PDA

View Full Version : My team is being Massacred!!!

Logical
03-31-2007, 09:20 PM
:(

Florida is awesome.

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Your team really got screwed. They had to leave home.

JBucc
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Looks like it'll be Fla and Ohio St. Where have we seen that before...? I'll just be glad when these guys go NBA and get out of the SEC. Then John Calipari can lead the Hogs to the Championship!

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
And by "awesome," you mean "less shitty."

This game could be used to extract information from a terrorist on 24.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Then John Calipari can lead the Hogs to the Championship!

Do What?

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Frank Broyles asked for permission to interview Cal. LMAO

HolmeZz
I'm not sure why anyone would've expected this to be any different than last year's meeting.

JBucc
Do What?He's been given permission to talk to the Razorbacks and has reportedly been offered 2.2 million a year. I doubt he'll actually come though.

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:31 PM
And by "awesome," you mean "less shitty."

This game could be used to extract information from a terrorist on 24.
:LOL:

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:33 PM
He's been given permission to talk to the Razorbacks and has reportedly been offered 2.2 million a year. I doubt he'll actually come though.

But you guys were going to get Self, Coach K or Roy?

JBucc
03-31-2007, 09:34 PM
But you guys were going to get Self, Coach K or Roy?Nah, we decided we don't want those second rate coaches.

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
But you guys were going to get Self, Coach K or Roy?
The guys on the :KU: board were laughing about that.

Logical
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
:LOL:What you laughing at this shitty team beat yours by double digits.ROFL

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:36 PM
What you laughing at this shitty team beat yours by double digits.ROFL
I'm still waiting for the buzzer beating prayer 3's. Oh, by the way, we beat Fla. on a neutral court this year. Amazing what home court can do ain't it?

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Nah, we decided we don't want those second rate coaches.

Yeah, better leave those losers alone... Good luck with JC, he is a solid coach and could do wonders at Ark...

You guys do have a nice setup there, facility wise.

HolmeZz
03-31-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah and when was the last time you beat our shitty KU team?

Seeing as he's a UCLA fan, last week.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
UCLA is folding like a cheap lawn chair....

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Seeing as he's a UCLA fan, last week.

yeah I screwed that one up, I really thought Logical was a MU fan...

So I deserve the flaming.....

the Talking Can
03-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Calipari signed an extension last week, and has Derrick Rose coming in...he ain't going anywhere....he's gauranteed 20 wins just in conference...

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah, better leave those losers alone... Good luck with JC, he is a solid coach and could do wonders at Ark...JC? Who do you mean, Jesus Christ? Because that's about as likely.

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, better leave those losers alone... Good luck with JC, he is a solid coach and could do wonders at Ark...

You guys do have a nice setup there, facility wise.
Arkansas has run off better coaches than most schools can come up with. Lou Holtz, Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson. Good luck getting a name coach to go there.

Logical
03-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm still waiting for the buzzer beating prayer 3's. Oh, by the way, we beat Fla. on a neutral court this year. Amazing what home court can do ain't it?I would be interested in seeing Florida play at Pauley Pavillion. That would be home court Skip.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Arkansas has run off better coaches than most schools can come up with. Lou Holtz, Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson. Good luck getting a name coach to go there.

According to Hogville.net, they pretty much believe that they could lure Self away from Kansas... The things they are saying is just stunning, Like they have just as much or more tradition and history than Kansas basketball.

That Self would leave KU because they are closer to Edmond OK than KU...

I wish I could remember it all, but it is just laughable.

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:51 PM
According to Hogville.net, they pretty much believe that they could lure Self away from Kansas... The things they are saying is just stunning, Like they have just as much or more tradition and history than Kansas basketball.

That Self would leave KU because they are closer to Edmond OK than KU...

