PDA

View Full Version : some more Green to Miami speculation

Wile_E_Coyote
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Miami tries to tie up Green and loose ends

By Edgar (n@pbpost.com) Thompson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Thursday, March 08, 2007
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/08/a3c_fins_notes_0308.html

With the effectiveness of Daunte Culpepper still a question, Dolphins coach Cam Cameron is trying to bring in a familiar face to provide another option at quarterback.

A source said Wednesday that the Dolphins are working on a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs that might bring Trent Green to Miami as soon as this week.

Cameron was Green's quarterbacks coach with the Washington Redskins from 1994-96. The Dolphins' new quarterbacks coach, Terry Shea, worked with Green in Kansas City.

The Dolphins also are trying to lock up reserve quarterback Cleo Lemon, who received a one-year tender offer for $1.3 million guaranteed. He and the Dolphins are working on a multi-year deal, said his agent, John Rickert.

"His ultimate goal is to be the starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins," Rickert said.

If Green ends up in Miami, the Dolphins would have two veteran quarterbacks - Green and Culpepper - with a history of injuries and a 27-year-old - Lemon - with only one NFL start.

Culpepper, 30, will count more than $6 million against the 2007 salary cap. He was ineffective in the four games he played last season after coming back from major knee surgery.

Green, who will be 37 in July, missed eight games last season after he sustained a concussion, finishing with seven touchdowns and nine interceptions. Former Dolphin Damon Huard is expected to replace him in Kansas City.

Green's 74.1 passer rating last season was his lowest since 2001, his first year in Kansas City. But in nine seasons he has a completion percentage of 60.8 with 157 touchdowns and 101 interceptions.
Whoever takes the snaps for the Dolphins next season will be protected by an offensive line that remains a work in progress.

The Dolphins released guards Seth McKinney and Bennie Anderson and decided not to re-sign left tackle Damion McIntosh and guards Kendyl Jacox, Jeno James and Toniu Fonoti. But, seven days into the free-agency period, Miami hasn't hosted any offensive linemen for visits.
On Wednesday, the Dolphins played host to Jacksonville running back LaBrandon Toefield and Chicago safety Cameron Worrel, a teammate of safety Todd Johnson, who visited Tuesday.

In its search for a big-play receiver, Miami could meet with Philadelphia's Donte Stallworth as early as today. Talks with Cincinnati receiver Kelley Washington, the first player to visit Miami during free agency, are expected to resume today, a source said.

Running back Travis Minor, who had been with the Dolphins since leaving Florida State in 2001, signed a one-year deal with St. Louis, uniting him with former Dolphins offensive coordinator and current Rams head coach Scott Linehan.

StcChief
03-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Green behind that OL kiss the rest of your season goodbye.

rad
03-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Don't laugh......we got their LT.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Don't laugh......we got their LT.

Heh... good point.

jlscorpio
03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
If I was a 'fins fan, right now might be a good time to say...Print 'Em

noa
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
If I was a 'fins fan, right now might be a good time to say...Print 'Em

Until they get their QB situation figured out, I'm skeptical. Their defense can probably carry them for another season, but Culpepper is a turnover machine, and I don't think Trent Green would be the answer for them.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Trent would be a 1 or 2 year thing, if they can get him some protection. Culpepper def. needs to have competition and prove he is healthy.

vailpass
03-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Who the fluck is Cleo Lemon????

noa
03-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Exactly.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Sounds like a dish.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 01:15 PM
I went to junior high with a kid named Lee Lemon.

Bootlegged
03-08-2007, 01:17 PM

The lovechild of Miss Cleo and Jack Lemon of course.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-08-2007, 01:19 PM
BuckinKeading can correct me if I'm wrong. But Lemon was a Charger who was traded to Miami for somewhere around a 5th rounder

Kclee
03-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I went to junior high with a kid named Lee Lemon.

My last name is Lee and I ate a lemon in junior high.

jlscorpio
03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Abe Lemmon was the Longhorns Basketball coach during the Eddie Sutton era at Arkansas

ChiTown
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Abe Vigoda was balls in Barney Miller...........

percysnow
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
getting rid of green is a big mistake. .

Sully
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
So here's the question...
The NFL clearly hates Trent, and the NFL clearly hates the Chiefs...

So, say a Chiefs player hits Trent, playing for the Fins, late below the knees. Does Ed Hochuli spontaneously combust in the middle of the field? [/TIC]

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2007, 02:11 PM

Green behind almost ANY offensive line and you can kiss the rest of your season goodby.

hawkchief
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM

Pretty sure he used to play for the Harlem Globetrotters. ;)

Rooster
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
So here's the question...
The NFL clearly hates Trent, and the NFL clearly hates the Chiefs...

So, say a Chiefs player hits Trent, playing for the Fins, late below the knees. Does Ed Hochuli spontaneously combust in the middle of the field? [/TIC]

Yes, I think he does. Also Denver will get a third round pick for some reason.

htismaqe
03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Pretty sure he used to play for the Harlem Globetrotters. ;)

ROFL

boogblaster
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Lemon was used at one time with water, sugar and ice to make a drink ....

Adept Havelock
03-08-2007, 04:20 PM

Is he related to Meadowlark?

edit- Damnit, beat by hawkchief. :cuss:

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure if this has been 'kicked' around, but you guys want something in return for Green. Miami appears to be interested and now after signing Feely... they need to find a home (or cut) Mare.

What about a Green for Mare and a R6 pick in 2007?