PDA

View Full Version : Hey KSU Homers, Look who is looking at your coach.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Wow, they're gonna tear the program apart.

Maybe when cooler heads prevail, they will retract some of those statements?

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Maybe when cooler heads prevail, they will retract some of those statements?

I would hope so.

You can't force them to stay against their will, unless you want to create a completely untenable situation for the new coach.

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.alligator.org/pt2/images/sports/060419hoops.jpg

The BLACK guy.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.alligator.org/pt2/images/sports/060419hoops.jpg

The BLACK guy.

Not bad thinking going after a UF assistant, but who the hell is it?

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Not bad thinking going after a UF assistant, but who the hell is it?
Anthony Grant, head coach at VCU.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
http://www.gatorzone.com/billydonovan/?sub=staff&bio=preston

Looks like he's a good recruiter...

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:52 PM

Ah, I assumed it was a current assistant. Picture's awful small.

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.kansas.com/277/story/37784.html

As for Huggins, Sutton said the former K-State coach called his coach at the Patterson School and told him three West Virginia players were planning to transfer and there would be room for Sutton and Beasley.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 06:58 PM

As for Huggins, Sutton said the former K-State coach called his coach at the Patterson School and told him three West Virginia players were planning to transfer and there would be room for Sutton and Beasley.

Wow.

Reerun_KC

Bingo!!

I have said that all along. I think he would be a good fit for KSU and he is solid enough that he might be able to keep the recruits that Huggins left...

Terribilis
Are there any NBA assistants out there?
NC State appears to have made a great pickup with Sydney Lowe, after getting publicly dissed by about 10 college head coaches.

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Wow.
Not surprised.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Not surprised.

Sure.

My "wow" was more just can't believe how badly it's piling up.

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd have to see the school first. Me and the mountains don't get along.
ROFL

Braincase
04-05-2007, 07:06 PM
what about Lavin?

Yep, that's what I'm thinking.... and it'll be interesting if Matt D decides to return to civilization after his self imposed exile after NC.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Yep, that's what I'm thinking.... and it'll be interesting if Matt D decides to return to civilization after his self imposed exile after NC.
KSU is on the edge of civilization. It might be just what he wants.

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Kansas fans are ****ing assholes. Jesus.

This is the best day everIsn't there something in your "Secret" scam about negative thoughts?

kstater
04-05-2007, 07:11 PM
From the KSU scout board.

"Bob Huggins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article documents a current event.
Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.

Bob Huggins (born September 21, 1953 in Morgantown, West Virginia[1]) is the head coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers men's basketball team. He was the 21st head coach of the men's basketball team at Kansas State University, and was head coach at University of Cincinnati from 1989 to 2005. On April 5, 2007, he screwed over the only university in America that would give him a chance at resurrecting his coaching career. He screwed his players over, as well as several high-profile recruits. Kansas State athletic director Tim Weiser and University President Jon Wefald treated him like family, and he turned his back on them. When Huggins accepted an offer to return to coach his alma mater of West Virginia University[2], he set in play his place in college basketball history as one of the most ungrateful bastards to walk the sidelines. His 590-211 record (.737) during his 25 seasons as a head coach ranks him eighth in winning percentage and seventh in victories among active Division I coaches. Huggins has been to 15 total NCAA tournaments, including 14 of the last 15 seasons. Huggins has averaged 23.6 wins per season, including 25.6 his last 15 years."

KcMizzou
04-05-2007, 07:12 PM
LMAO

You're preaching to the choir. :D

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 07:12 PM

Isn't there something in your "Secret" scam about negative thoughts?

Whine much?

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Yep, that's what I'm thinking.... and it'll be interesting if Matt D decides to return to civilization after his self imposed exile after NC.He's at SMU now.

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 07:23 PM

Dougherty would be a HUGE coup, imho....he is good coach and a great recruiter...he will be back at a big time program soon....he recruited the team Roy pigyy backed to a title...

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 07:26 PM
actually, I hope that D is ready if Self fails in about 3-4 years....I just think that guy has to have a fire to redeem his reputation and I bet he works his ass off...

ferrarispider95
04-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Talk about a fuggin scumbag. Here is hoping for some KARMA for ol' Bobby.

I hope KSU hires within to try to keep the recruiting class together.

ferrarispider95
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
All of this, Sutton said, could be avoided if K-State retains assistant coach Dalonte Hill or, even better, if he's promoted to head coach. Sutton said he and Beasley could be persuaded to honor their original commitment.

"That's if he's there," he said.

htismaqe
04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
All of this, Sutton said, could be avoided if K-State retains assistant coach Dalonte Hill or, even better, if he's promoted to head coach. Sutton said he and Beasley could be persuaded to honor their original commitment.

It's a risky move, but an interesting one.

No way he follows Huggins to WVU if a Big XII school offers him their top job...

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
From the KSU scout board.

"Bob Huggins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article documents a current event.
Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.

Bob Huggins (born September 21, 1953 in Morgantown, West Virginia[1]) is the head coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers men's basketball team. He was the 21st head coach of the men's basketball team at Kansas State University, and was head coach at University of Cincinnati from 1989 to 2005. On April 5, 2007, he screwed over the only university in America that would give him a chance at resurrecting his coaching career. He screwed his players over, as well as several high-profile recruits. Kansas State athletic director Tim Weiser and University President Jon Wefald treated him like family, and he turned his back on them. When Huggins accepted an offer to return to coach his alma mater of West Virginia University[2], he set in play his place in college basketball history as one of the most ungrateful bastards to walk the sidelines. His 590-211 record (.737) during his 25 seasons as a head coach ranks him eighth in winning percentage and seventh in victories among active Division I coaches. Huggins has been to 15 total NCAA tournaments, including 14 of the last 15 seasons. Huggins has averaged 23.6 wins per season, including 25.6 his last 15 years."

That's pretty funny. But to be honest I just don't harbor that much ill will towards the guy.

In situations like this, I look at it in this manner: Instead of this happening to KSU, Wieser and Wefald, what if it happened to me? How would I react? Sit around and mope? Or do I get about the business of making lemonade? (With a large shot of whiskey). That's what successful people do.

It's a defense mechanism for sure, but it puts the situation in perspective. There are real tragedies going on in life.

This isn't one of them.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 07:43 PM

Would you want to put all your eggs in the basket of a guy that has never coached at the D-1 level let alone in a BCS conference with KU, Texas, and so on?

Wasnt Hill an AAU coach?

BIG difference between AAU and the Big 12...

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Would you want to put all your eggs in the basket of a guy that has never coached at the D-1 level let alone in a BCS conference with KU, Texas, and so on?

Wasnt Hill an AAU coach?

BIG difference between AAU and the Big 12...

I still think you have to give Martin a chance here. But ONLY if he can convince Hill to stay so that Beas shows up.

