PDA

View Full Version : LJ wants 8 year, $80 million deal with $34 million guaranteed

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 04:12 AM
According to Michael Smith of ESPN....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Click on the first podcast under "Must Read."

Mecca
04-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Bye........

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Good luck with all that.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 05:48 AM
I want to see if anyone will actually justify paying him that.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 05:49 AM
I want to see if anyone will actually justify paying him that.

You just watch me.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 05:50 AM
LOL, I'm an LJ fan, but he'll be traded before he sees that jack.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 05:51 AM
You just watch me.

Please tell me you aren't going that far into lunacy.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 05:53 AM
I think the Chiefs can't afford to see if he has anything left in the tank this year. Normally I would say make him prove that he can be the same RB after a 400+ carry season, but his contract will be up then, and no one will touch him with the franchise tag on him, so just trade him now and get it over with.

OldTownChief
04-26-2007, 05:54 AM
There goes my desktop background.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 05:59 AM
I think the Chiefs can't afford to see if he has anything left in the tank this year. Normally I would say make him prove that he can be the same RB after a 400+ carry season, but his contract will be up then, and no one will touch him with the franchise tag on him, so just trade him now and get it over with.

And of course he's asking now because if he goes out there and shows decline he won't get paid, because it will be a giant red flag.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 06:03 AM
And of course he's asking now because if he goes out there and shows decline he won't get paid, because it will be a giant red flag.

He's asking now because he friggin' deserves it.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 06:09 AM

He shouldn't get more than than Tomlinson, I'm sorry he just shouldn't.

Miles
04-26-2007, 06:09 AM

Its looking like they missed an opportunity last season to sign him to a contract that was more in line with his ability but not extremely high. I was actually a bit surprised he didn't press hard for a new contract after his '05 performance. Now his price tag is likely too high for our current situation.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 06:11 AM
It's no biggie he's a RB.....now if he was a QB.....

Miles
04-26-2007, 06:12 AM
In that podcast Michael Smith made a lot of solid and logical comments about this team. He can be a bit hit or miss but he got it this time.

Miles
04-26-2007, 06:13 AM
It's no biggie he's a RB.....now if he was a QB.....

Or if he were 3 years younger it might be more reasonable.

royr17
04-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Im sorry but thats outragious. No player deserves to make anymore from 30 to 100 million. They just dont deserve that, its stupid to sit there and pay a player that much, that just lets you know how greedy the world is today and thats more money that any of us would know how to deal with.

I say trade him, LJ is gettin ready to go on the decline, I can already see it now.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Pretty much, he won't be productive long enough to justify it. That's why Manning makes what he does while LJ isn't worth this.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm all for the players getting as much as they can... if someone is willing to pay it, good for them. Good luck with building a team around that figure though.

NewChief
04-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Good luck with that, LJ.

Miles
04-26-2007, 06:22 AM
Im sorry but thats outragious. No player deserves to make anymore from 30 to 100 million. They just dont deserve that, its stupid to sit there and pay a player that much, that just lets you know how greedy the world is today and thats more money that any of us would know how to deal with.

They generate the revenue for their teams and owners. Its all business and they deserve a portion of what they create. They get paid what they are worth to the teams.

If you think a players salary should be limited, the extra cash just stays with the owners and the owners have far more wealth than the players.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 06:24 AM
I don't have an issue with the system, you can justify to me that Manning and Brady are with their giant contracts LJ on the other hand no.

royr17
04-26-2007, 06:54 AM
A little draft question here.

Are the Chiefs interested in Louisville Running Backs Michael Bush and Kolby Smith ?

Mecca
04-26-2007, 06:58 AM
I think Smith was in for a visit.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:00 AM
ROFL

adios LJ.....

trade his ass pronto, hell I'd trade him for even asking for that much

ROFL

and I'd laugh in his face when his agent said how much they want

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Now the problem is if other teams know he wants that he has almost no trade value.........

We may end up in a spot where he just walks away and we get nothing.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:02 AM

no, no he doesn't....not even close

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:04 AM
In that podcast Michael Smith made a lot of solid and logical comments about this team. He can be a bit hit or miss but he got it this time.

I'm too lazy to listen, care to summarize?

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 07:05 AM
This franchise will go to shit without Larry Johnson. We'll be lucky to score 14 points in any game next year without him.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:06 AM
ROFL

shit, I'm still laughing...if I were Carl I'd leve voice messages on LJ's cell phone...just laughter until the message ran out

ROFL

kcchiefsus
04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
This franchise will go to shit without Larry Johnson. We'll be lucky to score 14 points in any game next year without him.

They will also go to shit if we pay him that much. We aren't winning the superbowl next year anyways.

I would rather add talent on the offensive line and at receiver to make us a more balanced offense than pay him that much.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:11 AM

take that ignorant shit to premium...

ROFL

"Hey LJ [laughter]...this is Carl [bwaaaa-ahahaaaaa]....is it true [crying tears, losing breath, laughing so hard..]...is it true you want th- [bwaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahah]......you want thirt [hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...deep breath]...ok, ok...you want thirty four million [drops phone, rolls on floor in airport banging ground and laughing till security comes].....beeep.....

Miles
04-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm too lazy to listen, care to summarize?

It's all in the first part so it doesn't take the whole podcast. He basically stated why KC should trade him why they were rebuilding. He also added that we may not get the appropriate value for him and didn't think anything would happen. Just that we are/should be open to deal him but that doesn't mean anything will happen.

The second part in the discussion about KC was Green. He pretty much summed up most of the thoughts around here. Miami made a lowball offer and Carl took the opposite overly high position. Thinks there will be something worked out on draft day that is a middle ground to each opposing position.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 07:18 AM
They will also go to shit if we pay him that much.

Whatever. The Colts have sure gone to shit since they paid Manning $100 million.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:19 AM
It's all in the first part so it doesn't take the whole podcast. He basically stated why KC should trade him why they were rebuilding. He also added that we may not get the appropriate value for him and didn't think anything would happen. Just that we are/should be open to deal him but that doesn't mean anything will happen.

The second part in the discussion about KC was Green. He pretty much summed up most of the thoughts around here. Miami made a lowball offer and Carl took the opposite overly high position. Thinks there will be something worked out on draft day that is a middle ground to each opposing position.

thanks

I'm all for trading LJ, but his stupid contract demands aren't going to help....

