really want to get rid of our biggest Defensive Leader, on the sideline, do we??

siberian khatru
03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
we don't really want to get rid of our biggest Defensive Leader, on the sideline, do we??

We need him in case we start 1-3.

nychief
03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I can't think of any player we have - other than LJ - that would have major pull around the league. TG? Sure. But, that is not going to happen.

Brock
03-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I can't think of any player we have - other than LJ - that would have major pull around the league. TG? Sure. But, that is not going to happen.

Could be why Tony signed his deal without a fight. :shrug:

Rausch
03-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Gonzo will retire a Chief.

Kclee
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Could be both. LJ to Cleveland for B. Edwards and their 4th rounder. I'm starting this rumor. :)

patteeu
03-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Could be both. LJ to Cleveland for B. Edwards and their 4th rounder. I'm starting this rumor. :)

:thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM

smokescreen :)

GoHuge
03-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Anything to add?He said "i won't go there" but kind of left the door open if you will.

GoHuge
03-08-2007, 01:23 PM

2) His information is usually VERY accurate regarding personnel moves.Yeah as I heard Petro say "he aint up there just throwing darts"