PDA

View Full Version : Trent reports for offseason workouts

BigRock
04-03-2007, 03:36 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/17017243.htm

Take note, Jared Allen. If we got 5 first round picks for Trent, I think part of me would still be sad to see him go.

The Chiefs started their off-season conditioning program on Monday, and Green was one of the participants. Edwards said last week Green would be excused.

Thats Trent, Edwards said Monday. Thats what you love about the guy. Hes a pro. Hes still with us. Hes still on the Chiefs roster. He should be here. Hes still with us. Until something happens, hes a Chief.

Fruit Ninja
04-03-2007, 03:39 AM
Thats pretty bold of Trent. You have to respect that.

ChiefaRoo
04-03-2007, 03:46 AM
I love Trent he's dreamy. I don't care if he can't throw the ball further than 40 yards without it turning into a fluttering duck.

kcmaxwell
04-03-2007, 04:45 AM
trully the guy is all class... it may be time for him to go, but i agree that i will be sorry to see him go...
maxwell

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Wow, didnt expect that. Dont really know why you would come in considering when you know youre not gonna be with the team past June at the latest.

Believer
04-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Trent is all class. One time he tried to throw his coach under the bus, but the coach got tipped in the air and was intercepted.

chagrin
04-03-2007, 06:28 AM
Herm's a dipshit, I just hate the way he flip flops on everything he says - "Trent will be excused from our offseason conditioning" (Trent shows up) "uh..yeah guys, what can you say that's Trent, he's a Chief and that's why he's here - we love Trent"

dipshit

CrazyHorse
04-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Herm's a dipshit, I just hate the way he flip flops on everything he says - "Trent will be excused from our offseason conditioning" (Trent shows up) "uh..yeah guys, what can you say that's Trent, he's a Chief and that's why he's here - we love Trent"

dipshit

Um...........what?

That was an overreaction.

StcChief
04-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Why wouldn't he be there? why hold out. He's a gamer.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Gotta love the guy, BUT...Brodie is our guy.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Tennessee would have kicked him out.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Solid Move by Trent, Nothing like putting pressure on the weasel coach...

Trent has more class in his pinky finger than Carl and the Coach both have combined!

Trent you are the man... We appreciate all you have done, Now be the stand up guy you are and kick Huard in the nuts and help Brodie

Fish
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Trent has more class in his pinky finger than Carl and the Coach both have combined!

Trent you are the man... We appreciate all you have done, Now be the stand up guy you are and kick Huard in the nuts and help Brodie

I've got to agree with you... Trent is doing everything he needs to do to be a starting QB this year.... here or elsewhere... and almost making Herm look like an ass in the process...

chagrin
04-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Um...........what?

No, I won't deny I don't overreact, but I still think Herm's a dipshit when it comes to public speaking, it's an observation dude :rolleyes:

chagrin
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM

I agree with this completely

NewChief
04-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Um...........what?

I think the point was the contradiction of Herm's two statements: one day he says that Trent will be excused and won't be there. Another he says, "Trent should be here."

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
ROFL

Trent showing up doesn't reflect on Herm one bit. But have fun trying to turn it into something it isn't.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 09:16 AM
I think the point was the contradiction of Herm's two statements: one day he says that Trent will be excused and won't be there. Another he says, "Trent should be here."

What do you want him to say?

He's right, Trent is under contract, he SHOULD be there. But the team was doing the right thing by excusing him.

Trent is the consummate professional and decided to show up.

Nothing wrong with any of it.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:17 AM
ROFL

Trent showing up doesn't reflect on Herm one bit. But have fun trying to turn it into something it isn't.

What it really shows is what kind of a person Trent is personally and professionally...

He is taking advantage of his opportunities, while putting pressure on the organization.

Only good can come of this for the Chiefs... To bad Trent has to deal with a dumbed down clown offense..

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Chiefs fans are such whiny bitches. They're never happy.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:22 AM

Good Morning Mr. Pot, Meet Mr. Kettle...

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 09:23 AM
If Trent is willing to restructure his contract, we are better served keeping him. Getting a low round pick for him is absurd. We are already taking a major cap hit and no proven QB to fill in. The more I think about this, the more, I don't like the way the organization is handling it. Why does Herm feel it necessary to have a different QB?

Brock
04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
We are already taking a major cap hit and no proven QB to fill in. The more I think about this, the more, I don't like the way the organization is handling it. Why does Herm feel it necessary to have a different QB?

