PDA

View Full Version : Hey KSU Homers, Look who is looking at your coach.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
it's pretty simple, they tell him he will be released as long as he doen't go to WVU....done deal

seriously, this situation happens every year, it ain't new

but there is no way to enforce his school of choice. They either have to give a full release or no release.

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 10:29 AM
But, but, I thought you were better off without him. :hmmm:

FTR, I was pissed but at the same time, I knew KU would be OK. # 1 It's KU, talented players are attracted to KU like a NC, Duke, Ky, etc. # 2, Same with coaches that want to move up to an elite college team and easier recruiting because of # 1. # 3, It was time for a change at KU, Williams has been so close but not getting us over the edge. Roy won with almost different players from a previous coach, just like Tubby Smith did at UK.

I was OK with it then, maybe pissed and a little frustrated right after the NC game,But Ok with it, I still am now .......

Cochise
04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
FTR, I was pissed but at the same time, I knew KU would be OK. # 1 It's KU, talented players are attracted to KU like a NC, Duke, Ky, etc. # 2, Same with coaches that want to move up to an elite college team and easier recruiting because of # 1. # 3, It was time for a change at KU, Williams has been so close but not getting us over the edge. Roy won with almost different players from a previous coach, just like Tubby Smith did at UK.

I was OK with it then, maybe pissed and a little frustrated right after the NC game,But Ok with it, I still am now .......

I'm sure all of Self's Final Four appearances cheer you up a little whenever you think about it. :p

Boyceofsummer
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
But if I am in the negotiaters shoes at K-STATE I play hardball. You leave and your recruits WILL play at K-STATE or sit-out a year. Put the choices on them. Not you.

Codered
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
But if I am in the negotiaters shoes at K-STATE I play hardball. You leave and your recruits WILL play at K-STATE or sit-out a year. Put the choices on them. Not you.

Yeah that'll show him!

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Tht would be great ammunition to give to opposing recruiters.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
well, the plane landed in Manhattan, and the passengers got out, rented a car, and drove off towards Junction City.

Sure doesn't sound like they are making a smash and grab with huggy...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Looks like there is press conference at 3:00 tomorrow, with alot of talk about his contract on the WVU site, rumblings about unhappy with asst coaches salaries and that now they come to them instead of after the season..

ChiTown
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
It's COMPLETELY in Huggins court at this point.

He's still in Manhattan and he's supposedly meeting with players and coaches this afternoon.

Wefald, Weiser and some prominent alums have assured Huggins (in a meeting that has already taken place) that they will open the checkbook for his demands (including facilities - primarily practice gym, asst coaches salaries and a boost in his own pay). This was key, and it certainly makes the decision that much more difficult for Huggs.

However, even after all that, I was told that he's still leaning toward taking the WVU job, and could be on a plane back to Morgantown late today. We should know what his answer is by this evening or sooner.

I'd say it's 70-30 that he takes the WVU opening.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 12:42 PM
http://www.theintelligencer.net/news/articles.asp?articleID=18109

Looks gone to me...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Fox Sports has it also..

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6648384

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.news-register.net/News/articles.asp?articleID=18109

Huggins is gone.

Cochise
04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Huggins to coach West Virginia
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This Subscribe
Jeff Goodman / FOXSports.com
Posted: 5 minutes ago

Bob Huggins is returning to West Virginia.

The Kansas State head coach, who took over the program a year ago, has reached a tentative agreement to coach the Mountaineers, according to sources close to the situation.

Huggins is expected to get on a plane and fly to Morgantown later today. A news conference is slated for Friday.

Huggins met with representatives from West Virginia in Ohio in the past few days — after John Beilein left for Michigan. He returned to Manhattan on Wednesday night and reached the decision to leave Kansas State for West Virginia. He then met with the president and athletic director at Kansas State and while he was torn with the decision, he has decided to return home.

Huggins, 53, was born in Morgantown and played at West Virginia. He was also a graduate assistant at the school.

Huggins was passed over last time the job opened — partially because West Virginia president David Hardesty Jr., was not a Huggins supporter. Hardesty is retiring in September and does not have much — if at all — to do with the hiring this time around.

A new president will likely be selected in the next two weeks.

This decision wasn't about money.

Huggins was hired by Kansas State athletic director Tim Weiser a year ago and Huggins felt some loyalty because Weiser and the administration has been good to him — after he was fired at Cincinnati.

Kansas State finished 23-12 and made it to the NIT this past season and were expected to be even better next year. Athletic forward Bill Walker is scheduled to return from a torn ACL and Huggins was also set to add one of the most talented players in the country, forward Michael Beasley, along with point guard Jacob Pullen — a critical piece of the team because of his toughness and ability to run a team.

It's unclear whether Beasley and Walker will try to follow him to West Virginia. Beasley would have to be let out of his letter-of-intent while Walker would have to sit out a year due to transfer rules.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Fox Sports has it also..

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6648384

I love how they all portray it as fact, even though there are no attributable sources.

and according to several things I've seen, Hugs in fact cancelled his meeting last night with Wefald and Weiser, so that would not jibe with what they are reporting.

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM

As someone said, that would give people great ammunition against K-State in recruiting. Hardball sounds nice, but it isn't practical.

Beasely is good enough (obviously) that he could go juco for a year then jump to the NBA if he asks for his release and KSU says no. And would you really want a player on your team that had asked for his release, no matter how talented he was?

nychief
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
this is priceless.

ChiTown
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Look for Frank Martin (Huggs top asst) to be offered the job.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I love how they all portray it as fact, even though there are no attributable sources.

and according to several things I've seen, Hugs in fact cancelled his meeting last night with Wefald and Weiser, so that would not jibe with what they are reporting.

LOL, keep fighting the good fight.

"All is well, all is well..."

GoHuge
04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.news-register.net/News/articles.asp?articleID=18109

Huggins is gone.Turn Coatin MF'er!! :fire: Having a little trouble taking this graciously.

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Good god, no way to spin this. This really ****ing sucks.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 12:55 PM

Well is it fact or not?

eazyb81
Turn Coatin MF'er!! :fire: Having a little trouble taking this graciously.

???

He's from West Virginia and is now going back there......how does this make him a turn-coat?

mikeyis4dcats.
LOL, keep fighting the good fight.

"All is well, all is well..."

I won't believe it until I read an actual quote or attributed source. Remember how just a couple of days ago the reports were that Donovan was going to UK....there's always someone who wants to get the scoop so they jump the gun.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
So what happens to the GRCOAT???

