PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn?

Chief Nute
04-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Forgive the homer thread title......but just curious what you guys think about this guy.

Let me preface the post by saying that I like Teddy because of where he is coming from.....but I really do not think he is ready to be an impact player in the league yet. He is not polished enough of a receiver yet......he came in from high school as a DB and was thrust into the role of WR when Jim Tressel was getting pounded in the local media for having a boring offense. Teddy was too fast for everyone in college and soared. It isnt quite that easy in the NFL........he is going to have a lot to learn.

With that being said, I am curious if (A) he drops to us and (B) if the Chiefs would be willing to gamble that he can learn the position quickly to be effective as a pro.

One thing I do know, and that is he could help us in the return game right away. He is the anti-Dante in that he runs north/south.

I personally am not sure the Chiefs are in a position that they can gamble on an offensive 1st round draft pick like Ginn. If he ends up like the next Santana Moss, thats great, but he also has a chance to end up like the next Dante Hall......which isnt the worst thing ever, but I'd obviously like something a little better with our 1st rounder.......

kepp
04-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Honestly? He scares me because I can see him being another Dante. I would rather have Gonzalez than him. He's fast, smart and a good route-runner.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Ginn has all the physical talent in the world that said he is a bit risky because he may never be more than a slot WR......he however will always be an impact player on special teams.

He's like the total opposite of Jarrett, Jarrett is polished and ready to go Ginn is very raw you're drafting on what you think he may b e.

Chief Nute
04-26-2007, 08:11 AM
He's like the total opposite of Jarrett.......

Yea.....Ginn is fast and Jarrett is slow. :)

Just kidding......but not completely. I'm not a big Jarrett guy, but I am guessing that about half of that is that I just cant get Mike Williams out of my mind. I would probably be more willing to gamble on Jarrett than I would on Ginn though.......

I am just not a big Jarrett guy, but I could be dead wrong.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Yea.....Ginn is fast and Jarrett is slow. :)

Just kidding......but not completely. I'm not a big Jarrett guy, but I am guessing that about half of that is that I just cant get Mike Williams out of my mind. I would probably be more willing to gamble on Jarrett than I would on Ginn though.......

I am just not a big Jarrett guy, but I could be dead wrong.

Go check out his videos I posted in the draft forum.......

kepp
04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Go check out his videos I posted in the draft forum.......
I watched them and, while I don't agree with all the comparisons to Mike Williams, Williams did the same things while at SC. I do like Jarrett though and I would be excited if we got him.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
There is the difference of Jarrett weighing about 217 and Mike Williams weighing about 245....Jarrett doesn't have Williams weight problems or any of the other issues Williams does...

Chief Nute
04-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Did Williams always carry 245 lbs. in college? I was under the impression that he was always a little bigger, but not borderline TE big.......

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Did Williams always carry 245 lbs. in college? I was under the impression that he was always a little bigger, but not borderline TE big.......

I believe he played in the 235 area at USC, there were college teams that recruited him out of high school to be a TE, so he's always been large......he just can't get away with it in the NFL, atleast not being asked to do what he's asked to do in that offense.

mylittlepony
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Ginn isnt gonna drop to us I belive, Tennessee needs a return man since pacman is gone and hasnt taken a wideout in years... I think. I would be very surpised if they didnt go for Ginn, he seems like a good fit in that team.

I like Jarret I would love to see him a chief next year.

Bowser
04-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Meh. I'd roll the dice on Yamon Figurs being there in the third. Figurs is nearly the exact same build and as fast as Ginn. Plus, K-State used him as a gunner on punts, something I don't think Ginn ever did, which could help him in the NFL.

El Jefe
04-26-2007, 09:06 AM
We have already had like 50 threads on him. Im a Buckeye fan i think he would be great, he is a special teams force. He would be a great way to spread the field to. I love the thought of Teddy in a chiefs uni. But he isnt gonna go past 19 the Titans are all over him.

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
As a return man he is great.

As a receiver you'd have to remember that he is extremely raw and will need time to develop. He isn't going to come into the NFL and put up numbers in his first or second year like a CJ or Jarrett. You hope he becomes a better route runner. His game speed is unmatched which is why someone will take the risk. He's a TD threat every time he has the ball.

4th and Long
04-26-2007, 09:34 AM
What about Ted McGinley?
http://www.bundyology.com/happy.jpg

Sully
04-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm on the Ginn bandwagon.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Ginn has all-world potential, but no way would I use a 1st rounder on him. He's a mid 2nd rounder and below.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 09:57 AM
No.

Chief Nute
04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
No.

:eek:

That bad, huh? LMAO

I agree, I wouldnt be too excited about the pick, but where we are drafting, I wouldnt be on suicide watch either.....

Buehler445
04-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Meh. I'd roll the dice on Yamon Figurs being there in the third. Figurs is nearly the exact same build and as fast as Ginn. Plus, K-State used him as a gunner on punts, something I don't think Ginn ever did, which could help him in the NFL.

SI has him going in the 7th round. I know that doesn't mean anything, but we maybe able to fill the Hall spot later in the draft.

Toad
04-26-2007, 10:13 PM
He's too skinny and frail to endure 16+ games against much bigger CB's in the NFL.