PDA

View Full Version : MLB Predictions for 2007

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Since the season starts today, what is everybody's predictions for 2007.

AL
East - Boston
Central - Minnesota
West - Los Angeles
WC - Cleveland

NL
East - New York
Central - Houston
West - San Diego
WC - Atlanta

AL Playoffs
Minnesota over Los Angeles
Boston over Cleveland

NL Playoffs
Houston over Atlanta
New York over San Diego

ALCS
Boston over Minnesota

NLCS
New York over Houston

World Series
New York over Boston

Demonpenz
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Gordon will win rookie of the year

L.A. Chieffan
04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Dodgers.
Out.

Count Alex's Losses
04-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Buck Showalter left us, so the Rangers are going ALL THE WAY!

OnTheWarpath58
04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Red Sox
Twins
Angels

WC: Tigers

Phillies
Cardinals
Dodgers

WC: Mets

Marlboro_Chief
04-01-2007, 02:01 PM
NL MVP: Albert Pujols 1B, St. Louis
AL MVP: Grady Sizemore OF, Cleveland
NL Cy Young: Jake Peavy SP, San Diego
AL Cy Young: Johan Santana SP, Minnesota
NL ROY: Chris Young OF, Arizona
AL ROY: Dauiske Matsusaka SP, Boston

Senior Circuit

NL West: Arizona
NL Central: Milwaukee
NL East: New York Mets
NL WC: Los Angeles Dodgers

Junior Circuit

AL West: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
AL Central: Cleveland
AL East: Boston
AL WC: New York Yankees

ALCS: Los Angeles Angels over Boston
NLCS: New York Mets over Milwaukee

WS: Mets over Angels in 7 games

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm digging the Met love.

tk13
04-01-2007, 02:09 PM
AL
East - Boston
Central - Detroit
West - Oakland
Wild Card - New York

NL
East - Atlanta
Central - St. Louis
West - Los Angeles
Wild Card - Arizona

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2007, 02:23 PM

The Mets should have won it all last year and would have, if not for injuries to Sanchez & Martinez. That really killed them down the stretch.

I'm still bummed that the new stadium won't have the "Shea" name in it. They could have at least called it "Citi Financial Park at Shea Stadium" but for $20 million per year, Fred let them do whatever that wanted. Bastard!

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Best team in baseball IMO. I love Wright, Beltran, and Reyes.

Simplex3
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm betting it will be long and boring just like every baseball season ever.

JBucc
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
AL
East - Yankees
Central - Twins
West - A's
Wild Card - Tigers

NL
East - Mets
Central - Cards
West - Dodgers
Wild Card - D-backs

And most importantly, the Royals will NOT lose 100.
Report Post | IP: Logged

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 03:10 PM
The Mets should have won it all last year and would have, if not for injuries to Sanchez & Martinez. That really killed them down the stretch.

El Duque too.

I'm still bummed that the new stadium won't have the "Shea" name in it. They could have at least called it "Citi Financial Park at Shea Stadium" but for $20 million per year, Fred let them do whatever that wanted. Bastard!

I wasn't in love with the name at first, but it's not a terrible name. The Citi in Citi Field could be for New York City. :)

L.A. Chieffan
04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Best team in baseball IMO. I love Wright, Beltran, and Reyes.
No pitching. Sick lineup though

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2007, 03:29 PM
And most importantly, the Royals will NOT lose 100.

99?

I predict I'll become even more sick of the constant drooling over the Red Sox and Yankees.

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 03:34 PM
No pitching. Sick lineup though

Nobody dominant, but Glavine and El Duque should be consistent. Maine was very good last year and can definitely repeat that. Pelfrey had a great spring for the most part. Oliver Perez is the wild card. He had a very good spring too. If he can minimize the damage in his bad outings, I think he can put up a 10 win season with an ERA around 4. That'll be good enough for this team.

The bullpen shortens the game a great deal though, especially once Sanchez and Mota return.

