PDA

View Full Version : Hey KSU Homers, Look who is looking at your coach.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159#S=159&F=2509&T=350163

The boys from WVU are starting to take a look-see at old Mr. Huggins...

Saul/Bill, You guys okay?

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
another link of note

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159#S=159&F=2509&T=350153

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Why in the hell would Huggins even look in WVU's direction?

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Because it's his alma mater

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I doubt he takes it, but this should be fun ruffling up Saul and Bill over this one...

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:08 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=173&F=2671#S=173&F=2671&T=350874

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
It's a Jayhawk wet dream. Cue the "No..we want him to stay because it will make us better!"

No worries here.

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=173&F=2671#S=173&F=2671&T=350874

What's that got to do with coaching a basketball team?

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
It's a Jayhawk wet dream. Cue the "No..we want him to stay because it will make us better!"

No worries here.
:rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:11 PM
What's that got to do with coaching a basketball team?
Absolutely nothing.

Lzen
04-03-2007, 03:12 PM

No worries here.

Yep, Saul is scared. ROFL

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:12 PM

No worries here.

Sounds more like you are panicing about the fact that he might go?

Why would a Jayhawker be having wet dreams... So we starting a new "night the streak ends" theme for this year?

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Sounds more like you are panicing about the fact that he might go?

Why would a Jayhawker be having wet dreams... So we starting a new "night the streak ends" theme for this year?
I wasn't worried about it last year - why would I be worried about it this year?

If anything, it is highly entertaining to see the KU fans jerk each other off at the prospect of Huggins pulling a "Roy", and now I get WVU fans to screw with. I get tired of razzing the same old KU, MU and NU fans..this is new blood. I'm excited!

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Yep, Saul is scared. ROFL

I would be if I was them... When the Alma Mater comes calling, it is hard to resist those feelings...

Honestly I hope he stays... It gives us something to talk about.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I wasn't worried about it last year - why would I be worried about it this year?

If anything, it is highly entertaining to see the KU fans jerk each other off at the prospect of Huggins pulling a "Roy", and now I get WVU fans to screw with. I get tired of razzing the same old KU, MU and NU fans..this is new blood. I'm excited!

Because WVU is actually looking this way...

What makes you think he wont leave Saul? Do you have him balls deep or something?

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 03:20 PM

It could always happen.

I bet its 50,000 times easier to recruit over on the east coast to WVU than it would to be having players come to Manhattan.

And it's his alma mater.

UNC is the ONLY job Roy would leave Kansas for. He's stated that many many times.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:24 PM
It could always happen.

I bet its 50,000 times easier to recruit over on the east coast to WVU than it would to be having players come to Manhattan.

And it's his alma mater.

UNC is the ONLY job Roy would leave Kansas for. He's stated that many many times.
Have you ever been to the state of West Virginia?

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Have you?

htismaqe
Because it's his alma mater

That really doesn't mean anything...

CoMoChief

Yeah its a very pretty country. Unlike the state of Kansas. It's on the east coast. The recruiting pipeline over there is much larger and you know that.

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM

Sure it does.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Have you?
Yes. Twice.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Well according to them they did turn Huggy down once, so lets see if they come calling again. Should make for an interesting couple of days or weeks...

I could careless one way or another, if it wasnt for Saul or Bill, I wouldnt even notice that KSU actually had a basketball team..

But Saul and Bill are pretty cool, so it is fun to razz them a little with this.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes. Twice.

I am sorry...

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah its a very pretty country. Unlike the state of Kansas. It's on the east coast. The recruiting pipeline over there is much larger and you know that.
Yeah, when I think West Virginia, I think "pipeline". It's not on the east coast, either. They consider themselves "southerners".

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I am sorry...
Once was for the KSU vs Marshall football game. The other time was just driving through it. Some parts of it are pretty, but overall not that different from Kansas or Missouri.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Sure it does.

The only people that it matters to are the people trying to connect Huggins to the WVU job.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Sure it does.
5 minutes to Wapner.

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, when I think West Virginia, I think "pipeline". It's not on the east coast, either. They consider themselves "southerners".

They're an eastern school Saul. The state borders Pennsylvania so I would question the statement of them being "southerners".They get a lot of their recruits from that region of the country.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:32 PM
The only people that it matters to are the people trying to connect Huggins to the WVU job.

Why wouldnt you connect Huggins to the WVU job?

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
They're an eastern school Saul. The get a lot of their recruits from that region of the country.
So does Kansas State. It really doesn't matter where Huggins goes, he can recruit anywhere he feels like. He is actually recruiting better at Manhattan than he did at UC.

I wonder how you find air to breathe, sometimes. Good lord.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Why wouldnt you connect Huggins to the WVU job?

Because I'm not interested in deflecting attention away from my team and onto a team that didn't even make the tournament...

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Because I'm not interested in deflecting attention away from my team and onto a team that didn't even make the tournament...

Were not talking about IOWA, didn't you just hire away Butlers coach?

Besides, I am just harassing Bill and Saul about it.. Huggy isnt going anywhere, but it is funny to watch all the talk about him...

That talk plants a seed of doubt in KSU fans thoughts, watching them get a little nervous is pretty fun...

Also no need to bash them about not making the tourney. That was a Hose job by the NCAA, if there ever has been one.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Were not talking about IOWA, didn't you just hire away Butlers coach?

Besides, I am just harassing Bill and Saul about it.. Huggy isnt going anywhere, but it is funny to watch all the talk about him...

That talk plants a seed of doubt in KSU fans thoughts, watching them get a little nervous is pretty fun...

Also no need to bash them about not making the tourney. That was a Hose job by the NCAA, if there ever has been one.

I just don't understand Jayhawk fans spending so much time and energy on KSU.

All we ever here is how superior KU is to KSU. If you REALLY believed that, you wouldn't give KSU fans the time of day.

Something tells me the presence of Huggins in Manhattan makes KU fans a little nervous...

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
I just don't understand Jayhawk fans spending so much time and energy on KSU.

All we ever here is how superior KU is to KSU. If you REALLY believed that, you wouldn't give KSU fans the time of day.

Something tells me the presence of Huggins in Manhattan makes KU fans a little nervous...

So should the presence of Rick Barnes, Bobby Knight and Billy G...

Bobby Huggins is good for the conference. Yeah someday, KSU is going to finally win a game at Allen West... Hell Saul has already purchased Final Four tickets for next year...

"If you REALLY believed that, you wouldn't give KSU fans the time of day."
What? We not allowed to razz our in-state rivals and friends that are KSU fans? Hell all we here are none stop bagging on us for our so called tourney chokes when we are usually the only team in the BIG 12 left playing..

Its all fair game...

Huggins is bringing some much needed attitude to the Big 12... Do I really want to see him leave? Honestly NO, I dont... But if he leaves, I will pile on just like KSU fan did when Roy left for UNC... Just part of the fun about being rivals.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
So should the presence of Rick Barnes, Bobby Knight and Billy G...

Bobby Huggins is good for the conference. Yeah someday, KSU is going to finally win a game at Allen West... Hell Saul has already purchased Final Four tickets for next year...

"If you REALLY believed that, you wouldn't give KSU fans the time of day."
What? We not allowed to razz our in-state rivals and friends that are KSU fans? Hell all we here are none stop bagging on us for our so called tourney chokes when we are usually the only team in the BIG 12 left playing..

Its all fair game...

Huggins is bringing some much needed attitude to the Big 12... Do I really want to see him leave? Honestly NO, I dont... But if he leaves, I will pile on just like KSU fan did when Roy left for UNC... Just part of the fun about being rivals.

From the stuff I've seen here in the last year, it's not a "little razzing", it's an obsession...

ROYC75
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
From the stuff I've seen here in the last year, it's not a "little razzing", it's an obsession...

Hey, it's rivals. The problem is KSU hasn't been much of a rival for years, with Thuggy Bear, it will change. I welcome it, He will not leave KSU after just getting started with the GRCOAT.

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
So does Kansas State. It really doesn't matter where Huggins goes, he can recruit anywhere he feels like. He is actually recruiting better at Manhattan than he did at UC.

I wonder how you find air to breathe, sometimes. Good lord.

Oh Saul, dont get your panties all tied up in a knot.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:27 PM

Maybe to some it is... Hell there are KU message boards buzzing about the possible departure of Huggins from KSU...

To me, he is better for the conference and will make KU better, so why not want him to stay?

Yes alot of people are ready for the Thuggins of old to show up. Maybe he will, Maybe he wont...

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey, it's rivals. The problem is KSU hasn't been much of a rival for years, with Thuggy Bear, it will change. I welcome it, He will not leave KSU after just getting started with the GRCOAT.

That's kinda what I was getting at.

To be a rivalry, it has to be somewhat competitive.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Oh Saul, dont get your panties all tied up in a knot.

When did Huggy become a "GOD" in the coaching family?

MyChiefConcern
04-03-2007, 04:30 PM

ROFL. Are you serious?

There isn't a fanbase in the country with a bigger inferiority complex than the that of the Kansas State Wildcats. They want so badly to be relevant in the minds of KU fans that...well...it's kind of embarrassing. Saul is exhibit A, if you've ever seen his work over on the KU Scout affiliate.

All that said...Huggins isn't going anywhere. The fans at KSU are itching for a return to national prominence, and they've shown they don't care who Huggy recruits to get them there. He's already a god in Manhattan, and all they've got to show for it is an NIT performance. He's got the best player in the country coming in, and between he, Evans (He just held the girl down! Give him a chance!), and Walker they should be pretty salty. Especially considering how badly the Big 12 North blows ass, outside of the Jayhawks.

He'd be a fool to leave. WVU will come calling again, further on down the road, after he's established himself among the top 25 coaches in the country.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:30 PM

It will get very competative soon. Huggy will get some great athletes to KSU, they will be studs and most likely of low moral character, but that is what makes the rivaly that much better.

I really liked that Walker (Mr. Popcorn) kid. He seems to have a good head and a strong game. Lets just hope his knees hold out. Mr Beasley will not be able to carry the whole team as a freshman...

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
ROFL. Are you serious?

There isn't a fanbase in the country with a bigger inferiority complex than the that of the Kansas State Wildcats. They want so badly to be relevant in the minds of KU fans that...well...it's kind of embarrassing. Saul is exhibit A, if you've ever seen his work over on the KU Scout affiliate.

All that said...Huggins isn't going anywhere. The fans at KSU are itching for a return to national prominence, and they've shown they don't care who Huggy recruits to get them there. He's already a god in Manhattan, and all they've got to show for it is an NIT performance. He's got the best player in the country coming in, and between he, Evans (He just held the girl down! Give him a chance!), and Walker they should be pretty salty. Especially considering how badly the Big 12 North blows ass, outside of the Jayhawks.

He'd be a fool to leave. WVU will come calling again, further on down the road, after he's established himself among the top 25 coaches in the country.

:bravo:

Stewie
04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm sure Huggins has aspirations way beyond KSU, but I don't see anything happening this year. He'll bide his time and improve the KSU program... THEN he'll go for a real job.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 04:39 PM

It transcends basketball.

Coogs
04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Anyone see a pay raise comming for Huggins? Thought I read somewhere where he was only at 6 figures, where as the top guys in the Big 12 are up around 1.7 million, give or take a few bucks.

Huggins will listen to West Virginia to get that raise at the very least.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 04:42 PM
ROFL. Are you serious?

I'm 100% serious.

I have only my experience here to draw upon, but if I had to pinpoint which group of fans has a "complex" it would DEFINITELY be the KU fans.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 04:43 PM
It transcends basketball.

I can understand that. The Iowa/ISU rivalry gets that way sometimes, and they're not even in the same conference.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm 100% serious.

I have only my experience here to draw upon, but if I had to pinpoint which group of fans has a "complex" it would DEFINITELY be the KU fans.

KU fans have a complex because most of them are to young to remember or know what it is like to suffer through what MU/KSU fans go through each year..

The rest are just jealous because KU never rebuilds, It just reloads. Chiefs fans hate Donkey fans why? Because they win and we dont. Same thing....

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Anyone see a pay raise comming for Huggins? Thought I read somewhere where he was only at 6 figures, where as the top guys in the Big 12 are up around 1.7 million, give or take a few bucks.

Huggins will listen to West Virginia to get that raise at the very least.

BINGO! He is going to milk a little cash from the cows at KSU....

Not a bad move on Huggy's part.

Cochise
04-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Chiefs fans hate Donkey fans why? Because they win and we dont. Same thing....

Because they won some titles, a long time ago, and you never stop hearing about them... because their fans frequently come with the "we beat ourselves" mantra or the refs costing them the game... yes, the similarities are incredible :p

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 04:55 PM
KU fans have a complex because most of them are to young to remember or know what it is like to suffer through what MU/KSU fans go through each year..

The rest are just jealous because KU never rebuilds, It just reloads. Chiefs fans hate Donkey fans why? Because they win and we dont. Same thing....

I don't hate Donk fans because they win and we don't. We've split with them every year for the last decade or so anyway, so that's really not it.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Because they won some titles, a long time ago, and you never stop hearing about them... because their fans frequently come with the "we beat ourselves" mantra or the refs costing them the game... yes, the similarities are incredible :p

Sounds typical of every fan for every team there Cochise.... Funny how sports fans are simular huh?

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't hate Donk fans because they win and we don't. We've split with them every year for the last decade or so anyway, so that's really not it.

K let me rephrase that.

The have won 2 and been to 7 superbowls since we last visited... They brag on it and we sit here and bag on them for losing 5.....

These guys bag on KU for losing in the Tourney, or the NC game. Hanging their hopes on when the KU season will end, while their teams are home watching... Forgetting that KU has even won a NCAA tourney to two and their respected teams have never played in one...

It is sad, but amusing.

CoMoChief
04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm sure Huggins has aspirations way beyond KSU, but I don't see anything happening this year. He'll bide his time and improve the KSU program... THEN he'll go for a real job.

Oh but KSU is a REAL job according to Saul. Hell no coach wouldn't wanna leave KSU for anything, Huggins is staying for a long time!!!

DJay23
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh but KSU is a REAL job according to Saul. Hell no coach wouldn't wanna leave KSU for anything, Huggins is staying for a long time!!!
William the Irish stirring the ghosts of Rolando Blackman in 3...2...1...

DJay23
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
K let me rephrase that.

The have won 2 and been to 7 superbowls since we last visited... They brag on it and we sit here and bag on them for losing 5.....

These guys bag on KU for losing in the Tourney, or the NC game. Hanging their hopes on when the KU season will end, while their teams are home watching... Forgetting that KU has even won a NCAA tourney to two and their respected teams have never played in one...

It is sad, but amusing.
Broncos have been to 6 and lost 4

ArrowheadHawk
04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
he wouldn't leave after his awesome recruiting class would he

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Huggins isn't going anywere. He sat for seven months after being booted from Cincy without a sniff of a D1 job. Nobody but KSU will sacrifice their integrity to win in basketball.

KevB
04-03-2007, 06:30 PM
ROFL. Are you serious?

Thank goodness KU is around so they can recruit only kids who uphold the highest moral standards in representing the Big 12.

Mr. Laz
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
it makes alot of difference to some

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
They brag on it and we sit here and bag on them for losing 5...

I don't bag on them for that. I bag on them for cheating. And I bag on their fans for being insufferable pricks.

But I certainly don't talk "you lost" smack to a team that won back-to-back Super Bowls in the last 10 years.

Hence why I said I don't get all of the KU/KSU BS that goes on around here.

htismaqe
04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
it makes alot of difference to some

Those some would be KU fans trying in vain to get under the skin of KSU fans.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 08:26 PM
It's funny how obsessed all the squawk fans are....too bad you were about 3 days late picking up on this story...

Huggy isn't going anywhere. Had this been 2 years from now, I'd be worried, but I really don't see him packing up after 1 year and losing all his great recruits.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
It's funny how obsessed all the squawk fans are....too bad you were about 3 days late picking up on this story...

Huggy isn't going anywhere. Had this been 2 years from now, I'd be worried, but I really don't see him packing up after 1 year and losing all his great recruits.

Not obsessed at all.. I just like the friendly smack talk back and forth... This is what KSU fans wanted when they hired Huggy. They wanted the chance to compete and talk a little trash..

Now they are acting totally shocked that we some of us are poking at them..

Didnt you want it to be a rivaly agian?

KSU fans have such a complex that everyone is picking on them, which is far from the truth..

KevB
04-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Not obsessed at all.. I just like the friendly smack talk back and forth... This is what KSU fans wanted when they hired Huggy. They wanted the chance to compete and talk a little trash..

KSU fans have such a complex that everyone is picking on them, which is far from the truth..

KSU fans aren't the only fans with the complex, hell, every school/team has their hot buttons. KU fans were on edge upon the mention of the NCAA 1st round losses the last two years, KSU has their issues, MU has theirs. The trick as a rival fan is prodding enough to have fun with it but not going over the line (assuming you care to ultimately have a friendly relationship with said rival fan).

WilliamTheIrish
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Those some would be KU fans trying in vain to get under the skin of KSU fans.

Ku fans just are what they are.

I've never seen an entire fanbase that wants soooooo badly to be Duke. They rag on commentators : "Dukie V" (never mind they tried to buy his love by giving him a wooden toucan. Too f'ing funny.) And Billy pACCker. Who if he doesn't talk of them like Dave "WOW" Armstrong, they gnash their teeth and keegle their collective vaginal muscle demanding that love, while screaming (during this year's NCAA tourney) pACCker must be a Duke alum the way he kisses their ass" Never mind that Packer is a Wake Forest grad. Just very low Bball IQ.

They stomp their collective feet when, as a #1 seed, they have to play the #2 seed in an arena that is 6 hours away from the #2 seed's campus. "It's not fair", they cry. But it's okay when their team plays a regional final in Kansas City. Or St. Louis. On 6 different occasions That's different. "It's not in the same state, at least".(chiefsfan1987) A very compelling argument. For a fanbase that suffers from Down's Syndrome BBIQ.

And after losing (most certainly at the hands of the referees or the commentators), they decry "They hit off balance, buzzer beating three's" and "That team fouled us but the ref's never called it all night". Or the best one: We missed 12 layups. No 14. No 18." The other team didn't win. The other team got lucky. And with the help of God and the referees and the combined hatred of Billy pACCker and Dukie V, and the NCAA selection committee and east/west (take your pick) bias, they all teamed up against us". It wasn't fair.

And finally, this is what happens when a fanbase gets caught up in loving ESPN's Scott Van Pelt after he attends a game in Phog Fieldhouse:

I forgot to tell you the plan for this Saturday. You, me, The Wheel, micro-beers, buzzed. Yellow Sub, extra sprouts, shots, drunk! Scott VanPelt! - hot! Basketball, Kansas-North Carolina, slaughter! Then quick nap at my place, then we hit Mizzass St."

WilliamTheIrish
04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
On to the serious stuff.

I hope skip's correct. For once. But I think Huggs may be gone.

Bobby, we hardly knew ye.....

WilliamTheIrish
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM

I always wanted it to be a rivaly.

Reerun. Download Firefox for Skip's sake. It has a nice little spell checker that highlights mistakes. It'll keep you from posting like a kid with the palsy.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:05 PM
I always wanted it to be a rivaly.

Reerun. Download Firefox for Skip's sake. It has a nice little spell checker that highlights mistakes. It'll keep you from posting like a kid with the palsy.

IF I did that, you wouldnt have anything to bitch about...

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:06 PM
On to the serious stuff.

He isnt leaving... I wouldnt worry about it too much...

leviw
04-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Huggs' silence is the most telling thing of all. If there wasn't at least consideration, you would have heard from him by now. He and his assistants are on lockdown.

That said, you would think there would have be consideration on his part, at the very least.

It's home. And KU fans should know more than anyone about coaches and their appeal for home.

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 09:17 PM

I've never seen an entire fanbase that wants soooooo badly to be Duke. They rag on commentators : "Dukie V" (never mind they tried to buy his love by giving him a wooden toucan. Too f'ing funny.) And Billy pACCker. Who if he doesn't talk of them like Dave "WOW" Armstrong, they gnash their teeth and keegle their collective vaginal muscle demanding that love, while screaming (during this year's NCAA tourney) pACCker must be a Duke alum the way he kisses their ass" Never mind that Packer is a Wake Forest grad. Just very low Bball IQ.

They stomp their collective feet when, as a #1 seed, they have to play the #2 seed in an arena that is 6 hours away from the #2 seed's campus. "It's not fair", they cry. But it's okay when their team plays a regional final in Kansas City. Or St. Louis. On 6 different occasions That's different. "It's not in the same state, at least".(chiefsfan1987) A very compelling argument. For a fanbase that suffers from Down's Syndrome BBIQ.

And after losing (most certainly at the hands of the referees or the commentators), they decry "They hit off balance, buzzer beating three's" and "That team fouled us but the ref's never called it all night". Or the best one: We missed 12 layups. No 14. No 18." The other team didn't win. The other team got lucky. And with the help of God and the referees and the combined hatred of Billy pACCker and Dukie V, and the NCAA selection committee and east/west (take your pick) bias, they all teamed up against us". It wasn't fair.