I'm intrigued by Doherty. But, do you toss away that one year of possible magic with Beaz, Walker, Sutton etc?

Tough call.

Short Leash Hootie
04-05-2007, 07:49 PM
this is ****ing hilarious. Just as KSU fans were losing their dominant football program they figured Huggins had them primed for a dominant basketball program, so all was well...

Now...nothing.

Must suck to be a fan of Kansas State. Nothing to look forward to.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
I still think you have to give Martin a chance here. But ONLY if he can convince Hill to stay so that Beas shows up.

I'm intrigued by Doherty. But, do you toss away that one year of possible magic with Beaz, Walker, Sutton etc?

Tough call.

Still Grant from VCU could save the program and possibly keep the recruits.....

Short Leash Hootie
04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
It's a Jayhawk wet dream. Cue the "No..we want him to stay because it will make us better!"

No worries here.
lolololol

Pitt Gorilla
04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Good Lord, people are surprised Huggy decided to leave? Come on.

ChiTown
04-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Good Lord, people are surprised Huggy decided to leave? Come on.

well, yeah. I assumed he'd stay a little longer than a year, but I'm kooky that way.

Lzen
04-05-2007, 08:51 PM
It's a Jayhawk wet dream. Cue the "No..we want him to stay because it will make us better!"

No worries here.

Heh. Sry, bud. You fired the first shot at Jayhawk fans. ROFL

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:16 PM

and Huggy starts early on his NCAA violations! ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
04-05-2007, 09:23 PM
hahahahahahaha now even the KSU fans are bashing Huggy Bear!

Pitt Gorilla
04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
hahahahahahaha now even the KSU fans are bashing Huggy Bear!That's the part that seems strange. K-State fans have been defending Thuggy's faults for the past year; now, many of those same people are jumping on the same faults they used to defend.
:shake:

Sam Hall
04-05-2007, 09:35 PM
The candidate with the highest profile that I've heard about is Mike Montgomery. Not a bad option at all.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
That's the part that seems strange. K-State fans have been defending Thuggy's faults for the past year; now, many of those same people are jumping on the same faults they used to defend.
:shake:
KSU fans are just desperate and with good reason. They gave up all pretenses of integrity by hiring him when nobody else would. They shouldn't be surprised that he turned on them. If you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Pants
04-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Tells me a lot about some people's nature, at their core. I love a rivalry, and I love to have the upper hand. But to revel and bask in such a low point, a gut shot.....like I said, tells me a lot. You'd like to think the time spent here is time spent with pretty good people....

What the f**k ever. How many KU fans are giving you shit? 2? 3? What happened when Roy left KU, what happened when KU lost in the first round of NCAA the first time? The second time? What was "The Lounge" called when UCLA beat us this year?

****ing, please...

If I was like Saul, I'd have his gay little avatar as mine right now, I'd be giving all you ****ing hypocrites shit, but I'm not. I feel bad for you guys and I feel bad for Big 12. Karma is a bitch, learn to deal with it.

KevB
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
What the f**k ever. How many KU fans are giving you shit? 2? 3? What happened when Roy left KU, what happened when KU lost in the first round of NCAA the first time? The second time? What was "The Lounge" called when UCLA beat us this year?

****ing, please...

If I was like Saul, I'd have his gay little avatar as mine right now, I'd be giving all you ****ing hypocrites shit, but I'm not. I feel bad for you guys and I feel bad for Big 12. Karma is a bitch, learn to deal with it.

What happened when KSU was heartbroken in '98? What happened when Bill Snyder retired? What happened when Roberson was erroneously accused of a rape right before the Fiesta Bowl? That's my point: there's a line between being rivals, and being heartless. Too many on this board wish ill will on anyone they don't agree with, and I just don't get it. Life's too short. Frankly, I root for KU to lose on the field, but I would be empathetic if you lost Self to Kentucky and your program went down the crapper. That wouldn't make me the least bit happy. I enjoy some success for KU, because it means more when the Cats are able to beat them. Isn't it more fun that way? Do you feel like a better person because you've beaten KSU 24 straight times in Manhattan? Wouldn't it be more fun if the games were close, and we each had some wins to go back and forth about?

Brock
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
What happened when KSU was heartbroken in '98? What happened when Bill Snyder retired? What happened when Roberson was erroneously accused of a rape right before the Fiesta Bowl?

I can't speak for all KU fans, but I didn't really give a crap about any of those things. It's only because Saul ran his mouth for months on end that most of this stuff is happening at this point.

Pants
04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
What happened when KSU was heartbroken in '98? What happened when Bill Snyder retired? What happened when Roberson was erroneously accused of a rape right before the Fiesta Bowl? That's my point: there's a line between being rivals, and being heartless. Too many on this board wish ill will on anyone they don't agree with, and I just don't get it. Life's too short. Frankly, I root for KU to lose on the field, but I would be empathetic if you lost Self to Kentucky and your program went down the crapper. That wouldn't make me the least bit happy. I enjoy some success for KU, because it means more when the Cats are able to beat them. Isn't it more fun that way? Do you feel like a better person because you've beaten KSU 24 straight times in Manhattan? Wouldn't it be more fun if the games were close, and we each had some wins to go back and forth about?

I dislike KSU, but it's nothing like the Mizzou rivalry. Sure it'd be more fun if KSU was stronger, but perennially owning you isn't a bad thing for us either. Just don't act like a saint when certain KSU fans would do, have done and will do the same or even worse.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 10:01 PM

****ing, please...

Very well put, Metrolike. Concise and to the point. You're a KU student and it shows.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 10:08 PM
I can't speak for all KU fans, but I didn't really give a crap about any of those things. It's only because Saul ran his mouth for months on end that most of this stuff is happening at this point.
Exactly right. I listened to almost a year of Saul's "what we're gonna do" then finally told him to S_T_F_U. Do it and then talk about it. So I guess I had to listen to all that shit and now he ain't gonna do it. My motto from now on is "Do it and then talk about it".

KevB
04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I dislike KSU, but it's nothing like the Mizzou rivalry. Sure it'd be more fun if KSU was stronger, but perennially owning you isn't a bad thing for us either. Just don't act like a saint when certain KSU fans would do, have done and will do the same or even worse.

I can't speak for all fans of my school or any school. I can speak for myself. If you can't read the rest of my post and understand what I'm saying, then I suppose we're done here. Have a nice time spewing the hatred.

Goldbrick
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM

No worries here.

Saul, you poor lost soul.

Al Czervik
04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
As a KU alumni, I understand how the KSU fan base feels right now.
Roy leaving was similar, but not the same. We just came off a National Championship loss, as well as being assured a few years earlier that Roy would never leave. Huggs was here for a year. Hard to get broken up to the point of wishing death on him but some kitties deal with it differently.

