PDA

View Full Version : KU who is coming back?

chappy
03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
has anyone said anything?

Bearcat
03-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Wright said he was coming back after the SIU game... Rush has always said he wouldn't make the same mistakes as his brothers and wanted to stick around for mom.

sedated
03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Wright said he was coming back after the SIU game... Rush has always said he wouldn't make the same mistakes as his brothers and wanted to stick around for mom.

sounded on the news last night like Rush was gone.

he was on the fence last year and his brother (Jaron) talked him into going back for "1 more year" (then paused and said quietly "maybe 2")

Self and Robinson both said they would be "shocked" if everyone returned.

Chalmers said everyone was coming back, "no one wants to go out like this," unfinished business and such.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 10:25 AM
everyone ......

except if i'm Sasha Kaun then i'm looking to transfer. If Bill Self won't play me in the 2nd half of a game even when i'm productive then there is no point in playing for him at all.

he's smart ... maybe he'll graduate then transfer without having to sit out a year. He should go to a team that can actually develop a big man.

not to mention a coach who knows how to get a big man involved in the offense.

chappy
03-26-2007, 10:33 AM
WHERE DO YOU HEAR THESE PRESS CONFERENCES?

Braincase
03-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I'd expect everyone except maybe Brandon.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I hope Klienmann stays.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I hope Klienmann stays.
go Opie!!!

http://media.lawrence.com/img/sports/basketball_athletes/kleinnemann.jpg http://www.findingrhythm.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/otaylor2004.jpg

Bearcat
03-26-2007, 11:18 AM
sounded on the news last night like Rush was gone.

Guess I shouldn't have said "has always said"... it's stuff I've heard over the last couple of years, but hadn't heard anything recently.

That sucks.... I think he's the only one that could go. I just couldn't imagine anyone else deciding to leave after watching themselves handle the ball like SIU & UCLA.

he's smart ... maybe he'll graduate then transfer without having to sit out a year. He should go to a team that can actually develop a big man.

In a Jim Rome interview with Lon Kruger, I thought they said they got rid of that rule a couple of months after Kruger's kid went to UNLV :hmmm:

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-26-2007, 11:20 AM
go Opie!!!

http://media.lawrence.com/img/sports/basketball_athletes/kleinnemann.jpg http://www.findingrhythm.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/otaylor2004.jpg
Keep f'ing doubting Matt Klienmann!

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 11:22 AM
In a Jim Rome interview with Lon Kruger, I thought they said they got rid of that rule a couple of months after Kruger's kid went to UNLV :hmmm:
my bad, i didn't know they got rid of it :shrug:

why did they get rid of it ... isn't graduation the main idea?

TrickyNicky
03-26-2007, 11:32 AM
So if Rush leaves, that means Morningstar will be getting more playing time. Lets see what he's got.

CoMoChief
03-26-2007, 11:33 AM
everyone ......

except if i'm Sasha Kaun then i'm looking to transfer. If Bill Self won't play me in the 2nd half of a game even when i'm productive then there is no point in playing for him at all.

Now youre learning.

Hound333
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM

They got rid of it because people were using it for the wrong reasons. I think originally they were thinking of players that had graduated but wanted to get a masters in something other than what their current school offered. These kids were to be allowed to get a masters at another school and still play out their college basketball careers.

What really happened is that people who graduate early could become free-agents and move to any school they wanted. NCAA didn't want to open the floodgates on this.

Honestly I think if they put a provision in there that the master's degree you are seeking is not offered at your current school then the rule could be used correctly (still able to abuse it but would make it a little harder) If you transfered and started a masters program that your previous school offered they should have to sit out the year.

eazyb81
03-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Once Wright sees his expected draft position, i'm sure he'll jump. He is definitely a top 10 pick, possibly a top 5, for this June's draft.

Rush is definitely gone, it's obvious he is ready to go pro.

IMO, the wildcard is Arthur.

Never listen to what the guys say during the season or shortly after the season ends. There is too much emotion involved and they haven't had time to logically view the situation and get swayed by the agents promising them millions.

crazycoffey
03-26-2007, 12:06 PM
only the coach is coming back, and even that's a toss up....

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Once Wright sees his expected draft position, i'm sure he'll jump. He is definitely a top 10 pick, possibly a top 5, for this June's draft.

Rush is definitely gone, it's obvious he is ready to go pro.

IMO, the wildcard is Arthur.

