PDA

View Full Version : Huepel


bishop_74
03-14-2001, 03:48 PM
I think he would be a great QBOTF. Great leadership abilities, quick read, quick pass. Not quite an Elway or Grbac, but a great QB in his own rights.

Lightning Rod
03-14-2001, 04:05 PM
Kinda a Montanna Style. Does not have the big arm but nice touch and good head for the game. Projected 3rd rounder. Would be a smart pick then. Do we have a 3rd round pick????

oleman47
03-14-2001, 04:06 PM
I think he is the sleeper of the draft if he gets into the right system. He could come along quickly in the Chiefs new offense and is very prepared mentally to survive in a passing offense. There must be some interest for the whole group to go to OU today.

morphius
03-14-2001, 04:13 PM
RCG - Currently we have two thirds, at least that is how I remember it.

ChiefsFanatic
03-14-2001, 04:23 PM
I think he would be a waste of a draft pick. I saw OU play 8 times this year, I could not believe they werew winning with him at QB.

I think just because his team was winning, he was getting a lot of hype. That should be his name: Josh Hypel.

Lightning Rod
03-14-2001, 04:27 PM
I would pretty happy to have the Chiefs pick up a quality HB in round one and Huepel in round three. Throw them in and let em sink or swim. We could pick up a veteran QB cheap and let him fight it out with Collins as the back up. There is always a Billy Joe or Randall looking for a job.

Clint in Wichita
03-14-2001, 06:39 PM
KC would have to install an Oakland-type offense to accomodate Heupel IMO. His arm is too weak for my liking...even weaker than Gannon's IMO.

ChiefsFanatic
03-14-2001, 06:49 PM
Clint, I think my arm is stronger than Hypel's. I think Sammy Baugh's arm is stronger. I can't believe that anyone would want to waste a pick on him. Except maybe Oakland. He fits their system, and they are the team that spent a first round pick on Janikowski.

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Clint in Wichita
KC would have to install an Oakland-type offense to accomodate Heupel IMO. His arm is too weak for my liking...even weaker than Gannon's IMO.



Rams implement the almost the exact same offense, Warner and Green have average arm strength but what sets them apart is excellent decision making capabilities.

Clint in Wichita
03-14-2001, 07:04 PM
Warner and Green can both air it out very well...they've done a lot of it the last 2 seasons, but then again they've thrown a lot of EVERY kind of pass.

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2001, 07:10 PM
Yes, the can get the ball to the WR at 5-25 yards just like Huepal.

Clint in Wichita
03-14-2001, 08:08 PM
They can also air out 50-60 yard bombs in stride on a regular basis, unlike Heupel.

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Clint in Wichita
They can also air out 50-60 yard bombs in stride on a regular basis, unlike Heupel.


On the average Warner and Green hit the WR's in the 5-25 yard range,then it's the yards after the catch..

Cannibal
03-14-2001, 08:32 PM
First Heupel needs to finish puberty before he even thinks about the NFL.

There are some guys that look halfway normal that are just weak. This "guy" is even weaker than he looks.


The dude throws like a broad.

I'd really like to know how many times he put up 225.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2001, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal
First Heupel needs to finish puberty before he even thinks about the NFL.

There are some guys that look halfway normal that are just weak. This "guy" is even weaker than he looks.


The dude throws like a broad.

I'd really like to know how many times he put up 225.

Heupal will surprise people, he's this year's Brian Griese.

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2001, 04:11 PM
Huepel will SUCK as an NFL QB. Small (215 lbs) and weak armed. He'll be lucky to be a Koy Detmer, let alone a Joe Montana! Give me a break! Anyone remember David Klingler, Dan McGwire, Tommy Maddox, John Walsh or Rick Mirer? Huepel will be lucky to be as successful as those losers.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by DaneMcCloud
Huepel will SUCK as an NFL QB. Small (215 lbs) and weak armed. He'll be lucky to be a Koy Detmer, let alone a Joe Montana! Give me a break! Anyone remember David Klingler, Dan McGwire, Tommy Maddox, John Walsh or Rick Mirer? Huepel will be lucky to be as successful as those losers.

From a guy who grilled anyone that said Grbac is leaving the Chiefs