PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough

penchief
04-13-2007, 07:58 PM
You know, The Scarborough Show has really been evolving lately. I mean, at first he was rigidly Santorumesque. Then his show evolved into an Entertainment Tonight kind of gig (not good). But lately it's been on topic with multiple guests appearing simultaneously to debate the more important topics.

I hate to say it but after the first two or three segments of Olberman I'm beginning to move on. But Lately, I've been sticking around for the full hour of Scarborough.

go bo
04-13-2007, 08:15 PM
evolving indeed...

he almost sounds like a populist nowadays...

from time to time joe even disagrees with his resident conserative curmudgeon pat buchanan...

Direckshun
04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
It doesn't matter. The guy's a screwball.

Even if he tries to target in on something appropriate, he doesn't have the knowhow to properly dissect it.

The only commentator type guy who's got serious chops these days somehow became Lou Dobbs. This guy used to be a joke, but he is taking the hardest jabs of anyone I see on TV.

penchief
04-13-2007, 08:40 PM
It doesn't matter. The guy's a screwball.

Even if he tries to target in on something appropriate, he doesn't have the knowhow to properly dissect it.

The only commentator type guy who's got serious chops these days somehow became Lou Dobbs. This guy used to be a joke, but he is taking the hardest jabs of anyone I see on TV.

While agree with your overall assessment somewhat, I think he's actually been doing a better job with the dissecting lately, too.

HolmeZz
04-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Joe became too concerned with immersing his show with pop culture. Went from talking politics to being reeeeeeaaaallly gossip-y.

Taco John
04-14-2007, 01:07 AM
You know, The Scarborough Show has really been evolving lately. I mean, at first he was rigidly Santorumesque. Then his show evolved into an Entertainment Tonight kind of gig (not good). But lately it's been on topic with multiple guests appearing simultaneously to debate the more important topics.

I hate to say it but after the first two or three segments of Olberman I'm beginning to move on. But Lately, I've been sticking around for the full hour of Scarborough.

My wife and I watch Joe Scar nearly every night. We like it because he's not such a blow hard. He's got his opinions, but he doesn't shove them down anybody's throats. He simply gets them out, and solicts others for theirs while moderating the flow.

He's easily my favorite pop-news guy.