PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green to Oakland?

Ugly Duck
03-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Wusup wit dis?:

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that if Miami cannot work out a trade for Trent Green, Green could be released and end up in Oakland."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=KC

Who's "Trent Green"..... is he any good?

Baconeater
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Most likely a repost.

PastorMikH
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Wouldn't that be something.

We keep the starter, cut the backup and he goes to oakland and beats us.

THEN, we keep the backup, cut the starter and he goes to oakland and beats us.

:shake:

noa
We should ask Hootie what he thinks

Guru
Boy, he had to dig deep to pull that crap outa his ass.

Demonpenz
gannon grbac all over again

Sam Hall
I'd say don't worry because every FA quarterback has somehow been connected to Oakland.

PastorMikH
03-08-2007, 11:12 PM

She still posts around here?

Oh, wait, I may still have her on iggy...

Baconeater
03-08-2007, 11:13 PM
It would probably be something like "if Green signs with Oakland, he can suck my dick and go to hell!".

unothadeal
Is it just me, or does Adam Schefter seem like a guy who doesn't enjoy football at all. Comes off as a former contestant on The Apprentice.

crazycoffey

http://webpages.charter.net/ajabma/Shhhh.gif

Skip Towne
03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Gark# Goff& Gasp* Trent a Raider? Say it ain't so.

Skip Towne
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM

I never thought of that. And I wish you hadn't.

crazycoffey
03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
http://images.nfl.com/images/author/8830.jpg

Hi, I won a reality TV show to be here and feel that I must make shit up to justify my existance......

|Zach|
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Oakland beating us?

I don't know.

It literally hasn't happened in years.

Demonpenz
03-08-2007, 11:29 PM
This would be as rare as a original Zach picture.

el borracho
03-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm trying to think of a reason why Trent Green wouldn't retire at this point. Money is the only motivator I can see. Other than money, what does he have to come back to? 9-7 with the Chiefs? 10-6 with the Dolphins? 5-11 with the Raidurrs?

|Zach|
03-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Oakland beating us?

I don't know.

It literally hasn't happened in years.
Although I hear this rumor that we are rebuilding. I don't see it but I hear it. :hmmm:

crazycoffey
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
OK, so he didn't win ESPN dream job, but I knew I didn't like ADAM. I think I know why he is spreading green to oakland propaganda.......

Adam is a donk fan!

http://www.nfl.com/writers/schefter

After covering the Broncos for 15 seasons, the longest continuous stretch of service by one reporter covering the team in franchise history, Adam Schefter has joined the NFL Network, where he will contribute in a variety of ways, including regular on-air reports, features and commentaries for the only year-round NFL news show, NFL Total Access, plus stories for NFL.com. Schefter is the author of two books: Mike Shanahan’s business-motivational book, Think Like a Champion, and Terrell Davis’ autobiography, TD: Dreams in Motion. His work has also been featured in The Best American Sports Writing 2002. He was named Colorado Sportswriter of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in 2002 and 2003.

FAX
03-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm trying to think of a reason why Trent Green wouldn't retire at this point. Money is the only motivator I can see. Other than money, what does he have to come back to? 9-7 with the Chiefs? 10-6 with the Dolphins? 5-11 with the Raidurrs?

Good question, Mr. el borracho. Excellent sentence structure, as well.

My guess would be that it's about playing the game. Trent's always struck me as a player who just loves playing football. He is, after all, the greatest blocking quarterback of all times.

FAX

DaWolf
03-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, if I'm an old QB coming off of a major concussion, the last place I want to wind up is Oakland.

Well maybe Houston, now that Jordan Black is there...

PastorMikH
03-08-2007, 11:47 PM
I never thought of that. And I wish you hadn't.

I like Trent and all, but if the same scenario were to play out in the exact same way, I think he's probably the only QB that could take his team to the SB and break Gannon's record for INT's in a SB.

:)

HemiEd
03-09-2007, 05:51 AM
I'd say don't worry because every FA quarterback has somehow been connected to Oakland.

Kind of like every FA WR for the past 6 years being connected to KC.

StcChief
03-09-2007, 06:27 AM
I really don't see it....

Chiefnj
03-09-2007, 06:55 AM
This would be great. It would put some excitement back into the old rivalry.