I am shocked at the way the KSU fans are reacting. They have been warned, over and over, that Huggs was a scumbag and would leave the minute a better program came calling. What happened to KSU is similar to the Boss screwing his secretary. Huggs is the Boss, and KSU is the secretary. The secretary should never be surprised when the Boss starts screwing another secretary.

Tonight, it truly is the blackout @ the Bram......

Cochise
04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Nobody in their right mind figured Huggins would be there for more than a few years. He was rehabbing, basically.

Now just one season... shady. But if I were the guy and didn't know if I were ever going to get a chance to go back to my dream job? I don't know what I would do.

KSU needs to find one of these ascending mid-major coaches and try to start building again. It sucks for them to find out that there's not going to be a shortcut, but that's how it goes.

Personally I'm glad Mizzou dodged the Huggins bullet. At the time I think I said I would be OK with the hire, while not enthusiastic.

I don't really see this as a terrible loss for the conference, it's back to where it was a year ago, and he was going to run off to a job he really wanted eventually. At least this gives K-State a chance to start fresh and find a real, long-term head coach and start building the program around someone who you can count on.

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
If you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.
Someone: alert Big Daddy to this hate speech.

Silock
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Isn't there something in your "Secret" scam about negative thoughts?

I think you mean *that* Kansas fan.

I'm just as upset as KSU fans (okay, maybe a little less) that Huggy left because it hurts the conference, and KU obviously needs to play better programs during the year to prepare them for the tournament.

duncan_idaho
04-05-2007, 11:04 PM

It's not a violation to relay that information to a coach to relay to a player. If he had called Beasley personally? Then you might have something...

DJay23
04-05-2007, 11:19 PM
As a Jayhawk fan, I could give a shit about what's going on at KSU. I'm more worried about which KU players if any are going pro, and what our schedule will look like for next year.

As for any KU fan giving KSU fans shit about this, you be better not be the same people who on this very board said, "KSU doesn't scare me" when all the KSU fans were saying, "Why are you so scared of KSU now?"

Logical
04-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Holy hell how did a KSU related thread get over 500 responses, anybody got an explanation. I am not interested enough to read that many posts to investigate?

MyChiefConcern
04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
I remember when Huggins was hired, and KU fans first posted this as a possibility. KSU fans, predictably, laughed it off.

Who's laughing now? Well...me...for one.

Reaper16
04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Holy hell how did a KSU related thread get over 500 responses, anybody got an explanation. I am not interested enough to read that many posts to investigate?
Bob Huggins, coach of K-State last season, left to coach West Virgina [sic], his alma mater. The awesome recruiting class, headed up by #1 recruit in the nation, Michael Beasley, is most likely going with him.

KSU is up shit creek without a paddle, and KU fans are gloating with a response they feel is in kind with the taunts that they received when Roy Williams bolted for UNC.

That's it, really.

Logical
04-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Bob Huggins, coach of K-State last season, left to coach West Virgina [sic], his alma mater. The awesome recruiting class, headed up by #1 recruit in the nation, Michael Beasley, is most likely going with him.

KSU is up shit creek without a paddle, and KU fans are gloating with a response they feel is in kind with the taunts that they received when Roy Williams bolted for UNC.

That's it, really.LOL I should have known it was KU homers at work. Thanks

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 06:13 AM
LOL I should have known it was KU homers at work. Thanks

Damn Skippy! All homers will be out in full force...

KSU homers gloated alot of crap ever since Thuggy was hired. Now their tired act is gone and played out..

Time for a little Karma....

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU HOMERS!!!!!!!

KevB
04-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Damn Skippy! All homers will be out in full force...

KSU homers gloated alot of crap ever since Thuggy was hired. Now their tired act is gone and played out..

Time for a little Karma....

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU HOMERS!!!!!!!

So KSU fan was excited about the prospects of getting better, and that really offended you? So now that their hopes have been crushed, let's all pile on. What did KSU fan's "gloating alot of crap" have to do with KU? It wasn't going to change KU's success. Why do you care? So many said Huggins and his players posed no threat whatsoever, but this would suggest otherwise I guess.

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:12 AM

****ing, please...

Now everybody knows why the Lounge was re-named. What a drama queen.

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:12 AM
So KSU fan was excited about the prospects of getting better, and that really offended you? So now that their hopes have been crushed, let's all pile on. What did KSU fan's "gloating alot of crap" have to do with KU? It wasn't going to change KU's success. Why do you care? So many said Huggins and his players posed no threat whatsoever, but this would suggest otherwise I guess.

Yep.

I've never seen such a "successful" program have such insecure fans...

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:13 AM

See the qoute above KevB in the previous message.. Should answer alot of your questions...

eazyb81
So is Frank Martin really the leading candidate for the job?

Yikes.

htismaqe
The candidate with the highest profile that I've heard about is Mike Montgomery. Not a bad option at all.

Mike Montgomery has no interest in coaching in the midwest, especially Manhattan...

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:16 AM
So is Frank Martin really the leading candidate for the job?

Yikes.

That or an AAU Coach called Hill or something... They are going to do what they can to keep that class coming in..

DJay23
04-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Yep.

And I've never seen a fan of a random ass Big 10 team care so damn much about it. As much as some of these choads make themselves look like asses, you're right up there with them with all of your bitching about it.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Yep.

Insecure?

Wow, so when they pile on and Saul runs his cock holster for over a year about huggys, GRCOAT, or the shit we took from them when we lost the 2 first rounds a couple of years? Or the shit we took when Roy left?

Karma is a bitch isnt it?

eazyb81
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
That or an AAU Coach called Hill or something... They are going to do what they can to keep that class coming in..

Which IMO is an awful idea. They need to take a long-term view rather than just worrying about next season.

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:24 AM
And I've never seen a fan of a random ass Big 10 team care so damn much about it. As much as some of these choads make themselves look like asses, you're right up there with them with all of your bitching about it.

Eat shit.

I've been a member here for 7 years. I have a right to express my opinion about other members when they're acting like babies.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:24 AM
610 is saying KSU is holding Beasley to his LOI?

Not good publicity at this moment.

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Insecure?

Wow, so when they pile on and Saul runs his cock holster for over a year about huggys, GRCOAT, or the shit we took from them when we lost the 2 first rounds a couple of years? Or the shit we took when Roy left?

Why would a fan of the GREAT and WONDROUS Kansas even CARE?

:hmmm:

DJay23
Insecure?

Show a little class, man.

Reerun_KC
Eat shit.

I've been a member here for 7 years. I have a right to express my opinion about other members when they're acting like babies.

Good God, it really isnt that big of a deal... A little payback never hurt anyone... Have some thicker skin...

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Good God, it really isnt that big of a deal... A little payback never hurt anyone... Have some thicker skin...

Thicker skin?

You never said anything about me.

You guys are acting like babies, and I feel like saying something about it. Simple as that.

