PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee to Baltimore

HolmeZz
03-08-2007, 11:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

For a 3rd, a 7th, and a 3rd next year.

carlos3652
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Wasnt he a former 1st round pick? Like 3-4 years ago...

Marco Polo
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Imagine what LJ could get. Would you trade LJ for 2 2's and a 4th?

HolmeZz
03-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Wasnt he a former 1st round pick? Like 3-4 years ago...

He went a couple picks before LJ, despite having a wrecked knee.

nychief
03-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I would trade LJ for two number 1s.

Brock
03-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Imagine what LJ could get. Would you trade LJ for 2 2's and a 4th?

No.

Pushead2
03-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Too much.....

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
No.
What about a mid 1st rounder 15-20 and a high 2nd or 3rd?

The Bad Guy
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
What about a mid 1st rounder 15-20 and a high 2nd or 3rd?

Nope.

We know what we have in LJ. We have no idea what type of player we get in the draft.

I never understood the premise of trading your best player if the goal is to get better.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Nope.

We know what we have in LJ. We have no idea what type of player we get in the draft.

I never understood the premise of trading your best player if the goal is to get better.
I am not up for trading him either, i basically throwing out ideas. I just hope we dont run him to the ground 400+ times every year and have more balance.

Brock
03-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Nope.

If he starts to break down over the next couple of years, it might have seemed like a good idea.

RedThat
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
If he starts to break down over the next couple of years, it might have seemed like a good idea.

But then his value would decrease. If youre gonna get something for LJ, best bet is to trade him now.

Although, I am opposed to doing that. Not a big fan of trading away your best player. Unless the team is completely crap, and need to get younger, then I would trade LJ. But the Chiefs are far from that.

penchief
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Nope.

Not only that, McGahee can't carry LJ's jock. If people think LJ is a locker room cancer then they wouldn't like Willis. He wrote his own ticket out of Buffalo by publicly commenting that the Bills would be better off in Toronto. That would be the equivalent of LJ saying the Chiefs would be better off if they moved to St. Louis.

bringbackmarty
03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
At the start of the offseason, I thought that we should trade l.j., but the acquisitions of mac and signing of huard make me think that the changing of the offense will benefit l.j. a lot. We need to lose a few more vets on the offense and replace them with fresh meat that fits the system better. The two of the biggest questions have been answered about as good as they could have been considering the circumstances. We still need a guard (draft), another tackle (draft), two Wr's(one draft 1 FA) , a TE(draft), and a FB(grigsby, draft), but thats it on offense.

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
LJ being a locker room cancer is a completely unproven myth.

bringbackmarty
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Not only that, McGahee can't carry LJ's jock. If people think LJ is a locker room cancer then they wouldn't like Willis. He wrote his own ticket out of Buffalo by publicly commenting that the Bills would be better off in Toronto. That would be the equivalent of LJ saying the Chiefs would be better off if they moved to St. Louis.
Me thinkey more like Chicago Chiefs.

penchief
03-08-2007, 12:14 PM
LJ being a locker room cancer is a completely unproven myth.

I agree. But McGahee has shown that tendency.

CoMoChief
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
No.

I would. Having 3 2nd round picks? That would be great. There are too many holes on this team.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Interesting trade. I wonder if the Bills will turn around and sign a guy like Rhodes. It's not a bad deal for them.

If KC wants to help LJ ... legit threats at WR might help.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Interesting trade. I wonder if the Bills will turn around and sign a guy like Rhodes. It's not a bad deal for them.

Agreed....some form of a passing game might be nice, and they need to use our backup to spell him more.

DaWolf
03-08-2007, 01:26 PM

That would help both LJ AND Gonzo. I never understood why the Chiefs never try to get themselves a top notch WR.

Sure, the "offensive system" scored a lot of points the last few years, but I think come crunch time against good teams, you need solid go-to players rather than just a system. You get good players the system doesn't matter. A big time WR would open the game up for the other two so much, and make the QB's job much easier...

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 01:28 PM
So, did Stallworth actually visit KC?

He's a guy that should be fairly cheap, good upside... but he will disappoint at times. Call me crazy (and you might), but if I were looking at WRs... I don't know why KC wouldn't puruse the likes of Stallworth and Curtis.

Are they elite receivers? No, but ... they have upside and might be had relatively inexpensively.

And, there's always Antonio Bryant ... ton of talent mixed with headaches.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM

He's a guy that should be fairly cheap, good upside... but he will disappoint at times. Call me crazy (and you might), but if I were looking at WRs... I don't know why KC wouldn't puruse the likes of Stallworth and Curtis.

Are they elite receivers? No, but ... they have upside and might be had relatively inexpensively.

And, there's always Antonio Bryant ... ton of talent mixed with headaches.
I agree that we should sign one of them, but I haven't heard anything about Stallworth actually making it here. I won't count on 98.9 the rock for my sports news, if it was off 810 or some sports authority i'd say its legit but it's nothing more than a rumor imo and not a good one.

The Bad Guy
03-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I have no freaking idea why the Chiefs haven't brought in a single FA wideout. It's almost like they actually like having garbage at receiver.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 01:52 PM
I have no freaking idea why the Chiefs haven't brought in a single FA wideout. It's almost like they actually like having garbage at receiver.
Really suprising imo, i think we should sign a WR for sure, our guys are scrubs and kennison is old as hell.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I am not up for trading him either, i basically throwing out ideas. I just hope we dont run him to the ground 400+ times every year and have more balance.

