PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion WHO will INFLUENCE our day 1 Draft choices?

TinyEvel
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
As if there weren't enough draft threads....

Who's really calling the shots here?

In other words, complete this sentence: "DAMMIT _________!"

(FOCK! didn't click the "post a poll", so.....)

Carl.

Herm

Solari

Gunther

Trent

Gaz

Rausch
04-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Herm.

Outside of trading our 1st round pick our HC's under Carl have almost always had final say.

kstater
Who's really calling the shots here?

In other words, complete this sentence: "DAMMIT _________!"

Well since he has so much "knowledge" Nick Athan will influence Herm and Carl

BigVE
Miami or Cleveland...if we get a good pic from either of them for Trent Green it COULD allow our guys to trade up in round one and get more of an impact player instead of leftovers.

Phobia
04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
Believe it or not Lamar is still calling the shots.

TinyEvel
04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks mod!

RJ
04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Satan.

penchief
04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
The more I listen to Herm's philosophy on football players and the draft, the more I hope he's the one. When comparing what Herm believes with the type of players we drafted last year I think he is.

During their recent draft press conference, I actually heard Bill Kuharich start a sentence with, "At the end of the day." If that doesn't tell you who's influencing the draft, I don't know what will.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
I really cant beleive someone asked this question, its common knowledge that Carl lets the Head Coach control the draft and only rare circumstances ie LJ will he over rule the pick.

kstater
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I really cant beleive someone asked this question, its common knowledge that Carl lets the Head Coach control the draft and only rare circumstances ie LJ will he over rule the pick.

Exactly, he does this so the blame doesn't come back to him when things go sour. Look at his press conference earlier this week, he passed off a lot of bad choices to DV.

penchief
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Exactly, he does this so the blame doesn't come back to him when things go sour. Look at his press conference earlier this week, he passed off a lot of bad choices to DV.

I think that his influence has been more evident in the first round (Gonzalez, DT, LJ). But I think that generally speaking, he's given deference to the desires of the coaching staff. I think he's letting Herm put his stamp on the team.

shakesthecat
04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Matt Millen