PastorMikH
03-09-2007, 07:18 AM
NFL Network just said that the Chiefs sent memos to all teams in the league - except the AFC West teams - granting permission to talk to Trent concerning a trade.

They said that if Green doesn't get traded and is cut, there's a good chance of him showing up in Oakland.

boogblaster
03-09-2007, 07:23 AM
It will never happen..Green might be wash-up but hes got more class than that....

greg63
03-09-2007, 07:29 AM

No doubt. :banghead:

Rain Man
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Well, if I'm an old QB coming off of a major concussion, the last place I want to wind up is Oakland.

Well maybe Houston, now that Jordan Black is there...

The sad thing about concussions is that maybe Trent can't make that connection any more.

Kerberos
03-09-2007, 08:12 AM
It will never happen..Green might be wash-up but hes got more class than that....

Better watch out cause Wutamess will be around shortly to flame you for thinking Trent is a Classy Guy when Trent could care less what you think. It really gets under his skin.

:rolleyes:

I also think Trent would retire before wearing Silver and Black. Then again if he makes a Brett Favre move and wants to keep playing it may be on a very short list of options.

:shrug:

Mile High Mania
03-09-2007, 08:16 AM

Money talks.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 08:31 AM
NFL Network just said that the Chiefs sent memos to all teams in the league - except the AFC West teams - granting permission to talk to Trent concerning a trade.

They said that if Green doesn't get traded and is cut, there's a good chance of him showing up in Oakland.
May as well trade him to oakland for something if we can't get jack from MIAMI.

keg in kc
03-09-2007, 08:33 AM
He'd be dead to me. A player wants to leave, fine, but when he goes to a division rival...f*ck 'im.

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Money talks.

yes it does,
unfortunately mine always says "see ya later, sucker"

Kerberos
03-09-2007, 08:36 AM
yes it does,

Admitting you have a problem is the first step! :thumb:

Giving ME all of you money for safe keeping is the Second! :evil:

InChiefsHell
03-09-2007, 08:37 AM
This would suck beyond all measure of suckiness if it happened. Trent would look like absolute shit in Silver and Black. Besides, I can't imagine why anyone like Trent would want to play for an assclown like Al Davis.

Retire Trent. Go do the TV thing, or open a car dealership or something...but DON'T go to the Raiders. We will have to kill you next season. Nobody wants that. Retire.

InChiefsHell
03-09-2007, 08:38 AM
yes it does,

Mine usually laughs hysterically at me before disapearing like the Chiefs SB hopes... :shake:

Bwana
03-09-2007, 08:40 AM
He'd be dead to me. A player wants to leave, fine, but when he goes to a division rival...f*ck 'im.

Bingo, that or a Donk. If this happens can we expect meme to start stalking him and create a Green/Raider web page resulting in a new member called KCGreenStalker? Stay tuned!!

CosmicPal
03-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Money talks.

Yep...Mine are always asking me, "How come there's always just a few of us?"

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Admitting you have a problem is the first step! :thumb:

Giving ME all of you money for safe keeping is the Second! :evil:

You'd be sadly disappointed at the amount.

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Mine usually laughs hysterically at me before disapearing like the Chiefs SB hopes... :shake:

mine disappears faster than the Chiefs SB hopes, In my financial world, the chiefs won the superbowl and got the first overall pick....

Chiefnj
03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Am I the only one who wants Trent in black and silver? It would be something to look forward to instead of the mundane Raider ass kicking that has occurred the last 4 years. Does Trent still have it? Did Herm and Carl make the right decision? It would add to the entertainment value of what I perceive will be a long year for the Chiefs.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Am I the only one who wants Trent in black and silver? It would be something to look forward to instead of the mundane Raider ass kicking that has occurred the last 4 years. Does Trent still have it? Did Herm and Carl make the right decision? It would add to the entertainment value of what I perceive will be a long year for the Chiefs.
Yes, you are the only one.

