PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley

Direckshun
04-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Sometimes I don't even think he knows the camera's on.

Fruit Ninja
04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
He makes me laugh when he does the NBA stuff. Some of that shit he says is halarious. Chuckster is is pretty entertaining.

CoMoChief
04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I love Chuck. The guy's not afraid to speak his mind. And he doesn't back down to anybody. Some of the stuff he says is very true and while being entertaining as well.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
He's awesome.

MIAdragon
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
god he is the male anna nicole smith, I cant even understand him half the time.

Fruit Ninja
04-25-2007, 05:55 PM
god he is the male anna nicole smith, I cant even understand him half the time.
No idea why. He doesnt talk like Irvin or Sharpe. He explains stuff fairly well.

Phobia
04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I like that "Crazy" song he sings.

MVChiefFan
04-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I like that "Crazy" song he sings.

ROFL

It's a good song!

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Charles is awesome. Tells it like it is.

BTW, it's "Gnarls"....Phil, not Charles. ROFL

Deberg_1990
04-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I cant belive how much he has ballooned up since his playing days ended. I think he fought weight issues his whole career though...

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2007, 06:54 PM
The TNT studio crew is a good one. The best in all sports IMO.

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Charles Barkley just said on national television that he hates Oakland. L M A O

When questioned by EJ, he answered that he hates San Francisco too, and that a trip to Salsalito is a Vacation For Cheapos.

88TG88
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM

When questioned by EJ, he answered that he hates San Francisco too, and that a trip to Salsalito is a Vacation For Cheapos.
ROFL

Demonpenz
04-30-2007, 12:27 AM
here is a story. My uncle saw barkley at a restaurant in arizona. This was back when barkley had some bad stuff to say about white people. He went up to him while barkley was eating and talked to him. Barkley was really nice and took a picture with him. Must have caught him on a good day, i just thought it was funny because you figure out of all the celebs to get pissed while eating a steak it would be the round bound of rebound. Not that day.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 12:29 AM

:LOL: ROFL LMAO Cheapos is SUCH a Charles Barkley word.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 12:30 AM
I was watching him one night a while back where he was on the court at a game doing play by play and Ernie was back in the studio talking about how it was gonna be real work and he wouldn't be able to take a break every 15 minutes. Classic.

luv
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Nothing to do with the thread, but every time I think of Charles Barkley, I think of that commercial..."Is that your dad?" Cracks me up every time.

Mojo Rising
04-30-2007, 01:06 AM

I missed that comment. A starter home (1k square ft) will run a million plus depending on the location. Wonder what he was talking about.

Miles
04-30-2007, 01:35 AM
On the post game show they had him do a bind taste test with 3 types of doughnuts. He identified the krispy kream and looked like he wanted to spit out the one from the grocery store. It was pretty amusing.

vailpass
04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Charles Barkley boned more white women during his time here in Phoenix than any other local celeb.
For that alone he gets my respect.

dtebbe
04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I used to work with those guys down at Turner Studios (where the studio show is produced). All of the NBA talent guys were a pleasure to work with, with the exception of that Peter Vessey prick. Charles is just as much a clown off camera as on too, really fun guy to have around.

DT

HolmeZz
04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
The Bay Area sucks.

jlscorpio
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Charles is the man, my fave B-Baller of all time, no question. The Barney skit on SNL is the GOAT. IMO, greatest PF ever, although him, Malone, and McHale is probably a toss-up, matter of opinion, I guess.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2007, 11:50 PM
Barkley is probably the most honest analyst in any sport. He just made Kenny Smith look like an ass when Kenny said there wasn't much of a difference between Vince Carter and LeBron.

Fruit Ninja
04-30-2007, 11:59 PM
THE CHUCKSTER!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
with the exception of that Peter Vessey prick.

DT

I'm pretty sure that's the jackass that socked some Dad in the mouth in the middle of a Toys R Us here in Seattle. I forgot his existence. I'm sorry I remembered it.

Rausch
05-01-2007, 12:06 AM
You win.

Here's a topic I don't even give a $3it enough about to argue with someone...

