PDA

View Full Version : Rep question

"Bob" Dobbs
03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum in the past, but a quick search didn't help me. How exactly does the rep system work here? I gather that the more rep one has, the bigger rep hammer they can swing, but I see no real documentation anywhere. Can someone point me to a thread that explains it?
TIA.

dj56dt58
03-31-2007, 11:05 PM
will i get rep if i do?

Bugeater
03-31-2007, 11:05 PM
It's all classified information.

"Bob" Dobbs
03-31-2007, 11:06 PM
will i get rep if i do?
Heh. Sure. Why the hell not? :)

Buck
03-31-2007, 11:08 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

Bugeater
03-31-2007, 11:14 PM

QuikSsurfer
03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/images/random-.jpg

Bugeater
03-31-2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/images/random-.jpg
WTF? I don't see any weed in that picture.

QuikSsurfer
03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
WTF? I don't see any weed in that picture.
you see what you want to see.

DaFace
03-31-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't know the actual multipliers that are used here, but I've messed around with vBulletin systems elsewhere. Basically, your rep strength is determined by some combination of your own rep level, how long you've been on the site, and your post count, depending on how they have it set up.

Slick32
04-01-2007, 08:41 AM
The rep system on this board is not unlike those used on any other board on the internet.

It's a "I've got a bigger dick than you syndrome". By that I mean that it is just a clickish type of system that rewards those that are afraid to create controversy.

It's a useless system unless you live and die by what others in cyberspace think of you.

This is all just my opinion based on the boards I frequent. The funniest outcome from the whole system is to see those that have over time accumulated points attacking a noob or someone they just don't like.

Several of the boards I visit the most have turned them off. They have found that it is a detriment to a good exchange of ideas and opinions.

edit: After reading the original post I looked for my local number. Not many responses other than those that didn't think the RR joke was funny, must have been liberals that responded to the negative.

Bob Dole
04-01-2007, 08:45 AM
This is all just my opinion based on the boards I frequent. The funniest outcome from the whole system is to see those that have over time accumulated points attacking a noob or someone they just don't like.

Bob Dole was unaware that one could accumulate points by attacking dipshits. Bob Dole has a lot of make-up work to do.

Bwana
04-01-2007, 08:47 AM

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2007, 08:49 AM
It doesn't matter. None of this matters.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Bob Dole was unaware that one could accumulate points by attacking dipshits. Bob Dole has a lot of make-up work to do.Nonononono, he's just saying that it's amusing, to him, to see someone with a high rep total (read: anyone with more than ten posts) give a moron (read: Slick32) negative rep for being a horrible, horrible poster.

Slick32
04-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Bob Dole was unaware that one could accumulate points by attacking dipshits. Bob Dole has a lot of make-up work to do.

That isn't what I was trying to say, but then I'm sure with your number of posts on the board you know exactly what I'm saying.

Noobs that screw up in their first few days/weeks/months of posting just might piss off someone that has been around for a while. If one of them neg reps the noob he goes from +1 to -1. After that the red dots show up and others tend to pile on.

If you are a member of another board using this same software you can see the same type action.

I'm a member of about 12 boards ranging from football to engineering groups. The basic operation of the rep is the same from board to board that allow the practice. Those that don't seem to be more benevolent societies.

Slick32
04-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Nonononono, he's just saying that it's amusing, to him, to see someone with a high rep total (read: anyone with more than ten posts) give a moron (read: Slick32) negative rep for being a horrible, horrible poster.

That's one for the cliques and none for the noobs.

Because you have 37,000+ posts and spend more of your life here you tend to have overcome your horrible, horrible posts that you have made.

See the pattern? If not, it's time to do some investigation around the world of cyberspace.

ChiefsFanatic
04-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Because you have 37,000+ posts and spend more of your life here you tend to have overcome your horrible, horrible posts that you have made.

You have only been here since Feb. 2007. You could not have possibly read all his horrible, horrible posts.