The Chiefs aren't taking a major cap hit by trading Green, they're taking one by keeping him. Secondly, what difference does it make whether Green is here or not? You think he's going to lead this team to the Super Bowl or something?

Christofire
04-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Trent's a classy guy, but he's also doing what's best for him: getting himself in shape for the upcoming season, regardless of what team he plays for.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
The Chiefs aren't taking a major cap hit by trading Green, they're taking one by keeping him. Secondly, what difference does it make whether Green is here or not? You think he's going to lead this team to the Super Bowl or something?Funny how you left out the part where I mentioned Trent restructuring.

Don't even pull that crap. You're twisting what was actually said. How convient.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:40 AM
If Trent is willing to restructure his contract, we are better served keeping him. Getting a low round pick for him is absurd. We are already taking a major cap hit and no proven QB to fill in. The more I think about this, the more, I don't like the way the organization is handling it. Why does Herm feel it necessary to have a different QB?

Because Trent is a Pro Bowl QB with a vastly superior knowledge of an offensive game plan and a Coach who is a first rate knuckle head when it comes to running an offense.

This is could be a case where the boss doesnt like his subordinates having a greater knowledge than him.

Plus Trent is 37, we really, seriously need to get Brodie all the snaps we can... Trent nor Huard is going to lead this team to the Superbowl the next 3 - 4 years, and yes we are 3 - 4 years out.

Brock
04-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Funny how you left out the part where I mentioned Trent restructuring.

Don't even pull that crap. You're twisting what was actually said. How convient.

Why don't you explain to me how the chiefs are taking a "major cap hit" by trading Green?

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 09:41 AM
What it really shows is what kind of a person Trent is personally and professionally...

That's the ONLY thing it shows.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
GoChiefs = Chiefs fan

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:44 AM
That's the ONLY thing it shows.

Your sure? You sure we cant make this into a bigger deal than neccessary?

You know us Chiefs fans, we can make a mountian our of a mole hill!

kc-nd
04-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Trent is already scouting the Chiefs for when his Browns or Dolphins play them in the pre-season, season or playoffs. He's smart.

Direckshun
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Some people look at a glass half full, other people will just take a glance at it and pronounce Herm Edwards is an idiot.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Trent is doing what he needs to be doing. & Edwards is doing to this team what needs to be done

~I hope Trent stays

Mr. Plow
04-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Trent is already scouting the Chiefs for when his Browns or Dolphins play them in the pre-season, season or playoffs. He's smart.

Not a lot of scouting is needed. Run, Run, Run, Punt. Run, Run, Pass, Punt. Rinse, repeat.

crazycoffey
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Some people look at a glass half full, other people will just take a glance at it and pronounce Herm Edwards is an idiot.

ROFL

Yup, Trent is a Class act, I hope the best for him. This shows how classy he is, he knows he probably won't be here next year and still he shows up to work out. The organization is showing it's class too, like it or not, because they are letting him come work out. (I seem to remember last year this time the ravens shut the door on Steve McNair.....)

Micjones
04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Trent's a classy guy, but he's also doing what's best for him: getting himself in shape for the upcoming season, regardless of what team he plays for.

Exactly...

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Trent is just selfish. He's a narcissist. He wants to keep his great figure, so of course he's using the Chiefs' workout facilities. Screw paying for 24-Hour Fitness.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
ROFL

Yup, Trent is a Class act, I hope the best for him. This shows how classy he is, he knows he probably won't be here next year and still he shows up to work out. The organization is showing it's class too, like it or not, because they are letting him come work out. (I seem to remember last year this time the ravens shut the door on Steve McNair.....)
They aren't letting him work out. They said he was excused to miss the off-season workout. It's the same thing as Tennessee and McNair, but without the big deal being made out of it.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Why don't you explain to me how the chiefs are taking a "major cap hit" by trading Green?
Whether we retain and him or trade him, there will be a cap hit. His signing bonus will be pro-rated out the next two years.

AGAIN, if he's WILLING to restructure(like has been reported, he is),why don't WE keep him at the re-structured salary?? :hmmm:

Green is being shown the door out of the organization. It's very clear.

crazycoffey
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
They aren't letting him work out. They said he was excused to miss the off-season workout. It's the same thing as Tennessee and McNair, but without the big deal being made out of it.

I'm sorry, I didn't read the part where they locked him out of the practice facility so he could not work out.

excusing him from conditioning is because they are trying to shop him, if they made him report and he got hurt it's their fault, if they excuse him then it's his......

bringbackmarty
04-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I saw trent at my sons ff game on sat. he was coaching his sons team on an adjacent field. Both of games ended at the same time and as we were walking to our respective cars at about the same time we spoke. I introduced myself to him, told him I was a huge fan, and said thanks for being such a great quarterback and citizen. I was wearing my Dobbs "rogue" straw hat with the brim pulled down, and he commented that I looked like a young Tom Landry. He then said he thought when he first saw me during the game that I might be a reporter, but then he saw me running up and down the sidelines cheering on my kid. Anyways he was real pleasant, signed a 'graph for my kid. I hope we work it out to keep him.

crazycoffey
04-03-2007, 11:47 AM
I saw trent at my sons ff game on sat.

Cool, thanks for sharing. That's neat that you got to speak with him for a little while.

All I can say is I live a few blocks away from where he went to high school

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Whether we retain and him or trade him, there will be a cap hit. His signing bonus will be pro-rated out the next two years.

AGAIN, if he's WILLING to restructure(like has been reported, he is),why don't WE keep him at the re-structured salary?? :hmmm:

When was it reported he was willing to restructure? That could very well be something that was floated by the Chiefs to increase his trade value.

Brock
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM

First off, why would he agree to restructure? He has no motivation to do that. Secondly, if he doesn't restructure, trading him results in about 700k savings against the cap. Third, the Chiefs are not up against the salary cap, nor will they be this year.

I like Trent, but it's time to face facts: It doesn't matter whether he is here or not, the team is being built for 2 or 3 years down the road. His terrific abilities that he may or may not have anymore aren't going to push this team over the top.

Phobia
04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I saw trent at my sons ff game on sat. he was coaching his sons team on an adjacent field. Both of games ended at the same time and as we were walking to our respective cars at about the same time we spoke. I introduced myself to him, told him I was a huge fan, and said thanks for being such a great quarterback and citizen. I was wearing my Dobbs "rogue" straw hat with the brim pulled down, and he commented that I looked like a young Tom Landry. He then said he thought when he first saw me during the game that I might be a reporter, but then he saw me running up and down the sidelines cheering on my kid. Anyways he was real pleasant, signed a 'graph for my kid. I hope we work it out to keep him.

I think you should change your name to bringbacktrent, Mr. Landry.

NewChief
04-03-2007, 12:11 PM
What do you want him to say?

He's right, Trent is under contract, he SHOULD be there. But the team was doing the right thing by excusing him.

Trent is the consummate professional and decided to show up.

Nothing wrong with any of it.

I don't care one way or the other. I was just trying to explain the guy's statement that Herm contradicted himself. I'm not reading anything into it.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't care one way or the other. I was just trying to explain the guy's statement that Herm contradicted himself. I'm not reading anything into it.

The minute Trent Green, who had been excused from workouts, showed up, Herm lost the ability to contradict himself.

The act of Trent arriving is the contradiction, in and of itself.

Phobia
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I think the Chiefs excused him because if he were to be injured during these workouts the Chiefs would have to reach an injury settlement with him and also would receive no compensation for him.

I have nothing against Trent Green despite some of my statements about him on this site, but I really think the Chiefs should either get a waiver signed by him or preferably ban him from the facilities.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I think the Chiefs excused him because if he were to be injured during these workouts the Chiefs would have to reach an injury settlement with him and also would receive no compensation for him.

I have nothing against Trent Green despite some of my statements about him on this site, but I really think the Chiefs should either get a waiver signed by him or preferably ban him from the facilities.

Yep.

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
It would be fitting if Trent's career ended with an injury in the weight room.

Chiefnj
04-03-2007, 12:27 PM

When the Titans did this they were declared racists.

The situation must be very awkward for Herm. I love it.

StcChief
04-03-2007, 12:29 PM

Yeah. if Chiefs are worried about trade value, injury settlement compensation... a waiver is in order.

Obviously they can't be that worried or this would have been addressed.

Concussion related anurism (sp?)

ct
04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
It would be fitting if Trent's career ended with an injury in the weight room.

WTF is wrong with you, serously?

ct
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Contrast these 2 entries on Rotoworld's player tidbits...

Al Wilson-LB-Broncos Apr. 3 - 10:39 am et

Al Wilson didn't show up to the start of offseason workouts in Denver.