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 07:20 AM
You guys are scared.

We don't deserve an elite, future-HOF talent with fans like this. All of you disgust me.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Whatever. The Colts have sure gone to shit since they paid Manning $100 million.

Peyton Manning will play out the life of that contract......LJ won't.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
You guys are scared.

We don't deserve an elite, future-HOF talent with fans like this. All of you disgust me.

Quit suckin his cock, you don't get what a RB's value in this league is.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Peyton Manning will play out the life of that contract......LJ won't.

ATTENTION EVERYONE! MECCA HAS A CRYSTAL BALL!!! PM HIM IMMEDIATELY FOR STOCK TIPS AND VEGAS BETTING SCENARIOS!

Miles
04-26-2007, 07:27 AM
ATTENTION EVERYONE! MECCA HAS A CRYSTAL BALL!!! PM HIM IMMEDIATELY FOR STOCK TIPS AND VEGAS BETTING SCENARIOS!

Doesn't mean its going to happen but a star QB is much more likely to last longer in the league than a star RB.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:27 AM
You guys are scared.

ROFL

"Hey LJ....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hyahahahahahahahahabwbwbababwbbwbwabwabwahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabwahhawbah
ahhahwhbahwhahahahabawhahahabwhahahahahabwahahawahabw
hahawbaha..[deep breath]......hahahahahahahanwhahahahabwhaha
bbawhahhabwabwahahabahahwhaebhiahehahahfhaIWFakefa
efkefk42t4838t48jbjtjb-94jb aigieb5ynmy
4ny4yn4yukyisv 5 03 090y9yjghbmj35-ty949y94yn4
64yn4yi9 4 90b90y945j4jyjy4y6i65yu9u56u6m
ukl4y8y48486ty405009nju5-676-070-7609umkrimfhfghk45y45
ahgahahahahahahahahahahahha.......................
..........................................BEEP

calls back

"Hey LJ, this is Carl...bjwrj v4 t2u fhahahahahahahaahhahah..."

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:29 AM
QBs are more important than RBs.

Everyone but gochiefs understands that.

I hope we trade his ass PRONTO. Just like the Colts did to James.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:29 AM
There's only a couple players in the league I'd consider giving this contract too......and LJ is't one of them.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
That's just great, Carl. Use LJ as a bargaining chip with Priest Holmes. Then use him as your dirt-cheap elite franchise-carrying talent for two years. Then be a cheap bastard and ship him off to some third-world NFL hellhole because of friggin' money. Meanwhile you grossly overpaid for aging hipsters like Tony Gonzalez and Ty Law.

GO TO HELL CARL.

Mecca
QBs are more important than RBs.

Everyone but gochiefs understands that.

I hope we trade his ass PRONTO. Just like the Colts did to James.

The Colts get it, they paid Manning, they paid Harrison, then they had a choice with Wayne and James in the same year and they paid Wayne, they showed you which position has the least value.

the Talking Can
There's only a couple players in the league I'd consider giving this contract too......and LJ is't one of them.

Manning and Brady, that's it.

This is an EASY call.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:31 AM
That's just great, Carl. Use LJ as a bargaining chip with Priest Holmes. Then use him as your dirt-cheap elite franchise-carrying talent for two years. Then be a cheap bastard and ship him off to some third-world NFL hellhole because of friggin' money. Meanwhile you grossly overpaid for aging hipsters like Tony Gonzalez and Ty Law.

GO TO HELL CARL.

Law and Gonzalez together don't make what LJ wants......we can out of that Law contract at any time that LJ one would strap us forever.....likely long after he's productive.

Count Alex's Losses
The Colts get it, they paid Manning, they paid Harrison, then they had a choice with Wayne and James in the same year and they paid Wayne, they showed you which position has the least value.

James had a shitload of miles on him and a knee injury in his past. He wasn't worth it.

LJ is...

Count Alex's Losses
Law and Gonzalez together don't make what LJ wants......we can out of that Law contract at any time that LJ one would strap us forever.....likely long after he's productive.

Go ahead and talk out your ass. You don't even know how it's structured.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:32 AM

This is an EASY call.

I "might" consider Peppers because an elite defensive end to me is highly valuable but it would be borderline after the 2 QB's.

the Talking Can

GO TO HELL CARL.

awww....someone needs his binky....did LJ tell you that he loved you and would never leave?

did he break your hymen?

Miles

This is an EASY call.

I would throw Palmer in there as well.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Go ahead and talk out your ass. You don't even know how it's structured.

34 mill guarented is a serious strapping.......

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:34 AM
I would throw Palmer in there as well.

yeah, possibly...but still, it's just QBs....in 5 years it will seem reasonable for other positions...but now, not for a RB

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:36 AM
I consider RB the most expendable and easiest replaceable position in the league.

No reason to pay this sorta contract to any RB.

Miles
04-26-2007, 07:39 AM
yeah, possibly...but still, it's just QBs....in 5 years it will seem reasonable for other positions...but now, not for a RB

I do agree but that kind of money is not far off for other positions in a few years. Hell the #1 pick is starting to get huge signing bonuses. But for right now I couldn't agree more.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I do agree but that kind of money is not far off for other positions in a few years. Hell the #1 pick is starting to get huge signing bonuses.

but the draft is an artificial market...no one would get that as a FA...

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
He also has the giant red flag 400 carry year.........NO RB is worth what he wants.

There's just far to many good RB's to over pay one.

Miles
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I consider RB the most expendable and easiest replaceable position in the league.

No reason to pay this sorta contract to any RB.

I don't think its quite that easy to find a RB and plug him in. I think it's more the life span of RB's that makes huge long term contracts for them a risk that doesn't need to be taken.

Hog Farmer
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
You guys are friggin morons. I guess you can't remember back to the days of Donnell Bennett and Running back by committee. We now have an elite back that we actually drafted ourselves. For the next five years he will be one of the top three backs in the league every year. Anybody that doesn't want LJ as a Chief, at any price, needs to go root for another team. If we don't have LJ next year then Croyle is gonna get killed and his future will go to hell. Pay the man! It's not money from my pocket! Pay the man!

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:46 AM
How many teams in the league don't have a legit starting RB that is pretty good.......think about that before you start saying he's worth that.

Also bringing up that Bennett shit is stupid, what happened 10 years ago has shit to do with today. It's like people who are afraid to rebuild because the Chiefs weren't any good 20 years ago.