Skip Towne
Put Mikey on suicide watch.

ChiTown

Saul

He was offered EVERYTHING that he wanted - everything.

The pull to Coach his Alma Mater was too much for a guy that probably wouldn't get a 3rd chance to "go back home".

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Well is it fact or not?

it's all second hand info and speculation at this point. Period.

May be true, may not be true.

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Saul

He was offered EVERYTHING that he wanted - everything.

The pull to Coach his Alma Mater was too much for a guy that probably wouldn't get a 3rd chance to "go back home".
I can't blame him - i'm not pissed at him. I'm just...upset. No other words to describe it, really.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I can't blame him - i'm not pissed at him. I'm just...upset. No other words to describe it, really.

Pretty much summed up how we felt when Roy left... Actually 13 times worse...

Cochise
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Back to the cellar kitties LMAO.

(couldn't resist)

ChiTown
04-05-2007, 01:00 PM

It's just disappointing. The momentum, excitement, anticipation of Beasley and Walker, etc. Poof! Gone in an instant......

Brock
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
it's all second hand info and speculation at this point. Period.

May be true, may not be true.

duncan_idaho
To all you K-State cats,

Gotta say I feel for you right now - if this actually happens.

tomahawk kid
As a Mizzou fan, I can honestly say this sucks for K State.

It's what you get w/ Huggy Bear - unfortunately.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
This time last week, Rick Majerus was the coach at Iowa.

Sure looks like he's gone, but Mikey is right, they don't have any real sources.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Mikey (with his fingers in his ears): Lalalalala, I can't hear you.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 01:05 PM

At the time I was upset, but now I am thrilled that we passed on Huggy Bear for Mike Anderson.

GoHuge
04-05-2007, 01:06 PM
It's just disappointing. The momentum, excitement, anticipation of Beasley and Walker, etc. Poof! Gone in an instant......Turn coat may be a little strong....but I'm with you. It just sucks, no way to spin it. Happy Hour Early!!!

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Mikey (with his fingers in his ears): Lalalalala, I can't hear you.

better my fingers in my ear than my dick in a goat like you are.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Mizzou passed over Huggins before KSU hired him. A decision that looks very smart right now.

Pitt Gorilla
04-05-2007, 01:10 PM
http://www.theintelligencer.net/News/articles.asp?articleID=18109

Reerun_KC
I wasn't worried about it last year - why would I be worried about it this year?

If anything, it is highly entertaining to see the KU fans jerk each other off at the prospect of Huggins pulling a "Roy", and now I get WVU fans to screw with. I get tired of razzing the same old KU, MU and NU fans..this is new blood. I'm excited!

Well how is the circle jerk for Thuggins going now Saul?

Al Czervik

Nice to see you handling it so well.....

Reerun_KC
Mizzou passed over Huggins before KSU hired him. A decision that looks very smart right now.

Smart and MU shouldnt be used together....

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Do I detect a note of bitterness in your voice little fella? You lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas.

mikeyis4dcats.
Nice to see you handling it so well.....

why? because I put my fingers in my ears? Skip is always ****ing goats, so thats nothing new...

tomahawk kid

True.

I was on board with the Mike Anderson hiring at the time. I'm an even bigger fan after his coaching job this season.

Having said that, I was looking forward to K-State returning to competitiveness in the North. In that regard, it sucks all around.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Do I detect a note of bitterness in your voice little fella? You lay down with dogs you wake up with fleas.

see, I trusted you yesterday telling me how NO ONE ELSE wanted to hire Huggy.

:rolleyes:

tomahawk kid
04-05-2007, 01:14 PM

Neither should "KU" and "Football".

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 01:14 PM
They were this time. They have both their integrity and a good coach.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM

True, When you have Fatgina on the sidelines... you have zero room to talk.

tomahawk kid
04-05-2007, 01:15 PM
True, When you have Fatgina on the sidelines... you have zero room to talk.

ROFL - That's awesome man.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
ROFL - That's awesome man.
as much as I would like KU football to be relevant.. You lose all credibility when you weight more than your DL combined...

Brock
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM

That hasn't stopped them from taking 3 out of the last 4 from you guys.

tomahawk kid
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
as much as I would like KU football to be relevant.. You lose all credibility when you weight more than your DL combined...

True.

That fat f#ck can design some pretty damn clever offensive plays though.

You're on the money with the weight comment, though.

DeezNutz
04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Sorry about the news, Cat fans. I still haven't stopped wishing ill basketball luck upon all things Roy Williams, so I know how you feel. In the interest of the Big XII, I'm hopeful that you can retain most, if not all, of next year's incoming recruits.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM

That's nice, but would anyone say KU has a better football program than MU right now?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
WOW, where are the KSU faithful?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
you can't even count apparently...and you call me stupid. KU has only won twice in the last umpteen years on the football field.

KU has football?

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 01:26 PM
If true, this sucks for the Big 12. I'm pissed off.

ChiTown
04-05-2007, 01:27 PM

What would you like us to say/do? He's leaving, and now we have to wait to see who the replacement is going to be.

tomahawk kid
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Except for the last one...which is what counts in the rivalry.

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 01:30 PM
stop picking on the retarded kids

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Is the floor named at AFHW?

if not could we get it named "Robert Huggins Family Court"?

HemiEd
04-05-2007, 01:37 PM
This really sucks for KState, the Big 12 and the state of Kansas.

Cochise
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Is the floor named at AFHW?

if not could we get it named "Robert Huggins Family Court"?

at Jim Beam Coliseum?

ferrarispider95
I don't know about you, but I am pissed. Manhattan rolled out the red carpet and he was treated like a KING. I don't care if it was his dream job, its called integrity. He screws the town, fans, and his recruits (atleast walker).

Mr. Laz
This really sucks for KState, the Big 12 and the state of Kansas.
yes it does

tomahawk kid
04-05-2007, 01:40 PM
at Jim Beam Coliseum?

ROFL

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't know about you, but I am pissed. Manhattan rolled out the red carpet and he was treated like a KING. I don't care if it was his dream job, its called integrity. He screws the town, fans, and his recruits (atleast walker).

I never thought he'd do it.

Boy, was I wrong.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Boy, was I wrong.

Its Bob Huggins...

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Boy, was I wrong.

that makes 2 of us. I figured he'd feel more loyalty to Walker, Patzwald, and those that open their arms for him. If this pans out (which now that Kansas papers are picking it up) then it's too bad.

