PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green for Marty Booker??

Bill Lundberg
04-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Dolphins WR Booker on trading block
Written by: Alex Marvez ¦ 4/26/2007
Source: www.sun-sentinel.com
The Dolphins aren't done trying to dismantle their roster from last season, with a source saying today that wide receiver Marty Booker is on the trading block.

It's unknown what compensation the Dolphins are seeking for Booker, an eight-year veteran who was acquired in 2004 along with a third-round draft choice from Chicago for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. The Dolphins have tried to accumulate draft picks by trading other veterans and have accumulated 10 selections heading into this weekend's draft.

Booker could potentially figure into the trade talks being held between the Dolphins and Kansas City for Chiefs quarterback Trent Green. Shopping Booker also may indicate the Dolphins have targeted Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. with the draft's No. 9 overall pick.

The Dolphins already have jettisoned two of their top four leaders in receptions from last season by releasing tight end Randy McMichael and trading wideout Wes Welker to New England for second- and seventh-round picks.

Booker, who will be 31 entering the season, has caught 144 passes for 2,071 yards and 10 touchdowns in his three years with the Dolphins. Booker, though, has failed to match the output of his 2001 and 2002 seasons with the Bears when he tallied 197 catches for 2,260 yards and 14 scores.

Booker is due to make $3.1 million in base salary this season and is under contract through 2008.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Meh. No thanks.

DeezNutz
04-26-2007, 11:36 AM
I prefer trying to develop our own underachieving players, not picking up someone else's. Oh yeah, thanks again Lambs!

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Not only no, but heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no.

Arrowhead Pride
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Booker is better than Parker IMO.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
If it comes down to getting Booker and a 6th for Green or getting nothing, I'll welcome Booker with open arms.

Bill Lundberg
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
If it comes down to getting Booker and a 6th for Green or getting nothing, I'll welcome Booker with open arms.

I agree if he's willing to restructure his contract. I don't think he's worth 3.1 this year.

Booker is due to make $3.1 million in base salary this season and is under contract through 2008.

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I agree if he's willing to restructure his contract. I don't think he's worth 3.1 this year.

I'd agree with that.

CosmicPal
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM

I agree. It's not like he's going to get any passes thrown his way anyways. :D

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
trash..just get us a pick

stlchiefs
04-26-2007, 11:49 AM
pass

Wile_E_Coyote
04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
So Booker sucks & Chambers sucks. Why does Miami need a QB anyway?

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 11:51 AM
No thanks. We need a young, up and coming WR.

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 11:53 AM
The exact opposite of what Herm wants.

cdcox
04-26-2007, 11:55 AM
An over 30 WR that hasn't cracked 1000 yards in 4 years. If he'd rework his contract it would be better than nothing, but not much better.

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
At the end of the day, you have to get something for Trent. Booker will be better then any 4th rounder we would get.

Plus we Trents 9 million will not be on the table, Thats saving us at least 6 millions. I am all for it.

This is just a rumor though.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Phins got a 2nd and 7th for Welker but are dragging their asses on Green?

Frankie
04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
How about Booker and a swap of 2nds for Green?

StcChief
04-26-2007, 01:23 PM
An over 30 WR that hasn't cracked 1000 yards in 4 years. If he'd rework his contract it would be better than nothing, but not much better.

Hasn't crack 1000yrds hasn't had a QB to throw it.

was decent in Chicago. restructure and 6th package for Green

noa
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I was just thinking we need to add another receiver over 30 years old.

greg63
04-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Agreed; we need to get something for Trent.

CoMoChief
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Uhhhhh no.

Frazod
04-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Sadly, he's probably better than anybody we've got other than Kennison. I'd still rather get a higher pick, though. Even if it is a conditional pick for next year.

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 02:17 PM

In August. With a restructured contract. Our offense is simple enough to learn, Miami's on the other hand..............

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 02:18 PM
How about Booker and a swap of 2nds for Green?

And a 6th and we've got a deal.

Logical
04-26-2007, 02:18 PM
If it comes down to getting Booker and a 6th for Green or getting nothing, I'll welcome Booker with open arms.Kind of my thoughts as well.

Demonpenz
04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
I liked him when he played here but i don't want him back

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Booker is entering his 9th season and is essentially Eddie Kennison. Kennison is entering his 13th season I believe and has better consistency over his career... not sure that Booker is what I'd look for, but if it was a 4th or a 5th and Booker for Green... I guess it really wouldn't hurt.