ROFL Your great a comedy, I will tip the waitress...

Hell yes Herm is going to run his ass into the ground, if you think other wise your nuckenfuts.

Reerun_KC
03-08-2007, 01:54 PM

What will a WR do for this offense? We are so run and clock control heavy, a quality WR really wont help much...

It would be different if our goal was to score TD's and lots of them.

NJ Chief Fan
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
What the hell is taking the Giants so long to make an offer for LJ?!?!?! And yes, I would take a couple 2nd's and a 4th. Shit, I think I would take a 2nd, a 3rd, and 5th.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I still think it's Carl's way of negating a quality CB on the other team.

The Bad Guy
03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
What will a WR do for this offense? We are so run and clock control heavy, a quality WR really wont help much...

It would be different if our goal was to score TD's and lots of them.

Get over yourself.

Coles seemed to do pretty well in Herm's offense.

But don't let that stop you from your hourly bleed-fest all over threads about how much you hate Herm.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Stallworth, Curtis & Kennison would go a long way to helping out the offensive line. I don't understand why they haven't been brought in for interviews, either.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, that trio at WR would go a long ways towards balancing out the focus on LJ.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah, that trio at WR would go a long ways towards balancing out the focus on LJ.
Agreed...makes too much sense, so that means it won't happen.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Agreed...makes too much sense, so that means it won't happen.

And, that's why I give Carl a big ... :thumb: :toast:

milkman
03-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Lost in this thread is the fact that the Ravens got ass raped by the Bills in that deal.

No way in hell I would give up two third round picks and a seventh for MaGahee.

Hell, I wouldn't give up a third for him.

banyon
03-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Lost in this thread is the fact that the Ravens got ass raped by the Bills in that deal.

No way in hell I would give up two third round picks and a seventh for MaGahee.

Hell, I wouldn't give up a third for him.

I usually agree with your football takes, but I think McGahee is a pretty significant upgrade over Lewis for the Ravens. Ever since prison, Lewis has been running like he was shot in the gut with a harpoon. The Ravens are loaded and young enough that they can afford to squander a few picks in the short term.

We could not have made a move like this.

milkman
03-08-2007, 08:42 PM
I usually agree with your football takes, but I think McGahee is a pretty significant upgrade over Lewis for the Ravens. Ever since prison, Lewis has been running like he was shot in the gut with a harpoon. The Ravens are loaded and young enough that they can afford to squander a few picks in the short term.

We could not have made a move like this.

He's not a significant upgrade.
In his three years (not including his rookie year when he was still recovering from his collge injury), he's averaged only 3.9 yards per carry, with 4.0 yards per in his best season.

He's a mediocre RB.

They needed to replace Lewis, but not with this bust.

Edit: And sure as hell not at that cost.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I think McGahee has value, but the Oline in BUF hasn't been stellar and the threat of their passing game.. well, nothing fearful their either.

I'm very glad that Denver didn't throw picks their way for him though.

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I would. Having 3 2nd round picks? That would be great. There are too many holes on this team.In another thread, you complained about the Royals trading Carlos Beltran -- in the last year of his contract -- and picking up Mark Teahen.

In this thread, you advocate trading Larry Johnson and picking up a couple of draft picks.

:spock:

The Bad Guy
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
In another thread, you complained about the Royals trading Carlos Beltran -- in the last year of his contract -- and picking up Mark Teahen.

In this thread, you advocate trading Larry Johnson and picking up a couple of draft picks.

:spock:

Anyone who thinks Larry Johnson is worth a couple 2nd round picks is out of their mind.

Without Larry Johnson, this would be the worst offense in the NFL- bar none.

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2007, 08:59 PM
But if we don't trade him now we'll be saddled with our best player for who knows how long!

KC56DJ
03-08-2007, 10:38 PM
yeah i thought we would have been a major player in tryin to get stalworths services, but i guess not, maybe they have their eye on some WR in the draft

Mr. Laz
03-08-2007, 10:56 PM
if Larry Johnson isn't worth a 1st in a trade then he isn't worth a huge contract.

RedThat
03-09-2007, 12:33 AM

I say we draft one instead. Id love to see that.

Mecca
03-09-2007, 12:42 AM
He's not a significant upgrade.
In his three years (not including his rookie year when he was still recovering from his collge injury), he's averaged only 3.9 yards per carry, with 4.0 yards per in his best season.

He's a mediocre RB.

They needed to replace Lewis, but not with this bust.

Edit: And sure as hell not at that cost.

He is a significant upgrade in the fact that he isn't on the downside of his career like Lewis is. He's never even played with a remotely good line, he's a 2nd tier talent guy he's in the 5-10 range he just doesn't get much chance to show it when no one blocks for him.

Chiefs=Good
03-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Really suprising imo, i think we should sign a WR for sure, our guys are scrubs and kennison is old as hell.

i remember that at the combine herm was talkin to Rice and Meachem i think he will try to get a reciever through the draft rather than getting a an older guy for probably a huge contract.