PDA

View Full Version : Vegas NOT impressed with Peterson/Edwards regime

FringeNC
04-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Looked at the odds of winning the 2008 Superbowl, and Vegas has given the Chiefs the same odds as the lowly Raiders and Cardinals. (50-1)

Only Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota and Detroit are viewed as worse teams by Vegas. (100-1)

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't think anyone here thinks we're going to the Bowl.....most us don't even think we're going to the playoffs.

FringeNC
04-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't think anyone here thinks we're going to the Bowl.....most us don't even think we're going to the playoffs.

Sure, but evidently Vegas thinks we will be one of the worst teams in the league.

Reerun_KC
04-26-2007, 09:13 AM

But we were a playoff team last year!!!! But we have Herm...

Iowanian
I can't say that I blame them at this point....in several areas, the Chiefs are pretty shaky going into this year.....an unstable Oline that requires rebuilding, the probability of a young qb, pedestrian WRs, Iffy DTs, a Starting DE who will be suspended and doesn't want to be here, 30+ year old starting corners....2 young safeties, and potentially trading Johnson.

If the Chiefs are actually following through with the youth movement, Vegas has every right to be skeptical.....I know I'm not sold that this year is going to be a good one at this point.

the Talking Can
we're starting a rookie qb

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
I'd rather go 3-13 with young guys than 7-9 with vets, I can handle a bad year or 2 if it actually leads to something.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Well, who in their right mind would think this is a super bowl team?

FringeNC
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Well, who in their right mind would think this is a super bowl team?

You guys are missing the point. No one expected us to be up with Indy, NE, and SD...

Vegas thinks we will be no better than the Oakland Raiders. That's news.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:26 AM
You guys are missing the point. No one expected us to be up with Indy, NE, and SD...

Take a look at this team position by position. Other than running back and tight end, how are the Chiefs in any better shape than the Raiders? In many spots the Raiders are much better. This all goes back to all the horrid Vermeil drafts.

nychief
04-26-2007, 09:26 AM
who gives a shit?

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 09:30 AM

No, it means they think we have no better chance to win the SB than Oakland, which is likely true.

The teams Vegas thinks won't make the playoffs are/should be right around each other in odds.

You can't win the SB if you don't make the playoffs. Oakland can go 4-12 and the Chiefs go 7-9. Neither team can win the SB. Doesn't mean we're not better than Oakland.

The drama queens around here.....

Woodrow Call
04-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Take a look at this team position by position. Other than running back and tight end, how are the Chiefs in any better shape than the Raiders? In many spots the Raiders are much better. This all goes back to all the horrid Vermeil drafts.

Exactly.

stlchiefs
04-26-2007, 09:33 AM
we're starting a rookie qb

Who are we drafting? :)

Frazod
04-26-2007, 09:35 AM
I'll take Things I Don't Give a Shit About for $1,000, Alex.

Coogs
04-26-2007, 09:39 AM

Read post number 5 again. Some of us here have excepted that fact that we are rebuilding the team. It's not really news that we may be no better than the Raiders. Damn near lost to them last year with all of the guys that are leaving.

FringeNC
04-26-2007, 09:41 AM
No, it means they think we have no better chance to win the SB than Oakland, which is likely true.

The teams Vegas thinks won't make the playoffs are/should be right around each other in odds.

You can't win the SB if you don't make the playoffs. Oakland can go 4-12 and the Chiefs go 7-9. Neither team can win the SB. Doesn't mean we're not better than Oakland.

The drama queens around here.....

In some sense, you are probably right -- that when it comes to total wins for the season, we'll be slightly higher than the Raiders, but what SB chances really mean is what does Vegas think the probability distribution for the teams look like? Apparently, Vegas sees very little upside potential in Hermy-ball.

StcChief
04-26-2007, 09:42 AM
what were the Rams in 99.

Not saying we are the 99 Rams.

Vegas plays to Win money. I'd say that's a decent #. 50-1.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
what were the Rams in 99.

Not saying we are the 99 Rams.

Vegas plays to Win money. I'd say that's a decent #. 50-1.

IIRC, they were 100-1.

I know people who hit on it, too......

****ers.

Fish
04-26-2007, 09:52 AM
In some sense, you are probably right -- that when it comes to total wins for the season, we'll be slightly higher than the Raiders, but what SB chances really mean is what does Vegas think the probability distribution for the teams look like? Apparently, Vegas sees very little upside potential in Hermy-ball.

Why are you so persistent in making news out of this....? It doesn't affect us at all.... makes sense in Vegas odd terms... and says absolutely nothing about how the Chiefs will do next season....

Keep lobbing anti-Herm grenades......

JimNasium
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
We are most likely the third best team in the division IMO. Those odds are probably right on.

jspchief
04-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Vegas doesn't set odds based on who they think will or won't do something.

Vegas odds don't predict sports. They predict betting patterns.

All this proves is that Vegas doesn't think the bettors will think KC has a chance to win.

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Vegas doesn't set odds based on who they think will or won't do something.

Vegas odds don't predict sports. They predict betting patterns.

All this proves is that Vegas doesn't think the bettors will think KC has a chance to win.

I keep trying to explain that to my father-in-law. He doesn't get it. He always wants to know what the line is on a game, because he thinks it quantifies who the better team is.

Chief Chief
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
The key is to check the odds at the start of the regular season, compare them to the ones out now, and see which teams' odds changed and by how much.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Congratulations on the retarded thread.