BigVE
04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
People felt Bob H. was pretty low rent and he showed it. No real excuses for this after all that KSU did to help him out and overlook his past. Ah well, it's still funny.

Pitt Gorilla
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Boy, was I wrong.
Yeah, Thuggy Bear is all about integrity.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow... leaving after one season? Nice commitment.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:45 PM
People felt Bob H. was pretty low rent and he showed it. No real excuses for this after all that KSU did to help him out and overlook his past. Ah well, it's still funny.

Well someone used Integrity and Huggins together in the same sentence earlier...

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Its Bob Huggins...

For all of his faults, Huggins has always been VERY loyal to his players...

siberian khatru
04-05-2007, 01:46 PM
People felt Bob H. was pretty low rent and he showed it.

That's how I see it. I've never liked the guy. I think he's sleaze. I'm sorry KSU fans had their hearts broken. I know they were really excited.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
For all of his faults, Huggins has always been VERY loyal to his players...

I guess we will find out how loyal in the next couple of weeks.... Will Beasley stay at KSU or opt out? Will Walker sit another year and rest those tired knees?

Should be good stuff for the next couple of weeks...

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 01:48 PM
everyone knew he was leaving

just figured he would stay one more year because of Beasley

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
everyone knew he was leaving

just figured he would stay one more year because of Beasley

Beasley will be in WVU next year...

Unless KSU goes trash and holds Beasley to his LOI...

GoHuge
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Well Powercat is saying he notified the school and a 4:30 press conference is scheduled. Not that we didn't know it but the nail is "officially" in the coffin.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 01:50 PM
well, this looks to be the nail in the coffin.

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=660786

AeroSquid
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome, AeroSquid. You last visited: 07-23-2006 at 07:48 AM

just stopped by for a hardy Nelson HA-HA :D

chagrin
04-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Guys, I don't at all ever see K-State BBall here, how did Huggy do there, for his 1 season or whatever?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 01:57 PM
here's an oddity though....when was the last time a school that just lost it's coach was the FIRST to hold a press conference on the matter...shouldn't WVU be holding one instead?

Pitt Gorilla
04-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Is Dana Altman available?!?

tk13
04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
well, this looks to be the nail in the coffin.

Wow... 3002 people viewing that board. Pretty impressive.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Is Dana Altman available?!?

we could go after Jim Wooldridge...I hear he's available.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
we could go after Jim Wooldridge...I hear he's available.

Telling you the VCU coach would be a soild hire for KSU....

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
This really, really, really sucks. It's his dream job, though, and the opportunity may never open up again if he doesn't take it now.

On the bright side, there's another ally for the Tigers when the Big East split/expansion-go-round fires up. I'm sure he's going to enjoy beating the piss out of UC year in and year out.

Welcome, AeroSquid. You last visited: 07-23-2006 at 07:48 AM

just stopped by for a hardy Nelson HA-HA :DWhere the **** have you been?

Sure-Oz
04-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Sucks for KSU fans now, better find a coach and some new players fast, cause say Cya to the old ones

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
interesting development.

http://www.kstatesports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3085&SPID=213&DB_OEM_ID=400&Q_SEASON=2006

that page was blank for the last couple of weeks. Now it looks like that. probably just a coincidence, but interesting all the same.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Some dude posted this on ksufans.com

Fact: Huggins was pissed about his assistant's salaries, and pissed that none of his coaching staff were offered any bonuses after helping KSU have it's best season in years, and helping to deliver one of the best recruiting classes in the country.

Fact: Huggins simply has no time for our AD who dicks around on everything. The athletic administration has been dicking around on the practice facility for months now, consistently going back to the architects wanting stuff redone, cutback, looking at various options over and over again. The AD simply refused to take the practice facility and enhanced basketball infrastructure serious enough for Huggins.

Fact: There was other smaller projects that Huggins and staff loved, and had people lined up to pay for them, that the AD drug his feet on.

Fact: Huggins is stabbing KSU in the back . . . the problem is, the AD gave him the sword to do it with. He was completely blindsided by the "Huggins to WVU" issue, and was immediately placed in REACTIVE fire fighting mode; to little, to late.

Fact: The only thing that can save KSU is Huggins relationship with Wefald . . . and as I type this, that's probably not enough.

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm telling ya, this sucks for the Big 12, seriously. I wish he would stay.

But on a funnier note, I'm in the middle of pussy heaven today stuck here in KY. I got pussies to the east, pussies to the west , all crying cause both Cat schools lost there coach. Plus a big part of my family and wife's family are pussy fans.......... :D

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Some dude posted this on ksufans.com

Fact: Huggins was pissed about his assistant's salaries, and pissed that none of his coaching staff were offered any bonuses after helping KSU have it's best season in years, and helping to deliver one of the best recruiting classes in the country.

Fact: Huggins simply has no time for our AD who dicks around on everything. The athletic administration has been dicking around on the practice facility for months now, consistently going back to the architects wanting stuff redone, cutback, looking at various options over and over again. The AD simply refused to take the practice facility and enhanced basketball infrastructure serious enough for Huggins.

Fact: There was other smaller projects that Huggins and staff loved, and had people lined up to pay for them, that the AD drug his feet on.

Fact: Huggins is stabbing KSU in the back . . . the problem is, the AD gave him the sword to do it with. He was completely blindsided by the "Huggins to WVU" issue, and was immediately placed in REACTIVE fire fighting mode; to little, to late.

Fact: The only thing that can save KSU is Huggins relationship with Wefald . . . and as I type this, that's probably not enough.

I don't know that I buy that. Prince was able to have great control over his assistant's compensation, and other things. I don't buy that Huggy couldn't get the same latitude.

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Wow, sounds like KSU has a really shitty AD...

Heyyyyyyyy, want ours? PLEASE?

http://imgred.com/http://citizen.commercialappeal.com/theedge/images/johnson.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
This is the best news EVAR. I haven't laughed as hard as I did a few moments ago, in probably 3 months. This is hilarious.

Brock
04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
This is the best news EVAR. I haven't laughed as hard as I did a few moments ago, in probably 3 months. This is hilarious.

It's really only funny to me because it puts Saul into a suicidal depression.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 02:45 PM
check this out. On the scout WVU boards

"dont shoot the messager.....a radio staton my uncle is listening too says OJ Mayo is requesting out of his LOI for USC to come play with patterson and Beasley at WVU.......who knows just thought Id share....."

