PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually like Jim Rome?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 07:43 PM
What an bag of over-blown, arrogant, hot air... does anyone take this guy seriously? Are we actually suppossed to care about his idiotic, in your face opinions about everything? He really seems to think he knows it all... yet can't figure out that tanning bads are bad for you.

I saw some of his show recently and if he'd referred to Manny Ramirez as "ManRam" one more time in a two minute period I swear I would have taken to the roof with a semi-automatic weapon and started picking off families of four.

Who is he suppossed to appeal to? Other morons I guess.

burt
04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
What an bag of over-blown, arrogant, hot air... does anyone take this guy seriously? Are we actually suppossed to care about his idiotic, in your face opinions about everything? He really seems to think he knows it all... yet can't figure out that tanning bads are bad for you.

I saw some of his show recently and if he'd referred to Manny Ramirez as "ManRam" one more time in a two minute period I swear I would have taken to the roof with a semi-automatic weapon and started picking off families of four.

Who is he suppossed to appeal to? Other morons I guess.

World is full of never were's....he is a never was midget.

ChiefaRoo
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Mark Turgeon, Texas A&M's HC and longtime Gheyhawk loves Rome.

Jenson71
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM

You need to be reported to proper authorities, BeMe.

Phobia
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I like him.... for about 10 minutes once every 6 months.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I like him.... for about 10 minutes once every 6 months.
There you go clicking on a beer me thread again. I thought you knew better.

CoMoChief
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Appearantly "Chris" Everette didn't like him lol I love this.

Phobia
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
The paint had already dried.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9HNgqQVHI_8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

I forgot about that. priceless.

Easy 6
04-25-2007, 08:00 PM

LOL, i've never had the pleasure of watching that before, Everette should have started dropping elbows & hammer fists.

Very funny.

Rooster
04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
He is very annoying. The only thing that is even worth listening to is the occasional interview. The absolute worst are the losers that do his 'smack off' crap.

Skip Towne
04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Mark Turgeon, Texas A&M's HC and longtime Gheyhawk loves Rome.
Wasn't long ago you were in Turgeon's basement. You are't very smart are you?

Brock
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
The show is occasionally funny. Phil Hendrie used to do a parody of Jim Rome that was actually better than Jim Rome.

sigh, RIP Phil Hendrie show.

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I've been listening to his radio show for well over a decade. It's nowhere near as good as it was back in the day but he still has his moments. OTOH I don't watch his TV show as it's basically regurgitated content from his radio show.

KCinNY
04-25-2007, 08:05 PM

It's thought by most that this "altercation" was staged by Rome and Everett to hype his new ESPN2 show.

|Zach|
04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't really listen to as much sports commentary as I used to. Rome isn't all that bad there is just this endless dog and pony show attached that gets so old. And those emails from his users? Never funny. Literally, never laughed at a single one.

chagrin
04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I saw that show when it happened, and i like Jim Rome - he's light years beyond the normal bullshit we hear on sports radio and runs a good show. He has his down moments but most of the time his show is quite entertaining and he gets great interviews. He's got a very high level of respect in the sporting radio world and all the top names return his calls.

His TV show is too short and he does refer to his radio show too much in it, for example he does use the same nicknames for athletes like he does on the radio, i.e. "Manram" but he's a talented guy, don't kid yourself.

chagrin
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
"lunch with the monkey, lunch with the monkey" What happened beer me, did you get run from his radio show once, LOL!

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
he's a talented guy, don't kid yourself.
I'll keep kidding myself. He's a worthless bag of douche.

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
"lunch with the monkey, lunch with the monkey" What happened beer me, did you get run from his radio show once, LOL!
monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey

Skip Towne
04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
How does he stay on TV and radio? Somebody must like him. But who?

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Are you basing your opinion of him off of his TV show?

chagrin
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM

It's cool, I was laughing at your sig, I like it - my techie friend at work says "if at first you don't succeed, name it version 1.0"

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
How does he stay on TV and radio? Somebody must like him. But who?
chagrin...