And finally, this is what happens when a fanbase gets caught up in loving ESPN's Scott Van Pelt after he attends a game in Phog Fieldhouse:
You sure flap your gums alot for a fan of a totally shit team. And NOBODY wants that shitbag Huggins. Why do you think you got him? Cincinnati shitcanned him!! Yeah!! Cincinnati!! Shut up, William.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Huggs' silence is the most telling thing of all. If there wasn't at least consideration, you would have heard from him by now. He and his assistants are on lockdown.

That said, you would think there would have be consideration on his part, at the very least.

It's home. And KU fans should know more than anyone about coaches and their appeal for home.

So what is the feeling around KState?

Is he staying?

As a KU fan, I think he will stay....

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 09:24 PM
You sure flap your gums alot for a fan of a totally shit team. And NOBODY wants that shitbag Huggins. Why do you think you got him? Cincinnati shitcanned him!! Yeah!! Cincinnati!! Shut up, William.
Oh, William, I should have called him a colostomy bag. I apologize. But I don't care if you get Knute f*ckin Wooden, you're still K-State.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM

He's in Cincy. He went there for Opening Day. I'm sure he's enjoying all the speculation, and will wait to get his raise before making a public statement.

He will get more money from KSU to stay, which he had coming to him anyhow since he agreed to such a paltry contract to begin with.

leviw
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
So what is the feeling around KState?

Is he staying?

As a KU fan, I think he will stay....

The feeling? A lot of scared people.

Who knows? Huggs is in Cincy right now, and no one is talking.

I think he'll stay. But all I'm saying is, since he got to Manhattan, he's been great about speaking up, especially to squash rumors or clarify what people are saying...and with this, he's yet to say anything. Silence speaks volumes, in some cases.

I'm sure people in West Va.-- people he is VERY close to-- are talking. I'm sure he's listening. And why wouldn't he? But that doesn't mean he's leaving.

leviw
04-03-2007, 09:29 PM
He's in Cincy. He went there for Opening Day. I'm sure he's enjoying all the speculation, and will wait to get his raise before making a public statement.

He will get more money from KSU to stay, which he had coming to him anyhow since he agreed to such a paltry contract to begin with.

Dude, come on. You think he's hard up for cash? I seriously doubt that's even in the top 5 of the all the things he's having to consider right now.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Dude, come on. You think he's hard up for cash? I seriously doubt that's even in the top 5 of the all the things he's having to consider right now.

No, but he is only making 6 figures, and thats the funny thing about money...you can never have too much.

I doubt he'd have ever pressured for a raise at this point, but WVU will start looking and the administration will react by upping his pay.

That's just how it works....

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 09:34 PM

I think he'll stay. But all I'm saying is, since he got to Manhattan, he's been great about speaking up, especially to squash rumors or clarify what people are saying...and with this, he's yet to say anything. Silence speaks volumes, in some cases.

I'm sure people in West Va.-- people he is VERY close to-- are talking. I'm sure he's listening. And why wouldn't he? But that doesn't mean he's leaving.

Until about 6 hours ago there was nothing TO say. Beilein hadn't jumped ship, and nobody with any class or sense is going to start accepting or rejecting a job opening that doesn't even exist yet. And as I said, Bob's living it up in Cincy today, partaking in all the Opening Day festivities.

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
since he agreed to such a paltry contract to begin with.
Could you give us an idea of why this great coach signed a paltry contract?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Could you give us an idea of why this great coach signed a paltry contract?

Because he had some history to put behind him, and the burning desire to coach. The same reasons someone takes a job making a lot less than they are now because they hate their job...

You're not seriously implying that thats all he was worth are you? Silly me, you are Skip Towne...

leviw
04-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Until about 6 hours ago there was nothing TO say. Beilein hadn't jumped ship, and nobody with any class or sense is going to start accepting or rejecting a job opening that doesn't even exist yet. And as I said, Bob's living it up in Cincy today, partaking in all the Opening Day festivities.

So you're saying there's no issue here?

Reerun_KC
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM

I guess until he says something or deny's the fact that WVU is looking at him. Then we can only speculate that he will listen to what they have to offer...

Should be a fun few days or weeks leading up to Mr. Huggy's decision...

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 09:47 PM
So you're saying there's no issue here?

No, I honestly don't think Huggy will leave. As I said earlier, had he not been here just one year, I'd be more worried, but he'd be giving up a lot of great players and probably tarnishing his reputation considerable by jumping ship so soon. I think a lot of Huggin's detractors would see to it that he got a LOT of poublic criticism for leapfrogging so fast.

Huggins was watching a baseball game about the time Beilein made his announcement, and I'm sure he's not sitting in his hotel room patiently returning phone calls from reporters.

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Because he had some history to put behind him, and the burning desire to coach. The same reasons someone takes a job making a lot less than they are now because they hate their job...

You're not seriously implying that thats all he was worth are you? Silly me, you are Skip Towne...

Silly you is right. It was because it was the ONLY contract he was offered. He sat with NO offers for the 7 months after he was dumped by that power Cincinnati. And yes, that is all he is worth. Haven't they got to supply and demand in the 6th grade yet?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Silly you is right. It was because it was the ONLY contract he was offered. He sat with NO offers for the 7 months after he was dumped by that power Cincinnati. And yes, that is all he is worth. Haven't they got to supply and demand in the 6th grade yet?
your trolling never gets old...really. ROFL

You seriously think that Huggins is worth less that Jeff Capel and Mike Andersen, who received contracts better than Huggy did last year?

Cochise
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM

They do seem to care about not getting "love" from the national media a lot more than anybody else. It's not a shot on them, it's just something the fan base seems to disproportionately crave.

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 10:12 PM
your trolling never gets old...really. ROFL

You seriously think that Huggins is worth less that Jeff Capel and Mike Andersen, who received contracts better than Huggy did last year?
Trolling? You are really that stupid aren't you? You must be 14 years old or younger to not understand that Huggins is not in great demand because he is a piece of shit that nobody but K-State wants. He was dumped by a small time school Cincinatti because they had some standards. As you get older you will come to understand what low standards KSU has to hire somebody of that ilk. He discredits the entire Big XII. And you should shut up youngster, you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Trolling? You are really that stupid aren't you? You must be 14 years old or younger to not understand that Huggins is not in great demand because he is a piece of shit that nobody but K-State wants. He was dumped by a small time school Cincinatti because they had some standards. As you get older you will come to understand what low standards KSU has to hire somebody of that ilk. He discredits the entire Big XII. And you should shut up youngster, you don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Calm down grandpa, wouldn't want you to have a stroke...who'd hook up all that cable?

I guess only real coaches like Mangina deserve those 7 figure contracts, huh?

Cochise
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
I guess only real coaches like Mangina deserve those 7 figure contracts, huh?

:hmmm: Point - mikey!

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
:hmmm: Point - mikey!
Mangino makes more than Bill Self, believe it or not.

For the millionth time, basketball doesn't mean shit on a national level. Football is where the money is at.

Skip Towne
04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
On to the serious stuff.

I've told you 100 times, William, NOBODY but you wants him. He's a pox on college basketball. He's quarantined on the prairie right now so he can't infect anyone else. It's where he belongs.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 10:21 PM

For the millionth time, basketball doesn't mean shit on a national level. Football is where the money is at.

Mangina is one of the fast-talking East-Coasters....he convinced them to pay by the pound.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I've told you 100 times, William, NOBODY but you wants him. He's a pox on college basketball. He's quarantined on the prairie right now so he can't infect anyone else. It's where he belongs.
Hmmm...I think WVU would take offense to that.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Thank god.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
keep the neg rep coming Skip, 4 times isn't enough....I need more of your insightful banter!

WilliamTheIrish
04-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I own skip like a plantation slave.

Cochise
04-03-2007, 10:36 PM

Hard to believe that Mangina makes more than Self. From what I could google just now, he's 25-35 during his run there.

Self probably wins 90% of his games, Mangino wins 40%, and makes more?

alanm
04-03-2007, 10:42 PM

I never thought in a million years that Altman would consider leaving Creighton and then the Arkansas job came out of nowhere in left field.
There's no loyalty any more. If WVU dangles enough $$$ in front of Self and buys out his contract at KSU he'll go.

alanm
04-03-2007, 10:46 PM
They're an eastern school Saul. The state borders Pennsylvania so I would question the statement of them being "southerners".They get a lot of their recruits from that region of the country.
You've heard of the Mason/Dixon line haven't you. :)

WilliamTheIrish
04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I never thought in a million years that Altman would consider leaving Creighton and then the Arkansas job came out of nowhere in left field.
There's no loyalty any more. If WVU dangles enough $$$ in front of Self and buys out his contract at KSU he'll go.

Now this is BBall IQ cerebral palsy. Nice job Cornjay fan.

alanm
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Now this is BBall IQ cerebral palsy. Nice job Cornjay fan.
You're in fine form tonight. Stressed?

WilliamTheIrish
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
You're in fine form tonight. Stressed?

If I'm in fine form, how can I be stressed? I guess I'm not used to seeing you post in a basketball thread. Lack of spring football gossip got you over here tonight?

Saulbadguy
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Good lord, he's as good as gone.

Coogs
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM

What's the story? West Virginia make him an offer?

Cochise
04-04-2007, 02:59 PM
LMAO

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM

The Rumor mill has been off the hook since yesterday..

What is the latest Saul?

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Whats your thoughts William?

GoHuge
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Good lord, he's as good as gone.I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts. Listeneing to 810 it doesn't sound good. He requested that they cancel the pep rally..........did anybody see that scene in scanners?

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts. Listeneing to 810 it doesn't sound good. He requested that they cancel the pep rally..........did anybody see that scene in scanners?

You serious? I guess I better get to trolling and see what is happening...

eazyb81
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts. Listeneing to 810 it doesn't sound good. He requested that they cancel the pep rally..........did anybody see that scene in scanners?

That's what I heard......that can't be good.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 03:49 PM
The KSU Scout board is going to explode...

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Don't read too much into the pep rally being poo poo'd.

Just remember, this is a negotiation. If Huggs goes to a pep rally and calms everyone's fears with a few nice words, that doesn't really help his position, now does it?

He's using this opportunity to get some things done - facilities upgrades (especially a new practice facility), salaries for asst coaches, his comp, etc. If he doesn't think he can get that done, then I honestly believe he's off to West Virginny. If he's reassured those items will get the front of the AD's plate, he'll be back in Manhattan. It's pretty simple.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't believe you. :(

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't believe you. :(

Saul, have I ever lied to you before?

:harumph:

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM

Just remember, this is a negotiation. If Huggs goes to a pep rally and calms everyone's fears with a few nice words, that doesn't really help his position, now does it?

He's using this opportunity to get some things done - facilities upgrades (especially a new practice facility), salaries for asst coaches, his comp, etc. If he doesn't think he can get that done, then I honestly believe he's off to West Virginny. If he's reassured those items will get the front of the AD's plate, he'll be back in Manhattan. It's pretty simple.

Has KSU given permission for Huggins to meet with WVU?

Saulbadguy
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Saul, have I ever lied to you before?

:harumph:
You were wrong about the Ron Prince hire. It was eerily similar to that post. Let me see if I can find it.

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
You were wrong about the Ron Prince hire. It was eerily similar to that post. Let me see if I can find it.

Refresh my memory. I don't recall what I said.

Saulbadguy
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Post #21 and #23

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130119&highlight=Prince

:(

Saulbadguy
04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
However, your post does make sense in a connect the dots sort of way.

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Has KSU given permission for Huggins to meet with WVU?

I don't believe so.

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I feel for you KSU guys, this is exactly how we felt when UNC came calling for Roy...

It sucks...

Lets hope KSU ponies up the money and builds some new facilities next year for Huggy and keep him in the Big 12....

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Post #21 and #23

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130119&highlight=Prince

:(

That's fair.

My main point was that I thought there were several candidates higher on that list -and there were. My contacts told me they were STUNNED when HCRP was hired so quickly. Like I said, there's no doubt he was a viable candidate, but it was very surprising to see them bypass a few of their candidates they had on the list.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't believe so.

Then that pretty much settles it, at least all the talk that he's already met with them and such.

He can't talk to any representative of WVU, including boosters, without that...

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Then that pretty much settles it, at least all the talk that he's already met with them and such.

Looks like all KSU messageboards are on full meltdown alert right now...

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 04:24 PM

That's not necessarily true.

Boosters, friends of the Program can talk to Huggs attorney, they can have impromptu meetings at some location, etc. There haven't been any formal meetings/discussions between Huggs and the WVUI AD/Administrators, but you can bet your arse there's been plenty of discussion btw the folks that make the decisions - including Huggs.

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Looks like all KSU messageboards are on full meltdown alert right now...

I can sure understand why. They've built up alot of hope the last year or so under Huggins.

IMO, he's about to get a big fat raise. He ain't going to WVU.

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I think most people believe that he will be back at KSU....

I cant see him leaving. Looks to me like he is going to hold the school ransom for some more cash and better workout facilities...

Huggins is KSU and owns KSU.. He can demand what he wants and KSU will pay... It is pretty simple...

htismaqe
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
That's not necessarily true.

Boosters, friends of the Program can talk to Huggs attorney, they can have impromptu meetings at some location, etc. There haven't been any formal meetings/discussions between Huggs and the WVUI AD/Administrators, but you can bet your arse there's been plenty of discussion btw the folks that make the decisions - including Huggs.

There's plent of ways around the rules, I guess. But there's no way he already has an offer. That's way too direct a violation.

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I can sure understand why. They've built up alot of hope the last year or so under Huggins.

I agree. They sold their soul for basketball wins... Hired a coach noone in D1 would consider touching...

Now they must pay the fiddler...

He can demand anything and everything he wants and KSU is helpless to stop it...

eazyb81
04-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I think most people believe that he will be back at KSU....

I cant see him leaving. Looks to me like he is going to hold the school ransom for some more cash and better workout facilities...

Huggins is KSU and owns KSU.. He can demand what he wants and KSU will pay... It is pretty simple...

Why can't you see him leaving? WVU is his alma mater and with the cash from the Beilein buyout, they would be able to break the bank for him.

I don't know what to think right now, but I can certainly see a scenario where he goes to WVU.

Cochise
04-04-2007, 04:32 PM
So... someone explain this. He hasn't been there a year and is shaking them down for more already? On the strength of that tournament bid I guess? :p

GoHuge
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Looks like all KSU messageboards are on full meltdown alert right now...Yeah so am I. It would be one thing to leave us fans, but I just can't believe he would do that to Walker. The kid will be stuck at K-State and wouldn't be able to play for Huggins. I think he's a stand up guy and this is his chance to prove it. Please prove the nay-sayers wrong Huggibear. Show them you really are the man, we showed you the love. :deevee:

ROYC75
04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I have a sister that works at KSU, I'll see what I can find out.

This would sour the milk in the kittens bowl if he was to leave, personally, I just don't see it happening right away.

the Talking Can
04-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Everyone knows that Huggy is using KSU to rehab his image for the next job, but how can he walk away from Beasley and Walker??

He can build a tourny team around them easy.

Plus, how would it hurt his recruiting down the road to burn those two? And what about Beasley's assistant coach that Huggy hired. does he go or stay?

ROYC75
04-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Best way to get more money is to listen to WV offer.......

Skip Towne
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Best way to get more money is to listen to WV offer.......
But can those farmers raise that kind of money? The wheat crop is a long way off.

Skip Towne
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I own skip like a plantation slave.

In your dreams. I can shut you down with one word........Bramlage.

Reerun_KC
04-04-2007, 08:29 PM

pwned!

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Hired a coach noone in D1 would consider touching...Yeah, that's why a D1 school's about to throw a ton of cash his way to try to get him to coach for them.

Retard.

WilliamTheIrish
04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
He's gone. Book it.

KevB
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
He's gone. Book it.

Team meeting tonight info.?

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
He's gone. Book it.

Don't go there yet.

Seriously, there is absolutely NO reason to believe this deal is done - especially if you are basing your comments off of message board banter.

Keep the faith, William.

Mr. Kotter
04-04-2007, 10:59 PM

That's my guess....

Why would he trade redneck hicks in the "Little Apple" for East Coast redneck hicks???

With the recruiting he's done, he's posturing for pay...IMO. And he should get it. Hell, the last time the Mildcats were this excited about Basketball, I didn't know what the hell the "G-spot" was....:hmmm:

WilliamTheIrish
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Don't go there yet.

Seriously, there is absolutely NO reason to believe this deal is done - especially if you are basing your comments off of message board banter.

Keep the faith, William.

Faith? I have that. It's the defibrillator that I'm going to need..... :)

KChiefs1
04-04-2007, 11:13 PM
why is a coach who couldn't get his team into the NCAA Tournament even worth a sniff at this point?

ChiTown
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
why is a coach who couldn't get his team into the NCAA Tournament even worth a sniff at this point?

lol

Pure Geeneeus

Silock
04-04-2007, 11:58 PM
For the sake of the conference, I hope he stays at KSU.

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 08:12 AM
ROFL :Poke:

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Faith? I have that. It's the defibrillator that I'm going to need..... :)

I would be more than happy to push the buttons for you Bill.... Kidding...

I really donít see him leaving, I think he is going to Milk the cash cow dry from KSU...

You guys will be paying up major bills to keep Huggy and you going to have to build "real" practice facilities to keep a quality coach.

Time to pay the fiddler KSU!

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Has anybody been over to the Litterbox to see what the faithful are saying?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Has anybody been over to the Litterbox to see what the faithful are saying?

Nothing imporatant, just the normal whining you hear from KSU fan daily....

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Is this a good or bad sign?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N36579

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Is this a good or bad sign?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N36579

SOMEONE SHOOT IT DOWN!!!

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Everyone knows that Huggy is using KSU to rehab his image for the next job, but how can he walk away from Beasley and Walker??

Plus, how would it hurt his recruiting down the road to burn those two? And what about Beasley's assistant coach that Huggy hired. does he go or stay?

If Huggy leaves, Beasley will get out of his LOI. Walker will certainly get screwed over, but Beasley will get to land somewhere.

Also, coaches leave all the time in this era - I don't think going home to WVU would hurt his recruiting one bit.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
SOMEONE SHOOT IT DOWN!!!

seriously though, hard to say. It could just be returning the KSU Provost that they picked up the other day that is on the WVU search committee.

And as someone else said, usually the WVU planes fly out of a different airport closer to Morgantown.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 08:53 AM
If Huggy leaves, Beasley will get out of his LOI. Walker will certainly get screwed over, but Beasley will get to land somewhere.

Also, coaches leave all the time in this era - I don't think going home to WVU would hurt his recruiting one bit.

I was under the understanding that since Beasley had also signed a LOI< he would have to sit out a year if he left. Anyone have a link to prove either way?

Lzen
04-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Oh, boy. Where to start. I am a KU fan and this does not apply. I actually like Dickie V. Billy Packer can be annoying at times, but I think he's a decent announcer. I don't expect them to say everything positive about my team all the time. Are some KU fans like that? Do some expect that? Yes. But to generalize the whole fanbase is ignorance.

Oh and the whole discussion about playing UCLA in Cali was not whining. I said in the very game thread that I didn't blame the Jayhawks' poor performance on that. I was merely pointing out that it was ludicrous for UCLA fans like Jim to state that it would not be filled with mostly Bruins fans. If you watched the game, you would have noticed all the Bruins fans cheering right from the beginning. It was a definite advantage whether or not you want to acknowledge it. I still don't think that is why the Jayhawks lost and I'm not making excuses for their poor performance.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
I really don't see the problem. If he leaves they can just hire Bill Self or Coach K like Arkansas did.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
I was under the understanding that since Beasley had also signed a LOI< he would have to sit out a year if he left. Anyone have a link to prove either way?

Nope, the same situation happened last year when Sampson left and Scottie Reynolds went to Nova and dominated.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Nope, the same situation happened last year when Sampson left and Scottie Reynolds went to Nova and dominated.

but you're assuming KSU will release him. I sure as hell wouldn't.

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 09:00 AM

They will....everyone does.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:02 AM

Of course KSU will release the players from their LOI's. That's common practice.

The other common practice is they will release them to any university except WVU.

Lzen
04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Hard to believe that Mangina makes more than Self. From what I could google just now, he's 25-35 during his run there.

Self probably wins 90% of his games, Mangino wins 40%, and makes more?

Apples and oranges, my friend. Mangino took over one of the worst programs in the country at the time. Self took over one of the best.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to start typing and remove all doubt.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Of course KSU will release the players from their LOI's. That's common practice.

The other common practice is they will release them to any university except WVU.

They will release him and he can follow that coach to VWU if so chooses...

Beasley will most likely end up at KU.... KIDDING....

Lzen
04-05-2007, 09:05 AM

I really, honestly hope he doesn't make some BS speech at a pep rally like Roy did to us.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:05 AM
They will....everyone does.

not EVERYONE

http://www.dailyegyptian.com/Spring98/012198/spt-briefs.html

http://www.registerbee.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=DRB%2FMGArticle%2FDRB_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834507572&path

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:08 AM
not EVERYONE

http://www.registerbee.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=DRB%2FMGArticle%2FDRB_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834507572&path

Nervous today Mikey?

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 09:12 AM
not EVERYONE

I'm not sure if you realize what everyone else is talking about. They will release Beasley and the rest of this year's recruits because the coach that recruited them will not be there anymore - that is standard practice.

You are just linking stories of recruits that simply asked to get released from their LOI without being under these circumstances.

I honestly don't care that much - if you want to continue to live in dream land, fine by me.

Lzen
04-05-2007, 09:13 AM

That's the best argument I have heard so far.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
That's the best argument I have heard so far.

Sure didnít Hurt Roy or Bill recruiting when they left for greener pastures, did it?

That is desperation talking now...

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Sure didnít Hurt Roy or Bill recruiting when they left for greener pastures, did it?

Competely agree....I actually think that is an awful argument as coaches leave all the time in this era.

Lzen
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Different situations. Roy was at KU for a decade and a half and Self was at Illinois for 3-4 years already.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Competely agree....I actually think that is an awful argument as coaches leave all the time in this era.

Huggy isnt leaving.....

Just my thoughts on it... Like one poster said this morning from Phog.net

If Huggy leaves:

Short Term: Very amusing meltdown to occupy us this offseason.

Long Term: Bad for the Big XII unless KSU can somehow find a decent replacement.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Different situations. Roy was at KU for a decade and a half and Self was at Illinois for 3-4 years already.

Still Lzen, we are talking about Huggins, He is a pretty well known coach for reasons you really donít want to be known for...

He can and will get players if he leaves. They might not be of the highest character, but he will have players...

WVU will be his final stop barring some major infractions or violations... IF he goes he will do just fine...

KSU on the other hand could be in trouble for years to come...

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I wonder when Huggy is going to drop the bomb on them? Will he just send them a text message?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I wonder when Huggy is going to drop the bomb on them? Will he just send them a text message?

You actually think he is leaving?

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:22 AM
They will release him and he can follow that coach to VWU if so chooses...

Beasley will most likely end up at KU.... KIDDING....

No, they will release the players w/ the stipulation they cannot sign with WVU.

It's a common practice.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
You actually think he is leaving?

no, but he's got his tub 'o Vaseline and a box of Kleenex just in case...gonna be a long day at the Towne household. I heard he even skipped his customary morning-wood piss stroking just to save up.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
No, they will release the players w/ the stipulation they cannot sign with WVU.

It's a common practice.

Great Bill, Send him on over... I am sure Coach Self can find a spot for him...

thanks for the info.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:26 AM
no, but he's got his tub 'o Vaseline and a box of Kleenex just in case...gonna be a long day at the Towne household. I heard he even skipped his customary morning-wood piss stroking just to save up.

BAWAAA!!!!

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Relax mikey.

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Great Bill, Send him on over... I am sure Coach Self can find a spot for him...

thanks for the info.
Not unless he gives Bill his cell phone number.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Not unless he gives Bill his cell phone number.

you are thinking of Mayo....

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Relax mikey.

it's just Skip...

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
BAWAAA!!!!

ROFL

it's not a laughing matter man, if it wasn't for morning wood and those little blue pills Bob Dole's been giving him, he'd be limper that Ryan Seacrest's wrist in West Hollywood.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
it's just Skip...

Skip has no friends, dont let him get to you!

Skip Towne
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
FYI, the Towne household is having a great time with this. You seem to be like a dog shitting peach seeds however.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
it's not a laughing matter man, if it wasn't for morning wood and those little blue pills Bob Dole's been giving him, he'd be limper that Ryan Seacrest's wrist in West Hollywood.

Damn Mikey is coming strong today....

ROFL....

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
FYI, the Towne household is having a great time with this. You seem to be like a dog shitting peach seeds however.

ROFL

Good Lord you guys are on your games today...

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
"...Country Roads, take me home,
To the place I belong:
West Virginia, mountain momma,
Take me home, country roads..."

Mr. Plow
04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Contract agreed upon in principle between Huggy & WVU per 810?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Contract agreed upon in principle between Huggy & WVU per 810?

U serious?

Let the real meltdown begin...

Mr. Plow
04-05-2007, 09:40 AM
U serious?

Let the real meltdown begin...

Reported on phog.

Huggy to WVU? (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=172&F=2481#S=172&F=2481&T=360383)

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:41 AM
ROFL

Good Lord you guys are on your games today...

Reerun...can you translate that for me? Dogs...shitting...peach seeds?

Is that kinda the same idea of the stones Skip's no doubt been passing through his shriveled pecker?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Reerun...can you translate that for me? Dogs...shitting...peach seeds?

Is that kinda the same idea of the stones Skip's no doubt been passing through his shriveled pecker?

Kidney stones are like the male version of giving birth...

I spent 3 days passing a 3mm stone last spring... I wish that on no one...

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Kidney stones are like the male version of giving birth...

I spent 3 days passing a 3mm stone last spring... I wish that on no one...

I wouldn't either, except maybe for Skip...my buddy passed some big ones last fall, finally had to get them zapped. Maybe the white light at the end of the tunnel would chill Skip out a bit.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, on to the short list of candidates.

Mr. Plow
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM

Who are those candidates?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Bill, I am listening 810 today... But realized that KK isnt going to be on today....

Mr. Plow
04-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm not listening to 810 - but just reported that NO DEAL was in place.

Lzen
Wait. Does agreed upon in principle mean it's all done and over? Or couldn't KSU just offer a better deal?

WilliamTheIrish
Who are those candidates?

we'll make a another huge splash and poach barry hinson from MUtt state.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Majerus???

Mr. Plow
04-05-2007, 09:51 AM

If he does leave, if there is anyway for KSU to somehow hurt the MU bball program in the process, I would appreciate it. I'm not sure how. But anything would suffice.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm not listening to 810 - but just reported that NO DEAL was in place.

You phlognetters....

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:54 AM
You phlognetters....

Donít jump off the bridge just yet Bill, you need to stop believing everything you read off of the phog...

Man you are like trolling for fish in a barrel. You will bite on anythingÖ

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't have any idea who would be a candidate. I'm just using the past 10 years as a barometer.

Barry Hinson

Chris Lowry.

Hacks like the above are the hires KSU has made.

I'd see if the guy at Winthrop (good f'ing coach) was interested.

But I have no real idea who Weiser may have on the "list".

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't have any idea who would be a candidate. I'm just using the past 10 years as a barometer.

Barry Hinson

Chris Lowry.

You dont think Majerus would be an option?

What about the coach from Vanderbilt?

There are plenty of options out there, just depends on how agressive KSU is in the search..

IF there is one that needs to be conducted...

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 09:57 AM
word now has it that the plane has filed a new flight plan and after leaving MHK will fly to Knoxville, TN.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 09:58 AM
word now has it that the plane has filed a new flight plan and after leaving MHK will fly to Knoxville, TN.

WTF does that mean?

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM

Barry Hinson

Chris Lowry.

while I enjoy the pain caused by Huggy's apparent desire to skee-daddle, this is a blow for the Big 12...losing a top coach to a mid-level Big East team...

