PDA

View Full Version : Does daylight saving time really start this weekend?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I thought it started April 1?

JimNasium
03-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes. Set your clock back 2 hours on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

OnTheWarpath58
Add a "1" and you're there. In March.

March 11.

Mecca
Daylight savings time is stupid to begin with.......we should be like Arizona and not do it.

OnTheWarpath58
03-08-2007, 01:31 PM

ROFL

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 01:31 PM
yep. Trust me I wish it hadn't I have been working my ass off at work trying to get all of our computers and servers updated with all the latest DST patches.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I believe we lose an hour so at 12am make it 1am....

StcChief
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
ROFL
Spring forward/Fall back.

JimNasium
03-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Don't listen to these bozos Cody. Set your clock back 2 hours and you will be golden. Trust me.

Bob Dole
03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Bob Dole didn't think cavemen needed clocks.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Daylight savings time is stupid to begin with.......we should be like Arizona and not do it.

Why is it stupid? It's been proven to save energy Plus for us "Coaster's", it's nice to have sunlight past 5:30pm. It darker much, much earlier on the coasts than it does in the Midwest.

Don't you remember that from your days at USC? ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
yep. Trust me I wish it hadn't I have been working my ass off at work trying to get all of our computers and servers updated with all the latest DST patches.
Use WSUS, dumbass.

Brock
03-08-2007, 02:02 PM

lol

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Use WSUS, dumbass.

I have another way to distribute windows updates to the workstations and that is not really the big deal.

Servers on the other hand I manually do Windows Updates and patching Exchange Server and the way MS wants you to fix everyone's calendar is ****ing stupid.

But thanks anyway dumbass. :)

Mile High Mania
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM

Damn you, first Geico and now this...

Saulbadguy
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I have another way to distribute windows updates to the workstations and that is not really the big deal.

Servers on the other hand I manually do Windows Updates and patching Exchange Server and the way MS wants you to fix everyone's calendar is ****ing stupid.

But thanks anyway dumbass. :)
Yeah - our exchange crap caused a bit of a problem with old appointments. People were getting confirmation for appointments that were years old.

The biggest pain was/is the handheld devices.

wutamess
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM

Same here.
Have to work 6-12 hours Saturday night until Sunday 12pm.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah - our exchange crap caused a bit of a problem with old appointments. People were getting confirmation for appointments that were years old.

The biggest pain was/is the handheld devices.

Yep we were lucky that 85% of our employees never use their calendar but the ones that did had some funky things go on.

We have a mixture of Windows Mobile 5 smartphones and old blackberries and the old blackberries are a pain.

dirk digler
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Same here.
Have to work 6-12 hours Saturday night until Sunday 12pm.

That sucks. I finished up yesterday so I am crossing my fingers come Sunday morning.

KC Kings
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Amen. I wonder how many years of 3 weeks of reduced energy spending it will take to offset the money spent on IT resources alone to get prepared for this change.

el borracho
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
http://70.103.189.76/~tictocro/Images/caveman.JPG

Saulbadguy
03-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Yep we were lucky that 85% of our employees never use their calendar but the ones that did had some funky things go on.

We have a mixture of Windows Mobile 5 smartphones and old blackberries and the old blackberries are a pain.
BES sucks.

StcChief
03-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Why is it stupid? It's been proven to save energy Plus for us "Coaster's", it's nice to have sunlight past 5:30pm. It darker much, much earlier on the coasts than it does in the Midwest.

easier to see the earthquakes coming :p

Calcountry
03-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Daylight savings time is stupid to begin with.......we should be like Arizona and not do it.I would rather have more daylight in the evening than in the morning, and then leave it alone all year round.

PinkFloyd
03-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't listen to these bozos Cody. Set your clock back 2 hours and you will be FIRED at work !!! Trust me.

I fixed it for ya Jim...

Mecca
03-09-2007, 12:35 AM
I would rather have more daylight in the evening than in the morning, and then leave it alone all year round.

Personally I don't want more daylight in the summer when it's hot as balls. I usually think "I wish it would hurry up and get dark so it won't be as hot"

Of course I'm more of a night person than a day person so I prefer dark to light anyhow.

Guru
03-09-2007, 12:40 AM
I hate it as well. Makes getting the kids to bed a real pain in the ass in the summer.

FAX
03-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I agree, damn it. Daylight savings can kiss a Giant Toad.

It's confusing and stupid. We would be better off arbitrarily declaring the current time based on your car's little digital clock that's always off by 8 minutes no matter what because auto manufacturers can build a power plant tuned and engineered so precisely that you can accelerate from 0 to 60 in 6.2 seconds but you'll never know it because the clock in the dashboard behaves like it's been travelling Albert Einstein's pocket through a dimensional membrane where time as we know it doesn't exist and Japanese men are 12 friggin' feet tall.

FAX

Baconeater
03-09-2007, 01:29 AM
I hate it as well. Makes getting the kids to bed a real pain in the ass in the summer.
What friggin' time do you send your kids to bed?

Guru
03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
What friggin' time do you send your kids to bed?
My 3 and 5 year old? 8:30pm. The sun is still up at that point in the summer here. They always say "but it is still light out."

Baconeater
03-09-2007, 01:36 AM
My 3 and 5 year old? 8:30pm. The sun is still up at that point in the summer here. They always say "but it is still light out."
Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not one of your kids.

Guru
03-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not one of your kids.
This coming from the guy with Al Bundy holding a gun in his Avatar. ROFL

Guru
03-09-2007, 01:40 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fbcIf0jXHk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fbcIf0jXHk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is a mean dad.

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:21 AM

My friends 3 year old kid refuses to go to bed.....and he's one of those try to be the friend parents that says "I can't make her do anything" I personally find it hilarious when his kid is awake at it's 2 AM.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2007, 02:26 AM
My friends 3 year old kid refuses to go to bed.....and he's one of those try to be the friend parents that says "I can't make her do anything" I personally find it hilarious when his kid is awake at it's 2 AM.

That's Hilarious! Almost as funny as USC losing to UCLA!! You are so freakin' funny!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Guru
03-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah, the friend approach will cause nothing but trouble for any parent.

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeah, the friend approach will cause nothing but trouble for any parent.

First kid......dude one time I was over there, and his daughter is running around totally naked I found this very very strange. And they're just like "she refuses to wear clothes we can't make her" and his kid is like bothering me and I was just totally ****ing weirded out by it......

They're strange ass parents.

Guru
03-09-2007, 02:30 AM
First kid......dude one time I was over there, and his daughter is running around totally naked I found this very very strange. And they're just like "she refuses to wear clothes we can't make her" and his kid is like bothering me and I was just totally ****ing weirded out by it......

They're strange ass parents.
ROFL I have seen that a few times. I am like WTF? I can just see them later in life.

Mecca
03-09-2007, 02:32 AM
I don't have kids but I'll tell you this, in no way shape or form would my kid ever be allowed to walk around naked in front of company. That just isn't right.

Guru
03-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I don't have kids but I'll tell you this, in no way shape or form would my kid ever be allowed to walk around naked in front of company. That just isn't right.
Trust me, every now and then they just pull a fast one on ya that you can't control.

My daughter did that ONCE. Stress the ONCE there.