PDA

View Full Version : Iran fears US attack in summer: Israel (Sorry if Repost)

carlos3652
04-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Iran fears US attack in summer: Israel
(Reuters)

1 April 2007

JERUSALEM - Iran is making defensive preparations for what it fears will be a US military attack this summer, Israel’s military intelligence chief said on Sunday.

Major-General Amos Yadlin also told the Israeli cabinet that Lebanon’s Hezbollah guerrillas and Syria believed they could be targeted in any U.S.-initiated war against Iran, an Israeli government official said, briefing reporters on his remarks.

‘What we are seeing is their preparation for the possibility of war in the summer. My assessment is that they are defensive preparations for war,’ Yadlin was quoted as saying, referring to Iran, Syria and Hezbollah.

The government official said Yadlin spoke about Iranian fears of a U.S., not an Israeli, offensive.

The official gave no details about the type of military preparations Yadlin said Iran was making to meet any US attack.

‘We are closely monitoring these preparations because (Iran, Syria and Hezbollah) could misinterpret various moves in the region,’ Yadlin said, according to the official.

In Washington on Thursday, US Undersecretary of State Nicholas Burns said the United States was ‘convinced diplomacy is the way to proceed’ to curb Iran’s nuclear programme.

Burns told the Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee that Washington did not believe conflict with Teheran was inevitable.

The UN Security Council widened sanctions against Iran on March 24 after it defied a second deadline to stop enriching uranium, a process Teheran says will yield solely electricity but world powers fear could be used to build atomic weapons.

Washington and London also accuse Iran of supporting insurgents fighting their forces in Iraq.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2007, 09:09 PM
We should feed into the notion too; kinda like scaring your sibblings on Halloween....

Stupid bastards. :rolleyes:

StcChief
04-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I guess ignoring UN deadlines like Saddam did, taking British service men/women.

This would make you think hey we could get hit.

ChiefsCountry
04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Is this real or another stupid April Fool's joke?

BCD
04-01-2007, 09:18 PM
We should feed into the notion too; kinda like scaring your sibblings on Halloween....

Stupid bastards. :rolleyes:Stupid bastards? You are too kind. Ass sphincters sounds more appropriate... :)

carlos3652
04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Is this real or another stupid April Fool's joke?

Another article, from a different source, for those who doubt... no april fools joke...

Foes preparing defences for summer war: Israel
(AFP)

1 April 2007

JERUSALEM - Israel’s chief of military intelligence warned on Sunday that Hezbollah, Syria and Iran were preparing for a possible attack on Teheran by Israel’s main ally the United States as early as this summer.

Amos Yadlin told the weekly cabinet meeting that Israel’s three principal foes were steeling their defences because they feared a US attack on Iran, a senior official who attended the meeting told AFP.

‘Their preparation is defensive ahead of war,’ the official quoted Yadlin as saying on condition of anonymity. ‘They fear a war initiated by the Americans because they understand that there might be an attack against Iran over the summer, but not by Israel.’

Although Yadlin insisted Israel had no intention of becoming embroiled in such a conflict, he warned that any moves by the Jewish state could be wrongly interpreted by its neighbours as a sign of hostile intent.

‘If the Americans launch an offensive in Iran, Hezbollah and Syria will think the move had been coordinated with Israel and would expect Israel to strike them too,’ another government official at the meeting told AFP.

Yadlin said he feared a repeat of 1967 when sabre-rattling, brinkmanship and miscalculations upset a fragile calm and plunged the region into war.

‘We might again find ourselves in a war no one wanted,’ Yadlin told ministers. ‘Israel must be prepared and make sure its steps will not lead to any miscalculation on the other side.’

‘Israel is closely following developments on this front out of a concern that the three players might misinterpret certain steps taken by Israel,’ Yadlin was quoted as saying.

Yadlin said Hezbollah was abiding by a UN-brokered ceasefire in southern Lebanon, but alleged the Shia militants were busily rearming north of the Litani river -- out of the jurisdiction of UN peacekeepers.

Israel fought a difficult 34-day war against Hezbollah last summer after two soldiers were captured in a cross-border raid. Around 1,200 Lebanese, mostly civilians, and 160 Israelis, mostly soldiers, died in the conflict.