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Are you basing your opinion of him off of his TV show?
Yes. I can't hear his radio show where I live.

Jenson71
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
One of the most annoying personalities I've ever heard/seen. My brother and I sometimes watch his show just to laugh at how ridiculous he is.

Direckshun
04-25-2007, 08:14 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Dr. Facebook Fever
One of the most annoying personalities I've ever heard/seen. My brother and I sometimes watch his show just to laugh at how ridiculous he is.
Maybe that's how he gets ratings. I admit to doing the same a couple of times.

Frazod
Jim Rome obviously likes Jim Rome. Beyond that.... I don't get it.

Skip Towne
04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I'll never post on a Beer Me thread. That guy is a dumbass.

chagrin
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
It's thought by most that this "altercation" was staged by Rome and Everett to hype his new ESPN2 show.

That couldn't be further from the truth, that's one of the main reasons he was thrown off TV and banished to radio.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
I laughed.

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes. I can't hear his radio show where I live.
His radio show is way better. You'll just have to believe me.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Here, here.

chagrin
04-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I've been listening to his radio show for well over a decade. It's nowhere near as good as it was back in the day but he still has his moments. OTOH I don't watch his TV show as it's basically regurgitated content from his radio show.

Do you remember the first time you heard "War Pippen" i believe that was the first derivative of "War Eagle", I first heard it on a trip through Green Bay, headed for Chicago back in 1997. I think his radio show is solid. But yes, not as good as "back in the day" ooh look, i used a street term, woot!

AZORChiefFan
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I
do
not
Rome.

I can say right now that if Rome was in my 'grill' I'd say I didn't like him and in fact I am not a knuckle dragging clone.

I can't help it I just don't like him.

Before we go to break let me reiterate that I don't not like the "Rome".

When we get back from break I'll tell you 6-7 more times why I don't like Rome.

Skip Towne
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Here, here.
Hey, Beer Me, I've come up with a great promotion for your radio station. Park a helicopter above a shopping mall just before Thanksgiving and throw live turkeys out of it. You'll make a fortune.

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Do you remember the first time you heard "War Pippen" i believe that was the first derivative of "War Eagle", I first heard it on a trip through Green Bay, headed for Chicago back in 1997. I think his radio show is solid. But yes, not as good as "back in the day" ooh look, i used a street term, woot!
I only have a vague recollection of when the "war" references started, that goes way back, and it's about as worn out as the Gaz option.

chagrin
04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
"I tell ya what that guy Martin Navratilova was a pretty good tennis player...I mean, Martin may have been out there playing with a bunch of girls, but that dude could hit it...Martin, was the first Tennis player to incorporate weight lifting, in his training..."

heh

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey, Beer Me, I've come up with a great promotion for your radio station. Park a helicopter above a shopping mall just before Thanksgiving and throw live turkeys out of it. You'll make a fortune.
Hey now, that's my schtick. Go get your own.

morphius
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I could never stand his delivery, so I just don't listen.

HolmeZz
04-25-2007, 08:34 PM
I like his lingo, but I don't take his opinions seriously.

Sully
04-25-2007, 08:34 PM
He's awful, thinks way too highly of his far less than funny "takes."

HolmeZz
04-25-2007, 08:39 PM

I <3 Frank Caliendo.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
"The turkey's are hitting the ground like bags of wet cement. Oh the humanity."

ChiefaRoo
04-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey now, that's my schtick. Go get your own.

He has to copy you. Skip has no native personality.

Crashride
04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I love his radio show and style, he gets some damn good interviews and the inside jokes and lingo he shares with the fans is brilliant. Hell, he even remembers most of his fans by their first names and hypes up his smack off winners just as much as an actual athlete. Good stuff but I can see where people can get sick of him. Maybe im different

Stinger
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM

ROFL

[Jim Rome] Rack Him!!! [/Jim Rome]

NewChief
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Like most of talk radio, what's there is okay. I just cannot freaking handle the commercials. They'll say they're going to talk about something interesting next, and 45 minutes later (30 of which are usually the same damned commercials over and over), they still haven't talked about it. I get seriously frustrated trying to listen to sports talk radio. I especially hate when they come back from a "break" (actually, it's not a break, because these "breaks" take up the majority of their airtime) to say like three sentences, then just go on another "break."

