PDA

View Full Version : Oh Great! Look Who's Coming To Kansas City Today & Tomorrow!

AJKCFAN
03-20-2001, 01:30 PM
Trent Dilfer, as well as Jamie Martin, backup QB of the Jaguars.

Say it isn't so! :(

NaptownChief
03-20-2001, 01:42 PM
Martin is a better QB than Dilfer....That is not saying much however...

Cormac
03-20-2001, 02:15 PM
I couldn't find anything on Martin's stats on the web, but I thought I remembered him as a guy with some potential. In any case he'd be a better acquisition than Dilfer IMO, because at least he should have an upside, and would be really cheap.

kcred
03-20-2001, 02:19 PM
I think Martin would be a gooc pickup, I watched him twice last year when Brunell was injured, and he looked fairly good. He won't command a huge contract, and if he crashes and burns, we get a good YOUNG QB in next years draft.

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2001, 02:21 PM
From what I remember, Martin is a very cerebral QB with a pretty good arm. A year or two ago, teams were drooling over aquiring the guy. I guess a year or so on the bench tends to cool interest. Ask Green in a couple years.

Phobia
03-20-2001, 02:26 PM
I'm looking forward to Martin's visit. I'd like to see him in Red. He's as good or better than any of the draft prospects we have a shot at and we preserve the draft pick!

htismaqe
03-20-2001, 02:26 PM
Jamie Martin has a HUGE upside and would come cheap. I think he'd be a great addition, and a potential sleeper...

AJKCFAN
03-20-2001, 02:29 PM
My being pissed off had to do with Dilfer.

As for Martin, he has promise... but I'd rather see this Brunell thing unfold.

Maybe reunite Brunell with Martin at Arrowhead.

"Reunited... and it feels so good."

Cormac
03-20-2001, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure if I was confusing him with Johnathan Quinn who people were calling "The Mighty Quinn" with little reason about 2 years ago. Now he's headed for NFLE.

NaptownChief
03-20-2001, 02:41 PM
He is no spring chicken at 31 but the few times he has stepped on the field his numbers have been very good:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/u/football/nfl/players/1063.htm

Packfan
03-20-2001, 03:30 PM
Why not?? If the price is right (minimum wage) then sign one of these monkey spunks and lose 11 games next year. Then take that top 5 pick and get a real QB. Its called rebuilding. Why not rebuild? What Carl has done for the last 8 years hasnt worked.

Chief fans, listen to me now and thank me later:

There is NO quarterback left that will take you to the playoffs! Period Period Period!

ct
03-20-2001, 03:43 PM
Is that a fact, Ken?

Packfan
03-20-2001, 03:47 PM
What do you think it is?

Phobia
03-20-2001, 03:48 PM
Ken,

Is there ANY Free Agent that could take GB to the playoffs? I guess you could always put a bug in the Minister's ear, "REGGIE, THIS IS THE LORD!!! ABANDON THE CRAPPY THEME PARK IDEA AND RESURRECT THYSELF IN THE CITY OF CHEESE!!!"

ct
03-20-2001, 03:50 PM
A Ken PackFan Factual Prediction!!

And I happen to disagree. But, we all know that just GETTING to the playoffs don't mean sh!t, right Ken. That's just further proof of King Carl's Reign of Mediocrity!!

What we need is a playoff VICTORY! Only Rich Gannon could have given us that!

ct

ct
03-20-2001, 03:51 PM
KPhobia,

YYYYEEEESSSS!!!

ct
nice

Packfan
03-20-2001, 03:51 PM
Kphobia,

All right, finally a guy who wants to talk football! Thanks Kphobia. Yes, IMO, there is a guy who could get GB the playoffs. First of all, remember that GB was one game from making the playoffs last year so to just get to the playoffs isnt that far fetched with a marginal free agent.

I would love it if the signed Keenan McCardell. They have a gaping hole a wideout ever since Antonio Freeman stopped taking the game seriously.

Packfan
03-20-2001, 03:53 PM
Kphobia,

Another guy that would help the Packers is Ted Washington.
I am not sure if McCardell is still available. I havent heard of him visiting anywhere so maybe he has resigned with Jax.

ct
03-20-2001, 03:54 PM
Let me remind you there is also a gaping hole in the middle of your DLine since FATBOY went West. Ol' Chestor would fill that hole nicely, IMO(that reads, In My OPINION).

ct

Packfan
03-20-2001, 03:58 PM
What fatboy are you referring to?

Phobia
03-20-2001, 04:02 PM
McCardell is still available. Isn't he smallish? I never was too fond of him. He reminds me of Rison a bit. Very streaky player.

I think Washington will end up somewhere still playing a 3-4. Philly might work for him.

Packfan
03-20-2001, 04:08 PM
Phobia,

he gets open and catches the ball. Its more than the Packers have right now.

Coryt,

Still waiting for you to identify the "fatboy" that headed west. My guess is that you are referring to Gilbert Brown who didnt head anywhere. He was out of football last year and still lives in Green Bay.

(Next time, try to have your FACTS before talking packers with me - thanks!)

Phobia
03-20-2001, 04:26 PM
I just checked out some of his stats. He's a lot more productive than I thought. 94 receptions last year and he's basically had more than 80 the last 3 years. He's not as small as I thought, either. 6'1"

I think he'd be a nice pickup for GB. Given that he's a top 5 WR over the last 3 years (combined), I think his agent is going to want to bust someone's cap.

mikey23545
03-20-2001, 04:52 PM
Man I just got home from work, and saw this post...I think Jamie Martin is DEFINITELY worth taking a look at....I live about 100 miles from Jax, and I think the guy has some serious potential...As far as I'm concerned he has about as much going for him as Green, he is just a helluva lot cheaper...Unfortunately, DV probably doesn't get all wet thinking about him like he does Green...

Idahojim
03-20-2001, 05:10 PM
I saw Jaime Martin play in college when Weber State played against Boise State. No question he has a pro-caliber arm. Hard to judge what's between the ears.

But what I saw that one game was impressive. Impressive enough for me to remember him and the performance he put on that night. And I don't normally remember much about Boise State's opponents, most of the teams I've never heard of, much less their players.

Would be a good choice as a backup.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2001, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Idahojim
Would be a good choice as a backup.

I believe the Chiefs will be looking at Martin as starting QB material, instead of a backup.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-20-2001, 06:13 PM
This is a day I thought I would never see. The Chiefs actually considering Trent Dilfer and some other guy?

CG

thinks this is an all time low for this franchise.

Get Green, Carl!

"fans over value draft picks"

Frazod
03-20-2001, 06:17 PM
Cody, I direct your attention to my new thread.

GET BRUNELL! A PROVEN WINNER! F#CK GREEN!

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Cody Goldizen

thinks this is an all time low for this franchise.

this is great Cody, this is a indication that KC is making an effort to rebuild.

ct
03-21-2001, 10:35 AM
Righto, Kenny! Gilbert Brown is the FatBoy, had him confused with Gabe Wilkins. My bad.

ct
wishing i never got my facts wrong like DA MAN kenny