DJay23
04-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Eat shit.

Wow, I really don't care how long you've been posting on the same internet message board. When you're acting like a tool, you're acting like a tool. Tool.

eazyb81
04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
The bottom line is that there is a HUGE rivalry between KU, KSU, and Mizzou, and each team's fans will take ANY opportunity to rub salt in the wounds of one of the other team's fans.

It may seem cruel to an outsider, and it probably is, but that's how it's always been. KU and KSU fans gave Mizzou fans shit for months and years over the Snyder/Clemmons fiasco, MU and KSU fans gave KU fans shit over the Bradnell losses and probation crap, and now MU and KU fans are giving shit to KSU for Huggy bailing on them. It's a vicious cycle, but that's just how it goes down here.

Ari Chi3fs
04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
ROFL

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Wow, I really don't care how long you've been posting on the same internet message board. When you're acting like a tool, you're acting like a tool. Tool.

ROFL

There's pages and pages here of KU fans acting like "tools".

Go fist yourself.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Thicker skin?

You never said anything about me.

You guys are acting like babies, and I feel like saying something about it. Simple as that.

Well your not my mother and IF I want to throw pooh at my rivals, then I will..

If they can, we can...

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:34 AM
The bottom line is that there is a HUGE rivalry between KU, KSU, and Mizzou, and each team's fans will take ANY opportunity to rub salt in the wounds of one of the other team's fans.

It may seem cruel to an outsider, and it probably is, but that's how it's always been. KU and KSU fans gave Mizzou fans shit for months and years over the Snyder/Clemmons fiasco, MU and KSU fans gave KU fans shit over the Bradnell losses and probation crap, and now MU and KU fans are giving shit to KSU for Huggy bailing on them. It's a vicious cycle, but that's just how it goes down here.

We have a winner!

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Well your not my mother and IF I want to throw pooh at my rivals, then I will..

If they can, we can...

When did I ever ask you to stop.

By all means, if you want to keep acting like idiots, it's quite entertaining.

Reerun_KC
ROFL

Go fist yourself.

You hurt my feelings...

http://www.christianpoint.org/inspiration/images/crying_baby.jpg

htismaqe
We have a winner!

Bottom line is that this is a KANSAS CITY CHIEF message board...

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:36 AM
You hurt my feelings...

http://www.christianpoint.org/inspiration/images/crying_baby.jpg

Posting personal information and pictures of yourself on a message board probably isn't a good idea...

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 07:37 AM

Then tell the Chiefs to do something worth talking about!

htismaqe
04-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Then tell the Chiefs to do something worth talking about!

According to you that's not possible as long as Herm Edwards is the coach. :)

Reerun_KC
Posting personal information and pictures of yourself on a message board probably isn't a good idea...

Well I just dried my tears from your hurtful comments.. I am better now...

Reerun_KC
According to you that's not possible as long as Herm Edwards is the coach. :)

We can talk about Herm and offense if you want?

Skip Towne
04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Eat shit.

You silver tongued devil. Hahahahaha

Mr. Plow
04-06-2007, 07:41 AM
We can talk about Herm and offense if you want?

Ok. Let's do that.

What do you think we will do on first down....Run or Run?
Second down....Run or Run?
Third down.....Run or pass short of 1st down?
Fourth down.....punt or bad snap?

DJay23
04-06-2007, 07:41 AM
ROFL

Go fist yourself.
Well then consider yourself one of them.

This is getting boring.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 07:59 AM

Bingo ......... :clap: :clap: :clap:

To the one who don't understand this, read it again........ it's college sports, what more do you need to know.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 09:00 AM
FWIW, I don't give a shit about what KU or MU fans are saying. They are having a circle jerk over this because they think they were "right". Big deal. "Class" is for losers. Classlessness is fun.

Lzen
04-06-2007, 09:04 AM

KevB, I really do feel sorry for you guys. This sucks and KU fans know how you feel. The gloating is probably more due to certain KSU fans talking trash and saying that KU was scared.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:07 AM
FWIW, I don't give a shit about what KU or MU fans are saying. They are having a circle jerk over this because they think they were "right". Big deal. "Class" is for losers. Classlessness is fun.

You do too, come clean. You know it's eating away at you. You get a coach and finally have a reason to feel good about your basketball program again and he shits in the litter box.

BTW, where is your Huggy avitar ? ROFL

Lzen
04-06-2007, 09:08 AM

What's your point? Yeah, it's a Chiefs message board that is constantly filled with a plethora of other BS topics. Who's crying now?

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
You do too, come clean. You know it's eating away at you. You get a coach and finally have a reason to feel good about your basketball program again and he shits in the litter box.
Yes - that is the part that sucks. The fact that you guys are reveling in it does not bother me in the least. If you had any comprehension skills at all, you would have drawn that from my post.

Lzen
04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm not really reveling it personally. I truly hope that KSU can find some coach that is close to the quality of coach as Huggins was. And no, I'm not talking about the off the court stuff. ;)

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes - that is the part that sucks. The fact that you guys are reveling in it does not bother me in the least. If you had any comprehension skills at all, you would have drawn that from my post.

Bullshit, straight from Kow Shit University....... You can't stand the fact that you opened yourself to so much excitement over Huggy and the GRCOAT that now when the rival fans poke at ya it stings like bee, right on that ass of yours.

How's the moving coming along ? :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Bullshit, straight from Kow Shit University....... You can't stand the fact that you opened yourself to so much excitement over Huggy and the GRCOAT that now when the rival fans poke at ya it stings like bee, right on that ass of yours.

How's the moving coming along ? :hmmm:
Each and every single one of your posts are worthless. **** off, Roy.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
BTW Saul , wasn't you at the front of the Kitten attack when Roy left for North Carolina ?

FTR, I hope you purple pussy's do get a good coach, one that can compete in the B12 and keep his nose clean. You clowns have been down so long,it was interesting just to see your name mentioned again in the top of the B12 north.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Each and every single one of your posts are worthless. **** off, Roy.

But yet you say it doesn't bother you ........ priceless. ROFL

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 09:19 AM

Yeah, that shit doesn't bother me in the least. I'm a big boy, so bring it.

I just can't stand the ongoing pissing matches that evolve on these threads. I think it's my age that's starting to show. I just don't have the vigor/staying power to keep up with the "you suck, no you suck, NO, you suck, NO, YOU FKG SUCK, posts that go on, and on, and on, and on.

I don't mind people doing it - hell, we deserve it. I just don't have the fire to participate in the battles.

Short Leash Hootie
04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
K-State got Bishop'd...again!

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 09:21 AM
K-State got Bishop'd...again!
More like Sirr Parker'd : )

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
More like their Huggy gave them a wedgie .......... Should have used Pampers.

HemiEd
04-06-2007, 09:27 AM

Well I ignored the thread until the deal went down. The first page is worth your time Jim, good read.