I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.

Crashride
04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Like most of talk radio, what's there is okay. I just cannot freaking handle the commercials. They'll say they're going to talk about something interesting next, and 45 minutes later (30 of which are usually the same damned commercials over and over), they still haven't talked about it. I get seriously frustrated trying to listen to sports talk radio. I especially hate when they come back from a "break" (actually, it's not a break, because these "breaks" take up the majority of their airtime) to say like three sentences, then just go on another "break."

I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.

Thats true im sick of him pimping stub hub so hard

Ari Chi3fs
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
he cracks me up occasionally.

ChiefsFanatic
04-26-2007, 01:09 AM
He is very annoying. The only thing that is even worth listening to is the occasional interview. The absolute worst are the losers that do his 'smack off' crap.

Couldn't get past the call screener, huh?
ROFL

Sfeihc
04-26-2007, 02:55 AM
World is full of never were's....he is a never was midget.

Hello pot, this is the kettle calling.

Kerberos
04-26-2007, 04:30 AM
"The turkey's are hitting the ground like bags of wet cement. Oh the humanity."

"With GOD as my witness....... I thought Turkeys could FLY"

chagrin
04-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Thats true im sick of him pimping stub hub so hard

"Hot wire shreds" :banghead:

Stewie
04-26-2007, 06:43 AM
Why would anyone listen to Rome in KC? Isn't he on opposite Soren Petro?

burt
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Hello pot, this is the kettle calling.

nlm :loser:

DJJasonp
04-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Back in the day...when Rome was pretty much local in so-cal on the Mighty 690....he was genius...and hilarious. But, just like Andrew Dice Clay's career....the shtick got a bit old.

He's still ok....but nothing like the early days when his approach was fresh.....not really his fault...it's just how things work....things get old and people look for the next big thing.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
The show is funny sometimes. The callers and emailers make it work.

vailpass
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
The quality and quantity of guests from all areas of the sporting world that come on the Rome show is amazing.
Nobody, not Dan Patrick, not any other host, gets the range and depth of guests Rome gets.
I'm not a regular listener but I wish I could get a list of guest he has had; for some reason people like to come on his show.

jspchief
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
The quality and quantity of guests from all areas of the sporting world that come on the Rome show is amazing.
Nobody, not Dan Patrick, not any other host, gets the range and depth of guests Rome gets.
I'm not a regular listener but I wish I could get a list of guest he has had; for some reason people like to come on his show.

Agreed. He has the best guests/interviews in sports radio by a landslide.

I used to love his show for the schtick. But I got old and it did too. But the show has actually matured quite a bit. Enough of the old stuff to keep me chuckling, but a lot of quality sports talk too.

I can see how some people would hate him. And his TV show is terrible.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2007, 10:02 AM
blech ...... he's annoying

icepick64
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
He is hit or miss, he can be really funny or really dumb

Phobia
04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
He is hit or miss, he can be really funny or really dumb

I know a guy like that on here. Heh.

buddha
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
When Rome was in San Diego doing his schtick locally, it was tight and very well done. He also was EXTREMELY edgy...almost anything went. He routinely called John Elway, "Mr. Ed". Freaking hilarious. The glossary is all but gone now since he has gone national. I still think he is a good interviewer, but the show is a very watered down version of what it once was back in the early 90s in SoCal.

Pushead2
04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
JIm Rome can Burn

UL Washington
04-26-2007, 04:43 PM
The interviews suck. Him kissing some guys ass for a segment... no thanks. I like the venom and that's about it. The callers are terrible. I'm embarrassed for them usually.

Sam Hall
04-26-2007, 04:52 PM

You should hear the impersonation Caliendo did on the Randy Miller Show.

GoHuge
04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
I listened to him today because the Royals game was on and I can't believe people listen to his ass. That was the biggest waste of 15 minutes of my life. Those ass clowns that write and call in where worse than the normal 610 callers.