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 02:45 PM
It's really only funny to me because it puts Saul into a suicidal depression.

lets hope not, we have a whole offseason to poke fun at him...

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM

"dont shoot the messager.....a radio staton my uncle is listening too says OJ Mayo is requesting out of his LOI for USC to come play with patterson and Beasley at WVU.......who knows just thought Id share....."GRCOAT

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 02:49 PM

"dont shoot the messager.....a radio staton my uncle is listening too says OJ Mayo is requesting out of his LOI for USC to come play with patterson and Beasley at WVU.......who knows just thought Id share....."

ROFL

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Yep, they laughed at our misery when Roy left. But hey, we're KU, we went out and got another one. [/ KU arrogance]

Brock
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
lets hope not, we have a whole offseason to poke fun at him...

Well, he can always go back to being a KSU football/KU basketball fan.

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
GRCOAT

ROFL Meooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww...........

Mods , Do we have a next of kin listing for Saul ?

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 02:54 PM

Oh snap....... Walker has to sit out a year thou.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh snap....... Walker has to sit out a year thou.

But his knees might welcome that....

Still I cant imagine the meltdown if alot of those guys show up at WVU...

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, he can always go back to being a KSU football/KU basketball fan.
I'll bet Saul is out picking up some WVU gear.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I'll bet Saul is out picking up some WVU gear.

Will Saul ever come back?

HE spouted off constantly about Huggy, GRCOAT, The streak, blah, blah, blah...

I sure hope he doesnt hurt himself...

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Thoughts: Hurts worst than 1998. I feel like i'm going to throw up. Not sure what will happen with all this, but all I can do is hope for the best. We'll see what the talking heads have to say in half an hour. Not sure who we will hire to replace him - but whoever he is, he has an uphill battle to fight.

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Yep, he needs to be watched for suicide attempts. I need to PM a message ...........

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 03:02 PM

If he wasn't such a good guy I'd really be pouring it on about now. We did listen to a lot of BS about what all they were going to do.

KcMizzou
04-05-2007, 03:04 PM
If he wasn't such a good guy I'd really be pouring it on about now. We did listen to a lot of BS about what all they were going to do.Very true. Karma hit old Saul with a sledgehammer .
I feel bad for the KSU fans.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:05 PM
If he wasn't such a good guy I'd really be pouring it on about now. We did listen to a lot of BS about what all they were going to do.

They piled on hard out of jealousy. They have been down for so long...

I guess the Huggyville T-shirts, The Blackout the Bram, The night the streak ends, and GRCOAT are all things of the past...

They talked shit for a 1+ year... Now time to eat crow.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I wasn't worried about it last year - why would I be worried about it this year?

If anything, it is highly entertaining to see the KU fans jerk each other off at the prospect of Huggins pulling a "Roy", and now I get WVU fans to screw with. I get tired of razzing the same old KU, MU and NU fans..this is new blood. I'm excited!

This is my favorite Saul qoute so far....

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
This is my favorite Saul qoute so far....
Glad to see you have a hard on for me. If I had to amass all the retarded bullshit that you have posted in the short time you've been here, i'd be up all night.

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 03:11 PM
They have some really cool West Virginia shirts out there... may have to pick one up, ala Bucknell shirts...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Glad to see you have a hard on for me. If I had to amass all the retarded bullshit that you have posted in the short time you've been here, i'd be up all night.

I guess you will get over it huh?

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
at least KSU almost got in the tournament this year.

Reerun_KC
They have some really cool West Virginia shirts out there... may have to pick one up, ala Bucknell shirts...

nah, not going to stoop down to Sauls level... Leave that for KSU and MU fans...

Ari Chi3fs
Can't spell SUCK without KSU [/skip towne]

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
nah, not going to stoop down to Sauls level... Leave that for KSU and MU fans...

yeah... heh... no need to spend good money on WV shit. They will be entertaining to watch, as they make the tournament next year... If OJ Mayo is able to go there also, they could be a legitimate contender for the Final Four.

Speaking of Which, I bet KState pre-preseason ranking just plummeted.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow check this out... Beasley and Walker?

Oh this could be awesome...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=173&F=2671#S=173&F=2671&T=362849

KcMizzou
04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow check this out... Beasley and Walker?

Oh this could be awesome...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=173&F=2671#S=173&F=2671&T=362849
Jesus... what's next? Shut down the KSU basketball program?

It's amazing how fast their fortunes have changed. If I were a KSU fan, I coundn't help but be pissed. I don't care if he's "going home" or not.

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 03:20 PM
This is the best day ever

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Well at least Beasley has an out. IF KSU cant man up and let him out of his LOI, he can go play a year of semi-pro ball then head to the NBA...

Walker is hosed, he is stuck there without Huggins...

Lzen
04-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Says the guy whose team was regularly owned by KU before last year.

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Then you've lost perspective as a sports fan.

KCFalcon59
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Huggins has done more damage then Asbury and Woolridge put together. This hurts KSU bad. What a shitbag.

TrickyNicky
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Damn, I feel bad for the K-State fans. It sucks as a whole for the Big XII North. I wonder how long that big Nike (I think it was them, maybe Adidas...) sponsorship will last? Thanks for the new uni's huggy.

So according the the KSfans link, WVU only had one scholarship and it has been given to Jason Bennett. At least Huggy isn't going to get Beasley either, if that is true.

tk13
04-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I imagine if it's possible, Huggins will "talk" to some of the current players and they'll be "released" when they don't fit the "program".

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Says the guy whose team was regularly owned by KU before last year.

Again, that's nice, but no one in their right mind would say KU has a better football program than MU right now, so I have no idea what you're beating your chest about.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Damn, I feel bad for the K-State fans. It sucks as a whole for the Big XII North. I wonder how long that big Nike (I think it was them, maybe Adidas...) sponsorship will last? Thanks for the new uni's huggy.

Just wondering, but how does this suck for teams like Mizzou or Iowa State? Presumably KSU will fall off a bit now, which helps other North competitors.

HemiEd

So according the the KSfans link, WVU only had one scholarship and it has been given to Jason Bennett. At least Huggy isn't going to get Beasley either, if that is true.

A lot of tricks can be done with scholarships. Players can vacate a scholarship at the convenience of the school. WSU just did it with two players and I have seen the Jayhawks do it.

Ari Chi3fs
Then you've lost perspective as a sports fan.

heh. I just like giving shit to those who flip it my way. It really is a joyous occasion.

It does hurt the Big 12 RPI, though, which sucks.