That is just bad form. At least do the research first. Psi deserves your total commitment.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Slick32: NEEEEEEEEERDS! :cuss:

See the pattern?Seriously, you're a te-heh-heeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible poster. Just stop.

Skip Towne
04-01-2007, 09:05 AM
will i get rep if i do?
You will if you don't.

"Bob" Dobbs
04-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I just found it interesting that there seems to be no real rhyme or reason to the rep point system. I've got like 8k rep points, and really no idea how the number got there. According to the mouseover of the rep bar, I ALSO have butt acne or rectal polyps. Do the mouseovers change each 1k or so?

Jenson71
04-01-2007, 09:14 AM
I just found it interesting that there seems to be no real rhyme or reason to the rep point system. I've got like 8k rep points, and really no idea how the number got there. According to the mouseover of the rep bar, I ALSO have butt acne or rectal polyps. Do the mouseovers change each 1k or so?

Yes, but your rectal polyps will last forever.

"Bob" Dobbs
04-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I figured it would. LOL

Slick32
04-01-2007, 09:16 AM
You have only been here since Feb. 2007. You could not have possibly read all his horrible, horrible posts.

That is just bad form. At least do the research first. Psi deserves your total commitment.

You miss the point.

TinyEvel
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
The rep system here works like many other reward systems. The more rep you earn, the more rewards you can redeem.
You'll earn double rep on Sundays and during non-peak travel periods. Selling GRIT or seed packages door to door is one of the easiest ways to get rep, and earn some of these cool prizes:
2- man inflatable raft. RC plane. Minibike (engine not included), hovercrafy, chemistry set, model rocket, 562 piece army man set. etc.
You can also redeem your rep for domestic airfare or stay at any of 193 hotels within the CP network (blackout dates apply)
NOTE: Rep is only cosmetic. It does not create any actual hair regrowth.
You may transfer your rep to timeshare points at one of our over 500 resort properties worldwide, but you'll need to sit through a 4-hour presentation first, which ends with one of our high-pressure sales ambassadors practially holding a gun to your head to buy. But you DO get a free brunch afterwards.
Side effectts of rep may include: feelings of depression, anxiety, dominence, indifference, or vengefulness. All were similar to sugarpill.
See the CP rules and bylaws for more complete information. Your actual rep may vary. Rep level does not actually increase the Chiefs chance of winning, neither may Herm. Rep is a registered trademark of Nuthooks Inc. A Dammit Carl! Subsidiary. MMCLVIII

StcChief
04-01-2007, 11:05 AM
The rep system here works like many other reward systems. The more rep you earn, the more rewards you can redeem.
You'll earn double rep on Sundays and during non-peak travel periods. Selling GRIT or seed packages door to door is one of the easiest ways to get rep, and earn some of these cool prizes:
2- man inflatable raft. RC plane. Minibike (engine not included), hovercrafy, chemistry set, model rocket, 562 piece army man set. etc.
You can also redeem your rep for domestic airfare or stay at any of 193 hotels within the CP network (blackout dates apply)
NOTE: Rep is only cosmetic. It does not create any actual hair regrowth.
You may transfer your rep to timeshare points at one of our over 500 resort properties worldwide, but you'll need to sit through a 4-hour presentation first, which ends with one of our high-pressure sales ambassadors practially holding a gun to your head to buy. But you DO get a free brunch afterwards.
Side effectts of rep may include: feelings of depression, anxiety, dominence, indifference, or vengefulness. All were similar to sugarpill.
See the CP rules and bylaws for more complete information. Your actual rep may vary. Rep level does not actually increase the Chiefs chance of winning, neither may Herm. Rep is a registered trademark of Nuthooks Inc. A Dammit Carl! Subsidiary. MMCLVIII ROFL
REP.

blueballs
04-01-2007, 11:13 AM
a tool used to
find other tools

Reaper16
04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
a tool used to
find other tools
Not bad, actually.