The team says they haven't told Wilson to stay away. He can still make up missed sessions and collect a workout bonus, but may be frustrated with the organization after they tried to deal their captain.
Source: Rocky Mountain News

Trent Green-QB-Chiefs Apr. 3 - 10:28 am et

Trent Green showed up for offseason workouts in Kansas City.

Most players that are on the trading block stay away, but Green is a seasoned pro and wants to stay in shape. Green is highly unlikely to be a Chief come May.
Source: Kansas City Star

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Trading for Trent Green is next step for Browns
Jeff Schudel JSchudel@News-Herald.com
03/25/2007
Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly
Commentary

Advertisement

Last week, we suggested the Browns trade their second-round pick in the next two drafts to Atlanta for unproven but promising quarterback Matt Schaub.
A couple days later, the Texans did exactly that, plus they agreed to swap positions in the first round of the draft this year.
The Falcons made out in the deal, but as far as the Browns are concerned, all that matters is another quarterback is off the market.
Never afraid to tell General Manager Phil Savage how to do his job, we will again advise him about improving at quarterback.
He should trade for Chiefs quarterback Trent Green.
The Chiefs chose to re-sign Damon Huard, who otherwise would have been a free agent March 2. Green is still under contract to Kansas City. He is scheduled to make $7.2 million in base salary this season.
The Chiefs could wind up keeping both veterans, but they would prefer trading Green, and Green would like to go to a team that would make him the starter. His preference is Miami because he is close to Dolphins coach Cam Cameron.
If Green would enjoy playing for Cameron, the offensive coordinator for the Chargers from 2002-2006, he could find it in his heart to get excited about playing for Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski, the Chargers' tight ends coach the last two years.
Plus, Green had good chemistry with Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez. Working with Kellen Winslow Jr. would be an easy transition.
Green would not have to approve a trade, but a team acquiring him WOULD WANT TO RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT, and Green would be more WILLING TO REWORK A DEAL if he is happy in his new home.
Reportedly, the Dolphins are offering Kansas City a seventh-round draft choice for Green. The Chiefs want more.
So far, the Dolphins are the only team hot for Green, but that could change this week at the owners' meetings being held in Phoenix, starting today. The Lions are weighing their options to acquire Green, who missed eight games last season recovering from a concussion.
The 2006 season was not a good one for Green. He completed 121 of 198 passes for 1,342 yards while throwing seven touchdowns and nine interceptions. Prior to that, however, playing for Dick Vermeil in Kansas City, he had three straight 4,000-yard seasons and during that span threw 29 more interceptions than touchdowns.
The Browns should offer Kansas City a fifth-round pick in this draft or, if the Chiefs prefer, a fifth-round pick in 2008 that could become a fourth-round pick if Green passes for 4,000 yards.
Green would be an instant starter with the Browns - or should be. Charlie Frye off the bench in spot situations would give him good support.
Green will turn 37 in training camp, so he is not a long-term solution. But he would be a huge improvement over what the Browns have now. And if they have no intention of drafting Brady Quinn, they could stabilize the shakiest part of the offense with a proven winner.
Plan B would be to sign David Carr. Carr, following the rocky path traveled by Tim Couch starting in 1999 in Cleveland, was the first player taken by Houston in the 2002 draft. Carr had more to work with than Couch did, but he did not produce, so the Texans moved on to Schaub.
Unlike Couch, whose right arm was limp spaghetti by the time Butch Davis cut him, Carr, 28, is still healthy - a remarkable fact given the fact he was sacked 249 times in five seasons.
A change of scenery could be all Carr needs. The Browns, though, are not in position to coax Carr back to being the slinger he was at Fresno State.
The Browns have to win now for the sake of their fans, their coach, their general manager and their owner.
That is why Savage should make a strong push for Green.

Count Alex's Losses
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I pity Green. He's going to end up a broken shell of a player behind any of these pathetic offensive lines.

StcChief
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Trent may not see any future with likes of the Browns.
but the gamer in him would make him try it.

BigChiefFan
04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I pity Green. He's going to end up a broken shell of a player behind any of these pathetic offensive lines.
The Browns O-Line is better than you think. They get LeCharles Bentley back this year, which should help and they don't have Jordan Black as a starting LT-huge improvement there.

Direckshun
04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Tony G torched Winslow last year.

booger
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
GoChiefs = Chiefs fan
I still think he is Broncurious

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I still think he is Broncurious

ROFL ROFL ROFL

booger