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 09:27 AM
More like their Huggy gave them a wedgie .......... Should have used Pampers.

Seriously, you need to work on the sharpness of your wit.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 09:30 AM
He's in his 50's. I doubt he will be getting any sharper.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:35 AM

Ha Ha, Huggy wedgied your ass when you needed to have them pussies pampered.......

Guess it went over yur heads....... That's OK, guys, I won't hold it against ya. I won't beat ya down to hard ,After all, we are all Chiefs fans, we have alot in common.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
He's in his 50's. I doubt he will be getting any sharper.

Wrong again ........ you have been wrong alot here lately Saul.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Monkey's who fling pooh, dont like having pooh flung back at them...

MyChiefConcern
04-06-2007, 10:03 AM
There's an awesome thread over on the KSU scout affiliate in which KSU fans and WVU fans are in a "No, YOU'RE the bigger hick!" throwdown.

Simply awesome. And for those of you trying to turn this into a KSU sympathy fest...grow up. Do you not pay attention to what goes on around here and on EVERY OTHER BOARD populated by both KU and KSU fans? They jump at every single chance to give KU fans shit, and the KU fans give the same in return. It's called rivalry. Fans of opposing teams like it when shit goes all to hell for the rival.

Saul's a tool, but I honestly doubt he's going to be crying in his beer tonight because of what Roy or Reerun_KC had to say on The Planet.

Frankly, this shit couldn't have happened to a nicer fanbase. All that smug crap about how KU's reign at the top was over, how he was in it for the long haul, how KSU was just as good a basketball school as KU...eff that.

Ari Chi3fs
04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
is this thread eligible for the Hall of Classics yet?

Ari Chi3fs
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
There's an awesome thread over on the KSU scout affiliate in which KSU fans and WVU fans are in a "No, YOU'RE the bigger hick!" throwdown.

Simply awesome.

link?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Nobody in their right mind figured Huggins would be there for more than a few years. He was rehabbing, basically.

Now just one season... shady. But if I were the guy and didn't know if I were ever going to get a chance to go back to my dream job? I don't know what I would do.

KSU needs to find one of these ascending mid-major coaches and try to start building again. It sucks for them to find out that there's not going to be a shortcut, but that's how it goes.

Personally I'm glad Mizzou dodged the Huggins bullet. At the time I think I said I would be OK with the hire, while not enthusiastic.

I don't really see this as a terrible loss for the conference, it's back to where it was a year ago, and he was going to run off to a job he really wanted eventually. At least this gives K-State a chance to start fresh and find a real, long-term head coach and start building the program around someone who you can count on.

EXACTLY...I'd have happily taken 3 years....but ONE!?! In 3 years he could have brought some stability and improvement to the program, and as we sit today, we are taking a HUGE step backward. In my opinion we are worse off today that before Huggy cam, especially if we cannot retain the recruits, which we probably can't.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
It's not a violation to relay that information to a coach to relay to a player. If he had called Beasley personally? Then you might have something...

the rules preven DIRECT OR INDIRECT CONTACT. This is clearly the latter.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Hahaha, the meltdown in Kittyland is priceless.

All of you dumbass fans were so confident that Huggy would stay for long term which in reality everyone outside of shitty Manhattan knew otherwise.

chubychecker
04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Hahaha, the meltdown in Kittyland is priceless.

All of you dumbass fans were so confident that Huggy would stay for long term which in reality everyone outside of shitty Manhattan knew otherwise.

You're all class. Douchebag.

KevB
04-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Frankly, this shit couldn't have happened to a nicer fanbase. All that smug crap about how KU's reign at the top was over, how he was in it for the long haul, how KSU was just as good a basketball school as KU...eff that.

This is the height of irony. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Al Czervik
04-06-2007, 10:59 AM
You're all class. Douchebag.

Yep....just like all the KSU fans wishing death to Huggs.....All class there

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
as anyone who knows me can attest, I thought Roy should have stayed. I always felt that if he was going to go, he should have gone the first time.

I don't think you can compare Roy leaving to Huggy though. Roy was at KU for what, 14 or 15 years....KU got plenty of return on that investment.

Pitt Gorilla
04-06-2007, 11:25 AM
the rules preven DIRECT OR INDIRECT CONTACT. This is clearly the latter.Seeing Cat fans talking about NCAA rules seems a bit funny now. I have had more than a couple KSU fans tell me they didn't care what Huggy had to do to get players as long as they got to Manhattan. Now they, like you, are concerned with "the rules." It's kind of funny.

Ari Chi3fs
04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/ap/media/Kansas_St_Huggins_Basketball.sff.jpg

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Seeing Cat fans talking about NCAA rules seems a bit funny now. I have had more than a couple KSU fans tell me they didn't care what Huggy had to do to get players as long as they got to Manhattan. Now they, like you, are concerned with "the rules." It's kind of funny.

funny....I've never heard that. In fact, I've heard fans saying they were worried about what he might do.

Pitt Gorilla
04-06-2007, 11:44 AM
funny....I've never heard that. In fact, I've heard fans saying they were worried about what he might do.Good Lord, I think I even saw it on here. My childhood friends, who went to KSU, made no bones about it. Huggy had to do what Huggy had to do to get players; they'd deal with the problems later if it meant making KSU basketball relevant in Kansas again.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Good Lord, I think I even saw it on here. My childhood friends, who went to KSU, made no bones about it. Huggy had to do what Huggy had to do to get players; they'd deal with the problems later if it meant making KSU basketball relevant in Kansas again.

I said from day one that Huggy would be on a short leash, and that was needed to keep him out of trouble.

:shrug:

duncan_idaho
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
the rules preven DIRECT OR INDIRECT CONTACT. This is clearly the latter.

You also have no idea what Huggins actually said to the high school coach.

Obviously, the intention was to make it clear there would be room for Beasley and company at West Virginia should they want to go there. Good luck proving actual tampering.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
You also have no idea what Huggins actually said to the high school coach.

Obviously, the intention was to make it clear there would be room for Beasley and company at West Virginia should they want to go there. Good luck proving actual tampering.

there's the good thing...I don't have to prove anything. I'll let the NCAA have their fun if they choose too. But if what Sutton said is true, Bob is a bigger ass than we bargained for, especially since he gave the Wichita Eagle an exclusive and said he had NO intentions of asking or encouraging any current players, staff, or recruits to go to WVU.

I would imagine that Sutton's comments will at least garner some preliminary investigation by the NCAA though.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds like Bill Walker is definitely staying.

Other than that, we may hire Frank Martin for HC and Dalonte Hill as an assistant coach. That would keep the recruiting class in tact, but for the future, who knows what it would hold?

