PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah = Awesome

Saulbadguy
04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
He is great. Not only is he a great basketball player, but he is also... hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub66nXzaG0U

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
His mom is a former Miss Sweden. Out of Redrum's league.

Thig Lyfe
04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
He's one ugly mofo, but that was awesomely funny.

"What a bad person."

Saulbadguy
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
The classic Joakim Noah dancing to the UF fight song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4&mode=related&search=

DaKCMan AP
Noah is a quote-machine. He's always got something funny to say and has an amazing personality. Some of his quotes are Shaq-esque.

PunkinDrublic
I don't know who to root for. You don't want to see Florida get all those Championships yet I hate the Buckeyes too.

DaKCMan AP
04-02-2007, 05:34 PM
BTW, here's a better version of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFULzo3kdbU

Saulbadguy
04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p2isec-55Q

Hilarious

KcMizzou
04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Heh... I can't help but like the guy.

Bearcat
04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Noah is a quote-machine. He's always got something funny to say and has an amazing personality. Some of his quotes are Shaq-esque.

Here's to Florida winning by 70.. :toast:

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 05:41 PM
That is a lot closer to mildly amusing than it is to hilarious. Settle down, Saul.

DaKCMan AP
04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

Although I thought his quote later in the interview was better than the dance.

On whether Florida deserved a #1 seed:

"It don't matter. It don't matter. It's yours against mine and we'll see who gets it."

Ok..off to the party and then down to University Ave to celebrate after the game. :D

Crashride
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I dont know if hell be any good in the NBA though. Then again I could careless because I hate the NBA now

Simply Red
04-02-2007, 06:10 PM
:) I am not fond of him. But his Father was something special. And no I'm not talking about Luke, GoChiefs.

vailpass
04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I went to a Florida game about 8 years ago as the guest of a business associate.
From my experience the majority of Gator fans are real-life rednecks with a pretty fair smattering of hicks mixed in amongst them. Most of the folks I met were nice but spoke with such a drawl I could only understand every fourth word they said.
Pretty girls though.

Did anyone see the t-shirt with a picture of Noah and the caption "Florida Chicks are Ugly"? Funny stuff.

Ari Chi3fs
04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
I dont care who wins tonight, as long as its not DaKCMan AP.

chagrin
04-02-2007, 06:35 PM
all I know is, he is a great college player, much like Kalid el-amin or Mateen Cleaves, the guy has absolutely no defense and will not make a good NBA player, but I think he is a great college player.

chagrin
04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I dont care who wins tonight, as long as its not DaKCMan AP.

Amen, there's objective fans and then there's him

KcMizzou
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Ok..off to the party and then down to University Ave to celebrate after the game. :D
:mad:

This or "THE" Ohio State University. :rolleyes:

It's like Raiders vs. Broncos.

Simply Red
04-02-2007, 06:59 PM
DAK is actually okay. We all have our favorites.

vailpass
04-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Classic:

"It don't matter. It don't matter. It's yours against mine and we'll see who gets it."

Sheer genius, this quote raises the bar of Florida education to an all time high and harkens back to the immortal words of the bard Moses Malone: "Fo, fo fo."

DJay23
04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I dont know if hell be any good in the NBA though. Then again I could careless because I hate the NBA now
I can't wait till he goes pro so I'll never hear from him again. He'll ride the bench for the rest of his life. Not that I pay attention to the NBA anyway, but at least they won't talk about him on Sportscenter or PTI.

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
He's a big man with solid passing skills, at worst he's a solid role player in the NBA.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-02-2007, 09:20 PM
So what was hilarious about any of that? If a KU player said the stuff he did they'd just be called arrogant pricks.

Noah = Gay

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Noah sucks so much his team is going to win back to back titles.......man what a horrid player.

crazycoffey
04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
So what was hilarious about any of that? If a KU player said the stuff he did they'd just be called arrogant pricks.

Noah = Gay

that's because KU players are arrogant pricks..... :p

I take it Florida won.?.?.?.?.?.?.?

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 09:25 PM

Noah = Gay
I didn't think it was funny either. And he sure ain't awesome.

KcMizzou
04-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Nah, you've got it all wrong. It's not the players, it's the fans.

:)

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Why is it when a player shows personality these days everyone piles on and hates on the guy?

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Why is it when a player shows personality these days everyone piles on and hates on the guy?
Why is it when eveyone on the board thinks it's black you think it's white?

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Uh what's wrong with Noah?

And this thread was about the funny things Noah has said and done, and people came in acting like he was a douche. Don't even remotely act like it's everyone and me.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-02-2007, 09:30 PM
that's because KU players are arrogant pricks..... :p

I take it Florida won.?.?.?.?.?.?.?
Hell I don't know. Does it matter? I'm watching the Angels and Rangers.

Bearcat
04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Why is it when eveyone on the board thinks it's black you think it's white?

OJ Mayo.

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 09:33 PM

And this thread was about the funny things Noah has said and done, and people came in acting like he was a douche. Don't even remotely act like it's everyone and me.
He is a douche and don't even remotely deny your recalcitrance. You do it over and over and over.

Saulbadguy
04-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Nothing.

KU fans hate it when schools like Florida become more elite than them at basketball, so it is natural for them to hate a player like that.

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Nothing.