The Poz
04-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Eveyone says "trade hime, trade him". To who?
Who's going to pay that $$$ for him? If the Chiefs won't consider it, who will?
I'm all for keeping LJ for the RIGHT price. Not for what he's asking nor will anyone else. These contract demands are just killing his trade value. He'll prolly sit this year then become a free agent while the Chiefs get Jack $hit for him.
If he's gonna be a baby about it then try like hell to trade him to Buffalo or Green Bay. He'll love living in either of those 2 cities.

Miles
04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
but the draft is an artificial market...no one would get that as a FA...

Good point.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
That's my biggest issue when that comes out that he wants that if you trade him you won't get alot because.....who's gonna pay that and give you anything?

We may get in a position where we have to let him walk for the good of the future of the team.

Hog Farmer
04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
He's under contract next year and then can be franchised, so I guess we get at least two more years anyway if Carl wants.

Codered
04-26-2007, 07:52 AM
So he is worth at least two first rounders right? :)

Mecca
04-26-2007, 07:54 AM
He's under contract next year and then can be franchised, so I guess we get at least two more years anyway if Carl wants.

There's this whole holdout thing.......I don't think he'll step foot on the field without a new deal He knows he has the carry red flag on him and if he looks to not be as good in any way at all he will kill his value.

kepp
04-26-2007, 07:57 AM

I say trade him, LJ is gettin ready to go on the decline, I can already see it now.
JaMarcus Russell is going to get ~$30M guaranteed in his rookie contract. Not saying he deserves it, but that's the market. With that said, I think we would be better off trading LJ.

Miles
04-26-2007, 07:58 AM
There's this whole holdout thing.......I don't think he'll step foot on the field without a new deal He knows he has the carry red flag on him and if he looks to not be as good in any way at all he will kill his value.

And he has definitely outperformed his current contract.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
There is no way he is worth that kind of $ given how fast RB get burnt up. Run him hard this year, franchise him, run him hard the next, release him. His best bet for guaranteed money is to sign a contract now. He's not gogin to get $34M, but he might get $20M. Any more than that and the Cheifs should just run him for 2 more years then release him.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:03 AM
And he has definitely outperformed his current contract.

And that becomes relevant as soon as the NFLPA agrees to make players who under-perform their contract return their money.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:04 AM
There is no way he is worth that kind of $ given how fast RB get burnt up. Run him hard this year, franchise him, run him hard the next, release him. His best bet for guaranteed money is to sign a contract now. He's not gogin to get $34M, but he might get $20M. Any more than that and the Chiefs should just run him for 2 more years then release him.

What happens when he decides he's not playing till he has a new deal.....

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:06 AM

So he holds out. He doesn't get paid this year, holding out would just confirm peoples worries about him being a cancer, the Chiefs release him next year and he still won't find anyone that will pay him $34M guaranteed. I don't see how holding out helps his cause in the least.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:09 AM
So he holds out. He doesn't get paid this year, holding out would just confirm peoples worries about him being a cancer, the Chiefs release him next year and he still won't find anyone that will pay him $34M guaranteed. I don't see how holding out helps his cause in the least.

You can't tell me though his agent didn't tell him, if you play again and look any worse everyone is going to look at your carry numbers and think you are rapidly declining.

By holding out he puts serious pressure on the Chiefs to people like GoChiefs and the casual fans who want to cheer every week and win 8 games and don't care about the cap and just want to pay him......if the Chiefs are like 1-6 people will be flipping out yelling at the Chiefs to pay him.

ChiefsFan4Life
04-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Anyone want to buy an LJ jersey?

Saulbadguy
04-26-2007, 08:11 AM
We'll be lucky to score 14 points a game, period.

Saulbadguy
04-26-2007, 08:12 AM
LJ is an elite back, but i'm not sure we can justify paying him that much when his numbers are sure to drop due to our unstable and crappy offensive line.

The franchise is in rebuilding mode at this point. Let's see what we can get for him.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
His contract demand could possibly make him untradeable........that puts us in a real bad situation.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:15 AM
You can't tell me though his agent didn't tell him, if you play again and look any worse everyone is going to look at your carry numbers and think you are rapidly declining.

By holding out he puts serious pressure on the Chiefs to people like GoChiefs and the casual fans who want to cheer every week and win 8 games and don't care about the cap and just want to pay him......if the Chiefs are like 1-6 people will be flipping out yelling at the Chiefs to pay him.

It's like a game of chicken. Both sides are driving hard toward the cliff. Neither Carl or LJ win anthing by driving off the cliff. Neither side is without risk. The smart thing is to get a reasonable contract done.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Something tells me.....LJ thinks reasonable is making the most money of any RB and I don't think that is reasonable.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Something tells me.....LJ thinks reasonable is making the most money of any RB and I don't think that is reasonable.

LJ has to find a team that will pay it. I don't see any stepping up to the plate.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:22 AM
LJ has to find a team that will pay it. I don't see any stepping up to the plate.

I agree with you but, there will be alot of public pressure if the Chiefs let their best player sit. There are tons of fans that don't understand or don't care and just want him signed.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I agree with you but, there will be alot of public pressure if the Chiefs let their best player sit. There are tons of fans that don't understand or don't care and just want him signed.

Carl, the fans don't like you already, so its time to step up and take one of the the team. Just say no to giving LJ $34M.

Coogs
04-26-2007, 08:29 AM

Could be just the Chiefs he wants this type of jack from. Remember, he feels he was screwed over for 2 years of his career. Never mind that it was DV at the helm, it was still the Chiefs.

royr17
04-26-2007, 08:35 AM
James had a shitload of miles on him and a knee injury in his past. He wasn't worth it.

LJ is...

LJ is 27 goin on 28, he's about to start declining. Ship him off and get younger.

Plus Herm has said LJ isnt a leader, and we need a RB that can be a leader. Get what you can for LJ, for all we know next year LJ could go down like Jamal Anderson did.

Do the smart thing Carl, Trade LJ while you still can.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 08:46 AM
What a joke. Good luck with that Larry.

Someone pony up another first and a third, we'll have him on a plane by noon...

Soupnazi
04-26-2007, 08:49 AM

The Colts have simply proven that they didn't need to pay through the nose for a running back in order to be successful. When we get a QB that is as good as Manning, then the $100 million number would be worth entertaining. Until then, no thanks.