I wish I could remember it all, but it is just laughable.
I checked it on Mapquest. There is less than 100 miles difference between Lawrence and Fayetteville. Self "only" makes 1.5 mil though and they are offering 2.2. But other than a couple of Richardson years, their tradition is shit.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 09:57 PM
One of the best lines ever from Hogville.net

"I don't think Arkansas is the prestigious job most Hog fans want to believe it is, but it's just as tradition-rich as Kansas is, if not more so."

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 09:59 PM
One of the best lines ever from Hogville.net

"I don't think Arkansas is the prestigious job most Hog fans want to believe it is, but it's just as tradition-rich as Kansas is, if not more so."
There are really some stupid people in Arkansas.

Bearcat
03-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow, those game sucked.... I'm glad Florida won.. there's no way I would have watched OSU/UCLA.

I'm still waiting for the buzzer beating prayer 3's. Oh, by the way, we beat Fla. on a neutral court this year. Amazing what home court can do ain't it?

Las Vegas was about as neutral as San Jose.

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow, those game sucked.... I'm glad Florida won.. there's no way I would have watched OSU/UCLA.

Las Vegas was about as neutral as San Jose.

KU owned Vegas.... KU travels well, we could play a game in Barrow AK and I wouldnt be surprised if 7-8K fans showed up...

Reerun_KC
03-31-2007, 10:03 PM
Another amusing nugget from hogville.net

I think you people are confusing tradition with accomplishments. Tradition means different things to different people - its not something that can be measured in wins & losses. And all you KU people spouting off about James Naismith, from your own website: "Ironically enough, James Naismith, the father of basketball, is the only person ever to have ended his coaching career at the University of Kansas with a losing record."

Followed up by this,

"Here are a couple of other names associated with Kansas Basketball: Phog Allen, Adolph Rupp, and Dean Smith. Phog Allen, who learned under Naismith, coached both Rupp and Smith at Kansas. I think Rupp and Smith went on to become pretty good coaches themselves. Kansas is the Mecca of college basketball, so please do not say Arkansas has more tradition. I love the Hogs just as much as the next guy, but please try to be more informed. "

morphius
03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
It is a shame that KU forgot how to shoot a basketball in their last game of the year. They had proven that they could hang one up on Florida...

Bearcat
03-31-2007, 10:09 PM
It is a shame that KU forgot how to shoot a basketball in their last game of the year. They had proven that they could hang one up on Florida...

Florida had the right strategy, Kansas did not. That would have been such a great game... it's hard to see Kansas beating a team like Florida twice in a season, but it would have been much more entertaining than the crap tonight.

Speaking of strategy, Georgetown did a good job of installing Kansas' gameplan of making at least one bad pass every time down the court.

I hope Florida wins by 70.

L.A. Chieffan
03-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Well. That sucked.

When does football start?

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
I would be interested in seeing Florida play at Pauley Pavillion. That would be home court Skip.
You didn't watch the game? The crowd couldn't have been more one sided. I'm glad you think Florida is awesome. We beat them. They stomped you.

morphius
03-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Florida had the right strategy, Kansas did not. That would have been such a great game... it's hard to see Kansas beating a team like Florida twice in a season, but it would have been much more entertaining than the crap tonight.

Speaking of strategy, Georgetown did a good job of installing Kansas' gameplan of making at least one bad pass every time down the court.

I hope Florida wins by 70.
Missing open shots over and over again was a pretty horrible strategy for KU to try. I hope they never try that again, 'cause it is really not the easiest way to win a game.

Sully
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
I'd discuss it, but it is apparently a rule on Chiefsplanet that you are not allowed to discuss another team losing unless your team wins the national championship.

Skip Towne
03-31-2007, 11:14 PM
It was our own fault losing to UCLA. JoPo said we missed 20 shots inside 5 feet. Make just half of them we win by 10 whether they throw in desperation 3's or not. UCLA found out how good they are tonight.