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Walker and Beasley will transfer.

duncan_idaho
04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
there's the good thing...I don't have to prove anything. I'll let the NCAA have their fun if they choose too. But if what Sutton said is true, Bob is a bigger ass than we bargained for, especially since he gave the Wichita Eagle an exclusive and said he had NO intentions of asking or encouraging any current players, staff, or recruits to go to WVU.

I would imagine that Sutton's comments will at least garner some preliminary investigation by the NCAA though.

I guess my point is that there are so many innocent ways Huggins could have relayed that he had three spots opening up (hey, how's it going coach xxx? Just wanted to say thank you for our relationship while I was at K-State and let you know that I hope we can maintain a good relationship now that I'm at West Virginia. I've got a hard task ahead of me - I mean, I already have three guys here transferring. Don't know how I'll fill those spots...).

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Walker and Beasley will transfer.

No way does Walker transfer. He would have to sit out a year, and he has no more interest in sitting on the bench. He will play semi-pro ball before transferring. But I think he stays if we don't bungle the coaching decision.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:04 PM

No worries here.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
ROFL
Even KU fans think you are a retard. :) FYI.

"Sasha Kaun SUCKS!!!"

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:07 PM
No way does Walker transfer. He would have to sit out a year, and he has no more interest in sitting on the bench. He will play semi-pro ball before transferring. But I think he stays if we don't bungle the coaching decision.

KSU basketball is as good as dead. The fans know it, Walker and Beasley know it. They're HS All Americans that don't want to play some shitty bball program. They weren't faced with that when Huggy was in town.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Even KU fans think you are a retard. :) FYI.

"Sasha Kaun SUCKS!!!"

Sasha Kaun does suck. My opinion on that wont ever change.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Sasha Kaun does suck. My opinion on that wont ever change.
That's because you have no clue. None.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 12:15 PM
KSU basketball is as good as dead. The fans know it, Walker and Beasley know it. They're HS All Americans that don't want to play some shitty bball program. They weren't faced with that when Huggy was in town.

So you're still convinced Walker is gonna leave?

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
That's because you have no clue. None.

:rolleyes:

Saul I understand youre mourning from the loss of Huggy to his alma mater, but now you're just being silly.

All I can remember is reading post after post of statements from you claiming that Huggy would stay in Manhattan for years to come.

Everyone outside of Manhattan mania knew it was only a matter of time until another program snatched him up. KSU was just a pitstop, everyone knew it.

MyChiefConcern
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Regardless of how bad or good he is, there's no doubting that he's better than a certain member of GRCOAT.

What a fun day. Loved Petro's snark at Kietzman earlier, too.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
So you're still convinced Walker is gonna leave?

I honestly think he'll pull a Padgett and leave. He may stay you never know. But I dont know why he would want to. Many bigtime programs could use his services.

Hell maybe he'd want to come play at Kansas. jk

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I honestly think he'll pull a Padgett and leave. He may stay you never know. But I dont know why he would want to. Many bigtime programs could use his services.

Hell maybe he'd want to come play at Kansas. jk

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5614/dafadsfeg7.png
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8761/billau3.png

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Bill is the only one who truly got screwed. I feel for him.

duncan_idaho
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Gotta love the Facebook. The wonders of the internet age...

Good for Walker. I hope he comes back 100 percent, has a great year and makes his NBA dreams come true. He doesn't need Bob Huggins to be a superstar.

MyChiefConcern
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Bill doesn't seem too broken up by it.

Maybe he realized what KSU fans absolutely refused to: that you can't take slime at its word.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Bill doesn't seem too broken up by it.

Maybe he realized what KSU fans absolutely refused to: that you can't take slime at its word.
Mangino=Wooldridge.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:29 PM
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5614/dafadsfeg7.png
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8761/billau3.png

Hey off topic, how do you copy/paste web pages like that? Ive always wondered how to do that.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey off topic, how do you copy/paste web pages like that? Ive always wondered how to do that.
Man, you are really dumb.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Man, you are really dumb.

Saul are you still PMSing?

Ultra Peanut
04-06-2007, 12:38 PM
So KSU fan was excited about the prospects of getting better, and that really offended you? So now that their hopes have been crushed, let's all pile on. Exactly. Such a dick move.

I mean, I laughed at Arkansas' ability to run off an MVC coach one day after hiring him, but this is completely different. This is a program that had a bright future getting steamrolled by circumstance. If Huggy's dream job doesn't open up, none of this happens and Kansas fans have to simply settle for their Elite 8 season to get them through the offseason.

Ha Ha, Huggy wedgied your ass when you needed to have them pussies pampered.......

Guess it went over yur heads....... No, it was just ****ing obtuse.

Hey off topic, how do you copy/paste web pages like that? Ive always wondered how to do that.You get a camera and take a picture of it, then get it developed and scan it in.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 12:40 PM

I'd tell you, but you're a dick. I don't like dicks.

hawkchief
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM

SInce when have your illustrious AD and Prez not bungled a coaching decision?

Hiring some of THugs' left-behind scum to keep a low-character kid like Beasley for one year sounds like a great idea, huh. I bet the boosters would really like that "plan".

KSU needs a fresh start, and get away from sleezballs like Frank Martin and Hill. Why would Beasley want to spend his one year of college hoops playing for a High School coach when he could play for USC, NC State or West Virginia with proven winners?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 12:44 PM
SInce when have your illustrious AD and Prez not bungled a coaching decision?

Hiring some of THugs' left-behind scum to keep a low-character kid like Beasley for one year sounds like a great idea, huh. I bet the boosters would really like that "plan".

KSU needs a fresh start, and get away from sleezballs like Frank Martin and Hill. Why would Beasley want to spend his one year of college hoops playing for a High School coach when he could play for USC, NC State or West Virginia with proven winners?

Huggy ****ed us over...they didn't bungle that decision, except at being naive enough to have such a low buyout.

what other decision have they bungled?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Why would Beasley want to spend his one year of college hoops playing for a High School coach when he could play for USC, NC State or West Virginia with proven winners?

you d o realize that Beasley followed Hill here, and that he has said he will follow him wherever...he doesn't care about what school necessarily as he knows he will shine wherever he is. His relationship with Hill is what's important to him.

MyChiefConcern
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Mangino=Wooldridge.

Yeah, which is why I'm not a big Mangino defender. He's better than Allen, but that's hardly a feat.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel with your material here, Saul. I can't believe you'd even attempt to argue that our (KU fans') glee over this situation doesn't bug the ever-loving shit out of you.

I haven't seen you this pissy since...ever.

hawkchief
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Huggy ****ed us over...they didn't bungle that decision, except at being naive enough to have such a low buyout.

what other decision have they bungled?

Virtually no other schools had interest in THuggins last year for good reason. Your admins were the only ones foolish enough to deal with the character - that's not getting ****ed over, it's getting what most thought you would a year ago, albeit in perhaps a different form.

THuggins is a side-show complete with alcohol, drugs, rapists, poor academics and broken promises. It amazes me that after all this that KSU would want to affiliate their hoops program with people cut from his cloth.

MyChiefConcern
04-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Virtually no other schools had interest in THuggins last year for good reason. Your admins were the only ones foolish enough to deal with the character - that's not getting ****ed over, it's getting what most thought you would a year ago, albeit in perhaps a different form.

Bing-freaking-O.

KU fans tried to tell you guys. You just didn't want any part of it.

$100,000 buyout? That didn't smell fishy to ANY of you at the time?

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, which is why I'm not a big Mangino defender. He's better than Allen, but that's hardly a feat.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel with your material here, Saul. I can't believe you'd even attempt to argue that our (KU fans') glee over this situation doesn't bug the ever-loving shit out of you.

I haven't seen you this pissy since...ever.

No kidding. haha

hawkchief
04-06-2007, 01:08 PM
you d o realize that Beasley followed Hill here, and that he has said he will follow him wherever...he doesn't care about what school necessarily as he knows he will shine wherever he is. His relationship with Hill is what's important to him.

First, lwt's see how intrested Beasley actually is when it comes down to staking his career to guys like Martin and Hill, if it comes to that. I guess if you are willing to make your coaching hire based on a whimsical 18 year old like Beasley and his 1-year wishes, then it simply shows how desperate and pathetic your program is.

KSU should run from anything remotely associated with THugs sooner than later. As a KU fan, I am sick of KSU going further in the tank and becoming such a poor potential rival. It sucks for the entire conference, period. The Big XII schools need and deserve better than the crap KSU is putting forth.

Not having the common sense to start over, rather than double-down with THugs roadies, is god-awful. You all saw your sad, pathetic admins on TV yesterday crying in their THuggy beers. Are you actually proud that guys like that are making major decisions for your university?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 01:15 PM
First, lwt's see how intrested Beasley actually is when it comes down to staking his career to guys like Martin and Hill, if it comes to that. I guess if you are willing to make your coaching hire based on a whimsical 18 year old like Beasley and his 1-year wishes, then it simply shows how desperate and pathetic your program is.

KSU should run from anything remotely associated with THugs sooner than later. As a KU fan, I am sick of KSU going further in the tank and becoming such a poor potential rival. It sucks for the entire conference, period. The Big XII schools need and deserve better than the crap KSU is putting forth.

Not having the common sense to start over, rather than double-down with THugs roadies, is god-awful. You all saw your sad, pathetic admins on TV yesterday crying in their THuggy beers. Are you actually proud that guys like that are making major decisions for your university?

Huggins had nothing to do with Beasley coming here, aside from the fact he hired Hill as an assistant. Beasley doesn't give a shit about huggins.

I don't see anyone really seriously calling for Martin and Hill to become HC and AHC, and honestly I don't know enough about them to make a call, but my gut says they aren't experienced enough for that yet.

And yes, I am very proud that our University President and Athletic Director are real people who have morals and ethics. I'm glad they were willing to show that they, like the rest of us, felt we got a raw deal. Huggins may have been a snake, but that doesn't make what he did any better or easier to accept.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Huggins had nothing to do with Beasley coming here, aside from the fact he hired Hill as an assistant. Beasley doesn't give a shit about huggins.

I don't see anyone really seriously calling for Martin and Hill to become HC and AHC, and honestly I don't know enough about them to make a call, but my gut says they aren't experienced enough for that yet.

And yes, I am very proud that our University President and Athletic Director are real people who have morals and ethics. I'm glad they were willing to show that they, like the rest of us, felt we got a raw deal. Huggins may have been a snake, but that doesn't make what he did any better or easier to accept.

Would be a good time to go out and get a solid mid major coach, (Grant from VCU) and just start over. Take what you can get and move on... I dont see what the big deal is over Beasley and his one year? Is he actually going to make or break your season?

Hiring Martin or Hill might make or break your program, would be best to move on and start rebuilding with a younger up and coming coach....

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 01:19 PM

I dont think Beasley would have come if Hill was hired by Woolridge.

I just think it's funny how so many KSU fans didn't see this coming when everyone else in the Big12 did.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:22 PM

I just think it's funny how so many KSU fans didn't see this coming when everyone else in the Big12 did.

Why didnt they see it? Because they were selling their souls for basketball wins... They were willing to over look everything in the past and welcomed in the Devil with open arms...

They knew what they were getting, they just chose to ignore it all, in hopes of beating KU at home for the first time in 25 years....

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM

You saw the WVU job opening in 06 for 07? Man you are good.....

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I'd tell you, but you're a dick. I don't like dicks.

Is that why you cut yours off ? ROFL J/K . I had to do it, it was an open invitation. :D

Codered
04-06-2007, 01:26 PM

I don't think WVU was the only job he would have left KSU for. It was probably the only job he would have left them for this early though. I think most people realized that KSU was a way for Huggins to get back into the game nothing more.

Leaving after one year no matter where it was too sort of supports that.

CoMoChief
04-06-2007, 01:29 PM

WTF are you talking about? I wasn't referring to WVU specifically. Everyone outside Manhattan knew that Huggins would stay only temporarily until a better program snatched him up. It just so happens that his alma mater had a job opening. Everyone knew KSU was just gonna be no more than a pit stop for Huggins.

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
WTF are you talking about? I wasn't referring to WVU specifically. Everyone outside Manhattan knew that Huggins would stay only temporarily until a better program snatched him up. It just so happens that his alma mater had a job opening. Everyone knew KSU was just gonna be no more than a pit stop for Huggins.

Well, at least you are speculating........... :rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, at least you are speculating........... :rolleyes:

Now it is time to speculate on who the new coach will be?

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
KSU need to really start all over with a new coach,not the leftovers and let the kids do as they please. Both of the current Ass. Coaches have very little college experence at all. Holding the kids to LOI's and to a coach they may not want to play for could very well be suicide to the university.

Sure it will suck for a few years rebuilding, But how much damage could it do if it turned ugly 1st.

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Now it is time to speculate on who the new coach will be?

Frank Martin HC
Dalonte Hill Asst

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
KSU need to really start all over with a new coach,not the leftovers and let the kids do as they please. Both of the current Ass. Coaches have very little college experence at all. Holding the kids to LOI's and to a coach they may not want to play for could very well be suicide to the university.

Sure it will suck for a few years rebuilding, But how much damage could it do if it turned ugly 1st.

True and who knows, you hire a solid young coach and those guys might just come to KSU....

They really need to step up the search and go after someone that is up and coming and willing to take a chance just to be in a bigger BCS conference....

If they put there faith in Martin and Hill, They wont be very good regardless of the talent on the floor....

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Frank Martin HC
Dalonte Hill Asst

Sure that is a good move? How much D1 HC coaching experience do they have?

