PDA

View Full Version : NEW SERVER

AustinChief
03-23-2001, 07:45 PM
OK...as promised, I have a new server and it is *almost* complete...

tomight the BBS may be down for a bit while I trnasfer the domain and mySQL database...

with the new server we should get MUCH better performance, reliability, and some cool new features...

I'll keep everybody posted...

--Kyle

AJKCFAN
03-23-2001, 08:38 PM
Kyle:

I'm REALLY looking forward to it! We all know why... :)

Gaz
03-23-2001, 08:38 PM
Thanks again for all your work, Kyle. We really appreciate you making a place where we can hang out and demonstrate our lack of football knowledge.

xoxo~
Gaz
likes living on this Planet.

Herzig
03-23-2001, 08:46 PM
I agree...this BB is still more reliable than the star, with fewer trolls, has more intelligent people, and the extras are nice too.

i really appreciate the work you guys do...

Thanks

old_geezer
03-23-2001, 09:04 PM
I'm new to this board but I'd like to add my thanks also. This is a class act and I am very appreciative of your work.

Ron (old_geezer)

JohninGpt
03-23-2001, 09:18 PM
I just started posting on this board the other day, but I have been reading here and on the other board for a couple of months. This board is already head and shoulders above the other, thanks for making it even better.

John
another satisfied customer

Pitt Gorilla
03-23-2001, 10:18 PM
Kyle, we owe ya', man!! I've got a beer with your name on it the next time you visit P-bug.

Zebedee DuBois
03-24-2001, 08:46 PM
All praise to AustinChief.
Sing his praises in the heavens.
Sing his praises on the earth.

Shout his praises from the
mountains high and the valleys low.
All who see his works, praise him.

Young men and maidens,
old men and children,
Praise ye his mighty works.

Young men shall rise up and be glad.
Young maidens shall hold his name in their busom.
Babes will whisper his name.

And his Chiefs shall rise up like a mighty wind,
and smite down their enemies.
Their bones shall be as dust before them.

And the enemies fans will wail and gnash their teeth.
They will tear their clothes and moan.
They will eat but bitter herbs.

And there will be rejoicing among the Chiefs.
Their fans will rejoice and be glad.
They will be glad to the end of days (of January).

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2001, 08:54 PM
Dude, is the Planet on a new server now?

Zebedee DuBois
03-24-2001, 09:01 PM
I don't know, it is still running a little slow on my machine. I just noticed I could get back on.

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2001, 09:03 PM
same here, it's running a slow on mine also.

AustinChief
03-24-2001, 09:19 PM
IT will be REALLY slow until I finish optimizing it....

but at least it is up and running....

I'll continue to work on it tomorrow...

--Kyle

old_geezer
03-24-2001, 09:24 PM
Kyle,
Thanks again for your work. :)

Zebedee DuBois
03-24-2001, 09:25 PM
It is speeding up already.
Thanks Kyle.

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2001, 09:40 PM
Kyle, your doing a excellent job. I just like hearing progess.

tommykat
03-24-2001, 09:56 PM
Kyle,
You are to be commended on all you have done. I've been on the old BB. today getting crap from all kinds of idiots! At least here I know quit a few of the regulars (names I should say). LOL>>unlike the one....sorry I can't think of your name, but the one who signs something about being horizontal. How could anyone forget him? Thanks again.
Still lurking around, Kathy

KS Smitty
03-24-2001, 10:25 PM
Kyle,
Great job!!! I sure miss this place when it's not here even if I haven't posted a lot yet.
tommycat,
I visited the other BB and saw all the flack they were castin your way. I doubt you'll ever experience that kind of treatment here unless you start actin like Porkfat, and I don't see that.
Long live the planet!!!
Smitty

bishop_74
03-25-2001, 12:46 AM
All Praise Kyle! Sorry, the othre board is trash compared to this one. I just want to yell at people on the other board. Which I usually find myself doing anyway.
Thanks for the much welcomed alternative.

bishop_74
03-25-2001, 12:49 AM
BTW, what kind of features are we talking about here? I have a great idea. If we could somehow get a beer tap on our computers, perhaps we could "network" beverages directly from bars. And I wouldn't mind a "Sweedish Bikini Team Feature" as well. Always glad to lend a helping hand.

-Dave

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2001, 01:16 AM
Thanks Kyle! Up until the Planet, only my girlfriend got to hear about the Chiefs and my opinion on how to fix them. Now I get to share them you guys! :)

RJ
03-25-2001, 01:19 AM
Add another thank you to the list, Kyle. You fella's do fine work.

alanm
03-25-2001, 02:17 AM
I like it Kyle, the only problem I'm still having is that I can't get the smiley faces to work. Still haven't been working since the last upgrade you did. :D

alanm
03-25-2001, 02:19 AM
Sorry I jumped the gun. My bad I see they now work again. Ok I opt for the Beer tap next. :D

AustinChief
03-25-2001, 09:50 AM
OK....bear with me for a bit...

I'm still upgrading the BBS so its going to look goofy for a bit...

--Kyle

AustinChief
03-25-2001, 04:04 PM
OOOPS!!!

I've been doing clean up on the database all day and just now realized that this new set of scripts *automatically* shuts down the rest of the BBS when I'm doing maintenance...

Sorry about all the down time...I'll finish up late, late, late tonight...hopefully no one will notice at 3 in the morning...

--Kyle

P.S. I'm still redoing the look of the site...then I'll start hacking the scripts so that we have post #'s again and such...

Tribal Warfare
03-25-2001, 04:07 PM
Kyle, your doing a great job. :)