JBucc
04-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Here's what we'll do, we'll give his 80 million, but it'll be over 100,000,000,000,000,000 years. That works out to about um well, something small I think.

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 08:55 AM
This is fkn laughable.

$80MM for a malcontent that's been used like an old whore the last 2 years? Yeah, I don't think so. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.....

I'll take the draft picks, please.

Soupnazi
04-26-2007, 08:59 AM
An open question to GoChiefs:

Which is a better option for the future of this franchise? 1. Paying LJ big money so he can grind it out behind a patchwork, shitty offensive line or 2. Getting rid of him to load up on O-Line talent that will protect a developing quarterback and be good enough to allow jokester RB's like Derrick Blaylock to be productive behind?

NewChief
04-26-2007, 09:01 AM
An open question to GoChiefs:

Which is a better option for the future of this franchise? 1. Paying LJ big money so he can grind it out behind a patchwork, shitty offensive line or 2. Getting rid of him to load up on O-Line talent that will protect a developing quarterback and be good enough to allow jokester RB's like Derrick Blaylock to be productive behind?

Don't try to come between GoChiefs and his mancrush of the month. Ask him the same question next month, when he's moved on from LJ and is slobbering all over some new draft pick, and you'll get an entirely different perspective from him.

El Jefe
04-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I am a huge LJ fan but no way for that kind of cheddar, especially not in the guranteed money. I say if we cant keep him take him for another 400 carry season this year, lets get some worth outta him lol. But if we do that the more carries he has the harder he would be to demand high trade value IMO.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Here's what we'll do, we'll give his 80 million, but it'll be over 100,000,000,000,000,000 years. That works out to about um well, something small I think.

you're hired

Soupnazi
04-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't try to come between GoChiefs and his mancrush of the month. Ask him the same question next month, when he's moved on from LJ and is slobbering all over some new draft pick, and you'll get an entirely different perspective from him.

I can understand the affection for LJ, I really can. He's been a productive player, and still has some life left in him. I do think there's a big problem among the "we must keep LJ" people in that they seem to believe that this team is going to be very competitive as long as we keep him. At this point, or in the very near future, this team is in need of 4 offensive linemen, 2 corners, 2 wide receivers, a QB (depending on how the Croyle thing works), 2 DT's, and possibly a LB.

If I had it my way, we'd have dumped Gonzalez and got picks for him too.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Jesus. $34M signing bonus?

Getting a first and a third was going to be hard enough.

We'll be lucky to get a deal like Buffalo got for McGahee.

Right now, if Carl gets offered anything DECENT, he's almost gotta pull the trigger. Otherwise we get jack shit....he'll walk.

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Why does everyone assume the numbers are accurate?

Even if it is accurate, by way of comparison, LT signed an 8 year 60 million dollar deal with 21 guaranteed. The cap has gone up around 25% since that contract was signed, so a first demand for 8 years 80 million isn't far off. The 34 guaranteed is insane, but it's part of the negotiation process. The 80 million portion is monopoly money away. It could be 8 years 800 million - it wouldn't matter as those final years are always inflated and the money is never seen nor paid.

StcChief
04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Larry is dreaming. Go sell your clothes line.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Why does everyone assume the numbers are accurate?

Even if it is accurate, by way of comparison, LT signed an 8 year 60 million dollar deal with 21 guaranteed. The cap has gone up around 25% since that contract was signed, so a first demand for 8 years 80 million isn't far off. The 34 guaranteed is insane, but it's part of the negotiation process. The 80 million portion is monopoly money away. It could be 8 years 800 million - it wouldn't matter as those final years are always inflated and the money is never seen nor paid.

I don't think he should be asking for a contract considerable to Tomlinsons with the cap increase.....he isn't as good.

dirk digler
04-26-2007, 09:23 AM
As much as I love LJ and my LJ jersey I don't see the Chiefs paying him that kind of money. I think we need to do what the Donkeys do and build the O-Line and we can make any RB great.

Soupnazi
04-26-2007, 09:24 AM
He might want to prove that he can block worth a shit or catch the ball reliably before he asks for Tomlinson money.

Donger
04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Neophytic question here, but do the Chiefs (or any other team for that matter) have that kind of cash on hand? Does it depend on where the Chiefs are with regards to the salary cap?

I guess the question is, could the Chiefs even do this deal, if they so wanted?

trndobrd
04-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I would be very reluctant to trade LJ, nor do I believe in Mecca's ability to see into the future. But I don't see him getting $20M more base and $13M more guaranteed than Tomlinson.

I think LJ's agent suggestion that he should get an $80million contract is a truthful as CP's comments that he is shopping LJ. Both are part of the negotiation process.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 09:28 AM

But but but this team won't win a Super Bowl next year without Larry Johnson!1

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:29 AM
This team isn't going to win a bowl or likely contend for one the entire time Larry Johnson is good........I think some people don't see that though.

Fish
04-26-2007, 09:33 AM
His contract demand could possibly make him untradeable........that puts us in a real bad situation.

This is what I'm worried about.... LJ's ego could ruin his chance with any team....

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
This is just further proof that there is no chance in hell a trade is going to happen prior to the draft. No team would be able to agree to a long term contract with him by Saturday.

Next stop - do the Chiefs take a HB on day 1.

2nd stop - LJ's holdout express.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:44 AM
What if........we draft Marshawn Lynch.........the meltdown will be epic.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
What if........we draft Marshawn Lynch.........the meltdown will be epic.

Kinda like the meltdown when we drafted LJ?

People can change stories all they want, but I remember reading through the archives when I was still lurking around here and people were pissed.....

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM

People can change stories all they want, but I remember reading through the archives when I was still lurking around here and people were pissed.....

I wanted Polamalu in that draft so I can't say I wasn't a little annoyed...

We should send LJ to Green Bay he thinks KC is bad and unhip and has nothing for the black man to do.......let's see how he does in Green Bay.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM

i think logical literally lost his mind that day

one of Carl's best picks ever....he took the BAA over some worthless DE that DV wanted...thank god

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
No wonder he hasn't been traded yet...

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 09:54 AM
one of Carl's best picks ever....he took the BAA over some worthless DE that DV wanted...thank god

Yeah, it really got the Chiefs far.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, it really got the Chiefs far.

what's that got to do with anything?

Cochise
04-26-2007, 10:03 AM
It was an epic meltdown.

I didn't sh#t myself like 99.9% of the Planet did. When I heard the pick announced on TV, the thought that immediately came to my head was, "Carl must know something about Priest that we don't." That being, that his durability was a concern or the team felt his days of productivity were coming to an end.

If you'd have posted that you thought this was going to prove to be one of Carl's best draft picks ever... well, not that you could get into the site that day...

Probably all the same people who are saying that if we trade Johnson, the Chiefs will sink into a valley of suck so deep they will never emerge again are the ones who were starting "TRADE LJ" threads at the top of every hour when Holmes showed up to camp that year. Somebody wanted to convert Johnson to full back, and somebody wanted to trade him for I think Justin McCareins.

Shows you what Joe Planet/Sixpack knows about running an NFL team. I'm not a Carl fan but... shows what Joe knows...

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
I hope the site is locked to just members during the draft otherwise it will be a long day....

Chief Faithful
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Crap like this is exactly why the Franchise Tag was created.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Crap like this is exactly why the Franchise Tag was created.

Ask the Bears how that's going with Lance Briggs....

boogblaster
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Thats only 250,000.00 a game....pay the bro....

carlos3652
04-26-2007, 10:14 AM
I'd rather pay him a big short term contract, than anything long term...

How about 8M G'd, 20M over the next 3 years (Then we can trade him for picks, his trade value might be lower, but with a contract in place, teams would be willing to take him)

Either that or I think that we will franchise him and then trade him...

I still think we can get something out of him... we wont get 1st round picks, but we will get what the bills got for their RB...

Chief Faithful
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Ask the Bears how that's going with Lance Briggs....

Dealing with player tantrums associated with the Franchise Tag is better than give a 28yr old RB an 8 year $80M deal with $34M guaranteed. With the Tag he can choose to play or hold out. If he holds out he gets no pay and if he plays he gets fair salary on a one year at a time basis.

The Rick
04-26-2007, 10:17 AM
The funny part about this thread is that GoChiefs put on his "Jason Whitlock" mask and just took the opposite of whatever the popular opinion was. Then, he successfully got some of the people here all riled up. Might as well just call him BigSexy Jr.

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 10:19 AM
what's that got to do with anything?

IMO, it has a lot to do with it.

Carl drafted a very good player. That's good on paper, but the fit of the player with the team wasn't that great.

He wasn't well rounded enough in the beginning and Priest ended up being healthy and did a great job for a few more years. Then after one complete solid season (with a one and out playoff loss) there is a contract dispute and the team is entertaining offers for the player. Good draft pick in terms of talent, but in terms of the positive effect the player has had for the franchise it isn't nearly as good.

carlos3652
04-26-2007, 10:19 AM
The funny part about this thread is that GoChiefs put on his "Jason Whitlock" mask and just took the opposite of whatever the popular opinion was. Then, he successfully got some of the people here all riled up. Might as well just call him BigSexy Jr.

The White, nerdy version of Big Sexy is a better name...

vailpass
04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Do any New York area teams have picks to trade that would be a fair deal for KC?
LJ just may ammend his demands to a more reasonable level to play/live in the big house???

alanm
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
You guys are scared.

So... When are you leaving?

Sure-Oz
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
LJ is not worth that money, there are a ton of good rb's out there to be had, and only 15 or so top notch qbs if that, that is why they are paid the big bucks. Pay larry but not even close to what he wants, let another team be the dumbass.

StcChief
04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
LJ wants 8 year, $80 million deal with $34 million guaranteed

and people in Hell want Ice water.

bringbackmarty
04-26-2007, 10:47 AM
This franchise went to shit before, and it probably will again. It is going to take more than running lj into the ground to bail us out.

BigRedChief
04-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I was one of the posters melting down. Our defense was horrible. We needed defense. They picked a back up running back. In 2003 how could anyone see on paper that was that right decision at the time?
Did the Sims/Savii/Freeman decisions also work out? What's the % that a top 2 rounder pick worked out for the Chiefs in the King Carl era?
Maybe if we would have had some defense in 2003 we could have made a Super Bowl run?

SNR
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
It's a shame the Redskins don't have picks to trade...

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
IMO, it has a lot to do with it.

Carl drafted a very good player. That's good on paper, but the fit of the player with the team wasn't that great.

He wasn't well rounded enough in the beginning and Priest ended up being healthy and did a great job for a few more years. Then after one complete solid season (with a one and out playoff loss) there is a contract dispute and the team is entertaining offers for the player. Good draft pick in terms of talent, but in terms of the positive effect the player has had for the franchise it isn't nearly as good.

it was LJ or Brayton - who DV wanted....it was a great pick, the perfect example of BAA in action...whether or not we resign him has nothing to do with an evaluation of the pick...

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
$80 million?

I understand that LJ's highballing and everything, but that's leadership numbers. You pay leaders that much, and for all his value on the football field, LJ's not a leader in the locker room. He simply isn't.

You can probably cut that in half and make that more realistic. 4 years, $40 million, with $20something guaranteed? I still believe he'll have value for us for another three to four years at least.

Phobia
04-26-2007, 10:56 AM
The only way LJ is worth that much money is if he's also willing to cut his tongue out. Keep that sumbitch quiet in the lockerroom.

Ecto-I
04-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll bet Priest Holmes just sat up in his chair at news of a possible LJ trade. Could he be our starting RB this season???

carlos3652
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Priest is munching on Nachos...

dj56dt58
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
take how much the entire offense makes and give 90% to LJ for running the ball, 9% to the linemen for their shitty blocking, and 1% to the qb for handing the ball off to him

eazyb81
04-26-2007, 11:12 AM
The sad thing about this situation is that the consensus seems to be that we should trade him. However, no one is going to give us top compensation for him when they will have to turn around and give him a ridiculous contract. It's the same situation as when Seattle was trying to trade Alexander a year or two ago. They wanted a 1st, but the most anyone offered was a 2nd, so they bit the bullet and paid him.

I would love to see us trade him and get a Herschel Walker type package in return, but that's not realistic these days.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2007, 11:21 AM
well that sucks ......... will make it harder to trade him.

if buffalo will give their 1st and 3rd ... we should be all over that.

in fact, if any team in the top half of the first round is willing to give a 1st and 3rd we shouldn't even want to the draft starts.

Chief Chief
04-26-2007, 11:33 AM
First, let's remember that, as King Pink, he does have a realm/kingdom with many damsels to maintain and please...and they don't come cheap!!

Second, we'd do well to either run the crap out of him this year and release him, OR trade him now for another 1st round pick and a conditional 1st round pick in '08.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
This place is reading like Finheaven after Carl asked for a 2nd & 7th for Green

cdcox
04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
The sad thing about this situation is that the consensus seems to be that we should trade him. However, no one is going to give us top compensation for him when they will have to turn around and give him a ridiculous contract. It's the same situation as when Seattle was trying to trade Alexander a year or two ago. They wanted a 1st, but the most anyone offered was a 2nd, so they bit the bullet and paid him.

I would love to see us trade him and get a Herschel Walker type package in return, but that's not realistic these days.

Alexander only got $15M guaranteed...

That contract wasn't a cap buster.

keg in kc
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
I'd like to have an 11-inch dick and a lifetime supply of pizza and beer.

Sadly, wanting something doesn't make it happen, especially something crazy.

Good luck with that, LJ.

trndobrd
04-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Ten pages for what amounts to contract negotiations? LJs agent threw out a ridiculously high number. Whoopty-do. This is a reaction to CP's suggestion that he is shopping LJ. Other teams will be less interested in a trade if they know LJ is demanding top dollar.

There isn't a "situation" or "impasses" or anything else. LJ has said he doesn't care about the money, just winning. He isn't holding out, demanding a trade or on ESPN doing sit-ups in his driveway. Negotiations will continue.

Who cares how much the total contract is worth? The only issues are how much of a cap hit will there be during the next 4-5 years and guaranteed money. He could have a contract making $11 Billion in year 8 of his contract for all I care. Depending on how much help he gets from Bennett and others during the next few seasons, he is looking at 5 more years in the NFL...max.

CP isn't going to trade him, LJ will get paid more than Gore and less than Tomalinson, LJ will be the Chiefs starting RB for the next 3 seasons.

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Without reading every reply. this is just the start out number. then CP makes his offer, and they meet up somewhere. Thats all it is.

People always love to over react. lol I was talking about over reacting on another bard lastnight. I had to laugh when i seen the first page of replies here.

Programmer
04-26-2007, 12:29 PM
If LJ gets traded the only offensive highlights we will be able to see will be taped from the 2005 season.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Keep ****ing doubting Dee Brown

Programmer
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Dante is gone, Trent is going, LJ may be going, hell we should bite the bullet and send Gonzalez out the door too. Trade him to a team that will get him a ring, doesnt' look like he'll get one in KC. Or anyone else for that matter.

noa
04-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Other teams won't have a shot at LJ until at least next season when he is 28. NO TEAM IN THE NFL WILL PAY THIS MUCH MONEY TO A 28 YEAR OLD RB WHO IS BREAKING RECORDS FOR CARRIES.
If he doesn't believe it, LJ can test the free agent market and find out for himself that teams are not willing to mortgage their future on a RB.

StcChief
04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Other teams won't have a shot at LJ until at least next season when he is 28. NO TEAM IN THE NFL WILL PAY THIS MUCH MONEY TO A 28 YEAR OLD RB WHO IS BREAKING RECORDS FOR CARRIES.
If he doesn't believe it, LJ can test the free agent market and find out for himself that teams are not willing to mortgage their future on a RB. I can't believe I'm saying this...

The Dungver RB 'Plug-and-play' approach is where we and others are likely headed with RB salary demands getting outta hand.

LJ is just following the demands of others Edge,etc. listening to their agents and what they think the market will bring.

Hope LJ works out on someone else's payroll and potential Cap Hell they will be in.

Really don't see King Carl, Clark Hunt poney up that kinda dough

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
LJ knows he's not getting this kind of cheese......kurds. He just wants out of KC, he has from day 1. I say franchise him over and over and over again if we don't get proper compensation. If he doesn't like it he can go sell clothes.

eazyb81
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Alexander only got $15M guaranteed...

That contract wasn't a cap buster.

But the point was that they tried to get a nice return of draft picks for him, and they couldn't do it.

bringbackmarty
04-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I can't wait til it goes down. The proverbial turd in gochiefs' punch bowl.
Sorry dude, but you set yourself up
for a sure fire butt plugging on the board with this one....

|+|

J Diddy
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
I'd like to have an 11-inch dick and a lifetime supply of pizza and beer.

Sadly, wanting something doesn't make it happen, especially something crazy.

Good luck with that, LJ.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161952

This guy might be able to help you out with that it appears he won't need his anymore

GoHuge
04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
This franchise will go to shit without Larry Johnson. We'll be lucky to score 14 points in any game next year without him.Paying a malcontent 16 million more than the unquestioned #1 guy at his position is just stupid. Sorry to break your heart and avatat love for LJ, but if they give him this deal the franchise will go to shit. Look at the Priest Holmes or Trent Green situation. Your left cutting a guy and trying to recoup his signing bonus, or you have to carry his lame ass like we are Preist. No running back is going see the field at 35 years old. Especially getting the work load LJ is. God you really are retarded :shake:

jspchief
04-26-2007, 03:40 PM
The salary cap has gone up something like 36% since Tomlinson got his contract.

Comparing LJ's demands with LT's 2 year old contract fails to recognize the money that has been added.

OctoberFart
04-26-2007, 03:59 PM
I agree. You need to suck Carl off now so he can talk owners to paying him. It was very predictable what LJ was going to ask for a MAX contract. Wouldn't expect any less from such a thug.

J Diddy
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
I agree. You need to suck Carl off now so he can talk owners to paying him. It was very predictable what LJ was going to ask for a MAX contract. Wouldn't expect any less from such a thug.

Pot, kettle, black

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Comparing LJ's demands with LT's 2 year old contract fails to recognize the money that has been added.

IMO this is one of the reasons that salaries have gotten so out of control. LJ is not as good as LT, so he shouldn't be paid as well. If the logic is more money added to the cap, then LT should have his deal restructured. LT is too classy to ask for that though........

tk13
04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm not surprised, I said two years ago LJ would probably be the first Chief to want 30+ million in signing bonus... really there aren't too many players who broke that plateau, but with the way he's played and the way the market has blown up, he's gonna say he wants more money than Tomlinson.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM

You're sadly mistaken. I've been 100% behind LJ for months if not years at this juncture.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Wait til you read my column tonight.

jjjayb
04-26-2007, 07:12 PM

When he learns how to block, then learns how to catch the ball come back and talk to me about deserving it.