But, 24 in a row is still intact, and the future looks bright that we will continue it into the 30's

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Last night at 21:42
He's gone. Book it.

The guy that told me was correct. And he told me Sunday.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Last night at 21:42

The guy that told me was correct. And he told me Sunday.

Bill, Your a cool guy, I hate that he is leaving.

Really could hurt our smack talking in the near future..

Good luck...

TrickyNicky
04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Just wondering, but how does this suck for teams like Mizzou or Iowa State? Presumably KSU will fall off a bit now, which helps other North competitors.
Well, yes, you are right about the other teams gaining standing. I'm speaking more along the lines of national recognition. KSU was going places and it helped the image of the Big XII in the big picture. Now its the frickin' LZ 129 Hindenburg of NCAA mens hoops.

WilliamTheIrish
I imagine if it's possible, Huggins will "talk" to some of the current players and they'll be "released" when they don't fit the "program".

Yep. But he only needs to remove two players. That's done easy enough.

kstater

About the only thought that comes to mind.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Gee I hope the Royals win 70 games.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Tim Weiser fighting back tears right now on 810.....f'n hysterical.

HemiEd
04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
, I hate that he is leaving.

Bullshit

Reerun_KC

Saying its not fair... ROFL

htismaqe
Enjoying other people's misery is pretty f-ing low...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Bullshit

Really hurts the Big 12 more than any KU fan wants to admit....

With the talk of Barnes and Kentucky.. We could be ****ed for quality coaches in the Big 12..

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Yes, rivals never do that.....

ROFL

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, rivals never do that.....

ROFL

Like this? No, not in my experience.

But I've come to realize over the years here that it's par for the course with KU and KSU.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 03:51 PM

yeah and when Roy left, they thrashed hard....

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM

I always said that when Plummber threw left-handed ints....

wait, no I didn't

Sure-Oz
04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Thoughts: Hurts worst than 1998. I feel like i'm going to throw up. Not sure what will happen with all this, but all I can do is hope for the best. We'll see what the talking heads have to say in half an hour. Not sure who we will hire to replace him - but whoever he is, he has an uphill battle to fight.
It's going to be a tough one, but yeah when huggs comes back all 10 fans will def. give him hell!

Sure-Oz
04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
wtf is tim weiser

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah and when Roy left, they thrashed hard....

which is precisely why Im being a cocksmoke about this.

heh. to my real life friends who are KStaters, I have actually showed empathy... not to you ****ers though.

http://img.search.com/4/4b/WVMap-doton-Morgantown.PNG

KcMizzou
04-05-2007, 03:55 PM
wtf is tim weiserThe KSU AD.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm disappointed. But I'm not miserable.

Turns out OJ Mayo was smarter than everybody. Unless he requests out of his LOI....

All I can say is if KU plays WVU in the NCAA, they need to beat the living f out of them.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM

I may have to go to Phobia's BBQ after all.

burt
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM

If anything, it is highly entertaining to see the KU fans jerk each other off at the prospect of Huggins pulling a "Roy", and now .....!

no comment needed....

Sure-Oz
04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
The KSU AD.
ROFL

burt
04-05-2007, 04:15 PM
On to the serious stuff.

I hope skip's correct. For once. But I think Huggs may be gone.

Bobby, we hardly knew ye.....

post # 69...someone has ESP..N?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM

You got what you deserved, and given your touting of Huggins, it makes it all the merrier. Don't try and make an honest woman out of a philandering crack whore, you dumb sonofabitch.

JBucc
04-05-2007, 04:27 PM
If it makes you feel any better, know this: it can always get worse.

edit: I almost forgot, HAHA again. Losers.

Tactical Funky
04-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow.

I enjoy our rivalry with KSU quite a bit, but this thread seems to be getting out of hand...

*grabs acoustic guitar and sings happy songs* :D

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Shit! This subject even brought Hamas out of the woodwork.

KevB
04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow.

I enjoy our rivalry with KSU quite a bit, but this thread seems to be getting out of hand...

Tells me a lot about some people's nature, at their core. I love a rivalry, and I love to have the upper hand. But to revel and bask in such a low point, a gut shot.....like I said, tells me a lot. You'd like to think the time spent here is time spent with pretty good people....

vailpass
04-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Sorry for ya' Saul. Like I said when we were sparring over whether Huggy is da debil last year: Huggy is a rule-breaking POS who doesn't care about his kids, his programs, or winning the right way. Like the wife that sucks cock while you are out of town you are much better off without him.

KcMizzou
04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Tells me a lot about some people's nature, at their core. I love a rivalry, and I love to have the upper hand. But to revel and bask in such a low point, a gut shot.....like I said, tells me a lot. You'd like to think the time spent here is time spent with pretty good people....Eh... we're not all dancing in the streets.

chiefsfan987
04-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry KState fans but Huggins is a loser anyways. Not a big loss.

Bootlegged
04-05-2007, 04:43 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
If its any consolation, Pacman Jones went to WVU. Smack should flow freely from one's fingertips like a fountain of money raining on the stage.

Tactical Funky
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Tells me a lot about some people's nature, at their core. I love a rivalry, and I love to have the upper hand. But to revel and bask in such a low point, a gut shot.....like I said, tells me a lot. You'd like to think the time spent here is time spent with pretty good people....
Exactly.

I love to rib on my K-State buddies - and they love to do so in return - but I just don't have the heart to mess with any of 'em right now, even if they did lay a good number of insults on me when Roy left and after KU's losses to the Killer B's.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I have a "HUGGIEVILLE" (pop. 0000) for sale.

Cheap. :)

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry for ya' Saul. Like I said when we were sparring over whether Huggy is da debil last year: Huggy is a rule-breaking POS who doesn't care about his kids, his programs, or winning the right way. Like the wife that sucks cock while you are out of town you are much better off without him.

I must say I really, really, really, dislike it when Donx fans are correct.

I hate you. Sorta. Kinda. But not really.

burt
04-05-2007, 05:04 PM

Hey, YOU called it over 350 posts ago....you have to be some kind of morality barometer!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, YOU called it over 350 posts ago....you have to be some kind of morality barometer!!!!

Yea, I got some good info on that Dale. But Vail warned me about a year ago. As did Naptown.

I feel like I need to be buy something. Have an automobile that's been sitting on the lot for a while?

vailpass
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM

:toast: sorry for ya bud, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. You know what you gotta' do to get over a rough break up right?

SLUMPBUSTER!!

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm disappointed. But I'm not miserable.