KU fans hate it when schools like Florida become more elite than them at basketball, so it is natural for them to hate a player like that.

Because he knows how to show up when it counts unlike Julian "Turnover" Wright?

Saulbadguy
04-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Because he knows how to show up when it counts unlike Julian "Turnover" Wright?
Noah didn't really show up tonight, though. If I saw Noah's line before the game I would have thought Florida lost.

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:38 PM
That's just a really good team, they didn't need Noah to carry them and they have 3 high NBA picks in thier starting lineup so that happens. He was great last year, and even while not playing his best game he does what he needs to do, and doesn't kill his team.

I just think it's hilarious for anyone to hate on a guy for showing some personality.

Mr. Kotter
04-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Nothing.

I like Noah. I think he'll be a good NBA role player. I enjoy his personality.

So much for your generalization....eh? ;)

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Nothing.

Let's see how long they stay elite. Get back to me in about 50 years to see if they have caught us.

Mecca
04-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Floridas 2 is more than KU has in the last 20+ years.......who's elite?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Nothing.

ROFL

That's good. Could it be that Noah just isn't the comedic god you think he is? He's a goon. Yes, he's a good, probably great college player. So what. I don't hate him because his team is a winner, he's just not funny as advertised.

So I'm a KU fan. So I love my team and believe that are great. So sue me. Some teams were better in this years tourney. You can call me an asshole KU fan, or blind, or jealous or whatever. The one thing you can't call me or Skip or any other KU fan is untrue to their team. We're KU all the way, win or lose. We can't help it that K-State is a pretender compared to us.

Cochise
04-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Nothing.

truth

KChiefs1
04-02-2007, 09:51 PM
KU has two titles too....eventhough it has taken them 55 years to get theirs while Florida did it in two years.

Bearcat
04-02-2007, 09:53 PM
KU has two titles too....eventhough it has taken them 55 years to get theirs while Florida did it in two years.

From the Dumbest Stat of the Day file.

What about, they've both been to 3 Final Fours in the past 7 years, and one actually has something to show for it.

Dumbshits.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Nothing.

K-State fans only have their KU penis envy to keep them warm at night so it's not surprising they latch onto the flavor of the moment to make themselves feel better about their NIT losing team.

Spott
04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't see anything wrong with the guy. At least he's not a thug and is not into all kinds of trouble like a lot of other young athletes.

Spott
04-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Nothing.

Which is exactly why they hate Duke & UNC so much.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-02-2007, 09:58 PM
At least he's not a thug and is not into all kinds of trouble like a lot of other young athletes.
I'll give you that one.

Skip Towne
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
K-State fans only have their KU penis envy to keep them warm at night so it's not surprising they latch onto the flavor of the moment to make themselves feel better about their NIT losing team.
Don't forget their sparkling record against KU in Bramlage. If I were a KSU fan I would be hiding under the bed not smarting off on a message board.

KCChiefsMan
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I cannot stand that dude

BWillie
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I really don't see how this is funny? Am I missing something?

Crashride
04-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I really don't see how this is funny? Am I missing something?

Probably just the fact that he showed a personality instead of using the same ol player speak like everyone else.

DaneMcCloud
04-02-2007, 11:34 PM

I go to Lakers, Clippers, USC & UCLA football, basketball and volleyball games and have season tickets to the Dodgers. I have never heard ONE person complain when a player exhibits personality or exuberance. The only people that I've ever encountered that have a problem with "personality" are people in this forum.

For example, there's a huge difference between a true thug like Artest and a kid like Noah (or OJ Mayo) but I can't understand why so many members here seem to see them equally.

Maybe it's the lack of NBA Basketball in Kansas City (or the Midwest, in general) and interest in that sport? :shrug:

Mecca
04-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I go to Lakers, Clippers, USC & UCLA football, basketball and volleyball games and have season tickets to the Dodgers. I have never heard ONE person complain when a player exhibits personality or exuberance. The only people that I've ever encountered that have a problem with "personality" are people in this forum.

For example, there's a huge difference between a true thug like Artest and a kid like Noah (or OJ Mayo) but I can't understand why so many members here seem to see them equally.

Maybe it's the lack of NBA Basketball in Kansas City (or the Midwest, in general) and interest in that sport? :shrug:

I've pretty much come to realize people that live in this area tend to hate anyone that has any sort of showmanship or personality.

They want guys to be blue collar work hard not say much........and basically everyone to be boring.

SPchief
04-02-2007, 11:57 PM

Wait, you live in California? I would have never guessed it.

DaneMcCloud
04-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Wait, you live in California? I would have never guessed it.

Thanks for your insight into this topic.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Halfcan
04-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Noah Webster kicked ass too. He had a way with words.

JBucc
04-03-2007, 08:00 AM
http://photos-737.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v67/123/68/501309144/n501309144_24737_8861.jpg

El Jefe
04-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Noah is an idiot. He needs to shut up more and listen, he got owned in the Championship game unless you want to count his free throws, his draft stock dropped dramatically its pretty bad when we have the worst defender on the team guarding you and you still cant score. Props to Florida they beat us again and were the better team and they deserve their respect.

Brock
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM

Yeah, the NBA can't buy a rating even in their championship series, but it's the midwest that's the problem.

vailpass
04-03-2007, 10:21 AM

Do you get beat up a lot?
I can see where your mangina act might elicit that response in daily life.