PDA

View Full Version : Official Weather Thread: Storm Updates Provided

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm not trying to steal anyone's "thunder" in this thread.... I just thought that I would post some reports about severe storms thru out the KC and surrounding area's...

Everyone is still welcome to start their own threads about the weather in their area... I'm just going to use this one to post some watches and warnings and also radar images, for those people who might not be able to check on the weather or have any knowledge where to look for storm info on the computer...

However; I won't be able to post if I'm called out by the National Weather Service for storm chasing...

Stay safe and keep your ears and eyes open !!!!

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO
100 PM CDT FRI MAR 30 2007

KSZ025-057-060-102>105-MOZ001>008-011>017-020>025-028>033-037>040-
043>046-053-054-311800-
ATCHISON KS-MIAMI-LINN KS-DONIPHAN-LEAVENWORTH-WYANDOTTE-
JOHNSON KS-ATCHISON MO-NODAWAY-WORTH-GENTRY-HARRISON-MERCER-
PUTNAM-SCHUYLER-HOLT-ANDREW-DE KALB-DAVIESS-GRUNDY-SULLIVAN-ADAIR-
BUCHANAN-CLINTON-CALDWELL-LIVINGSTON-LINN MO-MACON-PLATTE-CLAY-
RAY-CARROLL-CHARITON-RANDOLPH-JACKSON-LAFAYETTE-SALINE-HOWARD-
CASS-JOHNSON MO-PETTIS-COOPER-BATES-HENRY-
100 PM CDT FRI MAR 30 2007

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHWEST...NORTH CENTRAL
AND WEST CENTRAL MISSOURI...AS WELL AS EXTREME EASTERN KANSAS.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT

THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO ORGANIZE ACROSS CENTRAL AND EASTERN
KANSAS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING...AND MOVES TOWARDS
WESTERN MISSOURI THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS. ALTHOUGH WIND SHEAR WILL
INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY AS A STRONG UPPER LEVEL STORM SYSTEM
APPROACHES THE AREA...INSTABILITY WILL BE QUITE LOW WHICH WILL LIMIT
THE SEVERE POTENTIAL. NEVERTHELESS...AN ISOLATED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM
IS POSSIBLE LATER THIS EVENING...WITH MARGINALLY LARGE HAIL AND
DAMAGING WINDS THE PRIMARY THREATS.

THESE WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORMS WILL LIKELY PRODUCE EXTENSIVE HEAVY
RAINFALL ACROSS EASTERN KANSAS AND FAR WESTERN MISSOURI...GENERALLY
ALONG AND WEST OF A LINE FROM PRINCETON TO CARROLLTON TO CLINTON.
THIS AREA IS UNDER A FLASH FLOOD WATCH...AND CAN EXPECT RAINFALL
AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF ONE INCH THROUGH THE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT HOURS.

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 06:12 PM
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=eax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Archie F. Swin
03-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Remember, no matter how right you are, you're always wrong.

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Remember, no matter how right you are, you're always wrong.

This is VERY true Archie... The weather can change as fast as a wife or girlfriend !!!

crazycoffey
03-30-2007, 06:41 PM
are you out chasing?

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
are you out chasing?

Not tonite --- yet that is....

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 07:16 PM
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/hazards/eax

Ceej
03-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm in Wichita - tornado watch until 3 am. It sucks living in a place without a basement and also being in bed by 10 or 1030. GL to me!

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Looking at the radar --- these storm's seem to be moving in a north/northwest direction...

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm in Wichita - tornado watch until 3 am. It sucks living in a place without a basement and also being in bed by 10 or 1030. GL to me!

I don't think anything will happen here in my area tonite... We just didn't have the heat and humidity today like we had the last 2-3 days... Even then, all we got was heavy rain and some lightning...