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Yes, you are the only one.

no he's not, I'd take it. Green is a good guy, hate to see him leave, but seeing him in black and silver would be an incentive to watch the Raider game. I'm glad we've been beating them regulary, but I'm from the "even fight" frame of mind. Recently the games haven't been even fights. But if he does end up a faider, I hope it's from a trade and not because we couldn't trade him anywhere else and cut him.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 09:07 AM
no he's not, I'd take it. Green is a good guy, hate to see him leave, but seeing him in black and silver would be an incentive to watch the Raider game. I'm glad we've been beating them regulary, but I'm from the "even fight" frame of mind. Recently the games haven't been even fights. But if he does end up a faider, I hope it's from a trade and not because we couldn't trade him anywhere else and cut him.
we can't afford to "split" with that team, sorry, id rather see Trent elsewhere, i don't care, i like my team to have a team they can beat up on, esp the raiders!

Chiefnj
03-09-2007, 09:09 AM
we can't afford to "split" with that team, sorry, id rather see Trent elsewhere, i don't care, i like my team to have a team they can beat up on, esp the raiders!

Do you think Herm and Carl are making a mistake and should pay Trent to stay in KC?

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Do you think Herm and Carl are making a mistake and should pay Trent to stay in KC?
If he can re-structure why not? I would rather trade him for something though, even if it's to the fade. Hopefully the Dolphins will take him off our hands. I wish trent the best in what he does, it was hard to watch last year and he def. isn't the starter anymore, so what incentive should he have to stay, besides his great loyalty to the team.

unothadeal
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
I traded Trent to Oakland for a 1st in madden

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
If he can re-structure why not? I would rather trade him for something though, even if it's to the fade. Hopefully the Dolphins will take him off our hands. I wish trent the best in what he does, it was hard to watch last year and he def. isn't the starter anymore, so what incentive should he have to stay, besides his great loyalty to the team.

This is exactly what I just said, pick a side and stay there, fence hopper.

:p

Sure-Oz
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
This is exactly what I just said, pick a side and stay there, fence hopper.

:p
Like i said, id rather have him not go there and then light us up and make the game more "competative". But if its the end all be all then hopefully we get a pick.

jlscorpio
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Trent, don't go out like Gannon did: caved in chest at the hands of a blitzing Chiefs LB on national TV...

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Like i said, id rather have him not go there and then light us up and make the game more "competative". But if its the end all be all then hopefully we get a pick.

I get you now, but that is what I was saying too.

If I had my rathers, we would be shopping Huard right now, signing bonus be damned, and keeping green to compete with Brodie for the start (at a restructured price)

But since that's not happening, I want what is best for Trent Green, he's earned that from this fan. I don't disagree with carls letter to all but the AFC west, because first trade choice should be out of our division, smart GM move.

BUT

The article says if no one trades for him and we cut him, he could wind up in Oakland anyway, so if the shopping spree doesn't seem to be pannning out, I'd give Al a call and see what he has to offer, but if CP waits too long, Al will know we have no shoppers. Rock and a Hard place, but again if he were to go, I hope we get something for him, and the plus for us Green fans are we see him twice and get some good sportsmanship between old rivals.

I can enjoy watching close ones that we win more than total smack downs. Although the way our O was running last year, the two were pretty close.....

kc rush
03-09-2007, 10:09 AM

Sounds like wild speculation to me. Just because a team doesn't want to trade for Green doesn't mean that he won't be in demand if cut. So it wouldn't be a situation where Oakland would be his only option.

Why would Trent want to go to Oakland? Has anyone heard him or his agent say they have an interest?

CosmicPal
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't it be better just to trade Trent for a 6th round pick then to cut him?

Honestly, a 6th round pick is better than nothing at all? Particularly since that seems to be where we draft pretty well.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-09-2007, 10:26 AM
He could join T-Rich in Vikeland

King_Chief_Fan
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Trent, don't go out like Gannon did: caved in chest at the hands of a blitzing Chiefs LB on national TV...

yup, once you become the enemy, your head gets skewered on a stick.
Green, just say no to Oakland.

King_Chief_Fan
03-09-2007, 10:33 AM

why? He will get his dick knocked in the dirt pretty hard playing behind the Faider O line. You saw how a hacked up O line got the creamed cheese knocked out of him didn't you? Oakland will get him killed. We don't want that. However, should he sign with them. Chiefs need to bash him good.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Trent is old. He took a beating last year. If he goes to Oakland he's gonna get killed and everyone knows it. The only way Mr. Green ends up there is if it's the only job available to him. He'll find another job, he's got 1 good season left in him.