PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with RB Michael Bennett - 4/5

C-Mac
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Q&A with RB Michael Bennett - 4/5
Apr 05, 2007, 11:33:12 AM

Q: So whatís going on?

BENNETT: ďIím just getting back into town and am enjoying the off-season. Iím looking forward to being here from the start instead of coming during training camp and trying learn my way in. Iím just looking forward to a great season.Ē

Q: Coach Edwards has said that RB Larry Johnson canít carry the ball another 400 times this season, so you will be a bigger part of the 2007 offense. What have you been doing make sure you are able to stay healthy this season?

BENNETT: ďIíll be around this entire off-season for our conditioning program and I think that is really going to help me. The transition going from New Orleans to here, it was rough because I wasnít expecting to be traded. Once I saw everything unfold the way that it did, I kind of knew that it was coming. Coming here and just picking up things on the run, I donít think people realize the importance of the beginning of the off-season. Once it starts, if you are here, the playbook is not limited for you. This time I get to go from start to finish and not have to pick up in the middle. I think that will be more helpful and we can take help take some of the load off of Larry.Ē

Q: Have you talked to Coach Edwards or Mike Solari about your role for 2007?

BENNETT: ďNot yet. Iíve been hearing a lot about it, but my thing is to get myself prepared so I can be the best player possible for this team. I think that right now, with the off-season just starting, itís going to definitely help me. Like you said, you donít want Larry to carry the ball another 400 times, so Iím definitely up for the challenge and am looking forward to it. Just to be here from the start until the finish is really going to help out.Ē

Q: Since you arrived in Kansas City, you were a little banged up. Do you think the coaches ever really figured out what your skills were and the best way to use you once you got in there?

BENNETT: ďI think, for the most part, they know my potential. They had a chance to see it and, like I said, Larry carried the ball a lot and I may have only carried the ball a few times a game, but I think that they know what my place is. I can catch out of the backfield, run to the outside; whatever they need me to do I am here to do it and I think that being here from the beginning really helps.Ē

Q: Were you frustrated at times last year that you werenít able to see the field as much as you had wanted?

BENNETT: ďI canít say that I was frustrated, because I was coming to a new offense and a new team and I was just trying to feel my way around. I think that when you miss out on the OTAs and things like that, it really takes away from the timing. I had to come in on the run and really adjust. I think I played in the last two preseason games and was able to get my feet wet a little bit, but my timing was still off and I think (the coaches) knew that. I donít think it was frustration; it was just a matter of really feeling comfortable. By me being here early this year and going through everything, I can get my timing down and (the coaches) can feel that much more about putting me in during certain situations.Ē

Q: What do you think of some of the changes that they have made on the offensive line with T Kyle Turley being released and the signing of T Damion McIntosh?

BENNETT: ďI think Kyle was a great player and he has a history of being a man-eater on the field. Again, with all of these changes, I think it is going to be great for our team. You get some veteran guys on the offensive line and you donít know if G Will Shields is going to come back or not, but most of the guys have been here working out and they look pretty good.Ē

Q: It also seems that you might have a change at quarterback.

BENNETT: ďYeah, I canít really touch on that because I really donít know where the situation is right now. I think that the organization is going to make the decision on what they want and they are going to put the right man back there for the job.Ē

Q: So youíll be happy as long as you touch the ball?

BENNETT: ďI canít really say that, but as long as we can go out and have a complete season, win a Super Bowl; thatís my ideal dream and Iím still hoping for it.Ē

Q: You are a different style running back then Larry. Does that play into your advantage when you come into a game?

BENNETT: ďLarry will go in there and just wear a defense down. They get so tired of trying to tackle him and they get dog tired. Then Iím able to come in with a change of pace and am able to change some things up. It definitely gives you that combination that you see a lot of teams using right now. One team that has been very successful using that combo is the Indianapolis Colts. They were able to use that in the Super Bowl and I really think that helped them push along with the play of their offensive line.Ē

Count Zarth
04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Bennett's hamstrings are corrupt.

CoMoChief
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Bennett is a soft taco and has been ever since he played at WISC.

Hes great in Madden though!

Extra Point
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Michael Bennett reminds me so much of T-Rich. I wish they both were on our team. I don't give a shit if we go 4-12. There is more to say about character with Donnie Edwards, Michael Bennett, Will Shields, and Brian Waters. These gentlemen help make KC proud.

HemiEd
04-05-2007, 08:19 PM
He broke a couple last year that sure showed the contrast between himself and LJ. One was in the Thanksgiving game with Denver IIRC, fun to watch.

Tribal Warfare
04-05-2007, 08:30 PM
He broke a couple last year that sure showed the contrast between himself and LJ. One was in the Thanksgiving game with Denver IIRC, fun to watch.

The guy is a threat to break a +30 yard run everytime he touches the ball. He's just is too injury prone

HemiEd
04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
The guy is a threat to break a +30 yard run everytime he touches the ball. He's just is too injury prone

He sure has had his problems. I hate it when players can't stay on the field, I am sure most of them (Dan Williams excluded) hate it as well.

Sampson comes to mind as well.

NewChief
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
This may sound ridiculous, but Bennett's heart is in the professional bass fishing circuit. That's what he wants to be doing. He's fine collecting his paycheck and getting money as a back in the NFL, but don't look to him as the RB that's going to step up and be the back for the team.

Short Leash Hootie
04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
This may sound ridiculous, but Bennett's heart is in the professional bass fishing circuit. That's what he wants to be doing. He's fine collecting his paycheck and getting money as a back in the NFL, but don't look to him as the RB that's going to step up and be the back for the team.
I'm glad to see that you, like Trent, are reporting in for offseason workouts! Pretty awesome and wherever Trent ends up, I hope they have a good message board fan base!

NewChief
04-05-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm glad to see that you, like Trent, are reporting in for offseason workouts! Pretty awesome and wherever Trent ends up, I hope they have a good message board fan base!

Gotta go to work, man. Irregardless of where Trent ends up, I'm confident there will be another Hootie spouting his inane shit.

Trent Green=Priceless
Hootie=Dime a dozen, as long as you have the weed to lower the IQ enough.

Count Zarth
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
NewBrown

NewChief
04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
NewBrown

NewDolphin is more likely.

Count Zarth
04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I know. I just think NewBrown sounds funny.

NewChief
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I know. I just think NewBrown sounds funny.

It's going to be a bittersweet day for sure. Things have been pretty good. Our entire side of the family being within a 3 hour drive of each other has been extremely nice, especially considering what happened last year with Trent's dad. It's going to be tough to have the move happen. Not to mention the fact that I'll no longer be hitting Arrowhead on Sundays. That being said, the Chiefs hold nothing for Trent as far as finishing his career on a high note. I'm not sure any of the other teams do either, but sometimes you've got to roll the dice.

Count Zarth
04-05-2007, 09:44 PM
It's going to be a bittersweet day for sure.

Yeah, it is. I was hoping for a storybook ending. :(

That being said, the Chiefs hold nothing for Trent as far as finishing his career on a high note.

You never know.

SNR
04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
That being said, the Chiefs hold nothing for Trent as far as finishing his career on a high note.Better chance of ending on a high note with the Chiefs than with the Browns or Dolphins

NewChief
04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Better chance of ending on a high note with the Chiefs than with the Browns or Dolphins

I don't agree. He was booed his last game at Arrowhead. That's not a high note.

SNR
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't agree. He was booed his last game at Arrowhead. That's not a high note.By "high note" are we talking about team success or individual success?

If we win a Super Bowl with Trent but he plays like dog shit, I'll still call that a high note.

whtgldwldr
04-06-2007, 12:42 AM
about the booing...that was me...sorry

Hog Farmer
04-06-2007, 06:45 AM
I predict Bennet will unseat Larry Johnson as the starter by the 3rd game of the season.

Hog Farmer
04-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Just kidding, dumbasses!

Skip Towne
04-06-2007, 07:23 AM
I predict Bennet will unseat Larry Johnson as the starter by the 3rd game of the season.
You say this and we are the dumbasses? rochambeau

Short Leash Hootie
04-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't agree. He was booed his last game at Arrowhead. That's not a high note.
Easy, NewBrown, Green will have a nice season with Braylon, Winslow, Adrian Peterson...

Assuming they have a LT that can block.