NUMBER7
04-26-2007, 07:19 PM
When he learns how to block, then learns how to catch the ball come back and talk to me about deserving it.

We have a winner!:clap:

Logical
04-26-2007, 07:29 PM

Don't matter, LJ is only half the player LT is, he does not deserve LT type money.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Don't matter, LJ is only half the player LT is, he does not deserve LT type money.

Half the player...LMAO.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2007, 08:03 PM

This logic gets thrown out the window in the NFL.

When the first pick in the draft makes more than 90% of the players in the league, the payscale doesn't mean shit.

Bwana
04-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey LJ, See ya.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey LJ, See ya.

...at Arrowhead.

Chiefs fans are a bunch of scared, cheap bastards.

noa
04-26-2007, 08:17 PM
...at Arrowhead.

This doesn't have anything to do with being cheap. Paying a 27 year old RB that kind of money just isn't smart for the franchise. I hope we'll be able to strike a deal, and I know this is probably just his agent coming out with a ridiculous number to start the negotiations high, but if this is really the kind of money he wants, it would be better for us not to give it to him.

Unless, of course, all you care about is jersey sales and not success as a team.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Mecca has poisoned all your minds.

Adept Havelock
04-26-2007, 08:31 PM

No, it's called recognizing a potentially very risky bad investment.

If you didn't live in the family basement and had to worry about such economic concepts, you might recognize it yourself.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 08:41 PM
No, it's called recognizing a potentially very risky bad investment.

If you didn't live in the family basement and had to worry about such economic concepts, you might recognize it yourself.

LOL.

Whatever. I'm sure your understanding of 80-million dollar contracts is soooooooo much better than mine. What a farce.

Adept Havelock
04-26-2007, 08:46 PM
LOL.

Whatever. I'm sure your understanding of 80-million dollar contracts is soooooooo much better than mine. What a farce.

The "concept" I mentioned is investments, and recognizing a risky or bad one.

I'm quite confident I have a greater understanding of that than you.

However, feel free to believe whatever you want. :shrug:

Paying a (by then nearly 29 year old) RB that kind of money is the real farce, but I wouldn't expect a love struck fanboy like yourself to recognize that either.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 08:48 PM
LJ won't be 29 until the 10th game of the 2008 season.

Adept Havelock
04-26-2007, 08:50 PM
LJ won't be 29 until the 10th game of the 2008 season.

So 2 and 1/2 months doesn't count as "nearly"? I'm guessing he becomes an FA, and we don't resign him till near camp, of course. Either way, he's worth big money, but not that kind of cash. No way in hell he's worth it.

I wouldn't pay Jim Brown in his prime that kind of cash.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
So 2 and 1/2 months doesn't count as "nearly"?.

I don't think you understand what's going on. LJ is 27 right now. The Chiefs are going to sign him to a contract right now. Saying he's "nearly 29" is just...ignorant.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 09:00 PM

Even me?

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Even me?

No...you've remained rational.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 09:04 PM
No...you've remained rational.

My thoughts on the subject mirror Mecca's almost exactly.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:06 PM
My thoughts on the subject mirror Mecca's almost exactly.

Mecca wants to trade the guy for peanuts. Weren't you saying LJ is worth far more to the Chiefs on the roster than in exchange for picks that aren't comparable to his worth?

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Mecca wants to trade the guy for peanuts. Weren't you saying LJ is worth far more to the Chiefs on the roster than in exchange for picks that aren't comparable to his worth?

He is worth more to us than what he's worth in a trade. That's still true.

What wasn't true when I first said it was that LJ was asking for a ridiculous contract.

He's 27 years old and the effects of this last season cannot be discounted.

go bowe
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think you understand what's going on. LJ is 27 right now. The Chiefs are going to sign him to a contract right now. Saying he's "nearly 29" is just...ignorant.yeah that radio interview that was linked didn't sound like an angry i-wanna-get-out-of-kc kind of conversation at all...

my overall impression was that he actually wants to stay in kc and that he expects to get a lot more $$ when the time comes to sign on the dotted line...

whether it's the chiefs or some other team, larry wants to get paid...

i hope we pay him and lock him into a contract extension before he hits the market...

Bwana
04-26-2007, 09:22 PM
...at Arrowhead.

Bullshit, so you would pay him that kind of jack if you were GM? Christ, if that's the case, you make Peterson look good.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
To many people are looking at the Chiefs in a pure entertainment standpoint, to either sit at home or go to the stadium eat and get drunk.

If the Chiefs do what they should do to compete for a Bowl in a few years it will likely involve a 3-13 year and that kills those people's fun because they don't really care about the bowl......they'll take their 8-8 and winning most home games cause they get drunk and have some fun, winning a bowl isn't their priority.

Logical
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
This logic gets thrown out the window in the NFL.

When the first pick in the draft makes more than 90% of the players in the league, the payscale doesn't mean shit.The first pick in the draft is not getting LT type guaranteed money, sure the contract value appears to be larger but that is illusion.

Logical
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
To many people are looking at the Chiefs in a pure entertainment standpoint, to either sit at home or go to the stadium eat and get drunk.

If the Chiefs do what they should do to compete for a Bowl in a few years it will likely involve a 3-13 year and that kills those people's fun because they don't really care about the bowl......they'll take their 8-8 and winning most home games cause they get drunk and have some fun, winning a bowl isn't their priority.

Unfortunately you are correct and Carl has built a career based on this fact.

jspchief
04-27-2007, 01:18 AM

If the Chiefs do what they should do to compete for a Bowl in a few years it will likely involve a 3-13 year and that kills those people's fun because they don't really care about the bowl......they'll take their 8-8 and winning most home games cause they get drunk and have some fun, winning a bowl isn't their priority.What the hell else is watching pro sports?

It is entertainment.

Der Flöprer
04-27-2007, 01:21 AM

The real entertainment is GOING to the bowl.

shrek6849
04-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Wow, I've read only 5 pages and I know for sure only two things:

1. GoChiefs is a ****ing idiot.

2. He will never be a GM. (Ok maybe for the Lions.)

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:08 AM
What the hell else is watching pro sports?