Never listen to what the guys say during the season or shortly after the season ends. There is too much emotion involved and they haven't had time to logically view the situation and get swayed by the agents promising them millions.
i don't know about that

Julian Wright can't handle the ball well enough to be a 3 ..... and isn't strong enough yet to be a 4.

i suppose he could be a 4 that plays away from the basket, but he doesn't shoot the ball well enough for that.

Wright will be good in the NBA .... i really believe that. But i think he has to develop his shot or add some muscle first.

eazyb81
03-26-2007, 12:14 PM
i don't know about that

Julian Wright can't handle the ball well enough to be a 3 ..... and isn't strong enough yet to be a 4.

i suppose he could be a 4 that plays away from the basket, but he doesn't shoot the ball well enough for that.

Wright will be good in the NBA .... i really believe that. But i think he has to develop his shot or add some muscle first.

NBA drafts on potential - if you pay attention to mock draft sites, Wright is always a top 10 pick and usually a top 5 guy. He hasn't fully developed under Self, but his athleticism is undeniable and that is what NBA execs drool over.

Pitt Gorilla
03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Arthur will be a great pro player.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 12:18 PM
NBA drafts on potential - if you pay attention to mock draft sites, Wright is always a top 10 pick and usually a top 5 guy. He hasn't fully developed under Self, but his athleticism is undeniable and that is what NBA execs drool over.
wright definately has tons of potiential

so do Rush,Arthur,Collins and even Kaun

heck even Jackson has potential if his back gets better ... he's a natural power forward in the NBA.

Hawks are packed with potential

KCFalcon59
03-26-2007, 01:22 PM
go Opie!!!

Opie Cunningham!!!!

leviw
03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
i don't know about that

If Rush goes (likely at this point, I'd say) then Wright will probably play the 3 next year. That's what he'll have to play in the NBA.

Next year:
PG- Robinson (or Collins)
SG- Chalmers
SF- Wright
PF- Arthur
PF- Kaun (or Jackson)

Saulbadguy
03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Noone. They are all leaving.

leviw
03-26-2007, 01:34 PM

The rule is after graduating from school 'x' you can got to school 'y' and begin graduate school, and play one year without sitting out, because it's not transferring.

Mecca
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Wright will have some serious questions after that UCLA game........Rush is the most ready and the most "NBA looking" guy on the KU team.

A guy like Collins should be staying 4 years guards under 6' aren't prevalent are exactly dominant in the NBA.

Toto
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
The GREEN Room @ KU Sports.com
Three magic letters

By Ryan Greene
March 26, 2007 | 12 comments

As the world of KU sports turns, sometimes it can be tough to keep up. That’s where KUSports.com editor Ryan Greene comes in. Each week in The Greene Room, Ryan will refresh you on some things that have happened and some things that could come down the road in the Jayhawk Nation.

Let us play a little game, taking a ride in the not-too-far-down-the-road machine.

Basketball season is over, and no matter how badly some of you want to be pinched and have it be Saturday morning all over again, it’s not going to happen. The reality is that for four KU players, the next couple of weeks hold some big decisions — a life-changing choice that will decide whether now’s the time to play for pay.

Sophomores Mario Chalmers and Brandon Rush and freshmen Sherron Collins and Darrell Arthur are those four. Their situations vary, and some choices are more concrete than others. That’s why it’s time to take a look at what they should do: Stay, Go or Sway.

Mario Chalmers, 6-foot-1 195 pound sophomore guard
2006-07 Final stats: 12.2 ppg, 3.3 apg, 3.0 rpg, 2.6 spg, 91 TO
Moment to remember: Hit the game-tying three at the end of regulation against Texas in the Big 12 title game, which KU eventually won in overtime. A week earlier, he went 5-of-5 from three-point range and scored 21 points and had five assists in the first of two comeback wins over the Longhorns.
Moment to forget: In the first of KU’s two conference losses, Chalmers had a very pedestrian game against Texas Tech, despite being on the floor for 34 minutes. He only got off just six shots, finished with five points and fouled out. He only picked up five fouls three times all year. Saturday against UCLA also ranks up there, going 1-of-8 from the field. While he had seven assists, he turned it over just as many times.
The Greene Room verdict: Sway
What'll actually happen: He'll be back.
Chalmers said right after KU’s loss Saturday that he will be back next year. I for one will say I was surprised to hear that from Chalmers. A couple of days earlier, I said he’d be a fool for not at least testing the waters of the NBA Draft without signing with an agent. Athletically, Chalmers is NBA ready. He could use a little more strength, and he still has a tendency to have one bad decision on the floor snowball into a series of them. Plus, it might be hard to be a starter in the NBA as a two-guard given his height. Off the bench? Maybe. But to be a big-time NBA player, his ability to run an offense might need some work.