Frazod
04-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Another thing to consider about Booker - I don't think he's ever played on a team with a decent QB. He sure as hell didn't when he was up here.

Logical
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Booker is entering his 9th season and is essentially Eddie Kennison. Kennison is entering his 13th season I believe and has better consistency over his career... not sure that Booker is what I'd look for, but if it was a 4th or a 5th and Booker for Green... I guess it really wouldn't hurt.

Wow Denver fan egging on the uninformed Chiefs fans by holding out the carrot of a 4th rounder we will never get. LOL

Brock
04-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow Denver fan egging on the uninformed Chiefs fans by holding out the carrot of a 4th rounder we will never get. LOL

Like you know anything that anyone else doesn't. LOL

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 03:03 PM

I do what I can...

Toad
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
No thanks to Booker. I doubt he'll restructure so the math is not good for an over 30 receiver. The information I scraped up looks like this:

Booker 2007 base salary = $3.1mm
Booker 2008 base salary = $4.8mm
Booker remaining SB against cap = $1.6mm ($5.5 over 7 years = $786m/yr with 2 years left)
Total $9.5 left over 2 years

Booker data @ http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2449

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Buddy of mine told me he heard today that the deal is basically dead and the Chiefs refuse to come off the 2 and the Dolphins have basically given up on the trade.

Way to overprice it........

Toad
04-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Did we ever confirm when exactly his 2007 $7.2mm salary kicks in? I know it was speculated that it was week 1.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Buddy of mine told me he heard today that the deal is basically dead and the Chiefs refuse to come off the 2 and the Dolphins have basically given up on the trade.

Way to overprice it........

yeah, that offer of a 6th was so reasonable....they thought they could get him cheap becuase Trent is a good guy and we'd just give him away...they were every bit as cynical as Carl...

I'm glad we didn't give them a starting QB for a 6th.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
yeah, that offer of a 6th was so reasonable....they thought they could get him cheap becuase Trent is a good guy and we'd just give him away...they were every bit as cynical as Carl...

I'm glad Mecca isn't our GM.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
If it said the Chiefs had moved to a 4 and the Dolphins wouldn't move I'd understand alot more....if they really are refusing to come off the 2 I find that a little bit stupid.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
If it said the Chiefs had moved to a 4 and the Dolphins wouldn't move I'd understand alot more....if they really are refusing to come off the 2 I find that a little bit stupid.

you have no idea who did what, but go ahead and blame the Chiefs anyways....

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Notice i said if......

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:03 PM

Phins will be starting a rookie. A 2nd was more than fair for a starting QB. They get more than that for a receiver........ oh nevermind

Welcome back Trent!!!

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Notice i said if......

you've been whining and crying about Carl not taking a 6th since the moment the trade talks started.....

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Phins will be starting a rookie. A 2nd was more than fair for a starting QB. They get more than that for a receiver........ oh nevermind

Welcome back Trent!!!

A 2nd for a starting QB who only has a couple of years left, at best, is a ridicously high price.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
A 2nd for a starting QB who only has a couple of years left, at best, is a ridicously high price.

Halfcan doesn't understand what value players present.......

Just like "If" the Packers really offered the Chiefs a 1 and a 4 and they didn't take it I'd find that very stupid.

The Bad Guy
04-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Why are they going to come off the 2 anytime before Saturday?

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM

They're not asking for a 2nd.

When you go into a negotiation, do you start at the price you actually want?

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
In all honesty....that would probably be pretty fair. Especially if the Dolphins throw in a sixth or seventh rounder. :hmmm:

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:23 PM
They're not asking for a 2nd.

When you go into a negotiation, do you start at the price you actually want?

I am addressing Halfwit, specifically, who believes that Trent is worth a 2.

LiL stumppy
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Do it. And for chirst sakes draft a OL with the first pick.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Do it. And for chirst sakes draft a OL with the first pick.

No matter who it is.

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
No matter who it is.

Don't waste the keystrokes.

You'll just get a circular argumet with baseless points.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:32 PM

He's much like Halfcan.......

boogblaster
04-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Green for a decent Olineman.. plus draft a Olineman in the 1st...

Frazod
04-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Green for a decent Olineman.. plus draft a Olineman in the 1st...

Whether we trade Green or not, I still don't want to see him get killed or turned into Steve Young. If he goes to Miami, I'd just as soon they keep their offensive line as intact as possible.

Personally, I'd still rather just trade a high pick with them. If we could trade seconds, for example, that would rock.

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
In all honesty....that would probably be pretty fair. Especially if the Dolphins throw in a sixth or seventh rounder. :hmmm:

A starting QB for a 3rd WR? I don't think it's fair at all. I will accept a 2nd day draft choice for him though if they throw Booker in. The 4th will work.

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Whether we trade Green or not, I still don't want to see him get killed or turned into Steve Young. If he goes to Miami, I'd just as soon they keep their offensive line as intact as possible.

Personally, I'd still rather just trade a high pick with them. If we could trade seconds, for example, that would rock.

That would be a good trade. As long as they throw in that 6th.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
A starting QB for a 3rd WR? I don't think it's fair at all. I will accept a 2nd day draft choice for him though if they throw Booker in. The 4th will work.

The "starting QB" will be 37; the starting WR for us....would be 31.

Enough said. :shrug:

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:22 PM
The "starting QB" will be 37; the starting WR for us....would be 31.

Enough said. :shrug:

No. I don't care about age at all. I don't think it's relevant. This for me is about supply/demand. The Dolphins NEED Green, we don't need Booker. Hold their feet to the fire and if they don't bite they can have Green for free. In September.

Edit: I am a gambler though, I understand where everyone else is coming from.

milkman
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
No. I don't care about age at all. I don't think it's relevant. This for me is about supply/demand. The Dolphins NEED Green, we don't need Booker. Hold their feet to the fire and if they don't bite they can have Green for free. In September.

Edit: I am a gambler though, I understand where everyone else is coming from.

Why do the Dolphins "need" Green?

He's not going to take them to a SB.
He very likely won't get them to the playoffs.

They only "need" him to help implement the offense, but that isn't really a need.
With him it takes them a little less time, but in the end, it doesn't matter because they won't be contenders for at least 3 years, and Green will be on his way out.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I am addressing Halfwit, specifically, who believes that Trent is worth a 2.

That is the last thing I heard Carl say on the matter. And YES I think he is worth a 2nd.

People thought Rich Gannon was old too.

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Why do the Dolphins "need" Green?

He's not going to take them to a SB.
He very likely won't get them to the playoffs.

They only "need" him to help implement the offense, but that isn't really a need.
With him it takes them a little less time, but in the end, it doesn't matter because they won't be contenders for at least 3 years, and Green will be on his way out.

I don't think you're wrong at all. I think Randy Mueller may though. He is as competitive as anyone I've seen while he was in Seattle. He's also using papa Huizinga's money. Now, that being said he's crafty. Probably too crafty to pull the trigger on anything that would get him the short end of the stick. I'd just hold his feet to the fire as long as I could. If we get draft picks for next year's draft that are conditional that may be a better deal for us anyway. I'm in no hurry to ship Green (Who I think is going to be lights out this year btw) to a conference foe. I haven't given up hope for this season. I'm not saying we're going to win it all, but I do live for playoff games. Especially winning one for once. Maybe I'm disillusioned, but I don't think there's any rush to doing this deal. The chances of a 6th round pick amounting to anything for us this year is slim to none.

milkman
04-26-2007, 11:33 PM
That is the last thing I heard Carl say on the matter. And YES I think he is worth a 2nd.

People thought Rich Gannon was old too.

I think we've covered this before.

Gannon isn't relevant to the discussion because he was 3 years younger, and was not traded.

Mr. Kotter
.. we don't need Booker....

:spock:

Heh.

ROFL

Halfcan
He's much like Halfcan.......

Send King Carl an email on why we should dump LJ for nothing and give Green away for some 7th round nobody that will never make the team-I am sure he will see it your way.

Right now we have a rookie and Huard- I would keep Green before giving him away. He would end up being the starter.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I think we've covered this before.

Gannon isn't relevant to the discussion because he was 3 years younger, and was not traded.

But many folks were glad to see him hit the door- "we have Elvis we don't need him".

Green has been our best QB since Montana and you guys act like he is all washed up and we should just give him away.

I still think he is the best QB on this team.

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM

Heh.

ROFL

You must place a higher value on his skill level than I do. Let me throw in some ROFL and a :LOL: or a LMAO maybe a :spock: and finally a :Lin: Just so I can be a dick about it.

milkman
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't think you're wrong at all. I think Randy Mueller may though. He is as competitive as anyone I've seen while he was in Seattle. He's also using papa Huizinga's money. Now, that being said he's crafty. Probably too crafty to pull the trigger on anything that would get him the short end of the stick. I'd just hold his feet to the fire as long as I could. If we get draft picks for next year's draft that are conditional that may be a better deal for us anyway. I'm in no hurry to ship Green (Who I think is going to be lights out this year btw) to a conference foe. I haven't given up hope for this season. I'm not saying we're going to win it all, but I do live for playoff games. Especially winning one for once. Maybe I'm disillusioned, but I don't think there's any rush to doing this deal. The chances of a 6th round pick amounting to anything for us this year is slim to none.

I don't care if we don't get a 6th, and if we don't make a deal.

All I'm saying is that if I were in Randy Mueller's shoes, I would not, under any circumstance, give a 2nd for Trent.

And Cam Cameron better have some spectacular powers of persuasion to convince me to give up as high as 4th, cause I wouldn't be inclined to go that high.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:38 PM

Heh.

ROFL

We could probably use about any WR at this point.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 11:39 PM
You must place a higher value on his skill level than I do. Let me throw in some ROFL and a :LOL: or a LMAO maybe a :spock: and finally a :Lin: Just so I can be a dick about it.

Honestly, I don't mean to be a dick about it....

compare HIS stats the last 4-5 years agains ANY of our WRs though.

You'll see what I mean...I think.

I still luv ya, man. :p

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't care if we don't get a 6th, and if we don't make a deal.

All I'm saying is that if I were in Randy Mueller's shoes, I would not, under any circumstance, give a 2nd for Trent.

And Cam Cameron better have some spectacular powers of persuasion to convince me to give up as high as 4th, cause I wouldn't be inclined to go that high.

I totally agree with you. I'm just not sure that the new coach and GM are ready to scrap the season before it begins. It sends a statement to the players, and fans that they expect mediocrity. I think we get a 1st day draft pick out of them. It could just be that my homer glasses are foggy right now though. ;)

Der Flöprer
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I don't mean to be a dick about it....

compare HIS stats the last 4-5 years agains ANY of our WRs though.

You'll see what I mean...I think.

I still luv ya, man. :p

Why I get butthurt on the internet I'll never know. I should've known you weren't going out of your way to be an asshole about anything non political ;) I agree he's better than who we have, and I agree that it wouldn't be a bad trade. I'm just not in a hurry to make it. I think Booker can learn our playbook a lot faster than anyone but Green could learn theirs. I just want to squeeze as much out of the desperate Dolphins as I can. Maybe I'm disillusioned and they're not desperate at all, but they might be............

milkman
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
But many folks were glad to see him hit the door- "we have Elvis we don't need him".

Green has been our best QB since Montana and you guys act like he is all washed up and we should just give him away.

I still think he is the best QB on this team.

Most people didn't like Gannon's weak arm, and hadn't yet learned what a pussy GrBac was.

Whether or not he's washed up isn't the issue.

It's his value on the market that is.

I don't think a QB that's 2 or 3 years away from retirement is worth that much if I'm the team trading for him.

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Were I the Dolphins I'd offer a 5th and stand pat.

We get him or we don't. The best you can hope for is 2 years starting, and that's if he doesn't get his bell beaten or suffer any other injury...

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Were I the Dolphins I'd offer a 5th and stand pat.

We get him or we don't. The best you can hope for is 2 years starting, and that's if he doesn't get his bell beaten or suffer any other injury...

Yea but they don't have a 5th.......

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Yea but they don't have a 5th.......

There really are no snipes...

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:48 PM

Ok but I don't know what Wesley Snipes is gonna do for our team.......

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Ok but I don't know what Wesley Snipes is gonna do for our team.......

His career, our team...damn....that's a draw.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
He'll make our team watch the Blade trilogy.

Halfcan
04-27-2007, 12:04 AM
a 5th for Green- keep on tokin

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 12:19 AM
a 5th for Green- keep on tokin
Answer me this:

WHY would the Chiefs "NOT" spend a 5th round draft choice...assuming that is all that Miami is willing to offer....on a "possible starter" and "definite QUALITY back-up".....who KNOWS their "offense" and would, seamlessly, be able to "step-in" in the even Huard, or Croyle don't work out.

$7 million is a lot; but IF he could compete to be our starter....which, is a given IMHO, then....in a "cap-friendly" year, why not? At a minimum....CP willl look like he's taken care of someone who has GIVEN....above and beyond what his previous salary warranted (not unlike the whole Holmes deal)....why would you NOT do that??? :hmmm:

Rausch
04-27-2007, 12:20 AM
He'll make our team watch the Blade trilogy.

Can't hurt....

Der Flöprer
04-27-2007, 12:20 AM
$7 million is a lot; but IF he could compete to be our starter....which, is a given IMHO, then....in a "cap-friendly" year, why not? At a minimum....CP willl look like he's taken care of someone who has GIVEN....above and beyond what his previous salary warranted (not unlike the whole Holmes deal)....why would you NOT do that??? :hmmm:

Exactly.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Kotter who is the smouldering MILF in your avatar?

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Kotter who is the smouldering MILF in your avatar?

Seriously. It's our next "First Lady"...Fred Thompson's wife. :drool:

Bill Lundberg
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM

That is a damn lie.

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/Infocenter/i2300id.html

chagrin
04-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Seriously. It's our next "First Lady"...Fred Thompson's wife. :drool:

Damn dude, I would turn her upside down and eat 'er like a nutty buddy

chagrin
04-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Seems to me like everyone's blinbking one day ahead of the draft. Trent is totally worth more than a lousy 5th, and this Marty Booker stuff is just a distraction.

Frankie
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM
The "starting QB" will be 37;
kind of a low mileage 37 though for a QB. IMO the sticking point would be more his head injury and less his age.

Frankie
04-27-2007, 09:47 AM

People thought Rich Gannon was old too.I am a big trent green fan. But given the circumstances I think the highest he'd be worth is 3rd. If we got a 3rd for him outright I'd be ecstatic.

Frankie
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Seems to me like everyone's blinbking one day ahead of the draft. Trent is totally worth more than a lousy 5th, and this Marty Booker stuff is just a distraction.
Agreed. I think CP is gonna hold it until Oakland picks. I think he has decided he'd rather see Russel twice a year than Calvin J.

FreznoChief
04-27-2007, 11:56 AM
It's Draftsmas Eve, and we still have Trent Green, LJ, Casey, Gonzo, Allen, Wesely, Priest and even big Daddy Sims on the team. We may be looking at less change this year than I thought we'd see.

-What happens if we keep Trent and LJ, would that be so bad? We went to the playoffs last year.

As long as we Get a WR like Bowe in round one, and get a tackle in round to (Ugo?) we could be reloading our offense instead of exploding it. The O-line of McIntosh, Welbourne, Casey, Waters, and the Rook...could be a step up from last year's turn style...

Laters,

-Jawsh.

FreznoChief
04-27-2007, 10:51 PM
T'was the night before the draft, and all the through net
not trade was made, not even a bet...
There was no news to report, and I can't sleep...
so...so...so...

Trade Trent Green Already!!! Let's get Booker, Draft Joe Thomas, Keep LJ, and have a decent offense again!

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 10:57 PM

LOL,or one about how Jarret is the next Boldin or Fitz. Sure thing, your the idiot that hasn't relized a highschool tackle can block better than the tackles on the roster right now.

Brock
04-27-2007, 11:02 PM
LOL,or one about how Jarret is the next Boldin or Fitz. Sure thing, your the idiot that hasn't relized a highschool tackle can block better than the tackles on the roster right now.

Drafting for need is ****ing stupid.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Sure it is. I mean why draft a player at a position where you need young talent in the draft? I just dont undstand your concept.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I think stumpy listens to DA on 610's morning show who tried to say people who say best player available are stupid and you can't draft that way.....brilliant people I tell ya.

Brock
04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Sure it is. I mean why draft a player at a position where you need young talent in the draft? I just dont undstand your concept.

It's obvious you don't understand the concept of not reaching for an inferior player just because they play the position you need to fill. It's really not a complicated concept if you just think about it.

Der Flöprer
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
LOL,or one about how Jarret is the next Boldin or Fitz. Sure thing, you're the idiot that hasn't realized a high school tackle can block better than the tackles on the roster right now.

I fixed your post so that you'll be qualified to tell someone how much of an idiot they are. You're welcome.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 11:08 PM
We have other positions that are every bit as bad as the line........we can take almost anything.....

I don't see why he wants to reach when almost any player we take will fill a hole for us.

Der Flöprer
04-27-2007, 11:08 PM
I think stumpy listens to DA on 610's morning show who tried to say people who say best player available are stupid and you can't draft that way.....brilliant people I tell ya.

Oh it's true. I'll give you an example. Larry Johnson. What good has that guy done for us?

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Oh yea,what do we need more than a OL. A WR, hell no.Please dont even say a CB, even though Law and Surtain are older, we have time to produce one. I don't see anyone young nor "decent" at the OL spot. I see two young WR's who the coaches have talked highly of though.

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:19 PM

I tried to have a civil discussion with you.

I never called you a name.

I, or somenone else, proved every argument you made against Jarrett to be completely without foundation or merit, and you have the freakin' audacity to call me an idiot?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Go find a brain cell and then come back and talk some shit.

Let me give you a hint.

You won't find one inside your ass, so go ahead and pull your head from there.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 11:20 PM
There it is........"We don't need a WR we have Hannon and Webb" I knew it was coming at some point......that is frankly laughable.

Brock
04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Jesus, just plain country dumb.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Where did I state we dont need one because we have Webb and Hannon? Please show me.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I tried to have a civil discussion with you.

I never called you a name.

I, or somenone else, proved every argument you made against Jarrett to be completely without foundation or merit, and you have the freakin' audacity to call me an idiot?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Go find a brain cell and then come back and talk some shit.

Let me give you a hint.

You won't find one inside your ass, so go ahead and pull your head from there.

Open your eyes, look at our OL, and if you still think Jarret is the best pick. You sir,are an idiot. I can't count how many times a NFL EXPERT has said Ben Grubbs would be a top 10 prospect if he was still playing LT. And how easy it would be to move it back. Ben Grubbs FTW!!!

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Where did I state we dont need one because we have Webb and Hannon? Please show me.

You should have stayed clear of BadGirl.
She clearly had a negative affect on your development.

Tell your dad he needs to slap some sense into your dumb ass.

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Open your eyes, look at our OL, and if you still think Jarret is the best pick. You sir,are an idiot. I can't count how many times a NFL EXPERT has said Ben Grubbs would be a top 10 prospect if he was still playing LT. And how easy it would be to move it back. Ben Grubbs FTW!!!

You can't count it because you don't know how to count dumbass.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:32 PM
You should have stayed clear of BadGirl.
She clearly had a negative affect on your development.

Tell your dad he needs to slap some sense into your dumb ass.

Will you please anwer the question asshole.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:33 PM
You can't count it because you don't know how to count dumbass.

Dang,you got me. Good one, might I add it was very original.

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:33 PM
The great thing about dumbasses like LiL stumpy is that they ain't smart enough to know when they've been beaten.

And they keep making the same stupid arguments.

It's be sad, if it wasn't so funny.

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Will you please anwer the question asshole.

Answer what question?

Brock
04-27-2007, 11:34 PM
who is this idiot?

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Dang,you got me. Good one, might I add it was very original.

Sometimes the the old tried and true are the most fitting.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Where did I say we shouldn't draft a WR because of Webb and Hannon. When did I EVER say we don't need a WR in the draft?

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:36 PM
who is this idiot?

Stumpy's boy.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Another good one guys. Great teamwork on that one. Man you are just full of them tonight arn't ya?

milkman
04-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Another good one guys. Great teamwork on that one. Man you are just full of them tonight arn't ya?

I'm going to give you a little piece of advice, because you are Stumpy's son, and he's a good guy.

People are responding to you this way because with every post you only reinforce the perception that you are absolutely clueless.

Get out while you're behind.

Show at least a little sense and just walk away.

blueballs
04-27-2007, 11:40 PM
someone needs to talk to their lady
about a full fledged ball massage

LiL stumppy
04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm going to give you a little piece of advice, because you are Stumpy's son, and he's a good guy.

People are responding to you this way because with every post you only reinforce the perception that you are absolutely clueless.

Get out while you're behind.

Show at least a little sense and just walk away.

Sure thing bud.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Your posts are basically "Offensive Line" repeated over and over again.....

Your the guy who if we were in position to take Calvin Johnson would say some lineman is who you want.

LiL stumppy
04-28-2007, 12:04 AM
WOW, Never said that,pretty sure I have said there isn't I like other than Calvin Johnson in the draft. Nice try though.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 12:07 AM
This is a very deep WR year....if you don't like them this year you'll never like WR's ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Your posts are basically "Offensive Line" repeated over and over again.....

Your the guy who if we were in position to take Calvin Johnson would say some lineman is who you want.

Although I agree that his stance is stupid, so is your assertion. Any team that doesn't have a top 5 LT would be much better off taking Joe Thomas over Johnson. Obviously, Johnson would be a better pick than Joe Staley, or Ben Grubbs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams, