PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Knight

Direckshun
04-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Somebody explain something to me about our situation with Sammy Knight. I'm having an inner dialogue and I'm not too sure how to sort it out.

I understand why we're losing the guy. He's done alright, and would probably be the best SS on our team for the oncoming season, but he's an old descending player and a gigantic cap hit, whereas Pollard isn't much of a step down, majorly ascending, and very young.

But why didn't we trade him somewhere for something? The market isn't terribly ripe for safeties right now; Sammy's probably the best in sheer talent unless I'm missing someone. What he lacks in age he makes up for in experience, and he'd be a fine stop-gap at the position until some team that's hurting at safety can replace him.

Now I've been talking to myself. Teams won't want him because he's a huge cap hit and likely won't restructure, not to mention he'll be a worthless safety in a couple years.

But surely the Chiefs could have worked something out? For a 7th rounder at least? Something's better than nothing. Lord knows older players have been traded.

Would it have been impossible to trade him?

Somebody straighten me out.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2007, 07:19 PM
I like Sammy Knight... even though he's bald. Is that helpful?

Direckshun
04-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I like Sammy Knight... even though he's bald. Is that helpful?
I hear if you open another thread somewhere, you might see something shiny.

Won't tell you which one, though.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I hear if you open another thread somewhere, you might see something shiny.

Won't tell you which one, though.
:)

JimNasium
04-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Sammy is what Sammy is. He's a vet that someone can pick up off waivers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
this is the same team talking about trading their starting QB for the 2nd to last pick of the draft in the 7th round.

some teams seem to be able to make trades .... some don't.

Skip Towne
04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Just curious, who have we gotten in the 7th round in the past who has made the team?

Deberg_1990
04-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Just curious, who have we gotten in the 7th round in the past who has made the team?

Eric Warfield, Dave Szott and Jarrad Page......there have actually been quite a few others as well.....The Chiefs actually do pretty decent in the later rounds of the draft. Now if only they could do better in the 1st and 2nd.

CoMoChief
04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Eric Warfield, Dave Szott and Jarrad Page......there have actually been quite a few others as well.....The Chiefs actually do pretty decent in the later rounds of the draft. Now if only they could do better in the 1st and 2nd.

Warfield sucked.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Warfield sucked.

In relation to where he was drafted he was decent.

Count Zarth
04-01-2007, 08:48 PM
We got outstanding value out of Warfield, yeah. 20 career INTs and 3 TDs out of a 7th rounder? I wish Bartee had given us half that.

Direckshun
04-01-2007, 08:49 PM
So?

Even if we land a dud, we got a chance at something, rather than no chance at anything.

MGRS13
04-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Trade him? He's so old and slow we were stupid to sign him in the first place. I'll be surprised if he makes another team this year.

Rausch
04-01-2007, 11:33 PM
this is the same team talking about trading their starting QB for the 2nd to last pick of the draft in the 7th round.

some teams seem to be able to make trades .... some don't.

True 'dat...

Rausch
04-01-2007, 11:35 PM
We got outstanding value out of Warfield, yeah. 20 career INTs and 3 TDs out of a 7th rounder? I wish Bartee had given us half that.

Indeed. It's not his fault the think-tank overstated his value and ignored his addiction problems...

noa
04-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Jarrad Page changes the discussion. We got a starting safety in the 7th round. We won't get starters from the 7th round every year, but he alone makes a 7th round pick worth thinking twice about.

Rausch
04-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Jarrad Page changes the discussion. We got a starting safety in the 7th round. We won't get starters from the 7th round .

'Zactly.

But Herm does.

Put that in your anti-black-&-kraut hat and smoke it... :)

Halfcan
04-02-2007, 12:00 AM
You had an inner dialogue about Sammy Knight?

Rausch
04-02-2007, 12:04 AM
You had an inner dialogue about Sammy Knight?

It was very short...

Halfcan
04-02-2007, 12:07 AM
I wonder if Sammy Knight appeared as himself-or had a stand in double?

Sammy Haggar was there too- I wonder what the Red Rocker has been up too?? :hmmm:

Rausch
04-02-2007, 12:40 AM
I wonder if Sammy Knight appeared as himself-or had a stand in double?

I doubt he'd have much reason.

stevieray
04-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Trade him? He's so old and slow we were stupid to sign him in the first place. I'll be surprised if he makes another team this year.

I don't remember you being "so" cynical..

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 08:33 AM

The Dolphins?

I'm sure you know that the CHIEFS are ON RECORD requesting a 2nd-round pick.

The only time they've EVER discussed trading their starting QB for the 2nd to last pick of the draft was to tell Miami "no thanks".

Mr. Laz
04-02-2007, 10:43 AM
The Dolphins?

I'm sure you know that the CHIEFS are ON RECORD requesting a 2nd-round pick.

The only time they've EVER discussed trading their starting QB for the 2nd to last pick of the draft was to tell Miami "no thanks".
thus i said "talking about" and not "going to or wanting to"

MGRS13
04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't remember you being "so" cynical..
I always thought it was a bad idea to sign the guy.......if the Chiefs don't make you a little bitter you are probably not paying attention.

htismaqe
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
thus i said "talking about" and not "going to or wanting to"

The Chiefs haven't even "talked" about it.

stevieray
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
.......if the Chiefs don't make you a little bitter you are probably not paying attention.

oh, I know what you're saying, I just don't remember "you" being brutal..maybe I haven't been paying attention... :)

Halfcan
04-02-2007, 01:30 PM
There are a lot worse players that should have been cut before Sammy-the guy played well for us.

go bowe
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
their day will come...

dammit carl! :banghead: