PDA

View Full Version : Keith Richards: `I Snorted My Father'

JimNasium
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
This guy really knows how to party. :spock: Link (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O9A8E00&show_article=1)

LONDON (AP) - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

___

On the Net:

Rolling Stones:

http://www.rollingstones.com/home.php

NME:

percysnow
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
thats great

keg in kc
04-03-2007, 02:04 PM
That has to be one of the most f*cked up things I've ever heard.

Redrum_69
04-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Dust...in the wind.....all we are is dust in the winnndd....

Yeah I know..wtf does Kansas have to do with this...but thats the first song that came to mind

stlchiefs
04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Put him together with the chicken fugger and you have one hell of a party.

eazyb81
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
It's amazing his nose is still attached to his face.

stlchiefs
04-03-2007, 02:22 PM
I heard a rumor that he used pieces of Michael Jacksons nose to patch up his own.

seclark
04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
i hope the ashes came from the a$$hole.
sec

Bootlegged
04-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Okay.

The key to eternal life - consuming your parents. Got it.

Count Zarth
04-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I heard a rumor that he used pieces of Michael Jacksons nose to patch up his own.

Horrible comparison.

Ari Chi3fs
04-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Classic Keith right there... bloody classic.

Redrum_69
04-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Horrible comparison.

I'll give you a horrible comparison...

Carrie Underwood has a tiny mole between her teets just like your mom

Count Zarth
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Carrie has a zit, actually.

stlchiefs
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Horrible comparison.

where did his nose go?

Count Zarth
04-03-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't think you can even destroy your nose by snorting coke...

NewChief
04-03-2007, 02:36 PM
I think it's weird that he did this within the last 4-5 years, since his dad died in 2002. It's sort of an interesting idea, though.

seclark
04-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't think you can even destroy your nose by snorting coke...
stevie nicks
http://www.nicksfix.com/article_national_post_may8_2001.htm

sec

Count Zarth
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I think it's weird that he did this within the last 4-5 years, since his dad died in 2002. It's sort of an interesting idea, though.

"I love you, daddy."

*SNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKK*

NewChief
04-03-2007, 02:42 PM
"I love you, daddy."

*SNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKK*

My father died a year ago today, and he was cremated due to dying in Nicaragua and complications with trying to get the whole body back to the States. I don't think this is going to go on my list of ideas by which to remember him, though.

Phobia
04-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Seriously, how screwy do you have to be to do this?

Then how screwy do you have to be to reveal you did it to the paying public?

Creepy, even if he's just saying that.

seclark
04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Seriously, how screwy do you have to be to do this?

Then how screwy do you have to be to reveal you did it to the paying public?

Creepy, even if he's just saying that.
it's jes rocknroll, mate.
sec

Frazod
04-03-2007, 02:56 PM
His dad died in 2002. So he did this at some point within the past few years, when he was at least in his late 50s.

I really don't know what's more disturbing - the idea that someone his age would do that in the first place, or the idea that he'd actually discuss it openly.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay sick and creepy.

:shake:

Chiefnj
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
he's got some smokin' hot daughters.

Count Zarth
You folks really need to open your minds. How many of you voted for Bush, anyway?

seclark
he hasn't been the same since he fell out of that damn coconut tree.
sec

Phobia
04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
he's got some smokin' hot daughters.
Do you think they'll smoke him?

gblowfish
04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
After the nuclear holocaust, the only things to survive will be
Cockroaches
and
Keith Richards.

chasedude
04-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Do you think they'll smoke him?

Load him up in a Hookah and puff away ROFL

chagrin
04-03-2007, 03:40 PM
"and if you are undead, I'll find that out too"

gblowfish
04-03-2007, 03:58 PM
He's a healthy looking normal kinda guy!

old_geezer
04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Amazing - He's gone from The Rolling Stones to rolling bones.

Thig Lyfe
04-03-2007, 05:10 PM
That has to be one of the most f*cked up things I've ever heard.

Seconded.

vailpass
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
My father died a year ago today, and he was cremated due to dying in Nicaragua and complications with trying to get the whole body back to the States. I don't think this is going to go on my list of ideas by which to remember him, though.

I remember your family ordeal man. One of the most gripping and ultimately sad things I've read. Your pop ended his time here in an admirable fashion. My respects to you and yours on the one year anniversary.

StcChief
04-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Keef would have to be at the top just for sheer length of time partying.

The should ask him if he still has a complete blood change every year.

Frazod
04-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Apparently Keith was kidding. Either that, or he's still got enough brain cells left to realize what a f#cking idiot he was for saying this shit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263721,00.html
Rolling Stone Keith Richards Denies Snorting Father's Ashes

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Keith Richards (javascript:siteSearch('Keith Richards');) was joking when he claimed to have snorted his father's ashes along with cocaine, a spokesman said Wednesday.
"It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool's joke," said Bernard Doherty of LD Communications, which represents the Rolling Stones.
Doherty declined to say any more about why Richards made the statement in an interview with NME, a pop music magazine.
"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," the 63-year-old guitarist was quoted as saying.
"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."
The comment was "Said in jest ... Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously," his manager told MTV News.
Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.
Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, also told NME that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.
"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.
"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.
"I was No. 1 on the 'who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

HemiEd
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
He's a healthy looking normal kinda guy!

Isn't that picture like 20 years old? He looks older than that now.

Phobia
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I don't care if he was kidding or not, it's still psychotic. Is one of us shocked that his PR person comes back afterwards and says it was a joke? Uh - what do you expect the PR person to say?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
I have a girl friend... a friend who is a girl that is... who seems to have a death wish and has made it clear that she wants to be cremated and snorted when she dies. She'd like to be shared too.

NewChief
04-04-2007, 12:40 PM
About the craziest thing that I know for someone to have done with a relative's ashes:

They reloaded shotgun shells. So they mixed in the ashes with the shot with a whole box of reloads then used the box up on opening day of duck season. It was the person's request.

Phobia
04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
About the craziest thing that I know for someone to have done with a relative's ashes:

They reloaded shotgun shells. So they mixed in the ashes with the shot with a whole box of reloads then used the box up on opening day of duck season. It was the person's request.
I'm not even a hunter but I understand that request.

I don't get snorting the ashes though. Not at all.

My request is that my organs be donated and my carcass disposed of as economically as possible. There's no need to become an economic burden on my family in death - even if that means letting college kids hack me up. Take that money and buy a big screen or something.

JimNasium
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm not even a hunter but I understand that request.

I don't get snorting the ashes though. Not at all.

My request is that my organs be donated and my carcass disposed of as economically as possible. There's no need to become an economic burden on my family in death - even if that means letting college kids hack me up. Take that money and buy a big screen or something.
I want my friends to have a good old-fashioned wake and get drunk.

Frazod
04-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Personally, I want my ashes scattered across Sylvan Lake in the Black Hills. And even though I'll be dead, I certainly hope no drug-addicted asshole (be it a relative, friend or stranger) uses my charred remains to cut friggin coke.

This story continues to disgust me.

El Jefe
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
That is really messed up.

Redrum_69
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM

You should have dressed up as the duck

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I hope he did. That is METAL AS ****.