Chiefs Pantalones
05-01-2007, 12:34 AM
I just came to the conclusion tonight after watching the Spurs game that Duncan is a whiny soft finesse piece of shit. Dude would cry if he didn't get any calls. He's good, but he's too soft and whiny for my taste.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I just came to the conclusion tonight after watching the Spurs game that Duncan is a whiny soft finesse piece of shit. Dude would cry if he didn't get any calls. He's good, but he's too soft and whiny for my taste.

If Joey Crawford is challenging you to a fight, you have no street cred. ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Another soft ass whiny player. I give you Dirk "Hasselhoff" Nowitzki.

Johnson angered by Dirk's frustrated comments

DALLAS -- With stubble on his cheeks and resignation in his voice, Dirk Nowitzki didn't look or sound anything like a dominant player determined to prevent one of the most embarrassing, stunning upsets in NBA history.

Maybe he was sapped by the long flight back from Oakland and film session that immediately followed. Or perhaps the listless appearance was just further proof of how much the Golden State Warriors have flustered Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks while winning three of the first four games in this first-round series.

Whatever the reason, the expected league MVP talked Monday about being ready to shrink from the spotlight even more than he already has in Game 5 Tuesday night.

"I got to take what they give me and they don't really give me a lot," said Nowitzki, who is averaging 20 points and has yet to score more than 23. "So I've got to make other stuff happen -- help out on defense more; hit the glass harder, as hard as I can, get some extra possessions; if I have a shot, try to knock it down and if I don't, move the ball and let someone else make a shot."

Nowitzki rarely boasts. Talk of "fitting in" is more typical than predicting a big game.

Yet would Michael Jordan talk about passing more when his shot wasn't falling? Did Kareem Abdul-Jabbar focus on rebounds when his sky hook was missing the mark? And how many titles did their I'm-going-to-score-no-matter-what attitudes produce?

The answer is enough to explain why coach Avery Johnson was angered by Nowitzki's comments, which are typical of his attitude throughout this series.

"I'm tired of hearing about how they've taken him out of his game and any lack of confidence. You're just not supposed to have that, all right," said Johnson, perhaps team's most intense player even though he's no longer playing.

"I wasn't the best of players and didn't have the best of skills, but you were not going to shake my confidence. We need all of our players to be confident, to be resilient, to be persistent and that's what I want to see tomorrow. If I don't see it at shootaround, I'm going to be highly upset ... because I need to have it going into that game tomorrow night. We've got to be confident and really sure about what we're doing."

And if he doesn't see it?

"We'll figure something out," Johnson said. "We'll figure something out."

Nowitzki proved he's capable of taking over a big game during last year's playoffs. After leading Dallas past San Antonio in a tense, second-round series, he pushed the Mavs past Phoenix in the conference finals by scoring 50 points in Game 5 of a tied series, then took over the second half of the next game, clinching a spot in the NBA Finals.

The Mavericks wound up losing to the Miami Heat, but came back so focused this season that they won 67 games, among the most in league history -- and 25 more than the Warriors, who needed a 9-1 finish just to make the playoffs.

Dallas had winning streaks of 17, 13 and 12 games, so three in a row to win this series certainly isn't asking for much, except for one nagging detail: Golden State is 6-1 in the head-to-head series, including the game that ended the Mavericks' longest winning streak.

Only eight teams in NBA history have overcome 3-1 deficits. If Dallas can't become the ninth, the Mavs will be the third No. 1 seed knocked out by a No. 8 and the first since the opening round became a best-of-seven series.

"We have a great deal of respect for the Dallas Mavericks," said Warriors coach Don Nelson, who was a big part of building Dallas into a championship team over the last 10 years. "If any team can come back from this, it's them."

Phoenix pulled off the comeback from 3-1 down last year in the opening round against the Los Angeles Lakers. Detroit did it as a top seed in 2003.

"Dallas won't give up," Golden State's Jason Richardson said. "We still have work to do."

The Warriors aren't likely to roll over, either. They've been the aggressors in every game, with Baron Davis providing the skill and Stephen Jackson the toughness. The Mavericks' only win came in the game Davis and Jackson were ejected from.

Nowitzki was plenty passive in Game 4 Sunday night. He seemed reluctant to shoot at times, like when he gave up an open look from about eight feet to pass to a covered teammate closer to the rim. Then in the closing minutes he shot an airball on a 3-point try.