But what he does bring right now is undeniable. Chalmers was second on the team with 59 three-pointers, and was as offensively valuable as anyone in a KU uniform. When he had solid offensive games this year, the Jayhawks succeeded, and there was no denying that.

Defensively, he’s an absolute pest. No player on KU’s roster was better at freeing the ball up from an opponent behind the top of the key, and he led KU ins steals by a margin of 24. He could not only bring that to an NBA team right now off the bench, but he could also shoot the lights out in an NBA game.

Plus, he has the ultimate intangible — swagger. Chalmers loves to please the crowd in the open court following a steal by throwing down seemingly-improbable dunks from a guy who’s just 6-foot-1, and he’s a constant chest-thumper, fist-pumper and yeller, no matter how soft-spoken he is off the court.

Of course, this is pretty moot, given he already said he’s coming back, but it’d be very interesting what kind of buzz he could create at an NBA Draft camp right now. Instead, he’ll come back, add on some bulk, and next year, don’t expect such a quick decision.

Sherron Collins, 5-foot-11 200 pound freshman guard
2006-07 Final stats: 22.3 mpg, 9.3 ppg (11.3 ppg in Big 12 play), 2.9 apg
Moment to remember: Even though KU lost the game, the moment I thought Sherron Collins truly arrived this season was in a Feb. 3 loss to Texas A&M. That night, Collins took the team on his back offensively, finishing with 18 points and hitting three huge treys. He was also great at Kansas State and at home against Missouri, but against A&M he proved he could hang with the big boys.
Moment to forget: Collins’ scoring average in conference play would have held up a little higher had he not gone scoreless in the final two games of the regular season. In the win over Texas, he was solid even though he didn’t register a point. But against Oklahoma, a game which KU escaped with a 67-65 win, Collins had an unproductive 33 minutes, going 0-for-5 from the field, with just two assists to go with two giveaways.
The Greene Room verdict: Stay
What'll actually happen: He ain't goin' anywhere.
The biggest mistake of Collins’ life would be leaving. And to be honest, it shouldn’t even be an option. Though he left some scratching their heads in the locker room following Saturday’s loss to UCLA.

“A couple changes might happen, a couple changes might be made,” he said when asked what the roster might look like next year. “But I don’t know what’s going to happen with me, I can’t look forward right now. I don’t know. Hard question to answer right now. So I don’t know.”

Chances are he wasn’t referring to leaving. He was more than likely talking about a knee problem which Bill Self said after the game had bothered him for the past couple of weeks.

That right there is the main reason he should stay. This season left Collins banged up in a couple of ways, and if that’s the case after a 38-game, four-month slate, imagine the toll an 82-game schedule running from October through April could take. No one’s doubting that the kid is a physical specimen at just 5-foot-11 and is as tough as a pit bull. But he needs to mature in terms of conditioning.

What Collins did to lose weight and cut fast food faves out of his diet was impressive, and it visibly helped him on the floor. Plus, his decision-making improvements made him go from looking like an And One all-star to a solid collegiate dynamo. Now he needs to prove that he can do that for an entire season, not just half of one.

Plus, if former Illinois stud Dee Brown, also recruited and coached by Bill Self, was a second-round pick after four years with everything he accomplished, there’s no way Collins could do any better after one season, even if Collins is a better shooter and playmaker.

Darrell Arthur, 6-foot-9 230 pound freshman forward
2006-07 Final stats: 19.0 mpg, 9.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, team-high 56 blocks, team-high 103 personal fouls
Moment to remember: Some people wondered how inflated Arthur’s early-season numbers were given KU’s competition (such as 26 points against Towson). But he made it all look legit with 19 points and nine rebounds in an 82-80 overtime win over Florida on Nov. 25. Most impressive in that game was his 7-of-9 showing from the free throw line, most of which came in the game’s crucial closing minutes.
Moment to forget: Just like Collins, Arthur was at his worst in the win at Oklahoma. He not only went scoreless there for the only time this season, but it was also his lone zero in the rebounding category. He had three fouls in just six minutes on the floor.
The Greene Room verdict: Sway
What'll actually happen: He'll be back, but it might involve drama such as that of his college decision last summer.
Arthur was averaging just a shade over 15 points per game in the first eight games of the season and was undeniably KU’s best player at that point.