Turns out OJ Mayo was smarter than everybody. Unless he requests out of his LOI....

All I can say is if KU plays WVU in the NCAA, they need to beat the living f out of them.

I admit to a wee pleasure in events, but

the reality is that this is bad for KSU. KU, and the Big 12....we need the challenge and cache of good coaches, and we don't need good coaches leaving for the East Coast $$$ and TV Exposure...

I want the B12 to be as strong as the ACC in terms of players and coaches.

I am shocked he's walking away from a Beasley/Walker combo though. That is serious talent, and talent wins period. He could have ridden them to a couple of good tourny runs and then have bolted for BIG $$$.

He must really have a stiffy for WVU. I'm not sure he's making the smartest decision.

KevB
04-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Exactly.

I love to rib on my K-State buddies - and they love to do so in return - but I just don't have the heart to mess with any of 'em right now, even if they did lay a good number of insults on me when Roy left and after KU's losses to the Killer B's.

The difference is that everyone knew KU would be ok...Roy got KU to a place of prominence that they weren't likely to fall far from. The Killer B's are fair game. If KSU lost in the tourney in similar fashion, I'd expect the ribbing. KSU got the ribbing when they lost to A&M in '98 and to Ohio St. in the Fiesta Bowl. Losing a game is different. Losing Huggins and likely the recruiting class puts KSU deep back into a hole.....a hole that's going to be difficult to climb out of.

burt
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Yea, I got some good info on that Dale. But Vail warned me about a year ago. As did Naptown.

I feel like I need to be buy something. Have an automobile that's been sitting on the lot for a while?

a few, unfortunately...that is why I have posted so much today. I agree with the can....I can't believe he could walk away from the recruiting class he built. I wouldn't jab you....but would Saul! :)

Terribilis
04-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Should the Lounge get a name change... maybe something like, 'HUGGIEVILLE....ooops'

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 05:25 PM
K-state needs to bust the bank to get a top-notch, big name coach this year.

htey have good recruits coming it ... which will help bring in a good new head coach.

a good new head coach will help keep these big recruits.

they have a chance to break their pattern of stinky basketball.

K-state should be prepared to overpay, dramatically overpay if need be, for a good need head coach.

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Should the Lounge get a name change... maybe something like, 'HUGGIEVILLE....ooops'
ROFL

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 05:28 PM

htey have good recruits coming it ... which will help bring in a good new head coach.

K-state should be prepared to overpay, dramatically overpay if need be, for a good need head coach.

yeah, I think so...essentially go double-or-nothing on the Huggy idea....try to salvage the recruits with a monster hire

ps

this is the exact opposite of what I recommended earlier...lol

Ari Chi3fs
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Oh man.

ROFL :clap:

KcMizzou
04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Should the Lounge get a name change... maybe something like, 'HUGGIEVILLE....ooops'That's too good to resist...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 05:40 PM
You got what you deserved, and given your touting of Huggins, it makes it all the merrier. Don't try and make an honest woman out of a philandering crack whore, you dumb sonofabitch.

Wow dont hold anything back....

:bravo:

Tactical Funky
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh shit...

I laughed out loud. LMAO

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 05:43 PM

Doubt that would happen though...

To many KU bitch babies on here to get that done...

By Robert, we hardly knew you...

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Sounds great. But who? KSU was willing to match the offer from WVU. So the money thing is a non issue.

What 'name' coach is out there?

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Their rivals guy has a list of candidates...

Anthony Grant (VCU head coach)
Mike Montgomery
Chris Lowery (think this is a pipe dream - he just signed a seven year extension with his alma mater after saying no to schools at least similar to KSU)
Gregg Marshall (Winthrop)
Kevin Stallings

Montgomery probaby is the most enticing option, but I don't know if he'd leave the West Coast for the job... Marshall isn't a huge name, but he's a damn good coach...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Sounds great. But who? KSU was willing to match the offer from WVU. So the money thing is a non issue.

Quin Snyder is still out there... Kidding.

Seriously what is wrong with going after the VCU coach?

Braincase
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM
My heartfelt sympathies go out to most K-State fans.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Mike Montgomery
Chris Lowery (think this is a pipe dream - he just signed a seven year extension with his alma mater after saying no to schools at least similar to KSU)
Kevin Stallings

Montgomery probaby is the most enticing option, but I don't know if he'd leave the West Coast for the job... Marshall isn't a huge name, but he's a damn good coach...

Grant is a pretty solid coach and recruiter as well.. Everyone keeps overlooking him.. In a year or two he will land a solid big time job...

HemiEd
04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Not obsessed at all.. I just like the friendly smack talk back and forth... This is what KSU fans wanted when they hired Huggy. They wanted the chance to compete and talk a little trash..

Now they are acting totally shocked that we some of us are poking at them..

Didnt you want it to be a rivaly agian?

KSU fans have such a complex that everyone is picking on them, which is far from the truth..

I say Bullshit again. I ignored this thread until today, some great posts in here.

Bootlegged
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Mike Anderson is looking..

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 05:55 PM

that's just it ..... i don't think K-state should limited themselves to available coaches.

go to every stud coach in college basketball and offer them 2/3 million to come coach at k-state.

some will just say "no" ... some with use K-state for leverage, but if you can find 1 big time coach that is looking for a big payday ......

boom .... you keep your forward momentum.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I say Bullshit again. I ignored this thread until today, some great posts in here.

Call it what you want? I call it KARMA...

It is okay HemiEd, They hammered us when Roy left.. We heard from these guys for over a year about Thuggy and the GRCOAT, the Streak, Blackout, etc...

I feel for them (a little) because I know how bad it hurt when Roy left KU to go home..

But now it is time to rub some of the crap back in from the last year or so...

Besides Thuggy 0 KU 3...

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
what about Lavin?

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Mike Montgomery
Kevin Stallings

Montgomery won't leave the West Coast.

Chris Lowery likely isn't going anywhere.

Kevin Stallings won't leave his job for KSU.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
that's just it ..... i don't think K-state should limited themselves to available coaches.

go to every stuff coaches in college basketball and offer them 2/3 million to come coach at k-state.

some will just say "no" ... some with use K-state for leverage, but if you can find 1 big time coach that is looking for a big payday ......

The problem is that every coach that turns you down raises the price of the next candidate by a couple hundred thousand...

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Tubby Smith Kentucky 315-114 1/1 Wins big and clean in mammoth pressure
Jim Calhoun Connecticut 680-302 2/2 Getting better with age
Bob Knight Texas Tech 832-322 5/3 Like him or not, he can flat-out coach
Jim Boeheim Syracuse 676-234 3/1 Orange's sum always exceed its parts
Rick Pitino Louisville 416-154 4/1 Has Cardinals all the way back
Bill Self Kansas 231-114 0/0 Will go down as one of the all-time greats
Gary Williams Maryland 522-293 2/1 Could win 20 games with me at PG
Bo Ryan Wisconsin 98-55 0/0 His work with Badgers defies belief
Lute Olson Arizona 711-249 5/1 Has taken two schools to Final Four
Tom Izzo Michigan State 207-90 3/1 Enormous courtside presencel
Skip Prosser Wake Forest 232-107 0/0 Brilliant but humble

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Montgomery won't leave the West Coast.

Chris Lowery likely isn't going anywhere.

Kevin Stallings won't leave his job for KSU.

Gotta agree with you on all three.

Majerus might be their best bet, at least in the "name" department. Guess Lavin is a possibility, too.

Man, I'm glad this is saul and his ilk dealing with this sucker punch and not me (for once, Mike Alden's ineptitude pays off). The whole think stinks.

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 06:04 PM
The problem is that every coach that turns you down raises the price of the next candidate by a couple hundred thousand...
you don't just announce it ....... you make overtures and let it be known that price isn't an issue.

the idea is to be aggressive and don't limit yourself with some kind of inferiority complex.

overpaying for this coach will be worth it ...... when that coach leaves you can always go with an existing assistant and drop your coach salary way back down again.

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM

looking at that list, there isn't one that would consider KSU....just being honest

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Gotta agree with you on all three.

Majerus might be their best bet, at least in the "name" department. Guess Lavin is a possibility, too.

Man, I'm glad this is saul and his ilk dealing with this sucker punch and not me (for once, Mike Alden's ineptitude pays off). The whole think stinks.

KSU doesn't want Majerus. I thought he was intriguing candidate for Iowa, for about 10 minutes.

The guy is a first class a-hole, plus he can't build anything because he's 59 and in poor health...

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM

What's this? A list of coaches that will never consider K-State?

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 06:06 PM

You're kidding, right? Prosser and Ryan are the only ones it wouldn't be a BIG step down for (no offense to K-State - I would say the same thing about Missouri or Michigan or Iowa, etc), and both of them seem pretty loyal to their programs. Tubby would've worked two weeks ago -- the Cats just got a bit of bad luck there.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
you don't just announce it ....... you make overtures and let it be known that price isn't an issue.

just idea is to be aggressive and don't limit yourself with some kind of inferiority complex.

overpaying for this coach will be worth ...... when that coach leaves you can always go with an existing assistant and drop your coach salary way back down again.

It's not as simple as throwing a bucket of money at someone, especially considering what state the school might be in if everybody jumps ship at once.

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
looking at that list, there isn't one that would consider KSU....just being honest
have know idea .... but they won't know until they try

who knows what the $$$$$ might do :shrug:

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
What's this? A list of coaches that will never consider K-State?

I guess, they are going to have to pony up for a coach that has made his mark in the Mid Majors and offer him a nice package to come up...

There are plenty out there, We will see what kind of AD KSU has now..

Huggy was a bargin, but "used" them like he was paying for it...

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 06:08 PM
KSU doesn't want Majerus. I thought he was intriguing candidate for Iowa, for about 10 minutes.

The guy is a first class a-hole, plus he can't build anything because he's 59 and in poor health...

I was just trying to think of "name" guys that would have a chance of keeping Beasley or Walker... those were the only ones that popped in.

You think Lavin is a possibility? He's as dirty as the South (at least in perception), but he can recruit, and he's famous...

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
have know idea .... but they won't know until they try

who knows what the $$$$$ might do :shrug:

Most of those guys already make $1.5M or more. And all of those schools have the ability to up the ante considerably.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:11 PM
I guess, they are going to have to pony up for a coach that has made his mark in the Mid Majors and offer him a nice package to come up...

There are plenty out there, We will see what kind of AD KSU has now..

Huggy was a bargin, but "used" them like he was paying for it...

Iowa had to basically go that route (I don't know how how hard they actually pursued bigger-name candidates, sounds like Lickliter might have been #1 on the list all along) and frankly they have a slightly better basketball tradition than KSU.

CoMoChief
04-05-2007, 06:12 PM
LOL This is great. "Huggy won't leave KSU"

What a bunch of retards. Here's a big giant **** YOU to all Kitty fans that gave KU fans shit when Roy left.

Huggy was the only reason KSU was decent this season. Now KSU won't be worth a shit for a long time. Wouldnt surprise me if Beasley and Walker sit out a year and transfer. They both will proably go pro anyways.

htismaqe
I was just trying to think of "name" guys that would have a chance of keeping Beasley or Walker... those were the only ones that popped in.

You think Lavin is a possibility? He's as dirty as the South (at least in perception), but he can recruit, and he's famous...

I asked some people about Lavin in regards to the Iowa job and they were able to pretty easily come up with some fairly damning indictments of his ability...

Reaper16

go to every stud coach in college basketball and offer them 2/3 million to come coach at k-state.

I believe Arkansas has been employing that strategy to embarrassing effect.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:13 PM
LOL This is great. "Huggy won't leave KSU"

What a bunch of retards. Here's a big giant **** YOU to all Kitty fans that gave KU fans shit when Roy left.

Huggy was the only reason KSU was decent this season. Now KSU won't be worth a shit for a long time. Wouldnt surprise me if Beasley and Walker sit out a year and transfer. They both will proably go pro anyways.

Beasley isn't a student. He doesn't have to "transfer" and he won't have to sit out a year.

Mr. Laz
04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I believe Arkansas has been employing that strategy to embarrassing effect.

fine ... then K-state should just roll over, cry and give up

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:18 PM
So do you think that KSU will let Beasley out of his LOI?

What about Walker?

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Hiring a guy like Gregg Marshall isn't giving up. There are plenty of great options in the mid-major ranks ready to make a move.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:21 PM

:D

They're gonna have to scour the mid-majors for a coach, just like Mizzou did. That's all.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Hiring a guy like Gregg Marshall isn't giving up. There are plenty of great options in the mid-major ranks ready to make a move.

I didn't want a mid-major coach at Iowa until I read some of the arguments for Lickliter. There's good, SEASONED mid-major coaches out there.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:22 PM

They're gonna have to scour the mid-majors for a coach, just like Mizzou did. That's all.