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 08:06 PM
http://radblast-aa.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=EAX&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=N0R&frame=0&scale=0.750&noclutter=0&t=1172713528&lat=38.95661926&lon=-94.68209839&label=Shawnee+Mission%2C+KS&showstorms=0&map.x=400&map.y=240&centerx=453&centery=249&transx=53&transy=9&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Storm appears to be expanding out to the east more... KC looks like it's getting some good heavy rain and lightning... I can see it off to the southwest... It appears to be heading up to St. Joe now...

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0096.html

Reaper16
03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
It's calm and dry in Maryville... you'd think the northwest corner of MO would be getting pounded by now.

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
It's calm and dry in Maryville... you'd think the northwest corner of MO would be getting pounded by now.

I'm about 45 minutes to an hour from you... All I can see is lightning off to the southwest... Looked like it was heading up towards St.Joe then maybe up your way...

PinkFloyd
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/hazards/?wfo=top&lat=38.9686&lon=-96.2166&maptype=zone

Tornado Warning

sd4chiefs
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Sucks to be you.

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
**** the weather, I bowled a 708 tonight. Won $220 245-216-247 :D

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 10:21 PM
**** the weather, I bowled a 708 tonight. Won $220 245-216-247 :D

Nice job!

I am finally back on track myself. Thurs I put up a 682 last night. It won't be long before you and I will be able to keep up with Pink.

To add to it, another guy on my team is about 10 pins ave under me put up a 677 himself and another has been bowling with a house ball for years and just bought one and shooting about 30 pins over average. We beat the opposing team buy 450 pins total thursday night - which felt good after they came in last fall with 150 averages and the entire team threw 200s all night on us.

We are currently in 5th, but should be in 3rd to 4th once the standings after this week are refigured. If we keep bowling like we have the last couple of weeks, we have a good chance 1st to 2nd place when the leagues end in april.

crazycoffey
03-30-2007, 10:25 PM
stay safe storm chaser one.

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice job!

I am finally back on track myself. Thurs I put up a 682 last night. It won't be long before you and I will be able to keep up with Pink.

To add to it, another guy on my team is about 10 pins ave under me put up a 677 himself and another has been bowling with a house ball for years and just bought one and shooting about 30 pins over average. We beat the opposing team buy 450 pins total thursday night - which felt good after they came in last fall with 150 averages and the entire team threw 200s all night on us.

We are currently in 5th, but should be in 3rd to 4th once the standings after this week are refigured. If we keep bowling like we have the last couple of weeks, we have a good chance 1st to 2nd place when the leagues end in april.

Hey that is great Mike! I hope you get all the way to first. Nothing like having a low average bowler figure it out. :D Heck, he might end up 50 over before you are done.

I bowl on a 7 man/5man team. The low two are out the next week. (it sounds like bragging, but it is true, I have not been one of the low 2 all year)
The joint has 84 lanes I believe. We have 3 divisions and we won the first quarter. We are leading the last quarter and could get a bye into the Championship. It pays pretty good to, we should get something like $700 back the last night.

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey that is great Mike! I hope you get all the way to first. Nothing like having a low average bowler figure it out. :D Heck, he might end up 50 over before you are done.

Actually, he's been holding an average of upper 150s for the last 2 years, throws a decent hook even with the house ball, and is quite consistent. I've been kinda watching for a used ball that would fit him but he found one first.

We have another guy that used to be on the PBA circuit but he's been sitting for a decade now and only gets to bowl every other week. He's finding his line too. We're set to make a move, but with 4 weeks left, we're enough games back of two really good teams that we will need some help.

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Darn Okies and their used balls. ROFL ROFL

We buy new ones in Kansas. :p

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Darn Okies and their used balls. ROFL ROFL

We buy new ones in Kansas. :p

I've been buying new balls myself - though I get them off of ebay after they have been out for a while. I have 2 balls that I bought undrilled in the box for $9.95 (one was a plastic Zone for 10 pins another was a Columbia 300 Trooper Urethane). My Beast (my main ball) is actually my second one. I bought one from my cousin used while I lived in KS. I used it for several years. The pro shop guy in th elast town I lived in thought he'd do me a favor in return for some help I gave him fixing his machines. He sanded it down until there wasn't any chips or marks (or serial numbers) in the ball. He had to take 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch and close to a pound off the ball. I found another on Ebay for $45. I am strongly considering getting another NIB Beast so when this one dies I will have another I can put into service.

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I've been buying new balls myself - though I get them off of ebay after they have been out for a while. I have 2 balls that I bought undrilled in the box for $9.95 (one was a plastic Zone for 10 pins another was a Columbia 300 Trooper Urethane). My Beast (my main ball) is actually my second one. I bought one from my cousin used while I lived in KS. I used it for several years. The pro shop guy in th elast town I lived in thought he'd do me a favor in return for some help I gave him fixing his machines. He sanded it down until there wasn't any chips or marks (or serial numbers) in the ball. He had to take 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch and close to a pound off the ball. I found another on Ebay for $45. I am strongly considering getting another NIB Beast so when this one dies I will have another I can put into service.

I never thought about buying a ball on ebay, or for that matter selling them. I have a bunch of the darn things, all top of the line for their time. I should list them on ebay!
I just bought a new one at the beginning of the season, very ugly. I can't even remember the name of it. I always buy them from the pro shop, $250. It carries very deep and hooks med/hard at the end. I have very few 10 pins to shoot at.

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 11:12 PM
I never thought about buying a ball on ebay, or for that matter selling them. I have a bunch of the darn things, all top of the line for their time. I should list them on ebay!
I just bought a new one at the beginning of the season, very ugly. I can't even remember the name of it. I always buy them from the pro shop, $250. It carries very deep and hooks med/hard at the end. I have very few 10 pins to shoot at.

I don't need a strong hooking ball - I'm able to put a solid hook on a regular one. :p :D

Ebay has been a decent place for me and bowling balls. I've bought 5 now and gotting them fairly cheap. $150-$200 retail balls for under $50 - 'course you won't get a newly introduced one for that price. I also notice lots of drilled balls bring $25-50 bucks.

What are your specs? If you were selling cheap and they fit, I might be interested in one. I'm always interested in a new ball to try.

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I opened my big mouth, then thought about it and there is only one ball I wouldn't mind getting rid of.
If you Pm me your address, I will send it to you. It hooks way too early for me, but a strong young whippersnapper like you can probably get it down there. I bought it for heavy oil, had it drilled at least twice. I bet I havn't bowled 15 games with it. I actually hate the ball and would love to get it out of my closet!

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I opened my big mouth, then thought about it and there is only one ball I wouldn't mind getting rid of.
If you Pm me your address, I will send it to you. It hooks way too early for me, but a strong young whippersnapper like you can probably get it down there. I bought it for heavy oil, had it drilled at least twice. I bet I havn't bowled 15 games with it. I actually hate the ball and would love to get it out of my closet!

What is it and how heavy?

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 11:32 PM
What is it and how heavy?

It is a ROTO-GRIP, their top of the line Urethane at the time. 16lbs, why isn't that all real men throw? :D

Heck I bought it before I injured my wrist, so it is pretty old.

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 11:34 PM

I know what you mean too about not wanting to get rid of them. Sitting in the garage I have a Boss Ti, my old Beast, and a Zone that was the last ball a pro-shop guy mis-drilled for me. I have a Ultimate Chaos loaned out to a guy that was thinking about buying it a year ago that I'm wanting back now to retry, I have a Timberwolf, Tank, Zone, Trooper and my new Beast at the alley in lockers, and an old rubber ball out in the yard that I've been rolling around for the dog to chase.

The only one I would mind getting rid of right now it the messed up Zone.

I had a Messenger earlier this year but a kid subbing for us some has a ton of rip and was borrowing a ball from another guy on our team that he couldn't even get his fingers in. The Messenger fit him well and won't hardly break so it has worked out for him. Since he didn't have a lot of $ I just gave it to him.

HemiEd
03-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I know what you mean too about not wanting to get rid of them. Sitting in the garage I have a Boss Ti, my old Beast, and a Zone that was the last ball a pro-shop guy mis-drilled for me. I have a Ultimate Chaos loaned out to a guy that was thinking about buying it a year ago that I'm wanting back now to retry, I have a Timberwolf, Tank, Zone, Trooper and my new Beast at the alley in lockers, and an old rubber ball out in the yard that I've been rolling around for the dog to chase.

The only one I would mind getting rid of right now it the messed up Zone.

I had a Messenger earlier this year but a kid subbing for us some has a ton of rip and was borrowing a ball from another guy on our team that he couldn't even get his fingers in. The Messenger fit him well and won't hardly break so it has worked out for him. Since he didn't have a lot of $ I just gave it to him.

Heck, you gotta lot of balls! You got more balls than I have! I bowled for years with a Comlubia Pirannha C, lots of big games with it. I used a black U dot before that, no way could I get rid of it. I use my pink hammer now for spares and used to move it 25 boards. I wish I could think of the name of the new one, heck of a ball. So I only have 5, you have several more than that.

PastorMikH
03-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Heck, you gotta lot of balls! You got more balls than I have! I bowled for years with a Comlubia Pirannha C, lots of big games with it. I used a black U dot before that, no way could I get rid of it. I use my pink hammer now for spares and used to move it 25 boards. I wish I could think of the name of the new one, heck of a ball. So I only have 5, you have several more than that.

I've thinned down a bit too. But, when I buy like I do, I pick up cheap what others have had good luck with. If it works, great, if not I don't have much in it. The last ball I bought new was a Col. 300 Pit Boss Ti - ball worked terrible for me - I think the drilling was off. Worked better for a friend, so he took it off my hands.

I basically bowl with 3 balls though. My Beast is my mainstay. I use the Trooper for spares. My Timberwolf comes out when the Beast isn't working for me - if it's not me and my delivery - if one doesn't work, the other one usually does.

I've never tried a roto grip. My thumb is 1" with 4 7/8 from thumb hole to middle finger. How close of a fit would the ball be? Do you by chance remember which ball it was?

Bugeater
03-31-2007, 12:01 AM
OK, it's raining here. But of course, I didn't realize it was raining until I left my friend's house. It was also at that time I realized I left the sunroof open on the car, so I had to drive home sitting in sopping wet seats, which really sucked.

PastorMikH
03-31-2007, 12:07 AM
OK, it's raining here. But of course, I didn't realize it was raining until I left my friend's house. It was also at that time I realized I left the sunroof open on the car, so I had to drive home sitting in sopping wet seats, which really sucked.

This thread isn't about raining anymore. It's about bowling balls.

:)

Bugeater
03-31-2007, 12:09 AM
This thread isn't about raining anymore. It's about bowling balls.

I broke a bowling ball in half once.

HemiEd
03-31-2007, 07:04 AM
I've thinned down a bit too. But, when I buy like I do, I pick up cheap what others have had good luck with. If it works, great, if not I don't have much in it. The last ball I bought new was a Col. 300 Pit Boss Ti - ball worked terrible for me - I think the drilling was off. Worked better for a friend, so he took it off my hands.

I basically bowl with 3 balls though. My Beast is my mainstay. I use the Trooper for spares. My Timberwolf comes out when the Beast isn't working for me - if it's not me and my delivery - if one doesn't work, the other one usually does.

I've never tried a roto grip. My thumb is 1" with 4 7/8 from thumb hole to middle finger. How close of a fit would the ball be? Do you by chance remember which ball it was?

I just dug it out of the closet. I thought it was a roto grip, guess I got rid of that one. This is an Ebonite Crush. This poor ball has been drilled more times than it has been rolled. :) Thumb hole measures .9370, too small for me now as well. Span is about 5 3/4, center to center. My tape keeps kinking. It still has the marks on it from having one of those outrigger holes drilled and I never tried it.

PinkFloyd
03-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok... I interupt this weather/bowling thread to let you all know it's dark as the lights going out up here !!! Chance of storms later...

I have to get in the shower now to get ready to go to a funeral --------------------- errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -------- I mean wedding...