I'd look for an assistant at a top program right now, someone who has specialized in recruiting, maybe someone off of Howland's staff at UCLA for example....just based on recent success

the mid-major guys are picked over at this point, the guy Iowa got from Butler may have been a good choice..

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Majerus? No f'ing way.

If you have to make a hire, get the guy from Winthrop. That is IF he'd even consider. This is the worst time to be looking. 1 week till signing day.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
WTF does that mean?

Bruce Pearl?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Majerus? No f'ing way.

If you have to make a hire, get the guy from Winthrop. That is IF he'd even consider. This is the worst time to be looking. 1 week till signing day.

What about the coach from VCU? He seems to be a up and coming coach that could build KSU, heck he isnt much of a step down from Huggy if any?

the Talking Can
Pearl isn't leaving UT for KSU, get real...and Stallings isn't leaving Vanderbilt either...

you're going to have to set your sights lower, or at smaller colleges, or at guys who have been out of the biz (like Huggy)

Reerun_KC
Bruce Pearl?

Good Call...

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Pearl isn't leaving UT for KSU, get real...and Stallings isn't leaving Vanderbilt either...

you're going to have to set your sights lower, or at smaller colleges, or at guys who have been out of the biz (like Huggy)

VCU coach would be a great hire for KSU....

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?

AGHHHHHHHHH!

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM

AGHHHHHHHHH!

Very phogesque type saying there Saul....

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 10:07 AM

AGHHHHHHHHH!

Yes. It was.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Post of the day on ksufans:

Regarding "Fitz (meaning Tim Fatzgerald, the owner of GoPowerCULT, the KSU Rivals site) on 810 at 10:40 am.

Posted by Mikecats:

Fitz: Huggs is going....

to gopowercat.com to take advantage of a free trial!

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Post of the day on ksufans:

Regarding "Fitz (meaning Tim Fatzgerald, the owner of GoPowerCULT, the KSU Rivals site) on 810 at 10:40 am.

Posted by Mikecats:

[QUOTE]Fitz: Huggs is going....
to gopowercat.com to take advantage of a free trial!{/QUOTE]

Well I am tuned in and listening....

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Donít jump off the bridge just yet Bill, you need to stop believing everything you read off of the phog...

Man you are like trolling for fish in a barrel. You will bite on anythingÖ

Uh, Reerun. I didn't belive it from Phognet. It's you cultish idiots that post it over here that kills me. Then they come back and retract.

I'll tell you like told you last night: He's gone. It's been in the works since last Saturday. He'll announce this afternoon.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Uh, Reerun. I didn't belive it from Phognet. It's you cultish idiots that post it over that kills me. Then come back and retract.

I'll tell you like told you last night: He's gone. It's been in the works since last Saturday. He'll announce this afternoon.

Geesh dude? Hate much?

Cultish Idiots? Thanks for labeling me...

In the works since last Saturday? You have proof?

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Geesh dude? Hate much?

Cultish Idiots? Thanks for labeling me...

In the works since last Saturday? You have proof?

Yes. But it's the old 007 axiom: If I tell you, I have to kill you.

kcbronco
04-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately, I think he's gone.
As far as candidates: Fox from Nevada is from Garden City, Rolando, Scott Sutton?

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes. But it's the old 007 axiom: If I tell you, I have to kill you.

Please dont to that, IF he actually leaves, the meltdown will be priceless...

ROYC75
04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. If he does, this will suck cause we need top tier talent and coaching for the Hawks to get better.

As for the Kitten fans, Ha Ha, so much for the comedy remarks about Roy leaving KU. What goes around comes around.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
As far as candidates: Fox from Nevada is from Garden City, Rolando, Scott Sutton?

Still think the coach from VCU would be a good hire...

Also another Sutton in the Big 12? Could old man Eddie deal with watching his sons play against each other?

He wouldnt put that stopper back in the bottle for weeks leading up to those games.

Codered
04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Turgeon? :) KU grad coaching KSU would be more fuel to toss int he fire. Though his name sure has cooled down from last year.

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 10:28 AM

actually, Fox would be a GREAT hire...is a very good coach, plus young and still full of fire...

I don't know about his recruiting abilities, but Reno is even more in the middle of nowhere than Manhattan...

that's the best name I've heard yet, and one that isn't based in fantasy

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
WWW.810whb.com

they are going to have the latest on Thuggy @ 10:40.

Get your listen on...

Saulbadguy
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
WWW.810whb.com

Get your listen on...
No thanks. It will be Fitz just spewing some random garbage that will mean nothing.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
WWW.810whb.com

Get your listen on...

Dude, it's Tim Fitzgerald. And you can try out premium gopwercult service for only ....

He knows nothing.

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Dude, it's Tim Fitzgerald. And you can try out premium gopwercult service for only ....

He knows nothing.

Ah okay....

Where do you and Saul hang out? KSUFANS.com?

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Fitz on 810 saying that NCAA does not allow conditional releases for recruits, so it's all or nothing. Fitz indicated that KSU may very well decide to enforce those LOIs....so suck it!

Reerun_KC
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Fitz on 810 saying that NCAA does not allow conditional releases for recruits, so it's all or nothing. Fitz indicated that KSU may very well decide to enforce those LOIs....so suck it!

yeah that was pretty enlightening....

Still nothing new....

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 10:52 AM

LOL, good luck with that. I'm sure Beasley would give 100% effort for KSU after they forced him to stay with their program.

Seriously, if KSU didn't let him out, they would be a laughingstock of a program.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 10:54 AM
LOL, good luck with that. I'm sure Beasley would give 100% effort for KSU after they forced him to stay with their program.

Seriously, if KSU didn't let him out, they would be a laughingstock of a program.

hey, no reason to make it an easy choice.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Fatz doesn't know shit about LOI's.

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Universities rarely enforce the LOI's in these cases, for two good reasons:

1. the coach bailed
2. future recruits will know how the previous recruits were treated

as william said, he'll be released...same thing happened at KU when Roy left...

eazyb81
04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Universities rarely enforce the LOI's in these cases, for two good reasons:

1. the coach bailed
2. future recruits will know how the previous recruits were treated

as william said, he'll be released...same thing happened at KU when Roy left...

and the same thing happens at every other school when this situation comes up.

Cochise
04-05-2007, 11:03 AM
So, without having to read the whole thread or subject myself to Fitzgerald... what is the latest?

Cochise
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
As for the Kitten fans, Ha Ha, so much for the comedy remarks about Roy leaving KU. What goes around comes around.

But, but, I thought you were better off without him. :hmmm:

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Fatz doesn't know shit about LOI's.

apparently he is correct.

As you can see here on the official release form, it is either a full release or an enforcement.

http://www.national-letter.org/documents/ReleaseRequest.pdf

the Talking Can
04-05-2007, 11:09 AM
apparently he is correct.

As you can see here on the official release form, it is either a full release or an enforcement.

http://www.national-letter.org/documents/ReleaseRequest.pdf

it's pretty simple, they tell him he will be released as long as he doen't go to WVU....done deal

seriously, this situation happens every year, it ain't new