PDA

View Full Version : Get a Receiver!

Chief Fanatic
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
This free agency is absolutely killing me this year. Does anyone have any ideas why we have not looked hard at getting a receiver, specifically, Moss or Porter. I know all about Moss and his attitude, but maybe Herm could help out that problem, plus take away the fact that he wouldn't be out in Oakland anymore, he'd be a lot happier right? A big time receiver would immediately make us a top five offense again. Moss stretching the field, Tony G. down the middle, and Kennison as a solid number 2. Moss could fit in here, I mean somehow I think he can't be worse than L.J. But, those two together I guess could be a whole other problem!

crazycoffey
03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I'd go for porter, not moss, and also not for two first round picks, like Al was asking last year.

Mr. Plow
03-09-2007, 02:33 PM
A big time receiver would immediately make us a top five offense again.

Not gonna happen with Herm in town.

noa
03-09-2007, 02:34 PM
We're not going to make any trades with Oakland, and I don't think we were too enthused about the free agent WR group this year, so I think we're going to address it in the draft.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2007, 02:35 PM

Bingo, you dont win games by trying to outscore your opponent, especially on the road.

You run the ball and control the clock....

The day's of scoring TD's in bunches are long gone.

Woodrow Call
Never happen nor do I want it to.

Draft one, we don't need another team's cancers.

Mile High Mania
If I were KC... Stallworth and Curtis would have been my targets.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Never happen nor do I want it to.

Draft one, we don't need another team's cancers.

It sorta worked previously for ya... :p

dirk digler
03-09-2007, 02:36 PM

you're hired

CupidStunt
03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
A "big time receiver" (which is no sure thing in the draft) won't make us anything instantly.

TRR
03-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I think KC needs to pull out a DT and a WR before the draft. Stallworth would be a big help. He definitely fits the bill because he is young, and can turn short plays into big ones. I wouldn't even mind if they got Eric Moulds for cheap.

Mr. Plow
03-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Bingo, you dont win games by trying to outscore your opponent, especially on the road.

You run the ball and control the clock....

Field goals are what you are looking for.

Ya. That's it. Field goals.

Oh, and field position because of good punting.

So that's field goals and good punting.

Chief Fanatic
03-09-2007, 02:41 PM
The last time we ever drafted a receiver that actually made a difference was Gonzalez, so that being said is sad, since he is a TE. Any receiver that's gonna make a difference will be gone before we pick.

Woodrow Call
03-09-2007, 02:41 PM

So are the days of giving up TD's in bunches.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Herm's VERY FIRST draft pick with the New York Jets was Santana Moss.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
So are the days of giving up TD's in bunches.

One extreme to the other.

Maybe just maybe someday KC will field a balanced team.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2007, 03:55 PM
why look at a WR when we don't even have a starting DT on the roster right now?

why look at a WR when we are a run oriented offense and any receiver is going to be used sparingly.

why look at a WR when so many free agents are going for 50% more than normal this year?

why look at a veteran WR when the rest of the team isn't ready anyway?

Brock
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I'd like to see Stallworth here, but he's just looking for teams to drive up his demands to New England.

Simply Red
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
why look at a WR when we don't even have a starting DT on the roster right now?

why look at a WR when we are a run oriented offense and any receiver is going to be used sparingly.

why look at a WR when so many free agents are going for 50% more than normal this year?

why look at a veteran WR when the rest of the team isn't ready anyway?

wow.

Repworthiness!

Adept Havelock
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
That would be because Moss and Porter are talented, but useless headcases.

Frankie
03-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I know all about Moss and his attitude, but maybe Herm could help out that problem,...
I totally agree. If Parcels could tame TO, Herm will have no trouble taming Moss.... Hey,... wait a minue!!

Frankie
03-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Weren't we looking at Curtis? What happened?

Mr. Plow
03-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Try to keep up man.

Woodrow Call
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Quick question for any of the "Blame Herm for the Offense" crowd.

What type of offensive production do expect from an offense that has no Oline, no QB, and no WRs?

OnTheWarpath58
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM

What type of offensive production do expect from an offense that has no Oline, no QB, and no WRs?

Jarrett, Meacham, Ginn or Bowe will solve all of our problems.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Plow
03-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Apparently a pretty conservative one. Since when have we "needed" a great WR? These guys seemed to do fine with DV.

Brock
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Apparently a pretty conservative one. Since when have we "needed" a great WR? These guys seemed to do fine with DV.

Since we "had" a great offensive line.

Baby Lee
03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
The likes of Kelly Holcombe, Clinton Portis, Onterrio Smith, Brian Griese and Billy Volek will be crushed.

Frankie
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Weren't we looking at Curtis? What happened?
No, really!

Woodrow Call
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM

We had a top 5 QB and the best oline in the NFL if not one the best NFL history. Herm had neither one of those things.

Herm is more conservative than DV/AS but last year was a result of age, injury, and retirement. I can't blame Herm for those factors.

Reerun_KC
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I can't blame Herm for those factors.

