PDA

View Full Version : The player you are most looking forward to seeing this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2007, 11:22 PM
For me it's Bernard Pollard. Bring on the mother****in bonecrusher. Last year the blocked punts were great. Watching him completely make a fool of that cat from Jacksonville was phenomenal. This year, I want to see the Bonecrusher. I'm looking forward to watching him come across the middle and the smack the taste out of Jevon Walker's mouth. Or Randy Moss' mouth. Or whoever is lining up for the Bolt's mouth. You get my drift. I'm starting to salivate on my keyboard so I'll stop now. Who are you most looking forward to seeing in 07?

Douche Baggins
04-25-2007, 11:25 PM
He crushed some guys as a punt gunner, too. The dude doesn't even need a full head of steam to knock guys out. I can't wait to see him.

Mecca
04-25-2007, 11:29 PM
I wanna see if he can actually play safety right now all we know is he can play special teams....

Demonpenz
04-25-2007, 11:33 PM
vince young

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Brodie Croyle

Halfcan
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Trent Green

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
I wanna see if he can actually play safety right now all we know is he can play special teams....

Me too. It's cool that he contributes to special teams, but we drafted this guy to knock fools out. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I think this guy is gonna break out this year. Time will tell.

Frazod
04-25-2007, 11:48 PM
I just might have to get a personalized jersey with Pollard's number and the name BONECRUSHER on it.

el borracho
04-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I'll be eager to see more of these guys: Croyle, Webb, Page and Pollard. Oh, and Dwayne Jarrett.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2007, 11:50 PM
I just might have to get a personalized jersey with Pollard's number and the name BONECRUSHER on it.

I've thought about getting his jersey. Putting Bonecrusher on the back would be pretty cool too. I won't steal your idea though Mr. Frazod. ;)

Mecca

I think you should wait till he actually plays safety first.......he could end up just being a special teams guy.......

Mr. Flopnuts
I'll be eager to see more of these guys: Croyle, Webb, Page and Pollard. Oh, and Dwayne Jarrett.

If we draft Jarrett I'll be a happy camper. I don't think we'll get him though.

Mecca
04-25-2007, 11:52 PM
If we draft Jarrett I'll be a happy camper. I don't think we'll get him though.

Who do you think we're picking....I usually have a good idea this year, I feel like I really have no idea.

SNR
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Calvin Johnson

Mr. Flopnuts
Who do you think we're picking....I usually have a good idea this year, I feel like I really have no idea.

I think we'll end up with Meachem. I know people are saying that we're not gonna take a WR but I think it's a smoke screen. I think he'll be the best one on the board by the time we pick.

ChiefsCountry

Its hard to get a read on the Chiefs this year heck I picked the last two first round picks right for the Chiefs and even got a 3rd and I have no clue what they will do right now.

Frazod
I think you should wait till he actually plays safety first.......he could end up just being a special teams guy.......

Oh, don't worry. After wasting $70 on a Sylvester Morris jersey :banghead: I don't exactly rush out to buy them.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh, don't worry. After wasting $70 on a Sylvester Morris jersey :banghead: I don't exactly rush out to buy them.

I went and saw the Chiefs play every year when they were in the AFC west in Seattle. I met that guy one time and he is the only asshole Chiefs I ever met. F*ck the Cat.

Frazod
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
I went and saw the Chiefs play every year when they were in the AFC west in Seattle. I met that guy one time and he is the only asshole Chiefs I ever met. F*ck the Cat.

He certainly f#cked us. :grr:

Bugeater
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Croyle, for now.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2007, 11:58 PM
I think we'll end up with Meachem. I know people are saying that we're not gonna take a WR but I think it's a smoke screen. I think he'll be the best one on the board by the time we pick.

I say this but if someone drops into our laps like Carriker, or Leon Hall then that changes. Right now though I think Meachem ends up a Chief.

Mecca
04-25-2007, 11:59 PM

I hope they take a WR........if this team doesn't take a WR with one of the first 2 picks this year they never will. And it's a clear sign the organization really does devalue the position.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Bonecrusher is not the player he once was- he took WAY too many snaps last year. This might be his last year so maybe we should trade him for a late rounder or just cut him.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
I hope they take a WR........if this team doesn't take a WR with one of the first 2 picks this year they never will. And it's a clear sign the organization really does devalue the position.

I agree wholeheartedly. You always try and take the best player available, especially on the 1st day. I don't know though, we need a WR as bad as we've ever needed one. I'm not sure if we just devalue the position, or if we just can't properly evaluate the talent and have given up trying. We have done shit in drafting WRs outside of Joe Horn. If I'm forgetting someone, somebody make sure to point it out and call me a dumbass. :p

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Bonecrusher is not the player he once was- he took WAY too many snaps last year. This might be his last year so maybe we should trade him for a late rounder or just cut him.

Sarcasm is not always easily read. It is here though.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Sarcasm is not always easily read. It is here though.

I don't think he understands the difference in the shelf life of a RB compared to other positions.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't think he understands the difference in the shelf life of a RB compared to other positions.

