PDA

View Full Version : Will the Chiefs get a compensitory pick in this years draft?

philfree
03-16-2001, 12:01 AM
I think we should! We lost Hasty and 'Parisite Elvis'. I'd say that's worth a pick at the end of the 4th round.

PhilFree

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I think it's pretty likely...

Don't forget we also lost big Chet, although if nobody signs him, it's gonna be hard to say he's worth much...

philfree
03-16-2001, 12:33 AM
I wonder what the lowest pick is that has ever been awarded? Since Tags gave the Rams our 2nd round pick I think he owes us one. Add that in with our FA losses and we should get a 3rd rounder. Yea I know. Never happen! Shucks we'll be lucky to get anything the way its been going lately.

Joe Seahawk
03-16-2001, 12:50 AM
Who did you actually lose in Free agency? weren't Hasty and Mcglutton and Grbackstabber cut?

[Edited by Joe Seahawk on 03-16-2001 at 01:22 AM]

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 12:55 AM
Shush Joe.

No.

Shush.

No.

No.

Pre-emptive shush.

Ah, ah, ah, shush.

Shush.

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 12:56 AM
Sorry, Joe. Austin Powers flashback.

And how does that work by-the-way? Cuts don't count even though it's basically players being made UFA?

Guess that makes sense now that I think about it.

Hmmm.

Joe Seahawk
03-16-2001, 01:11 AM
We lost Kendall this year..Last year we lost a bunch of guys and got a 3rd and a 6th in the 2001 draft

Joe Seahawk
03-16-2001, 01:15 AM
Holmgren promised Kendall he would not transition/franchise him, if He allowed the Seahawks the chance to match any offer he received..Kendall agreed and gave Holmgren the chance to match Zonas offer. The Cards offered him 4 mil a year in the first 2 years however so mike had to decline...I thought that was a cool agreement though, Holmy will not keep a player that doesn't want to be here.....Joe
supplying tidbits

DaKCMan AP
03-16-2001, 05:01 AM
We should get the highest comp. pick for one name: Joe Horn. He helped the Saints go from a loser to the division champs and had a ProBowl season. I believe Comp. picks are given the year after you lose a player, like we would receive a pick this year for Joe Horn. If we would be eligible for any picks from Grbac McGlockton, etc. it would be next year that we would hear about it.

Luzap
03-16-2001, 06:17 AM
What about a Comp. Pick for Marty Schottenheimer?

He still had a year or two on a contract with us if my memory serves me correctly.

Luz
when did we get dale carter's pick?...

kcred
03-16-2001, 06:48 AM
DaKCman - You are right, compensatory picks are awarded after the season, for FAs lost the previous year. It is my understanding, the losses are weighed against the signings, and then they arrive at some low pick. Horn going to the Pro Bowl, should outweight Lew Bush, but with Reggie Tongue, getting benched in Seattle, he won't add much. Might get a 4th, and I think it is about a week or two before the draft, when they are announced.

We won't get anything for Grbac, Hasty or Glock, all were cut. Though I might be wrong about Elvis, when we didn't pay him the roster bonus, I think he became a FA. Hasty and Glock were cut though.

Luz- We already received two 3rds for Schottenheimer.

Luzap
03-16-2001, 06:53 AM
kcred,

Gracias para el informacion, senior!

Luz
hanging aroung a lot of south americans lately...