‘Hezbollah has no intention of getting into a second round of conflict,’ Yadlin was quoted as saying. ‘But it is busy rebuilding its forces and has accelerated those efforts for fear of a summer attack.’

On Saturday, Iran’s joint chief of staff warned Arab states neighbouring Israel against what he called a ‘Zionist suicide attack’ this year.

‘The Zionists plan to carry out a suicide plot in the summer,’ the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Major General Hassan Firouzabadi as saying.

He predicted that an Israeli attack would start from Lebanon and Syria and proceed to Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

big nasty kcnut
04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
All we have to do is tell iran if you don't give back the british guys and girl then we will destroy your gas refinery they only have one and if it blows up then iran will have no gas

recxjake
04-01-2007, 09:35 PM
All we have to do is tell iran if you don't give back the british guys and girl then we will destroy your gas refinery they only have one and if it blows up then iran will have no gas

It's a little more complicated then that....

leviw
04-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm I wrong to be deathly afraid of getting involved with Iran?

Tribal Warfare
04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm I wrong to be deathly afraid of getting involved with Iran?

You shouldn't be worried, the Iranian government is scared shitless of us

stlchiefs
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
It's a little more complicated then that....

Damn, I haven't posted on here long, but from my understanding it's a bad thing to agree with Recxjake isn't it?
:hmmm:

Garcia Bronco
04-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Recent history has proven that none of these nations can really fight.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2007, 09:56 PM

No shit. Maybe we've learned though. NEXT time, we just tactical nuke their GD capital...what, "Tehran" or some other gay-ass sounding name, right....and turn it into the biggest glass plate, in the world. Then the rest of those dickweeds now know we mean business, and sell us our damned oil at...what, $45-50 per barrel, to be fair...you know.... :shrug:

Sounds good to me.... ;)

kcmaxwell
04-01-2007, 11:01 PM
"No shit. Maybe we've learned though. NEXT time, we just tactical nuke their GD capital...what, "Tehran" or some other gay-ass sounding name, right....and turn it into the biggest glass plate, in the world. Then the rest of those dickweeds now know we mean business, and sell us our damned oil at...what, $45-50 per barrel, to be fair...you know....

Sounds good to me...."

amen!!
maxwell

Rausch
04-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Iran fears US attack

They should.

After Iraq ANY US President (Dem or Rep) will pull "A Bosnia" and make the war as damaging from long range as possible without groud troups.

And we are perfectly capable of completely ruining $3it from the air...

recxjake
04-01-2007, 11:40 PM
'US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday'

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1173879220977&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FPrinter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jerusalem Post staff and AP, THE JERUSALEM POST Apr. 1, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

According to Russian intelligence sources, the reports said, the US has devised a plan to attack several targets in Iran, and an assault could be carried out by launching missiles from fighter jets and warships stationed in the Persian Gulf.

Russian news agency RIA Novosti quoted a security official as saying, "Russian intelligence has information that the US Armed Forces stationed in the Persian Gulf have nearly completed preparations for a missile strike against Iranian territory."

Iran fears strike by 'warmongers'
THE IRANIAN THREAT
JPost.com special: news, opinion, blogs and more

The Russian Defense Ministry rejected the claims of an imminent attack as "myths." There was no immediate response from Washington.

The reports come as the Iranian chief of staff, Hassan Fayrouz Abadi, was quoted on Saturday by Iran's Fars news agency warning leaders of Arab countries that Israel plans to open a "suicidal attack" on its neighbors this summer, to "prevent the withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq and the area."

"I warn the dear leaders and Muslim brothers in the neighboring countries of the occupied territories that this suicidal attack of the Zionists is threatening them," he said.

The countries in danger, he said, were "Lebanon and Syria, and later Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia."

Also on Saturday, Russia urged Britain and Teheran to resolve the dispute over 15 British sailors and marines captured by Iran last week, a local news agency reported.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin urged the two sides to provide the United Nations with their own assessments as to what happened and where exactly the detention occurred so that the body could conduct an independent probe.

"We hope these actions will provide a foundation for the soonest possible resolution of the crisis," Kamynin was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad insisted that the captured British sailors and marines trespassed in Iranian waters and called world powers "arrogant" for failing to apologize, the country's official news agency reported.

