PDA

View Full Version : Draft Party at TSC?

Direckshun
03-08-2007, 11:44 AM
The Chiefs are going to host the first day of the draft at the Truman Sports Complex, $25 a pop.

I've never done this before, but seeing how April 28th is my birthday, is it a good experience? What goes on?

Let me know whether I should drop coin to do it. Otherwise, I don't care, I'll just take up space at Maloneys.

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I got free tickets to one in 2001. Chiefs didnt have a single first round pick but got to see them bring in Priest and then the big one at that time, Trent.

That and it was all you can eat buffet.

Scaga
03-08-2007, 11:48 AM
In the words of Jeff Spicoli and Mr. Hand

"I don't know"

Demonpenz
03-08-2007, 11:49 AM
all you can eat hot dogs

Scaga
03-08-2007, 11:50 AM
all you can eat hot dogs

Too bad...If it were nachos, Priest would surely show up.

Phobia
03-08-2007, 11:55 AM
It's nothing spectacular. I've been for free. I certainly wouldn't spend $25 for it. I wouldn't spend $10 on it.

go bowe
03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
tightwad...

ChiefsCountry
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree with Phobia, it isnt worth $25 for me. But if you take a kid it might be. They can get autographs and stuff like that.

Monty
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
It's nothing spectacular. I've been for free. I certainly wouldn't spend $25 for it. I wouldn't spend $10 on it.

What, no calendars this year? ;)

I'm planning on going....I'm all about the beer. :toast:

unothadeal
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree with Phobia, it isnt worth $25 for me. But if you take a kid it might be. They can get autographs and stuff like that.
I hope you know this kid you're taking

Demonpenz
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
any word if larry johnson will be there?

BigRedChief
03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Scew it. I've been to it for free and it was okay to hand with some fellow Chief fans but I can do that anywhere. Save your money

Sully
03-08-2007, 04:38 PM
It was fun to be around all the people, I went for a few years.

But it's not worth $25.

OnTheWarpath58
03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
At my draft party you can throw things (not at the TV) when CP moves out of R1 to take a guy in R2 that would have been there in R4.

Hopefully it never happens again.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I went to a 'draft party' deal here in Dallas a few years ago... I went b/c it was at a huge bar and billed as being a great time.

Granted... the cheerleaders were VERY nice to look at, but that was the biggest time waste of all time. The majority of people there... had no life, granted that fits many that frequent sports boards in March. But, you've watched an actual draft right?

There is so much dead time b/t picks ... maybe I would have had more fun if I were at one of these that was more Broncos oriented. But, I can't imagine it being much better.

For $25... hell go to a good strip club and watch it with much better scenery.

OnTheWarpath58
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I went to a 'draft party' deal here in Dallas a few years ago... I went b/c it was at a huge bar and billed as being a great time.

Granted... the cheerleaders were VERY nice to look at, but that was the biggest time waste of all time. The majority of people there... had no life, granted that fits many that frequent sports boards in March. But, you've watched an actual draft right?

There is so much dead time b/t picks ... maybe I would have had more fun if I were at one of these that was more Broncos oriented. But, I can't imagine it being much better.

For $25... hell go to a good strip club and watch it with much better scenery.

I've had one at the house with some friends for the past 4 years. Everyone chips in and we get beer and wings, etc.

We're usualy playing poker during the downtime, so it doesn't seem that long to us. Plus, there are usually 3-4 teams represented, so those picks garner more interest.

I will never leave the house for the draft again.......