Bill Parcells
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
AL EAST: Yankees

AL CENTRAL: White Sox

AL WEST: Angels

AL WC: Red Sox

NL EAST: Phillies

NL CENTRAL: Cardinals

NL WEST: Giants

NL WC: Mets

==========

AL CHAMPS: Yankees

NL CHAMPS: Cardinals

WORLD CHAMPS: NY Yankees

==========

AL MVP: David Ortiz

NL MVP: Ryan Howard

AL CY: Johan Santana

NL CY: Jake Peavy

AL ROTY: Philip Hughes

NL ROTY: Josh Hamilton

AL MOTY: Joe Torre

NL MOTY: Bruce Bochy

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
YEAR OF THE <strike>DEVIL</strike> RAYS

duncan_idaho
04-01-2007, 03:41 PM
AL East - Red Sox
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Rangers
WC - Yankees

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Padres
WC - Mets

ALDS - Red Sox over Rangers, Tigers over Yankees
NLDS - Phillies over Cards, Mets over Pads

ALCS - Red Sox over Tigers
NLCS - Phillies over Mets

WS - Tigers over Phillies

Random predix:
Pujols snubbed for latest flavor-of-week in NL MVP voting again, despite turning in another .320-plus, 40-plus, 120-plus, 100-plus Rs season (and hitting .400 with RISP)

Cubs lead world in solo home runs and still finish fourth in Central. Ted Lilly leads world in HRA.

Daisuke Matsuzaka is THAT good. Wins 18 games with ERA around 3.50. Also leads league in CG (7) and pitches 250 innings.

Buck Showalter hangs it up after Rangers win West.

Phillies' rotation is baseball's best. Mets' rotation is one of baseball's worst, but the lineup carries them to wild card.

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
The Phillies rotation is faaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from baseball's best. Hell, it's the 2nd best in the NL East, behind Florida's.

And while I don't think the Mets rotation is very good, it was actually like 4th in the NL statistically last season. And that was with scrubs like Jose Lima, Jeremi Gonzalez, and Alay Soler making a good number of starts.

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I wasn't in love with the name at first, but it's not a terrible name. The Citi in Citi Field could be for New York City. :)

Yeah, but it's not. It's Citi Financial Service (CitiBank). The Shea's were afraid this was going to happen but they do understand the power of the buck. It's just a shame because Bill Shea was offered 25% ownership in the Mets (just for bringing them to New York) but he turned it down, citing it as his "Civil Responsibility".

There aren't too many people in this country with that kind of character and it's a shame that honor is just disappearing.

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 03:50 PM
They actually compromised. The Mets talked them down to CitiField. They didn't want it to be over the top with it's corporate-ness.

duncan_idaho
04-01-2007, 03:54 PM
The Phillies rotation is faaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from baseball's best. Hell, it's the 2nd best in the NL East, behind Florida's.

And while I don't think the Mets rotation is very good, it was actually like 4th in the NL statistically last season. And that was with scrubs like Jose Lima, Jeremi Gonzalez, and Alay Soler making a good number of starts.

Bret Myers? Hamels? Moyer? Garcia? Eaton? I'll take that over any rotation in the NL, at least.

The Mets' rotation might have been the 4th best in baseball statistically last year, but Pedro is going to spend a LOT of time on the shelf (possibly more than half the season). Glavine will be Glavine, but Oliver Perez will be Oliver Perez, too (which means one brilliant start followed by one where he doesn't make it out of the third). Maine and Pelfrey are young and unproven. El Duque is old. The Mets rotation might not be the worst in the league (exaggerating a little), but it will be the worst among the good teams. Still good enough to win the Wild Card, though.

DaneMcCloud
04-01-2007, 03:55 PM
They actually compromised. The Mets talked them down to CitiField. They didn't want it to be over the top with it's corporate-ness.

I know. But for $20 million a year, Citi could pretty much do anything they want.

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Bret Myers? Hamels? Moyer? Garcia? Eaton? I'll take that over any rotation in the NL, at least.

Myers has a 10 cent head and has yet to put together a great season.

I do think Hamels will be really good. Dunno if he puts it together completely this year, but he'll be a stud eventually.

Jamie Moyer is ancient. He's probably good for a 4.3-5 ERA if he has a good year. He's a back of the rotation pitcher.

I don't think Freddy Garcia has thrown a pitch above 85 MPH since last July. And he's already hurt.

Adam Eaton is awful.