"The British occupier forces did trespass our waters. Our border guards detained them with skill and bravery. But arrogant powers, because of their arrogant and selfish spirit, are claiming otherwise," IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying during a speech in the southeastern city of Andinmeshk.

The European Union grappled with a double bind over Iran Saturday - the country's nuclear program and its seizure of the British troops - and reported no progress on either issue.

A debate about Iran's nuclear ambitions had been scheduled as a key agenda item but "was overshadowed to a certain extent by the issue of the sailors and marines," German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said after hosting a two-day EU foreign ministers meeting in Bremen, Germany.

The Foreign Ministry in Iran dismissed the EU's "biased and meddlesome" comments on the captured troops, saying the dispute solely involved the governments of Iran and Britain.

Speaking to reporters in Bremen, British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett urged Iran to resolve the crisis over the military personnel peacefully, saying London remains open to dialogue.

"We encourage Iran to peacefully resolve this issue," she said.

"We continue to express our willingness to engage in dialogue and discussions with Iran," she added. "That is very much in the best interest of our people and that is our foremost concern."

"I think everyone regrets that this position has arisen," she said. "What we want is a way out of it."

AP contributed to this report.

Rausch
04-01-2007, 11:44 PM
'US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday'

According to Russian intelligence sources, the reports said, the US has devised a plan to attack several targets in Iran, and an assault could be carried out by launching missiles from fighter jets and warships stationed in the Persian Gulf.

Russian news agency RIA Novosti quoted a security official as saying, "Russian intelligence has information that the US Armed Forces stationed in the Persian Gulf have nearly completed preparations for a missile strike against Iranian territory."

Putin is Golem from the LOTR.

He's a ****ing backhanded weasel mother****er...

Saggysack
04-02-2007, 12:49 AM

He's a ****ing backhanded weasel mother****er...

Putin is still KGB spy through and through. No doubt about it.

Rausch
04-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Putin is still KGB spy through and through. No doubt about it.

Far as the Russian (BITE ME: It's all still the CCCP to me) side goes he's a dictator. They see it that way, so should we.

And he mansexed Jr. on international law to develop "rawhead-research."

Non-tested, theoretical-detonation-warheads.

TDW's.

Look it up. We signed to allow antimatter research with the Ruskies. SHARED RESEARCH.

How exactaly does that work?

ChiefFan31
04-02-2007, 01:04 AM
Iran should fear that we will attack them this summer.

All we gotta do is send in Colonel Doug Masters and Chappy Sinclair.

Rausch
04-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Iran should fear that we will attack them this summer.

Should.

But they don't...

ChiefaRoo
04-02-2007, 01:16 AM
I'd hate to disappoint them.

Saggysack
04-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Far as the Russian (BITE ME: It's all still the CCCP to me) side goes he's a dictator. They see it that way, so should we.

And he mansexed Jr. on international law to develop "rawhead-research."

Non-tested, theoretical-detonation-warheads.

TDW's.

Look it up. We signed to allow antimatter research with the Ruskies. SHARED RESEARCH.

How exactaly does that work?

I wouldn't consider him a dictator. More of a new age communist. One that knows his communist roots without Western economic practices would be doomed for failure.

As far as shared research goes, been happening for decades on a variety of things. It's nothing surprising.

MIAdragon
04-02-2007, 08:27 AM

its not the initial conflict that worries me its the "after shocks" that the problem.

KC-TBB
04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
We should have dropped our bombs on all these assholes years ago...acting like they are our friends half the time...NUKE EM YOU PUSSY'S!!!!

Bowser
04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
What would ever cause Iran to have such thoughts?

KCfanfromNC
04-02-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm so sick of this whole Iran crap. Bomb the hell out of their ass and turn that entire crappy country into our own personal parking lot. We don't need to send troops, no casualties needed, just bomb them until they bend over and do what they're told.

carlos3652
04-02-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/03/29/saudi.criticism.ap/index.html

I dont know if this was posted, since it is 4+ days old... but it adds the Saudis to the list...

Saudis on U.S. in Iraq: 'illegitimate foreign occupation'

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) -- King Abdullah's harsh -- and unexpected -- attack on the U.S. military presence in Iraq could be a Saudi attempt to signal to Washington its anger over the situation in Iraq and build credibility among fellow Arabs.

