PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget: The Shield's back tonight on FX

keg in kc
04-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Just a friendly reminder.

It seems to be running a little under the radar for some reason. Or maybe that's just me.

Baby Lee
04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
WhenTF is FX going to go HD somewhere?

Love The Shield, Rescue Me, The Riches, wish they were HD.

Lzen
04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh, thank you. I forgot when it was supposed to start back up again.

Uncle_Ted
04-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Definitely been under the radar for me ... especially since I haven't been watching F/X lately. Thanks for the info!

chagrin
04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Under the Radar because, IMO the storyline has really gone sour, but again that's just my opinion. I miss Seasons 1, 2 - 3 was "eh" and I havenb't watched since, except a few episodes. I might be interested to check it out this season, but I odn't know.

keg in kc
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Last season was really good. What's starting tonight is actually the second half of it.

2008 will be be the last season (7).

Bowser
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Props, keg. Forgot all about this.

Iowanian
04-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the new season of "deadliest catch" starts tonight as well.

awesome.

BigRock
04-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Yessss. It's about time this came back. I can't believe they bumped it back for that piece of crap "Dirt".

Knob
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I can't wait to see how the shield pans out in the end. I hope Vic ends up okay. No jail time. Sopranos end this year also. What to watch. Ohwell.

Thanks for the headzup. :)

Deberg_1990
04-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Under the Radar because, IMO the storyline has really gone sour, but again that's just my opinion. I miss Seasons 1, 2 - 3 was "eh" and I havenb't watched since, except a few episodes. I might be interested to check it out this season, but I odn't know.

I really enjoyed season 4 with Glenn Close as well. I didnt watch it at all last season.....

Has it suddenly gotten worse??

keg in kc
04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
It was great last season. Forest Whitaker came on board as an IA investigator shooting for Vic. One of the team died in the finale (that's as non-spoiler as I can lay it out, if you watch tonight, you'll see what happened in the recap at the beginning I'm sure), which is what this season's going to be about.

Lzen
04-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I really enjoyed Glen Close, too. I absolutely couldn't stand the Kavanaugh character. I'm so glad that he's gone. I was annoyed at the beginning of this season to find out that he would still be part of the show. Now it looks like it will be centered around Vic and his replacement.

Gotta say that it didn't bother me to see Guardo get beaten to a pulp. Nor did it bother me when Vic ended him. Perhaps too much television violence has de-sensitized me?

Chiefnj
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
The interaction between Billings and Dutch last night was fantastic. Last night's episode was excellent and a great rebound from a horrible 2nd episode.

rad
04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Man, I thought this said "Will Shields back on FX"

That was vierd.

keg in kc
05-09-2007, 12:44 AM
"If I see you again, I will kill you."

Might be the best show on the air right now.

chagrin
05-09-2007, 06:09 AM
They are supposedly pulling out all the stops to wrap it up, at least that's what I think I remember reading somewhere. Shane's a dickhead - is he still married to Mara? I watched Season 3 again over the weekend, she's horrible.

I would like to see Shane dead, Mara dead, Vic back with his Wife (unless they are already together again? I haven't watched in a few years) Dutch be promotoed to Captain, Wyms retire, Danny move in with Vic and wife and be their concubine (giggitty) hmm, let's see what else. Nope that's about it.

kczoo
05-09-2007, 07:15 AM
He retired #68 to get an FX show? What up?

Chiefnj
05-09-2007, 08:22 AM
"If I see you again, I will kill you."

Might be the best show on the air right now.

It is the best show. My only problem with last night was how quickly Shane got over the guilt. I think they could have built that and Vic's discovery over another week.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of the season so far?

Bowser
05-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of the season so far?

I've enjoyed it.

-They just keep letting this Vic vs. Shane thing stew. I look forward to seeing it go down between those guys.

-I like seeing Julien on the Strike Team.

-The guy that they brought in to replace Vic has done well in the story.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I've enjoyed it.

-They just keep letting this Vic vs. Shane thing stew. I look forward to seeing it go down between those guys.

-I like seeing Julien on the Strike Team.

-The guy that they brought in to replace Vic has done well in the story.

Yeah - I agree. I f'd up and found a spoiler on how the show ends. If it's correct, it is going to be the best finale ever, for a TV show.

Bowser
05-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah - I agree. I f'd up and found a spoiler on how the show ends. If it's correct, it is going to be the best finale ever, for a TV show.

Do. Not. Say. A. Word.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Do. Not. Say. A. Word.

I would never do that.