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 01:40 PM

Martin would have about as much as Gillespie when he took over UTEP.

We're ****ed in so many ways right now that rolling the dice on these assts (who are EXCELLENT recruiters) won't be much of a gamble. I think that combo keeps our class intact, and may give some momentum to the 08 Class.

Lzen
04-06-2007, 01:41 PM

Frankly, I don't see how that should matter that much. Have the guys been successful in their coaching careers? If the answer is yes, then why not take a chance? Guys like Roy Williams and Bill Self were once complete nobodies as far as D1 HC experience is concerned. They seemed to do alright. I think KSU started the rebuilding process last year. Huggy brought them along. Why go back to square one? If they can keep the recruits and continue with the program rebuild, it would be better, IMO. But alas, I am just a rival fan and these are just my opinions.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Frankly, I don't see how that should matter that much. Have the guys been successful in their coaching careers? If the answer is yes, then why not take a chance? Guys like Roy Williams and Bill Self were once complete nobodies as far as D1 HC experience is concerned. They seemed to do alright. I think KSU started the rebuilding process last year. Huggy brought them along. Why go back to square one? If they can keep the recruits and continue with the program rebuild, it would be better, IMO. But alas, I am just a rival fan and these are just my opinions.

True, but Self cut his teeth at Tulsa and ORU, Roy learned under Devil Smith at UNC for 10+ years...

regardless of recruiting and coaching, are they ready to go up agianst the big boys of the BIG 12, etc....

Maybe they are and I am selling them short, but IF I was a KSU fan, I would want someone other than these 2 right now... Zero experience coaching at the D1 level would concern me...

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Maybe they are and I am selling them short, but IF I was a KSU fan, I would want someone other than these 2 right now... Zero experience coaching at the D1 level would concern me...
We aren't KU, UK or UNC. We can't pluck coaches from established programs.

However, we can bring in 2 guys that can recruit. That is a major part of the battle.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
We aren't KU, UK or UNC. We can't pluck coaches from established programs.

However, we can bring in 2 guys that can recruit. That is a major part of the battle.

No but you could of went after Grant from VCU, giving him a chance to coach in a BCS conference....

Thinking long term here... Not just next years class....

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Martin would have about as much as Gillespie when he took over UTEP.

We're ****ed in so many ways right now that rolling the dice on these assts (who are EXCELLENT recruiters) won't be much of a gamble. I think that combo keeps our class intact, and may give some momentum to the 08 Class.

Seriously, If the players are up to that and the current hire does know alot about basketball, more that recruiting, it is a very smart move because of the talent coming in.

Alot of that will be determined if the players are willing to still show up.....

As much as I have given the crap back to some Cat fans, I hope the talent does stay. It can only help the exposure of the B12.

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
No but you could of went after Grant from VCU, giving him a chance to coach in a BCS conference....

Thinking long term here... Not just next years class....
Anthony Grant has been at VCU for 1 year.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM

isn't he? He was Miss Cleo before he got the sex change.

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Anthony Grant has been at VCU for 1 year.

doesnt matter now does it?

Saulbadguy
04-06-2007, 02:06 PM
doesnt matter now does it?
Not at all, just pointing out that you are talking out your asshole, as always.

Grant has done a good job with Jeff Capels players. I expect he will probably do fairly well in the future. However, in the short term, it would be a disastrous hire. In fact, anyone else rather than the 2 guys we have on the job probably would have been disastrous in the first couple years.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Well, I can't say I think much of this, but at any rate, the recruits better at least stick it out.

I;m worried we didn't really try for anything better since this happened so quick. I maybe would have bought into this more next week after some tire-kicking had been done.

I guess only time will tell...

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Not at all, just pointing out that you are talking out your asshole, as always.

OUT my asshole? Wow Saul, Good thing I wasnt the one on here whining and talking about Huggins not leaving and circle jerking each other over huggins...

You have alot of room to talk, Man you can be such a prick and baby when it comes to trying to have a civilized conversation about basketball..

Stop being a pussy and be a man once in awhile...

Reerun_KC
04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, I can't say I think much of this, but at any rate, the recruits better at least stick it out.

I;m worried we didn't really try for anything better since this happened so quick. I maybe would have bought into this more next week after some tire-kicking had been done.

I guess only time will tell...

true, Next year you will have the talent.

Now we will see how that talent is used and developed.. I am sure Martin and Hill are good coaches, I dont know much about them...

It will be the following year with the new kids and what you lose with Beasley and Walker...

Is Patterson still coming?

ChiTown
04-06-2007, 02:26 PM
true, Next year you will have the talent.

Now we will see how that talent is used and developed.. I am sure Martin and Hill are good coaches, I dont know much about them...

It will be the following year with the new kids and what you lose with Beasley and Walker...

Is Patterson still coming?

Patterson was never going to be a Wildcat, as far as I knew.

The other thing, Walker has now blown out both knees. I think we'll have to see how things go for him relative to what happens to his production before we label him done after the 08 season.

I honestly think, barring a miraculous season, he'll be back for at least his JR year. Relative to Beasley, he "might" be a 1 and done. My guess is that there will be a heap-load of pressure on him next year to be "the guy". We'll see how he handles it with our rookie HC.

ROYC75
04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Patterson is on the list for KY and Fl, along with a few others.

Sam Hall
04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
This is where Thuggy calls home

Ari Chi3fs
04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I think KSU was smart to snag Martin ASAP, IF, they are able to salvage the recruits. But, at least they are giving effort to do so. B+ for effort.

WilliamTheIrish
04-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Good Lord, I think I even saw it on here. My childhood friends, who went to KSU, made no bones about it. Huggy had to do what Huggy had to do to get players; they'd deal with the problems later if it meant making KSU basketball relevant in Kansas again.

Of course your friends told you that. It's like the SUV driving family (with a fish in the back) that stole the Easter eggs.

Huggins had not had any trouble with the NCAA in over a decade. Weiser had meetings in Indy regarding that situation.

Don't make shit up.

WilliamTheIrish
04-07-2007, 05:21 PM

You didn't see it. The dominos fell just right for Huggs to go back to WVU.

The actual truth of the whole matter is regarding rival fans was this:

1) Huggins won't come to Manhattan.

2) He won't be able to recruit to Manhattan.

3) Probabation. Probation. Probation.

4) He got a DUI.

5) He'll leave for a better job.

You got one right.

arrowheadnation
04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm not going to pile on. It's a shame the way he did Manhattan the way he did, but that's life. Beasley will come and be good. Walker will still be there with his bucket-o-popcorn. The Cats will win 19+ games off of sheer talent alone. The year after will be the make or break year for Martin and Hill. I don't like their chances, but who knows. Regardless of all of this, the streak at AFHW as well as our dominance over little brother to the West should be intact for the forseeable future.