BTW -- I bowled an 811 this morning in a league.... :p

PastorMikH
03-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok... I interupt this weather/bowling thread to let you all know it's dark as the lights going out up here !!! Chance of storms later...

I have to get in the shower now to get ready to go to a funeral --------------------- errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -------- I mean wedding...

BTW -- I bowled an 811 this morning in a league.... :p

This morning? Subbing for a Jr league or something?

:p

I'd say good job, but for you that's probably just average.

PastorMikH
03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
I just dug it out of the closet. I thought it was a roto grip, guess I got rid of that one. This is an Ebonite Crush. This poor ball has been drilled more times than it has been rolled. :) Thumb hole measures .9370, too small for me now as well. Span is about 5 3/4, center to center. My tape keeps kinking. It still has the marks on it from having one of those outrigger holes drilled and I never tried it.

Man that's one ugly ball. Your span is wide enough that I would have to get it redrilled again. From the looks of it, the ball has had enough re-drilling.

Ceej
03-31-2007, 12:12 PM
I bowled a 255 once - drunk. The weird thing is, I think I concentrate and focus alot more when I'm intoxicated.

Man, ever since moving my shifts to 5am at work I've had no time for bowling. Thanks guys - for bringing bowling up. :(

HemiEd
03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Man that's one ugly ball. Your span is wide enough that I would have to get it redrilled again. From the looks of it, the ball has had enough re-drilling.

Actually, I think it is just bad lighting. It is truly a beautiful ball.

The funny part, the surface is just like new. It has spent more time being redrilled than on the lanes. :D

HemiEd
03-31-2007, 02:27 PM
I bowled a 255 once - drunk. The weird thing is, I think I concentrate and focus alot more when I'm intoxicated.

Man, ever since moving my shifts to 5am at work I've had no time for bowling. Thanks guys - for bringing bowling up. :(

I enjoy beer when I am bowling, very much. Hopefully you can get on a day league or something.

PinkFloyd
04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
SEVERE SUN AND HEAT WARNING TODAY IN ACAPULCO !!!!!

PBJ PBJ PBJ

luv
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
SEVERE SUN AND HEAT WARNING TODAY IN ACAPULCO !!!!!

PBJ PBJ PBJ
When will you be back in Missouri? Hope you took some warmer clothes with you to wear back.

PinkFloyd
04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
When will you be back in Missouri? Hope you took some warmer clothes with you to wear back.

Not sure I'm coming back until July !!!!!

Just kidding...

Suppose to leave here in alittle while, but might stay another day... If we leave today, we might be back in KC by midnight or 1am...

Do they allow laptops on an airplane ????

HemiEd
04-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Not sure I'm coming back until July !!!!!

Just kidding...

Suppose to leave here in alittle while, but might stay another day... If we leave today, we might be back in KC by midnight or 1am...

Do they allow laptops on an airplane ????

Yes, but you have to disable the wireless feature.

PinkFloyd
04-06-2007, 11:44 AM
This is my third time down here in the last 15 years... Nothing has changed much... Most of the night clubs still open at 10pm and close around 5-6am...

The one up on the hill over looking the bay still shoots off fireworks at midnight to let all the tourists know that it's now open...

The swim lines are still only allowing people to swim in about three feet of water.... Sharks are thicker than BBQ sauce on a KC Steak...

Oh; the taxi service is still the same... The driver will charge you very little to take you somewhere, but will double it to bring you back to your hotel... PLUS; he will personally show you around while shopping to insure HE'S the one to take you back...

And the most important thing ---- DO NOT DRINK THEIR WATER !!!!!!

PinkFloyd
04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes, but you have to disable the wireless feature.

Well that sucks...

PinkFloyd
05-05-2007, 07:09 PM
My god !!! Almost everywhere north and west of me is in a tornado watch !!!

I feel so bad for those people in Kansas who may have to deal with this crap again tonight... :(

Gracie Dean
05-05-2007, 08:46 PM

my family all have weather radios in our bedrooms.