PDA

View Full Version : Should the Chiefs wait to trade Green until after the Faiders pick?

Mr. Laz
04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
people keep talking about how the Faiders pick might be affected by the trade of Trent Green.

Chiefs trade Green to Miami
Miami Cuts Culpepper
Faiders sign Culpepper
Faiders Draft Calvin Johnson instead of JaMarcus Russell

so should make sure that the faiders do NOT have this information before they pick ... just to mess with them? :p

htismaqe
04-25-2007, 12:09 PM
That's the contingency that's been brought up.

I honestly don't think it matters to the Raiders. If it did, all that the Chiefs would have to do is wait.

It may be in the Dolphins' best long-term interest to do it before the draft, if that's the case though.

If the Raiders don't draft Russell, there's a mad dash to get up there to get him and there's a great chance the Dolphins not only end up with Quinn, but they might be able to get involved in the Russell sweepstakes and get picks.

Direckshun
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
If the Fade drafts Russell, Quinn will probably be drafted before Miami gets close.

If the Fade drafts anybody else, there's a possibility Quinn can fall to the Dolphins, and that affects how much they care about Green directly.

htismaqe
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
If the Fade drafts Russell, Quinn will probably be drafted before Miami gets close.

If the Fade drafts anybody else, there's a possibility Quinn can fall to the Dolphins, and that affects how much they care about Green directly.

Hehe, it's a sticky situation for Miami, isn't it?

If they draft Quinn, they don't need Green nearly as bad. But if they don't cut Culpepper, allowing the Raiders to pass on Russell, there's a good chance they won't sniff Quinn.

The best chance for Miami to do the right thing is to trade for Green and set the wheels in motion. If they end up with him and Quinn, they have a mentor and a new QB that doesn't have to be thrown to the wolves day 1.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Hehe, it's a sticky situation for Miami, isn't it?

If they draft Quinn, they don't need Green nearly as bad. But if they don't cut Culpepper, allowing the Raiders to pass on Russell, there's a good chance they won't sniff Quinn.

The best chance for Miami to do the right thing is to trade for Green and set the wheels in motion. If they end up with him and Quinn, they have a mentor and a new QB that doesn't have to be thrown to the wolves day 1.
which should put more pressure on Miami to increase their offer so that they can get everything moving.

Direckshun
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
You guys are forgetting...

...ABOUT CLEO LEMON. FOR THE WIN!!!!11!!1

CosmicPal
04-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I know I'm not the only one, but I honestly don't see the Faiders picking Russell or even Calvin Johnson.

They have the worst offensive line in the history of football right now. Their biggest need is on the offensive line. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down a couple of slots, pick up an extra pick, and draft one of the offensive lineman.

GoTrav
04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
which should put more pressure on Miami to increase their offer so that they can get everything moving.

Who gets Russell if the Raiders pass?

htismaqe
04-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I know I'm not the only one, but I honestly don't see the Faiders picking Russell or even Calvin Johnson.

They have the worst offensive line in the history of football right now. Their biggest need is on the offensive line. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down a couple of slots, pick up an extra pick, and draft one of the offensive lineman.

Two words:

Robert Gallery

htismaqe

Whoever trades with Detroit for the 2nd pick.

Mr. Laz
i imagine that any of the next 3 or 4 teams grab him

lions,browns and bucs all need a QB i think

also minnesota at 7 and of course miami at 9

we need both Russell and Quinn to go before miami ...... so it puts more pressure on Miami's need for a QB and drives the price up for Trent Green.

JBucc
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
I think the Raiders will shock everyone and take Quinn*

*I'm just saying this so in case this does in fact happen, I can say "Told ya so!"

Fish
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
i imagine that any of the next 3 or 4 teams grab him

lions,browns and bucs all need a QB i think

also minnesota at 7 and of course miami at 9

we need both Russell and Quinn to go before miami ...... so it puts more pressure on Miami's need for a QB and drives the price up for Trent Green.

I'd love to see that happen.... and leave Miami on the clock and Trent's value going up by the minute....

Of course if Carl pulled that off... his ego will have swollen to unimaginable proportions....

GoTrav
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I'd love to see that happen.... and leave Miami on the clock and Trent's value going up by the minute....

Of course if Carl pulled that off... his ego will have swollen to unimaginable proportions....

Last I heard, Minny wasn't in the market for a QB and were going to stick with Tarvaris Jackson.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Last I heard, Minny wasn't in the market for a QB and were going to stick with Tarvaris Jackson.
wow ...... not heard that before

so they see something in Jackson?

BigChiefFan
04-25-2007, 12:46 PM
wow ...... not heard that before

so they see something in Jackson?They said they would take BAA regardless of position. They alluded to their possibly being a HB or QB that could fall to them. I think the Vikings will absolutely pull the trigger if Brady Quinn is there.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Do draft day trades happen often? I would think a team would want to do a physical on a player before handing over a draft choice. If the player would happen to fail the physical that could leave both teams in a mess

Mr. Laz
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Do draft day trades happen often? I would think a team would want to do a physical on a player before handing over a draft choice. If the player would happen to fail the physical that could leave both teams in a mess
they have already agreed to a contract etc with Green

although i don't think they have done a physical yet

it does take some prep work to do a player for picks trade on draft day.

Chiefnj
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Even I don't think Al Davis is senile enough to go with Culpepper.

DMAC
04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Even I don't think Al Davis is senile enough to go with Culpepper.
Exactly, I don't see any reason he should be a starter anywhere right now.

And EVERYONE can see that.

Raiders have passed up so many QB's before, they will go with Russell no matter what.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
i think Culpepper is exactly the kind of QB that Al might go for.

veteran pro bowl QB who of the chuck and duck variety.

that's the kind of offense Davis wants ..... the link to the culpepper/moss glory days will be too much for Davis to resist.