It is entertainment.

Some people are "entertained" by the possibility of their team winning it all, some aren't.

Chiefnj
04-27-2007, 08:34 AM
The first pick in the draft is not getting LT type guaranteed money, sure the contract value appears to be larger but that is illusion.

Mario Williams had 26.5 in guaranteed money last year as the top pick. Wasn't LT's contract 20 or 24 guaranteed?

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Team cancer.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hh4Tltgu3n8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hh4Tltgu3n8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jspchief
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Some of you need to listen to yourselves.

You've gotten to the point where you no longer think watching sports is about being entertained. Even worse, you seem to think that's a more noble or intelligent approach to watching your favorite team.

Take a break from internet message boards. Some of you are too concerned with the chest pounding the Chiefs allow you.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I'd like to see a bowl win before I die.........

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Some of you need to listen to yourselves.

You've gotten to the point where you no longer think watching sports is about being entertained. Even worse, you seem to think that's a more noble or intelligent approach to watching your favorite team.

Take a break from internet message boards. Some of you are too concerned with the chest pounding the Chiefs allow you.

Get real.

My three best friends are Colt and Donk fans.

I USED to be entertained by the Chiefs. Then I saw how entertained they are by their teams.

jspchief
04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Get real.

My three best friends are Colt and Donk fans.

I USED to be entertained by the Chiefs. Then I saw how entertained they are by their teams.Meh.

Over the last 17 years we've seen the Chiefs go through an amazing defensive era and an amazing offensive era. They've only lost more games than they've won a few times in that span.

Now we actually have fans that are so spoiled by that that they are hoping for a truly shitty season as if that somehow insures future success.

Sure I get tired of losing in the first round of the play-offs, but it beats the hell out of being eliminated 8 weeks into the season. I'm only guaranteed 16 games per year. I'll be damned if I'm going to refuse to enjoy them simply based on the team's projected post-season success.

Honestly watching football was a helluva a lot more fun before I started frequenting internet football BBs. It's gone from watching my favorite team compete, to expecting my favorite team to give me a competitive edge over fans of other teams.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Meh.

Over the last 17 years we've seen the Chiefs go through an amazing defensive era and an amazing offensive era. They've only lost more games than they've won a few times in that span.

Now we actually have fans that are so spoiled by that that they are hoping for a truly shitty season as if that somehow insures future success.

Sure I get tired of losing in the first round of the play-offs, but it beats the hell out of being eliminated 8 weeks into the season. I'm only guaranteed 16 games per year. I'll be damned if I'm going to refuse to enjoy them simply based on the team's projected post-season success.

Honestly watching football was a helluva a lot more fun before I started frequenting internet football BBs. It's gone from watching my favorite team compete, to expecting my favorite team to give me a competitive edge over fans of other teams.

In NO WAY do I think a truly shitty season INSURES future success.

But I do KNOW that our current method of patching and patching and patching has been going on for almost 20 years, and the jury says that the approach insures LACK OF SUCCESS.

I certainly agree with your last sentiment, but in some ways, don't you think it was the whole "ignorance is bliss" principle?

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Meh.

Very well said! The other intangible, that many people forget. This team has respect from other teams, which can detract from the other teams confidence. Even when they are clearly the better team, see San Diego at Arrowhead last year.
In the 70s and 80s many average teams expected to win games against the Chiefs, and did. I am probably not saying this very well, but it is quite a hump to overcome being a doormat. I don't think it is just about talent, their has to be confidence and intimidation.
I honestly think that has been a huge part of New Englands run, confidence and intimidation.

Count Alex's Losses
07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Seems that Larry has come down in his contract demands, no?

MOhillbilly
07-20-2007, 03:51 PM
shit in one hand, want in the other and see which one fills up faster mr. LJ.

CHIEF4EVER
07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
LJ wants 8 year, $80 million deal with $34 million guaranteed

I want Lindsay Lohan to blow me on Pay Per View. Just as likely to happen. LMAO

Guru
07-20-2007, 04:07 PM
No way in hell he will come anywhere close to this contract demand with the Chiefs.

jjjayb
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM

Heh. GOATSE was right again. Everyone else was so wrong to think we were wasting money on LJ. ROFL

This was another great one from this thread:

You guys are friggin morons. I guess you can't remember back to the days of Donnell Bennett and Running back by committee. We now have an elite back that we actually drafted ourselves. For the next five years he will be one of the top three backs in the league every year. Anybody that doesn't want LJ as a Chief, at any price, needs to go root for another team. If we don't have LJ next year then Croyle is gonna get killed and his future will go to hell. Pay the man! It's not money from my pocket! Pay the man!

Sorry to dig this back up. I just happened across this thread and thought these guys "predictions" were hilarious. ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Score one for me! Damn straight!

L.A. Chieffan
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey Goat, Did you know that Ted Bundy's first dog was a collie named Lassie?

Did you know that?

the Talking Can
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
ROFL

adios LJ.....

trade his ass pronto, hell I'd trade him for even asking for that much

ROFL

and I'd laugh in his face when his agent said how much they want

if only....

the Talking Can
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
goatse is the new kcjohhny

kstater
12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Heh. GOATSE was right again. Everyone else was so wrong to think we were wasting money on LJ. ROFL

Sorry to dig this back up. I just happened across this thread and thought these guys "predictions" were hilarious. ROFL

Uhh, the Chiefs have only scored 14 once while LJ has been out. And they were lucky to do that.

the Talking Can
12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
LJ is an elite back, but i'm not sure we can justify paying him that much when his numbers are sure to drop due to our unstable and crappy offensive line.

The franchise is in rebuilding mode at this point. Let's see what we can get for him.

I wish you were our GM.

KCJohnny
12-03-2007, 07:05 PM
goatse is the new kcjohhny

Your momma.

jjjayb
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Uhh, the Chiefs have only scored 14 once while LJ has been out. And they were lucky to do that.

And our rookie RB has looked better in 2 games than LJ did all year. It sure looks like a smart move paying LJ a ton of money now doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Bwana
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Nice Bump

LMAO

jjjayb
12-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Nice Bump

LMAO

I really wanted to find one of the threads with all of the people saying "it's okaaaay, it's only preseason" when we looked like complete and utter crap in the preseason. They really expected the team to just start clicking magically when the real season started.