Logical
03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
It was our own fault losing to UCLA. JoPo said we missed 20 shots inside 5 feet. Make just half of them we win by 10 whether they throw in desperation 3's or not. UCLA found out how good they are tonight.Least you do not see me making pathetic excuses. Sad, Mike, just sad.

morphius
03-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Least you do not see me making pathetic excuses. Sad, Mike, just sad.
You don't think it would have been a completely different game if KU had been able to sink any of those easy shots they had after all of those steals in the first half? Please. Of course that being said, basketball is all about making the shots, so KU deserved to lose, so don't take it any other way.

Sam Hall
03-31-2007, 11:37 PM
That was the most boring Final Four I've ever seen. The crowd had no intensity and both games were mostly one-sided. Georgetown was close to Ohio St. at times, but couldn't get over the hump. I still wish we had KU and UNC.

Logical
03-31-2007, 11:46 PM
You don't think it would have been a completely different game if KU had been able to sink any of those easy shots they had after all of those steals in the first half? Please. Of course that being said, basketball is all about making the shots, so KU deserved to lose, so don't take it any other way.Yes and if Afflalo had not had foul trouble todays game would have been closer. You don't see me making excuses for UCLA. They got their asses handed to them like they handed KU its ass.

Pants
03-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Yes and if Afflalo had not had foul trouble todays game would have been closer. You don't see me making excuses for UCLA. They got their asses handed to them like they handed KU its ass.

It's not an excuse. 17 missed lay ups or dunks is a fact. That's 34 points, Logical. Nobody is saying that KU outplayed UCLA, but don't think that UCLA was that much better than KU.

UCLA won because they were hot (last second prayers for 3, lol), had homefield advantage and because KU didn't score the 34 points they could have easily scored.

Logical
03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
It's not an excuse. 17 missed lay ups or dunks is a fact. That's 34 points, Logical. Nobody is saying that KU outplayed UCLA, but don't think that UCLA was that much better than KU.

UCLA won because they were hot (last second prayers for 3, lol), had homefield advantage and because KU didn't score the 34 points they could have easily scored.ROFLROFLROFL

Love to see the KU fans over and over making excuses. You all give me a great laugh, your team got its ass handed to them, man up.

Pants
04-01-2007, 12:02 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Love to see the KU fans over and over making excuses. You all give me a great laugh, your team got its ass handed to them, man up.

I know our team got our asses handed to us. That happens when you miss 17 layups/dunks. I don't see why it's so hard to understand that.

And if you don't think that was a homefield advantage, than you're not very logical after all. Stupid would be more like it, or maybe in denial.

Logical
04-01-2007, 12:16 AM
I know our team got our asses handed to us. That happens when you miss 17 layups/dunks. I don't see why it's so hard to understand that.

And if you don't think that was a homefield advantage, than you're not very logical after all. Stupid would be more like it, or maybe in denial.ROFLROFLROFL

Just keep it coming.

morphius
04-01-2007, 12:26 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

Just keep it coming.
I think your definition of excuses is a bit off, but eh, if that makes you happy, then keep on riding that goat.

Ari Chi3fs
04-01-2007, 12:32 AM
in my mind, KU was the number two seed, where UNC was the number one. Then we beat them to go to the final four.

Logical
04-01-2007, 12:59 AM
in my mind, KU was the number two seed, where UNC was the number one. Then we beat them to go to the final four.Fantasy, nothing wrong with that.

DJ's left nut
04-01-2007, 01:45 AM
UCLA put up a heck of a fight.

Afflalo sucked. Had he played even an average game, UCLA could've taken it. Foul trouble and nerves absolutely killed him.

It was admirable the way UCLA hung in there. They were comletely outgunned offensively. Even with Afflalo they were going to have trouble scoring. When Motta and Afflalo couldn't get it going early, then they were really just playing out the string.

Pretty unfortunate, but if Afflalo comes back next year and teams up with Love to give them the inside/outside game they desperately need, UCLA will win the title.

Kansas will choke again.