But scoring roughly 10 points per game on a team as deep and balanced as Kansas says something. Plus, his physical ability is incredible. At 6-foot-9 with a chiseled frame, he’s the prototype for what the new generation of NBA forwards are. Offensive finesse isn’t important, but rather the ability to run the floor and play above the rim.

For the first month or two of the season, Arthur looked like a for-sure one-and-done, but the likelihood of that to many drizzled away as the year progressed. There’s reasons, too. He could still use a little more strength with the muscle he has. He also needs to become a better post passer. He had just 17 assists all season, and had a tendency to force things offense, despite his sensational touch inside of eight feet. He could also benefit from being a tougher rebounder. The foul trouble is tough to pick on him for. He was the victim of plenty of touchy calls, especially late in the year.

Though Arthur is the type who could break out at any time. He could go to an NBA Draft camp and blow people away. His measurables are there, and if he were to just have a solid showing on the floor, he’s a potential lottery pick. Shoot, if there was no rule in effect keeping high school players from entering the draft, he might have never come to KU.

Another reason to say ‘sway’ is that it’s hard to see much of a difference between him and Tyrus Thomas, who had a huge breakout showing in last year’s NCAA Tournament for LSU after not being that highly-touted out of high school. Even in his rookie season for the Chicago Bulls, Thomas is still offensively raw, but he has an incredibly high ceiling, just like Arthur, because of his size (6-foot-9, 206) and athletic ability. Oh yeah, and he was the fourth overall pick last year.

Arthur’s a good kid, and he doesn’t seem susceptible to biting on bad advice. He’ll do what’s best for him. If he does come back, he’s easily one of the nation’s top-five sophomores.

Brandon Rush, 6-6 210 pound sophomore forward
2006-07 Final stats: 13.8 ppg, 43.1 three-point FG percentage, second on team with 5.6 rpg
Moment to remember: KU was on the verge of losing on the road to Iowa State on Jan. 13, when the Cyclones’ Mike Taylor couldn’t miss even if he tried. Rush not only switched onto the shorter guard, shutting him down completely, but he bailed the Jayhawks out on offense to help them escape with a 68-64 overtime win.
Moment to forget: In KU’s second loss of the season, Dec. 2 at DePaul, Rush went just 1-of-7 from the field and finished with three points. He was exposed late by the Blue Demons’ Sammy Mejia. But from that point on, no one got the better of him.
The Greene Room verdict: Go
What'll actually happen: He's taken his final bow in Allen Fieldhouse.
Honestly, I believe this is the time to go for Rush. Could he play in an NBA game right now? Yes.

See, the thing that clouds the minds of too many people on the NBA Draft is where someone will be selected. Rush would have to wow some folks at draft camps and individual workouts to be a lottery pick. But right now, he’s a first-rounder. That means he gets taken somewhere, let’s say, in the 20-26 range. That means he’s going to a decent team, where he can learn from solid veterans and isn’t needed to resurrect a franchise, such as many lottery choices.

Even if Rush were to, say, slip to the second round, that means nothing. Two names which come to mind are Gilbert Arenas and Monta Ellis, both second round selections who are now NBA studs.

I’ve said it all along that no matter where he goes and no matter when he gets selected, Brandon Rush will have a long, successful NBA career, much like that of a Bruce Bowen, given his size and defensive abilities. Rush can be a scorer. He’ll never be a 20 ppg guy, but he can score 10 a night in the league. With his height, length and ability to slide his feet, he could probably guard four different NBA positions, which alone makes him desired.

The lone question I have with Rush in the NBA is his maturity. He’s a good guy, but he has a tendency to be a little bit silly. The thing with that, though, is it can be shaken out of him both in college and in the NBA. I, for one, think his decision is pretty cut-and-dry.

And a quick note to finish with...

I know Kansas fans love to whine and moan and complain about free throw woes, so here’s a couple of numbers to take with you into the offseason:

-In two games in San Jose, KU was a combined 15-of-30 from the stripe.

-Of the nine players in Kansas’ regular rotation (ending with Rodrick Stewart), the highest free throw percentage on the season individually belonged to Chalmers, who shot 77 percent. Second behind him was Sherron Collins, who was 76.6 percent from the line, but only had 64 attempts on the year. After that, the best mark belonged to Rush at 68.1.

See you next week.
Comments

You'll need a free KUsports.com user account (your LJWorld.com or lawrence.com account will also work).

Posted by TrueBlue92 (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 8:36 a.m. (Suggest removal)

So, are you saying there is no question with Julian Wright? He will be back next year even though he is projected to go very high if he leaves this year?