The White House, in a rare public retort Thursday, rejected the king's characterization of U.S. troops in Iraq as an "illegitimate foreign occupation," saying the United States was not in Iraq illegally.

"The United States and Saudi Arabia have a close and cooperative relationship on a wide range of issues," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said. "And when it comes to the coalition forces being in Iraq, we are there under the U.N. Security Council resolutions and at the invitation of the Iraqi people."

"We disagree with them," Undersecretary of State Nicholas Burns told senators. "We were a little surprised to see those remarks."

The king made his remarks Wednesday at the opening session of the two-day Arab summit his country hosted in Riyadh. It was believed to be the first time the king publicly expressed that opinion.

RP_McMurphy
04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
As a Navy person with much operations experience I see some signs that Central Command is thinking about Tomahawks. Today on the west coast the USS Nimitz (CVN-68) is deploying with her battle group. She is bringing along 5 Tomahawk shooters which is actually more than normal. I read that today and noticed it and went hmmm.

boogblaster
04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Nuke the whole fricking reigon...let God sort em out ....

GoHuge
04-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm so sick of this whole Iran crap. Bomb the hell out of their ass and turn that entire crappy country into our own personal parking lot. We don't need to send troops, no casualties needed, just bomb them until they bend over and do what they're told.I think this is one that alot of Americans would be behind if we where entrenched in Iraq. I still say smoke' em. This shit is getting old and where looking like a bunch of pussies.

Calcountry
04-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm I wrong to be deathly afraid of getting involved with Iran?Certainly. It is a war we have no business getting involved in in the first place. They have no weapons of mass destruction, they were not involved in 9/11, they don't harbor terrorists, nor do they give aid and comfort to any terrorist organization. There are peace loving folks, who just want to enjoy the low cost benefits of newk you lar power.

StcChief
04-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Certainly. It is a war we have no business getting involved in in the first place. They have no weapons of mass destruction, they were not involved in 9/11, they don't harbor terrorists, nor do they give aid and comfort to any terrorist organization. There are peace loving folks, who just want to enjoy the low cost benefits of newk you lar power.

Run by a wacko that doesn't believe the Holacost in WWII ever happend to the Jews there and Wants to wipe Isreal from the earth.

But other than that Iran is a peaceful people ruled by a terrorist supported state. Low cost Nuke power.... The sitting on Oil what more could they want.

Calcountry
04-02-2007, 05:17 PM

He's a ****ing backhanded weasel mother****er...ROFL my precious.

grandllama
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Without reading the whole thread, and paraphrasing Mr. Stewart from last night...

...We may not be great at 'nation building', but we have proven ourselves at nation destroying....

Bring it on ****ers.....

grandllama
04-02-2007, 07:38 PM
I think this is one that alot of Americans would be behind if we where entrenched in Iraq. I still say smoke' em. This shit is getting old and where looking like a bunch of pussies.

Not to mention that many Americans still remember this dipshit country making Mr. Carter and the country as a whole look like a bunch of hippie peace loving no goodnincks...

Bomb the ****ers... if not for now, for taking our hostages.... better late than never. No nation building, just a glass parking lot.

Mr. Kotter
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
What would ever cause Iran to have such thoughts?
Eh, because they are stupid, paranoid, and psychotic son-of-a-bitches? :shrug:

Pants
04-02-2007, 11:31 PM
If you don't think Iran is afraid of US, you need to pass whatever the **** you're smoking my way. Even with the Russians selling their technology to Iran, it would take just a little more than it did in Iraq. Iran would get stomped in any conflict with the US.

I don't think any kind of a large scale war will happen. Although I did see 10 jets exercising over K-10 on my way to Lawrence yesterday.

ChiefFan31
04-03-2007, 02:08 AM
As a Navy person with much operations experience I see some signs that Central Command is thinking about Tomahawks. Today on the west coast the USS Nimitz (CVN-68) is deploying with her battle group. She is bringing along 5 Tomahawk shooters which is actually more than normal. I read that today and noticed it and went hmmm.

Interesting. I did read that the Nimitz did leave the Harbor this morning, but did not know about the extra Tomahawks :)

StcChief
04-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Still waiting for a "line in the sand" speech from Whacko in Iran.