PDA

View Full Version : Jean Carnahan [almost] pities Repubs

Baby Lee
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jean-carnahan/so-youre-still-a-republi_b_46187.html

A DLC-esque screed on the horrors of manhandling moderates. Not all that outrageous, though I feel that it's the base that's calling the shots on the admin, more than the admin calling the shots on moderates. And at this point, I'm nearly willing to see if this party can't walk on it's own two feet without this supposedly invoilate base.

But I did find interesting her choice of analogy for Rudy and Newt. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but it suggests a fear that these guys could generate broad-based appeal that drives said choice.

Giuliani and Gingrich hope, that like Ted Haggard and Jimmy Swaggart, they can be "cured" of their "sins" and emerge as the born-again heroes of the religious right.

Trans: "See, my RW friends, I get it. Being divorced is kind of like smoking meth and smoking pole in the same seedy motel room."

BucEyedPea
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I still have a hunch that Greengrich would be chosen by one Giulius Caesar as his VP.

StcChief
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM
The one term appointed wonder Senator Jean.

Adept Havelock
04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
The one term appointed wonder Senator Jean.

Who still managed to beat that "ugly bag of mostly water" Ashcroft. ;)

StcChief
04-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Who still managed to beat that "ugly bag of mostly water" Ashcroft. ;)

It tells me more about the voters here in Missouri.....

Vote for an appointee that was the wife of the guy running?
Simpathy votes?

Any staying power doing a good job, or Demo party yes man......

NewChief
04-20-2007, 08:46 AM
It tells me more about the voters here in Missouri.....

Vote for an appointee that was the wife of the guy running?
Simpathy votes?

Any staying power doing a good job, or Demo party yes man......

More likely a vote against the psychotically Orwellian voice of "let the Eagle Soar."

StcChief
04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
More likely a vote against the psychotically Orwellian voice of "let the Eagle Soar."I thought that too....

but still, I guess they gave her a Shot at Washington..... found out alot about what Jean Jean could do.

Not the anybody else there is worth a damn. or interested in legislation

NewChief
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I thought that too....

but still, I guess they gave her a Shot at Washington..... found out alot about what Jean Jean could do.

Not the anybody else there is worth a damn. or interested in legislation

I actually don't know that much about Ashcroft's reputation prior to hitting the national scene. I know he had a reputation as pretty far right and pretty into restrictive government, but I wasn't all that familiar with him prior to his stint as AG.

StcChief
04-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I actually don't know that much about Ashcroft's reputation prior to hitting the national scene. I know he had a reputation as pretty far right and pretty into restrictive government, but I wasn't all that familiar with him prior to his stint as AG.

Not everybody agreed with Ashcroft. But after 9/11 we needed somebody like him. I'm just glad it wasn't Gore and co. there.