Posted by Jacobpaul81 (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 9:42 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Julian has sworn up and down he will be at Kansas for 3 years. He is only 34 credits shy of a diploma. No question he stays one more year.

Posted by genghis (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 10:01 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Rush has enough talent to be dominant, but he seemed to coast a lot of times. If he came back with an attitude, he could bump his NBA stock way, way up.

And what about Wright? He seems to have the best shot in the NBA draft right now, after Rush.

Posted by justanotherfan (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 10:08 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Julian has said that he will stay. I believe him. He said his mama wants him to stay. You can't disappoint mama. Plus he isn't consistent enough in terms of production. And he's a 3 in the league, so he needs to clean up his ballhandling and jumpshot.

In my mind the only KU player NBA ready right now is Rush, because he can defend his position and shoot with range, but even he would benefit from another year in college. The only fear I would have if I were him is the possibility of injury for a guy that has been pretty healthy so far. Still, another year would allow him to develop his ballhandling to the point that he could be a legitimate starting 2 in the league.

Chalmers is a PG at the next level. He hasn't shown consistent PG production. Same with Collins. They both need at least one more year (maybe two for Collins, to learn how to really run a team).

Arthur is still too dependent on his athleticism defensively and not enough on positioning. In college, that's ok, but in the league against the likes of Elton Brand, Zach Randolph, Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudemire, and others, that athleticism advantage disappears. He needs another year.

Sasha Kaun needs more offensive moves, but I still think he has an NBA career ahead of him. His size alone gives him a shot.

All that said, I can't blame either Rush or Wright if they go. The money is there. But I don't think it would be a bad decision to stay, either.

Posted by jhawklifer (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 10:38 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Chalmers: Not going. Needs to hone pg skills.
Collins: Not even a possibility.
Arthur: First of all, did not have breakout tourney like Tyrus Thomas did, getting to the final 4 and putting up digits in every game. Second, with the way he draws attention in the post, he has to improve his passing. Third, can't play post on-ball defense very well, although he is a great shot blocker and help defender. Seems to be wide and strong enough to play good post defense. Let's see it next year.
Rush: Could go, and maybe should, but why? Get an inusrance policy that would pay out 2 or 3 mil in case of injury and work on ball handling, leadership, and making his own shot. Plus, everyone comes back and we have the best team in KU history, potentially. But would there be chemistry issues?

Posted by hawkitup (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 11 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Julian is staying. He's said that from day one and has stuck by it. Everyone else should come back as well. Its just ridiculous if they leave. As far as Rush goes, wouldn't you think he would learn from his brother Kareem that nothing in the NBA is guaranteed. His brother was picked I think 21st in his draft class and now he's out of the NBA. Rush should stick around one more year and try and further develop his skills. I think he's got the potential to really stick around the NBA awhile if he is just patient. Of course, that is just the opinion of someone who isn't having millions of dollars flashed in his face so its easier said than done.

Posted by KU (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 11:10 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Supposing Rush goes........What are we going to do at the small forward position next year??

Julian, as much as he would like to think of himself in that role, doesn't have the handle or the defensive skills to be a three.

All our other guards are around 6 feet tall, except Stewart. I can't imagine him blowing up between now and November offensively. He might be able to defend the small forward position but he would be an offensive liability.

We haven't recruited anybody at that position. If you think about it, who has Self recruited at small forward in his 4 years at KU? Rush just landed in our lap.

Posted by oldalum (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 11:20 a.m. (Suggest removal)

Just think what a year of working with Danny Manning would do for Darrell.

Posted by KU (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 11:45 a.m. (Suggest removal)

You don't think our Bigs have been working with Danny already? Sure they have.

Posted by tdub (anonymous) on March 26, 2007 at 3:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I'm picturing a true 3-guard starting lineup if Rush leaves: Chalmers, Robinson, and Collins. Julian can provide some support at the 3 defensively in the event of a bigger opponent.

teedubya
03-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Noone. They are all leaving.

Oh man, that sucks.

sedated
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
WHERE DO YOU HEAR THESE PRESS CONFERENCES?
METRO SPORTS

Ceej
03-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say everyone returns. Then, majority of the squad will jump ship after next year.

That's me being optimistic, like the Chiefs fan I am. Ha.

ArrowheadHawk
03-26-2007, 04:35 PM
i can't wait till next year

Dunit35
03-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Brandon Rush stats were only alittle better from his freshman year. His points were up .3, assists the same (2.0) but his minutes were up by just .8. His free throw percentage, rebounds, field goal percentage, 3 point percentage, and steals were all down this year. Personally I think he should stay...but I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave for money.