No we just blame him for impresonating a head coach and breathing fresh air.

the Talking Can
03-09-2007, 06:14 PM
yeah, Moss would love playing with Huard and Croyle....brilliant

CosmicPal
03-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Receivers are over-rated. What we need are some better looking cheerleaders. That alone, will get us to the championship.

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM

Thig Lyfe
03-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Moss is going to the Packers.

Direckshun
03-09-2007, 06:48 PM
We don't need great receivers in the Herm Edwards scheme.

But we do need better ones than Kennison/Parker.

I'm hoping for the emergence of Jeff Webb, a great draft pick like Dwayne Bowe, and a free agent signing of a good supporting receiver.

Woodrow Call
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
No we just blame him for impresonating a head coach and breathing fresh air.

ROFL You never disappoint.

the Talking Can
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM

yes, his first trade too....

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
yes, his first trade too....

Who did they trade him for? :hmmm:

the Talking Can
03-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Who did they trade him for? :hmmm:

Coles?

or did they let him walk in FA?

I forget...

didn't they do a Coles/Moss swap with DC

htismaqe
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Coles?

or did they let him walk in FA?

I forget...

didn't they do a Coles/Moss swap with DC

They traded him for Coles.

Kinda blows a hole in all the bitching in this thread...

Herm drafted Moss and Cotchery and traded for Coles. The 3 of them individually are better than ALL of the WR's DV drafted and signed here COMBINED.

milkman
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
This free agency is absolutely killing me this year. Does anyone have any ideas why we have not looked hard at getting a receiver, specifically, Moss or Porter. I know all about Moss and his attitude, but maybe Herm could help out that problem, plus take away the fact that he wouldn't be out in Oakland anymore, he'd be a lot happier right? A big time receiver would immediately make us a top five offense again. Moss stretching the field, Tony G. down the middle, and Kennison as a solid number 2. Moss could fit in here, I mean somehow I think he can't be worse than L.J. But, those two together I guess could be a whole other problem!

Congratulations.

This is the most idiotic idea, and worst post this offseason.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2007, 10:51 PM

yea... cause all the players on the offensive just suddenly turned to complete crap at the precise time the Edwards showed up.

holy super-duper coincidence, Batman!!

how much you wanna bet we play the "offensive line isn't good enough" card during Herman Edwards entire tenure?

Chiefs=Good
03-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Why is it that everyone is stupid enough to think that there are teams out there that consitantly win with a score line in the 30's with there apponents only posting up to like 10 points, its not possible. you cant have a dominant defense aswell as an offense that scores everytime that it touches the ball, and as quickly as possible with their opponents still only scoring once cause thats pretty much the only way i think all of you would be happy. :)

thurman merman
03-09-2007, 11:47 PM
you're hired

i second that motion.

Woodrow Call
03-10-2007, 12:08 AM
yea... cause all the players on the offensive just suddenly turned to complete crap at the precise time the Edwards showed up.

Basically that is what happened. The Chiefs had 4 differenent tackles that all needed help in pass protection which limited the passing game. The tackles also stuggled blocking the outside runs. They have a center that gets overpowered by most DTs in the league, and a guard that is half the player he was.

Combine that with losing Green for most of the year and I would say that is recipe for a major slip in offensive production.

how much you wanna bet we play the "offensive line isn't good enough" card during Herman Edwards entire tenure?

If by year 3 the offense is still performing like it did in 2006 I will bash along with everyone else.

KCChiefsFan88
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Herm is trying to create the worst passing game in modern NFL history next season.

Guru
03-10-2007, 12:13 AM
And here I thought your post was going to be about Audio electronics.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Stallworth would be my pick, but I think the Chiefs are going to draft one in the first round and throw him out there this season to be their starter, similar with what they did with Hali last year, but on the defensive side.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
And I kind of think the Chiefs won't touch Stallworth do to his agents, the Rosenhaus brothers. All of those egos don't really mesh. They could, but Carl wouldn't put aside his ego for the team.

shrek6849
03-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Your front office is more worried about selling tickets, not winning games.

htismaqe
03-10-2007, 01:05 AM

I find it interesting that you've already decided we're going to HAVE to after only 16 games.

Of course, I for one was shocked that our 36-year old LT retired, our 35-year old RG declined, our 37-year old QB missed most of the season, and our 34-year old FB got let go. Weren't you?

Demonpenz
03-10-2007, 02:06 AM
you build teams from the line then move out. the game is won in the trenches. That being said if calvin johnson is on the board take him. The dude is going to be the best wide reciever ever.

Eric
03-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I HATE WRS. There is something about that position that that turns a football player into a softy.

Sammy Parker comes to mind with his big damn ear rings.

JUST LIKE TO.

KCChiefsFan88
03-11-2007, 01:18 AM
you build teams from the line then move out. the game is won in the trenches. That being said if calvin johnson is on the board take him. The dude is going to be the best wide reciever ever.

Tell that to the Super Bowl Champion Colts who have two highly-paid, Pro Bowl-caliber WRs.

Trying to get by with the likes of Lake Dawson, Larry Parker, Snoop Minnis, Samie Parker, etc can only get you so far