PDA

View Full Version : Great news from Panther Land!

Logical
03-20-2001, 07:01 PM
Just announced on the news!

The Panthers are trying to GIVE the Rams their #11 Round 1 pick for Trent Green. If the deal gets done this whole Trent Green watch is over. We can then pick up Beurlein as a 2 year stopgap draft a 3rd or 4th round QB like Tui and get on with preparing for the season.

I am not the least bit upset if Carolina takes the plunge with Green, just wish it would have happened earlier.

Frazod
03-20-2001, 07:03 PM
Outstanding! Go Panthers!

I'm so sick of hearing about Green that I'm ready to scream, and the thought of dealing with the Lambs for anything infuriates me. We'll need counselling for Cody, but other than that, I'm all for it!

Phobia
03-20-2001, 07:11 PM
Wow - I had no idea he would command that on the open market.

On one hand, I'm upset because it means that the Rams were right to set the price so high to begin with.

OTOH, I'm happy that Carolina is going to put us out of the Green bidding.

Logical
03-20-2001, 07:13 PM
Tim,

Oops I did not break this very gently for Cody. He will probably be in a panic over this news.

Sorry Cody but hey Beurlein and a #12 and a QBOTF drafted with a third rounder is a better deal than Green anyway.

Frazod
03-20-2001, 07:16 PM
I don't want Beurlein. I want BRUNELL!

Do you think we can get him?

Do you?

What do you guys think?

(Doing my best Cody impersonation) :D

RJ
03-20-2001, 07:18 PM
Outstanding news!! Please let this deal be made and let Trent Green fade away to become the "Quarterback Whose Name Shall Not be Spoken" in these cyber corridors.

Logical
03-20-2001, 07:34 PM
Tim,

Odds are less than 50% but I would so gladly give up our first and both 3rds for a sure thing like Brunell.

Crossing my fingers, but realistically believing it probably won't happen.

Frazod
03-20-2001, 07:37 PM
Jim, I agree completely. It probably won't happen, but it sure would be great if it did.

Of course, this might explain the deafening silence from the Chiefs on the QB front lately...

MUST STOP MUST STOP MUST STOP

I'm going to drive myself nuts over this crap. :mad:

Cannibal
03-20-2001, 11:26 PM
The # 12 pick in the draft may, or may not be too high for Green, but one thing is for sure, all of the QB's in this draft suck brownhole.

There isn't a single one with the possible exception of Mike Vick that will ever be a legit franchise QB.

I wouldn't waste the pick on a QB in this draft.

DaWolf
03-20-2001, 11:42 PM
If Green got sacked so much in his time with the Lambs, he's going to get killed in Carolina...

Logical
03-21-2001, 01:30 AM
Well I have searched about every website I can think of and no confirming data.

If it is not confirmed by someone other than XTRA Sports tomorrow I apologize for contributing to the clutter about QB postion.

Cormac
03-21-2001, 07:10 AM
This would be good if it happened IMO. The more I think about it, the more I want Jamie Martin and Todd Collins to battle it out in pre-season, with a draftee clipboard carrier. That way we'd still have $6m cap space and all of our picks to shore up our Defense, and running game.