I am curious why people aren't posting on the weekly episodes. Maybe I will start, see if we can get this thread rolling like the 24 thread, etc

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah - I agree. I f'd up and found a spoiler on how the show ends. If it's correct, it is going to be the best finale ever, for a TV show.That's a way off spoiler. There's one more season after this one.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
That's a way off spoiler. There's one more season after this one.

Maybe I am confused about which season ends the whole thing, I was under the impression this is it. What I saw seemed pretty solid, as far as the info.

chagrin
05-26-2007, 07:33 PM
That's a way off spoiler. There's one more season after this one.

Okay I went back and got some clarification, you are correct sir - one more season. I can't wait, things are going to be wicked cool.

keg in kc
05-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I should probably have clarified that I said "way off" as meaning "in the distant future".

chagrin
05-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, don't be suprised to see shit start happening soon.

Anyway I am going back and watching Season 4 again, I have changed my mind, I like her character alot this time (Close) and I have founf a new dislike for Shane. Goggins is perfectly cast in this role, he's always been a shithead but when he got that boring, perpetually depressed, heroin addict looking girl, Mara - his character really became almost intolerable (going back to season 2).

I have season 5 coming again via netflix Tuesday, I love this show, forgot how great it truly is.

keg in kc
05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
It's one of the few shows that's been consistently good its whole run.

KcMizzou
05-27-2007, 09:50 PM
I would never do that.

I am curious why people aren't posting on the weekly episodes. Maybe I will start, see if we can get this thread rolling like the 24 thread, etcI recently bought, and watched season one.... It was amazing. The very first episode blew me away. I'll start on season two here soon.

Edit : I don't really want to read much more of this thread, but I really like Lemonhead. (I forget his real name) Seems like a good soldier for Vic, and a good guy.

Demonpenz
05-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I recently bought, and watched season one.... It was amazing. The very first episode blew me away. I'll start on season two here soon.

Edit : I don't really want to read much more of this thread, but I really like Lemonhead. (I forget his real name) Seems like a good soldier for Vic, and a good guy.

have you seen the cockfighting one. That episode cracked me up.

KcMizzou
05-27-2007, 10:03 PM
have you seen the cockfighting one. That episode cracked me up.Yeah...lol Good stuff.

Demonpenz
05-27-2007, 10:05 PM
especially living in joetown so long and with trumph foods I felt at home. White trash guys mexicans cock fighting. Just like my backyard growing up.

chagrin
05-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I recently bought, and watched season one.... It was amazing. The very first episode blew me away. I'll start on season two here soon.

I watched the first two seasons from the beginning when it aired; what a great show, it started the same week as 24, same night too IIRC; I chose The Shield instead, good choice. I stopped watching mid way through season 3. I wish I hadn't now, but I am catching up.

chagrin
06-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Okay so I am watching season 5 again, fuggin Kavanaugh is completely insane. He's not even a decent cop; doesn't know how to manage a crime scene, run an undercover sting, nothing.

Keg - have they yet established why he's so absolutely crazy and why he's so angry with Vic? It can't just be about terry's murder?

Baby Lee
06-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Okay so I am watching season 5 again, fuggin Kavanaugh is completely insane. He's not even a decent cop; doesn't know how to manage a crime scene, run an undercover sting, nothing.

Keg - have they yet established why he's so absolutely crazy and why he's so angry with Vic? It can't just be about terry's murder?
Inferring from your tone, I'd say where you are, he's just mad about a dirty killer cop.
But he's gonna get reason enough to go crazy soon enough.

Chiefnj2
06-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Inferring from your tone, I'd say where you are, he's just mad about a dirty killer cop.

sweet cream?

chagrin
06-02-2007, 12:22 PM

What does "inferring from your tone, I'd say where you are" mean?

Anyway, I haven't seen anything yet - he's just friggin nutso, totally nutso. His obsession with control over everything is goofy.

For example, when he arrests Lem, he's in this rage, and frankly he reminds me of Captain Queeq, he's lost it.

I know how the season ends and all, it's just reviewing this season again, wow.

Baby Lee
06-02-2007, 03:08 PM
What does "inferring from your tone, I'd say where you are" mean?

Anyway, I haven't seen anything yet - he's just friggin nutso, totally nutso. His obsession with control over everything is goofy.

For example, when he arrests Lem, he's in this rage, and frankly he reminds me of Captain Queeq, he's lost it.

I know how the season ends and all, it's just reviewing this season again, wow.
Something happens that would set most dudes off, I'm guessing you haven't seen that happen yet.

chagrin
06-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Something happens that would set most dudes off, I'm guessing you haven't seen that happen yet.

Oh yeah, okay I got it. I still think he's simply insane and I think that Vic banging his wife was hilarious, she had a great ass for an older broad, hot!

He's a very unlikeable character, even for a good guy he sucks, heh.