"They really go smaller and really sit down on my legs, don't let me put the ball down on the floor the way I want to and get to my spots," Nowitzki said.

Teammate Jerry Stackhouse accused reporters of putting too much emphasis on Nowitzki.

"It's not on Dirk," he said. "You guys have made Dirk the save-all for us. We haven't. He's a part, a big part, of what we do. When teams do something to take away a big part of you, the onus is on everyone else to step up."

Despite a reputation for playing little defense, the Warriors have yet to allow anyone to score 30 points, while getting at least that many from one of their players every game.

"As long as we believe in ourselves," Davis said, "we will be all right."

Chiefs Pantalones
05-01-2007, 12:41 AM
If Joey Crawford is challenging you to a fight, you have no street cred. ROFL

ROFL

That is so true.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2007, 12:45 AM

The guy has 3 championship rings. He's not soft. Soft players crumble in individual sports like basketball, particularly post players. Just because he's soft-spoken doesn't mean that he couldn't beat the piss out of just about anyone.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2007, 12:47 AM
The guy has 3 championship rings. He's not soft. Soft players crumble in individual sports like basketball, particularly post players. Just because he's soft-spoken doesn't mean that he couldn't beat the piss out of just about anyone.

Except Joey Crawford. LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
05-01-2007, 12:48 AM

I didn't say he sucked, I said he was soft; softer than toilet paper. If he had an attitude and translated that to his game, he'd be unstoppable. But because he's a soft ass, I notice he lets players get inside his head sometimes and gets down thus causing him to have bad quarters.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-01-2007, 01:08 AM
But because he's a soft ass, I notice he lets players get inside his head sometimes and gets down thus causing him to have bad quarters.

Not just players...........

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2007, 01:24 AM
I didn't say he sucked, I said he was soft; softer than toilet paper. If he had an attitude and translated that to his game, he'd be unstoppable. But because he's a soft ass, I notice he lets players get inside his head sometimes and gets down thus causing him to have bad quarters.

That's completely ridiculous. Explain to me how a dude who is soft averages 3 more ppg in the postseason, and more rpg when he's playing tougher competition?

Soft spoken does not= soft

Would you consider Priest Holmes soft because he didn't rip his helmet off and stomp around like LJ? Demonstrative actions aren't equivalent to toughness, and a guy who could be taken out of his game wouldn't have dismantled incredibly physical teams like the Pistons in the Finals.

And you weren't addressing the main thrust of my point which was that soft post players (Shawn Bradley, Kwame Brown, etc.) are never effective in the pros.

You have to be tough to bang in the paint. The last time I checked he didn't generate his offense like Nowitzki, who actually is soft.

Fruit Ninja
05-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Haha, Duncan is not soft. He's a hell of a player thats getting up in Years now. He's not old by any means, but he's been playing a while now. soft, haha

Thig Lyfe
05-03-2007, 08:56 PM
He was hilarious after the Rockets game was done... the series went to seven games, which meant Charles couldn't go to the De La Hoya/Merriweather fight. He acted pretty upset. He even said something along the lines of "It's the first round, who cares? Wait until it gets a few rounds in and then it's actually interesting."

I love it!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2007, 08:57 PM
He was hilarious after the Rockets game was done... the series went to seven games, which meant Charles couldn't go to the De La Hoya/Merriweather fight. He acted pretty upset. He even said something along the lines of "It's the first round, who cares? Wait until it gets a few rounds in and then it's actually interesting."

I love it!

I'd put money on the fact that he IS upset about not attending that fight.

Rausch
05-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Sometimes I don't even think he knows the camera's on.

**** it.

He paid his taxes and worked for a living. He's got as much a right to stupidity as the next person...

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
**** it.

He paid his taxes and worked for a living. He's got as much a right to stupidity as the next person...

He's hilarious. I think he may have went back for seconds on the stupidity though.

Thig Lyfe
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd put money on the fact that he IS upset about not attending that fight.

Yeah, although I wouldn't put it past him. His acting in Space Jam rocked.

Fruit Ninja
05-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Shit, he just wants to go gamble. wonder how much cash he has on the fight? I cant wait for sat night though. Going to be watching that bitch in HD on the 65 inch. Should be fun