I like Halfcan quite a bit. Him being a Rush fan and a Chiefs fan puts him pretty high on my list. I understand where he's coming from and in the beginning I agreed with him. The more I think about it though, the more I think that if we get the right deal, fug it. Trade him. But it would take a top ten pick in this year's draft, as well as a 3rd rounder and probably another pick in next year's draft on the first day. If we're gonna trade this guy while he's in his prime, we better get the sun, the moon, and the stars to borrow from a cliche I made fun of the other day.

luv
04-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Croyle. I'm also hoping we end up with Jarrett.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
I like Halfcan quite a bit. Him being a Rush fan and a Chiefs fan puts him pretty high on my list. I understand where he's coming from and in the beginning I agreed with him. The more I think about it though, the more I think that if we get the right deal, fug it. Trade him. But it would take a top ten pick in this year's draft, as well as a 3rd rounder and probably another pick in next year's draft on the first day. If we're gonna trade this guy while he's in his prime, we better get the sun, the moon, and the stars to borrow from a cliche I made fun of the other day.

All I'll say is.....what happened to Jamal Lewis after his big carry 2000 yard year........or Jamal Anderson. There's a very realistic chance it can happen to LJ then if it does people will bitch that we didn't move him...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Croyle. I'm also hoping we end up with Jarrett.

I really do too. I just don't think he'll last that long, and I certainly don't think we're trading up in this draft unless it's part of a player package. I crossed my fingers and got DJ a couple of years ago, I'm gonna try it with Jarrett this year and hope lightning strikes twice.

HMc
04-26-2007, 12:13 AM
CJ is gonna fall to us everyone else's interest in him is a a smokescreen

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:13 AM
All I'll say is.....what happened to Jamal Lewis after his big carry 2000 yard year........or Jamal Anderson. There's a very realistic chance it can happen to LJ then if it does people will bitch that we didn't move him...

I'm totally with you now that I've thought it through. Let me ask you though, what is the right price for LJ? What would be an acceptable trade for you in terms of picks, and what would be in terms of caliber of player?

Mecca
04-26-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm totally with you now that I've thought it through. Let me ask you though, what is the right price for LJ? What would be an acceptable trade for you in terms of picks, and what would be in terms of caliber of player?

If he wants to be paid like Tomlinson my asking price is alot lower because I don't believe in paying a RB like LJ that......I said in another thread, I'd take a 2 and a 4 before I paid him 60 million dollars.

Also there's about a 99% chance Jarrett is on the board when we pick, I think the only team in front of us that could take him is Dallas. Tons of mocks have him at 30 to SD or in the 2nd round because of his 40.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:20 AM
If he wants to be paid like Tomlinson my asking price is alot lower because I don't believe in paying a RB like LJ that......I said in another thread, I'd take a 2 and a 4 before I paid him 60 million dollars.

Also there's about a 99% chance Jarrett is on the board when we pick, I think the only team in front of us that could take him is Dallas. Tons of mocks have him at 30 to SD or in the 2nd round because of his 40.

Who am I thinking of if not Jarrett? I just googled it. You're right, I was thinking of Ginn Jr. That's the guy I'm really hoping we can get our hands on, but I know it's just not going to happen. I hope we don't draft a guy that doesn't have some speed. Route running my ass, give me a guy that can burn down the field. IIRC I think Meachem is pretty fast, so I'll be pretty happy if we get our hands on him.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:21 AM

I don't agree with the 2 and the 4. I would never trade LJ for less than a top ten pick. Let one of these other dummy teams negotiate a 60 million dollar deal for him. If not, then Franchise him at the end of this season and see what we can get then. I may reconsider at that point.

Edit: Of course if he has another monster year with no injuries, I'll be more likely to want to pay him unless we get a top ten pick. It's not my first choice to get rid of him by any means, but if the deal is sweet enough, I'm down for a taste.

Douche Baggins
Also there's about a 99% chance Jarrett is on the board when we pick.

Really?

Between Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Atlanta, Minnesota and Tampa Bay, I'd be surprised if Jarrett fell to us.

Mecca
Who am I thinking of if not Jarrett? I just googled it. You're right, I was thinking of Ginn Jr. That's the guy I'm really hoping we can get our hands on, but I know it's just not going to happen. I hope we don't draft a guy that doesn't have some speed. Route running my ass, give me a guy that can burn down the field. IIRC I think Meachem is pretty fast, so I'll be pretty happy if we get our hands on him.

Samie Parker can burn down the field.....notice what that got us....

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Samie Parker can burn down the field.....notice what that got us....

Yeah. Shit. But he wasn't 1st round caliber either. Does Meachem have hands problems? I'm not aware.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Really?

Between Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Atlanta, Minnesota and Tampa Bay, I'd be surprised if Jarrett fell to us.

I don't believe all those teams will take WR's.........if Atlanta moves up for CJ then Tampa will take Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams. I don't see Minnesota going WR either they're to high.....

Tennessee very well could, Jacksonville I doubt they've used to many picks on that position in the last few years. SF is a tossup, they could take Carriker he fits into Nolans D.

There's about 5-6 WR's that will come off the board before Jarrett I doubt that many come off before the Chiefs.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah. Shit. But he wasn't 1st round caliber either. Does Meachem have hands problems? I'm not aware.

Meacham is the guy with all the physical tools that.......drops passes sometimes....body catches sometimes.....looses concentration sometimes.

He has the tools to be a 1 but he has some lapses.......Ginn is alot like this too.

Logical
04-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Wiegman, man I want to see him with LJ running up his butt 20 plays a game. Hot I tell you.

ChiefsFanInSeattle
04-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Well, I tell you what I want to see a lot of next year!

Brodie Croyle, playaction fake to LJ, drops back to pass, and throws a 70 yard TD pass to Webb burning rubber down the sideline!

scott free
04-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Hali, he should be twice as good as last year & that should be pretty damn good.

LJ has to go on this list too.