PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Pickem Contest

Dartgod
03-12-2001, 09:22 PM
I have created a NCAA Bracket Pickem Group at Yahoo! Anyone interested in matching their prognosticating skills against other BB members should go to this URL:
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men/

After signing up with Yahoo!, you can then have the option to join a private group. Here is the group number and password for the group I created:

Group ID #: 19984
Password: arrowhead

Phobia
03-12-2001, 09:24 PM
Dude,

Several of us are already in one. Posted by Otter:

If any of you guys want to get into the NCAA Bracket Challenge on CNNSI.COM go to the following address:

http://hoopschallenge.si.cnn.com/cnnsi_madness/pub-doc/home.jsp

Create a login and choose:

1. Join Private Group
2. Group name "uberstuds" - thanks Gaz
3. Password: "nofatchicks" - yes I'm immature for my age

RJ
03-12-2001, 11:32 PM
Well, I get a message that says I joined in, but my name doesn't show up. If it's not there tomorrow, I'll try again.

Go Terps!!.....and....
Just say no to Martz!!

redhed
03-12-2001, 11:57 PM
I'm in! (The CNNSI one.) I'll do t'other'n too.
I love tourney time!!!

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2001, 12:06 AM
So far, on the Yahoo group it says my ranking is 4 of 24.
What about everyone else?

My rank on the cnnsi group says 4438. Ouch.

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 12:14 AM
Not giving me a ranking for the group yet, got 13 games right today (2 of the 3 I missed will count against me in the next round though for 6 points, ouch...).

I tried for over two hours this morning to send in my picks for cnnsi but couldn't ever get the picks to go through, so I got left out of that one...

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2001, 12:17 AM
Keg. I just click on the link in this thread and it comes right up for me, and gives the rank. Is that what you are doing?

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 12:20 AM
Says I'm 24/24 and unranked worldwide...

I'm off to bed, it'll sort itself out by morning. ;)

(Not that it matters, I had a good day (13/16) which means tomorrow will be an unmitigated disaster. I am the living embodiment of Murphy's Law.)

ChiefsFanatic
03-16-2001, 12:22 AM
Maybe that ranking is just the order in which we signed up.

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 12:28 AM
I clicked on the "scenario generator" link - says I'm in first place.

First time for everything I guess...

Won't stay that way though: I picked Missouri to upset Duke just because I hate Duke so much I refuse to pick them.

Ever.

Ohio State and Indiana screwed me today, I missed those two plus the Iowa State game. I got the other 4 upsets though...

I should just stop now and not even look at my bracket the rest of the way, heheh. ;)

Oh well, best of luck tomorrow.

RJ
03-16-2001, 08:38 PM
I picked every one of the upsets.....between 6 different pools. Now if I can just figure out how to get them all on one next year. Out of 680,000 entrants to ESPN, there is now officially no one left with a perfect bracket. The last guy fell when Fla. beat W.Kentucky. He then lost on the Ind.St. game as well and is now in 2nd place overall.

I think you'd have a better chance of picking it perfect if you knew nothing about the game and made random selections. Logic wouldn't get in the way. If not a better chance, at least no worse.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-19-2001, 04:06 PM
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top for the "uberstuds". Course, this bit of huberis will probably cost me big time next Thursday. :)

Raiderhader
03-19-2001, 05:43 PM
Whoooaaa! I am in second place in the uberstuds group. How on earth did that happen? I haven't kept up with college BB hardly at all this year, so I was going mainly off of my gut on these picks. Maybe I should follow my gut more often.