The Marlins rotation is stronger, especially once Josh Johnson comes back. Him, Dontrelle, Scott Olsen, and Anibal Sanchez can all be top of the rotation starters.

The Mets' rotation might have been the 4th best in baseball statistically last year, but Pedro is going to spend a LOT of time on the shelf (possibly more than half the season).

You mean like last season? :p

duncan_idaho
04-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Myers has a 10 cent head and has yet to put together a great season.

I do think Hamels will be really good. Dunno if he puts it together completely this year, but he'll be a stud eventually.

Jamie Moyer is ancient. He's probably good for a 4.3-5 ERA if he has a good year. He's a back of the rotation pitcher.

I don't think Freddy Garcia has thrown a pitch above 85 MPH since last July. And he's already hurt.

Adam Eaton is awful.

The Marlins rotation is stronger, especially once Josh Johnson comes back. Him, Dontrelle, Scott Olsen, and Anibal Sanchez can all be top of the rotation starters.

You mean like last season? :p

Myers DOES have a ten cent head, but don't be fooled by his win total last season. He had a very strong season. He's a workhorse, and anyone who posts an ERA under 4 while pitching half his games in Philly is impressive to me.

Funny, Freddy Garcia was highly effective after last July (in fact, his ERA was almost a run lower than in the first half). The splitter he added late in the season made him a much different -- and better -- pitcher. Moyer was very good with Philly last year (ERA right around 4) and will get guys out until he's 70. Eaton is not awful. He has good stuff and injury problems. He'll be a solid No. 5 if he stays healthy. And that's not even counting Lieber, a solid, underrated performer.

The Marlins have a lot of talented kids, but they're just that. Willis is the only one who is established. The rest are sophomores who have great arms but haven't proven they can be consistent winners. Plus, Johnson might not pitch until July. And the No. 5 starter is a big weakness.

The Marlins' rotation is POTENTIALLY the best around... but it hasn't proven it IS yet.

chiefsfan987
04-01-2007, 05:40 PM
AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Twins
AL West - A's
WC - White Sox

NL East - Mets
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Diamondbacks
WC - Astros

ALDS - Yankees over White Sox, A's over Twins
NLDS - Mets over Astro's, Cardinals over Diamondbacks

ALCS - Yankee's over A's
NLCS - Mets over Cardinals

WS - Yankee's over Mets

HolmeZz
04-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Myers DOES have a ten cent head, but don't be fooled by his win total last season. He had a very strong season. He's a workhorse, and anyone who posts an ERA under 4 while pitching half his games in Philly is impressive to me.

He was actually worse on the road than he was at home. He hasn't put together a true ace year yet.

Moyer was very good with Philly last year (ERA right around 4) and will get guys out until he's 40.

You mean 50? :p

Eaton is not awful. He has good stuff and injury problems.

He's terrible. He's never even posted an ERA under 4, despite playing 6 years in San Diego. His WHIPs have been brutal too. Lieber should be the 5th starter and Eaton should've never been signed.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Why does everyone love the Phillies so much?

What did they add that's so spectacular?

Freddie Garcia will get murdered in that park. Hammels is a walking injury. Myers is a timebomb. So that leaves Moyer and Adam Eaton.

Their lineup, sans Rollins, Utley and Howard is nothing special either.

They have no pen and no chance at anything in the NL.

Lets go Mets!!!!!!!!

Deberg_1990
04-01-2007, 06:17 PM
I predict that MLB will continue to fall farther and farther into obscurity and mediocrity

Halfcan
04-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Yankees all the way and A Rod wins MVP.

Coach
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
NL West: Dodgers
NL Central: Cardinals
NL East: Mets
NL WC: Cubs

AL West: Angels
AL Central: Tigers
AL East: Yankees
AL WC: Red Sox

ALCS: Angels over Boston
NLCS: Mets over Cardinals

WS: Mets over Angels in 5 games.

HolmeZz
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Eaton is not awful.

He's sooooooooooo awful. He puts the 'awful' in awfully awful.

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
He's sooooooooooo awful. He puts the 'awful' in awfully awful.

I'll be sure to bring this back up the first time he has a really good start.

HolmeZz
04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I'll be sure to bring this back up the first time he has a really good start.

The middle of July is a ways away. You might forget by then.