PDA

View Full Version : green or Vick?

svuba
03-16-2001, 02:10 PM
Which trade would you rather make

A. this years #12, and our Third rounder for Green.

B. this years #12, and our third rounder plus next years first & third for Vick?

I would rather have B

ps
I would really rather have niether, but I thought I might stir up some debate.

Gaz
03-16-2001, 02:21 PM
Would I rather be stabbed or bludgeoned?

Both alternatives are awful, AWFUL moves for the Chiefs.

None of the above.

xoxo~
gaz
usually likes What If, but this made him nauseous.

oleman47
03-16-2001, 02:21 PM
That might be a little rich but it points out the problem of going insane over Green when you could get the best rb and one who can also throw the ball in the draft. What is Vick really worth. What was Elway worth? This is about almost 15 years of possible coverage at qb of what could be the greatest or at the least very adequate.? i would do it.

oleman47
03-16-2001, 02:24 PM
I cut out to soon. If you go Green then in a few years you have to give up a first again or more to get quality, so if you look at it on a cost basis spread out over shelf life, then Vick is much cheaper than Green.

keg in kc
03-16-2001, 02:24 PM
Uhm, if I had to choose Green or Vick, I'd choose Green in a heartbeat. Green will cost, at most, two of our first three picks, and probably less. Vick, on the other hand, since a division rival is holding the #1, would cost every single pick of the draft, or, if not that route, would cost us as much next year as Green will now.

And Vick isn't even ready to play yet.

Bad move.

Iowanian
03-16-2001, 02:27 PM
svba,
have you been eating the paste again? I chose D. none of the above.

DOn't sell our soul for the next 3 years for a "maybe" player....neither one of them is guaranteed.

Next year will be a loaded draft...I'd rather wait for DeShawn Foster or Drew Henson if we are going to suck this year.

ChiTown
03-16-2001, 02:38 PM
Wow svuba!

That's not a very good selection of choices. Can we just agree to shore up the backbone of our team with the draft and look for skill positions via FAgency? All this blind surrendering of draft picks is giving me an ulcer.

ChiTown
~thinks it my be time for a drink....or 2

svuba
03-16-2001, 02:38 PM
Has there ever been a QB who could run a 4.2 in the 40?
Would it even be possible to sack him?

I know that he will probably suck, but He has the physical skills to be a dominating force in the NFL. somthing to think about.

oleman47
03-16-2001, 02:44 PM
I wish we would wait, but the thread is Vick or Green? Jason Thomas next year looks as good as Vick plus. He is 6'4" 240 and as fast as anyone his size 4.55 He redefines what is meant by strong arm. If we don't get him then there is Henson, not to shabby a future.

Iowanian
03-16-2001, 02:48 PM
Svuba,

I aggree that he is fast...so what..I want a FAST POWERFUL RB and A QB who can throw the ball, read defenses and take a hit...not one who will run like a rabbit at the first sign of trouble and get decked by LB's every other play....

I aggree that we have FAR too many holes to "DITKA" the draft away the next two years for one player.

Better QB's will be available next year. FILL holes now.

oleman47
03-16-2001, 02:50 PM
SVUBA is correct. There are some people, much more versed than I in QBs, that think he will be a totally new weapon to contend with and will be the new ultimate standard. Most would draft him in a minute. He came out early, is still growing, so even his physical attributes have not peaked. The knock is that if he runs in the nfl, it is only a matter of time before they nail him, tag him for the hospital.

svuba
03-16-2001, 02:54 PM
How frustrating is it too see a QB like Gannon elude all pursuers 90% of the time? Teams had to design new defensive schemes to try to contain Gannon.

If Gannon can get away from nearly every linebacker in the league what could Vick do? Opposing teams would have to put a Corner on Vick to spy all of the time. I would bet that Vick will score some long rushing TD's in his career.

BTW (Culpepper had 500 yds rushing, and 7 rushing TD's last year while all of our RB combined only had 9 TD's)

Also just so everyone is clear I don't want the Chiefs to draft Vick, I am just opening it up for discussion. Besides what are the Chances that the Chiefs will EVER develop a QB?

Pitt Gorilla
03-16-2001, 03:03 PM
Vick is not anywhere near the athlete Culpepper is. Culpepper is about 5 inches taller and 40 lbs. stronger.

Mi_chief_fan
03-16-2001, 07:24 PM
Vick will be a great one. Alot of people on this board are trying to liken him to another Kordell Stewart. Fact is, Vick isn't an athlete playing quarterback, he's a quarterback who happens to be a great athlete. If San Diego takes him #1(at this point, seems to be a mortal lock), the entire AFC west will regret by this time next year, mark my words. He's not only shown escapability & running ability, but an above agerage arm, with touch & accuracy. Look at how he kept the Hokies in the game vs. FSU year before last.

oleman47
03-16-2001, 07:36 PM
Vick may haunt us for more than a decade. Is that worth of few picks? Of course, SD looks as if they are coming around to what is falling in their lap. But luckily there are some good qbs next year for us to counter with.