There are plenty of solid coaches out there...

What is all the talk about OJ Mayo trying to get out of his LOI with USC now?

GRCOAT heading East?

Mr. Laz

whatever .... if i had said "hired a mid-major coach" you would of argued about that too.

duncan_idaho

What about Walker?

It's suicide not to if he ask for it. Too much ammunition for other schools to use in recruiting wars. Plus, do you really want a guy who doesn't want to be there on your team? That's great for team chemistry...

Walker is subject to normal transfer rules. If he wants to go, he sits a year.

htismaqe

What about Walker?

I would imagine they will. The last thing they need right now if MORE turmoil.

And they can't do anything with Walker. If he wants to sit out a year, he can go anywhere he wants.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:23 PM
whatever .... if i had said "hired a mid-major coach" you would of argued about that too.

ROFL

Put in a tampon and calm down.

kstater
04-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Good quote from Blair Kerkhoff @ KC Star:

"Unless, somehow, Walker stays. He has the most to lose here. The knee injury cost him this season, a transfer would cost him the next. The next time Huggins hugs a player, a medic should be standing by to stitch up the knife wound in the player’s back."

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:25 PM
It's suicide not to if he ask for it. Too much ammunition for other schools to use in recruiting wars. Plus, do you really want a guy who doesn't want to be there on your team? That's great for team chemistry...

Walker is subject to normal transfer rules. If he wants to go, he sits a year.

I think Walker got screwed the most here... Bennett sucks ass, Walker was all that was left other than Hoskins...

Beasley should get out of his LOI. Walker is most likely hosed..

Will miss him eating pop corn though...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM

"Unless, somehow, Walker stays. He has the most to lose here. The knee injury cost him this season, a transfer would cost him the next. The next time Huggins hugs a player, a medic should be standing by to stitch up the knife wound in the player’s back."

Ouch.... sounds like someone is upset with Huggy...

vailpass
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Beasley isn't a student. He doesn't have to "transfer" and he won't have to sit out a year.

Beasley signed a LOI. Unless K-State releases him he must sit out a year before he can play for anyone other than K-State.

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM

Yup. I'd be wary if I were a player being recruited by Huggins.

HemiEd
Call it what you want? I call it KARMA...

It is okay HemiEd, They hammered us when Roy left.. We heard from these guys for over a year about Thuggy and the GRCOAT, the Streak, Blackout, etc...

I feel for them (a little) because I know how bad it hurt when Roy left KU to go home..

But now it is time to rub some of the crap back in from the last year or so...

Besides Thuggy 0 KU 3...

Well I am a fan of all three Kansas schools, this is worse than what Eddie Fogler did to the Shocks and much worse than the Roy Williams defection.
This guy just took a giant shit on a school, conference and state. I find no joy whatsoever in it.

Skip Towne
I don't think money is KSU's problem so much as it is their location. Few folks want to live in the middle of nowhere. The wives want access to shopping to spend those big bucks. KSU doesn't want to admit it but it is there. Two of their most successful coaches came out of the Juco ranks. Cotton Fitzsimmons from Moberly and Jack Hartman from Coffeyville. They may have to "grow their own"

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Iowa had to basically go that route (I don't know how how hard they actually pursued bigger-name candidates, sounds like Lickliter might have been #1 on the list all along) and frankly they have a slightly better basketball tradition than KSU.

Lick was a perfect move. He's a damn good coach.

KSU has two options. HOPE to hire a guy from a mid major (Marshall- he's the only one I'd go for), or hire Frank Martin and offer Dalonte Hill (Beasley's recruiter) and hope it's gold.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:31 PM

KSU has two options. HOPE to hire a guy from a mid major (Marshall- he's the only one I'd go for), or hire Frank Martin and offer Dalonte Hill (Beasley's recruiter) and hope it's gold.

You really comfortable promoting Martin or Hill to HC?

Martin Maybe but Hill? That sounds more like a panic move to try and save the Beasley kid....

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 06:31 PM

What about Walker?

Absolutely. But not until they've exhausted all options in regards to retaining him via Ass't MBB coach Dalonte Hill.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Absolutely. But not until they've exhausted all options in regards to retaining him via Ass't MBB coach Dalonte Hill.

Hill is the Asst MBB Coach?

I read he was heading to WVU with Thuggy?

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Beasley signed a LOI. Unless K-State releases him he must sit out a year before he can play for anyone other than K-State.

IF they won't let him out of it.

CoMoChief
04-05-2007, 06:33 PM

He signed a LOI did he not? I thought he committed.

Coogs
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM

I was just watching 38 Sports Spot. Stan Webber was on talking about this subject. One of the names he tossed out there was Lon Kruger.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Hill is the Asst MBB Coach?

I read he was heading to WVU with Thuggy?

In all the excitement, I missed that. Very well could be. If that's the case, then I go for Greg Marshall.

Reerun_KC
Looks like Beasley will be playing a year of Semi-Pro ball for a year..

I could see both Walker and Beasley doing that if KSU tries program suicide by holding Beasley to that LOI... Walker is screwed and Europe or Semi-Pro ball might be his only option....

Reaper16
I was just watching 38 Sports Spot. Stan Webber was on talking about this subject. One of the names he tossed out there was Lon Kruger.
Wow. That's... interesting.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
He signed a LOI did he not? I thought he committed.

You're correct.

He can request the KSU let him out of his agreement. If they say yes, he can sign with someone else and does not have to sit out a year. If they say no, then he essentially has to transfer, resulting in sitting out a year.

That's my understanding.

ArrowheadHawk
04-05-2007, 06:36 PM
IF they won't let him out of it.
sounded like on the press conference that the president of the school(i think that is who it was) said that they don't let recruits out of their loi unless there is a very good reason

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:37 PM
http://photos-994.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v75/63/2/17012994/n17012994_33130496_8901.jpg

Looks like the memory of Huggy is going up in Flames....

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Kruger came out AFTER Todd Lickliter was hired and said he would have been interested in the Iowa job if they had called.

Apparently, despite his digs at UNLV he REALLY wants to come back to the midwest.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:39 PM
sounded like on the press conference that the president of the school(i think that is who it was) said that they don't let recruits out of their loi unless there is a very good reason

Program suicide for the next several years might be a good reason to let them out of the LOI's....

No need to futher burry the KSU basketball program with your own stubborn attitude towards Thuggy...

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Wow, they're gonna tear the program apart.