Arthur...he'd be a fool to leave. I don't understand why this argument even comes up. I had to work during more games then I got to watch, so maybe he always dominated when I happened to not be watching. But I doubt that.

Wright: He's way to unpolished to leave...I guess since the NBA drafts on potential he could go. I'd prefer to play another year in college make myself better and actually PLAY. He's going to sit on the bench and watch people play his first year or so in the NBA.

Chalmers: He should straight up stay.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't think any of them are ready to go pro, but that doesn't mean a couple won't. Hone the skills, get bigger, stronger and faster, then go pro.

Ceej
03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Fully agreed Vanilla. But, we all know, as someome previously mentioned the NBA draft is based on potential alone.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Mr. Greene is smoking something if he thinks falling into the 2nd round "means nothing"

the 2nd round drops the guarantee part of his contract. If he gets hurt or something weird happens he will end up in Europe trying to prove something.

that's just retarted ..... if you aren't a 1st round lock, you don't go early.

Saulbadguy
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
You can make alot of money in Europe, too. Not sure if its as much as KU pays but it's pretty substantial.

ArrowheadHawk
03-26-2007, 08:17 PM
You can make alot of money in Europe, too. Not sure if its as much as KU pays but it's pretty substantial.
this smack coming from a bob huggins supporter :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
this smack coming from a bob huggins supporter :rolleyes:
Smack?

Skip Towne
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
If Rush goes (likely at this point, I'd say) then Wright will probably play the 3 next year. That's what he'll have to play in the NBA.

Next year:
PG- Robinson (or Collins)
SG- Chalmers
SF- Wright
PF- Arthur
PF- Kaun (or Jackson)
Aldrich will be the towel boy?

Mr. Plow
03-26-2007, 09:38 PM
everyone ......

except if i'm Sasha Kaun then i'm looking to transfer.

Don't tease me.

ChiefsFanatic
03-26-2007, 10:05 PM
heck even Jackson has potential if his back gets better ... he's a natural power forward in the NBA.

Hell, if
Eduardo Najera (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3437) can make $4.5 million as a banger, Jackson could, too.

Sam Hall
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Hell, if
Eduardo Najera (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3437) can make $4.5 million as a banger, Jackson could, too.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say everyone returns. Then, majority of the squad will jump ship after next year.

That's me being optimistic, like the Chiefs fan I am. Ha.

I'm with you CJ. Even if we lose, Rush....the core is here to make a real run next year. And the incoming Frosh will only help.

ChiefsFanatic
03-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, according to the link I posted, yes, he makes $4.5 million dollars.

leviw
03-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Aldrich will be the towel boy?

Give me one reason why he would start.

Saulbadguy
03-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Give me one reason why he would start.
"He's the next Tyler Hansbrough!!!!11"

leviw
03-27-2007, 10:19 AM
"He's the next Tyler Hansbrough!!!!11"

Great. Then between him and Kaun, the ball would NEVER come out of the paint.

duncan_idaho
03-27-2007, 01:42 PM
I know Julian Wright has said in the past he's staying ... but if he doesn't develop a jump shot between now and then, I think he'll regret that decision.

He's a definite top 10, possible top 5 pick right now, based on his potential. Another year with no improvement to his jumper is only going to lower his perceived potential.

I also question whether he's quick enough to defend the 3 in the NBA.

He's a very good college player, but I don't know if his game translates. Best to leave now before too many holes can get poked in your game, lest you become the next Rickey Paulding/Ryan Minor.

Sam Hall
03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, according to the link I posted, yes, he makes $4.5 million dollars.

I'm just messing with you :LOL:

irishjayhawk
03-27-2007, 09:56 PM
everyone ......

I have to disagree here slightly. While I don't know that Self has ever proven he can handle a big man in his "offense", I don't think Sasha is capable of being the man, anyway.

He knows nothing of finesse. I'd be all for your position if he didn't take a lay up and throw it hard off the backboard. Sometimes he shows glimpses of why he's in there. However, there's more of the "can't finish", "no finesse" Sasha than the "I'm a force down low for the Hawks".

Maybe it's me. :hmmm:

duncan_idaho
03-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Laz,

The NCAA already has abolished the rule that allowed players to transfer for their fourth year of eligibility if they'd completed their degree.

kU is stuck with Kaun unless he's willing to transfer and sit out a year.

CoMoChief
03-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Kaun sucks.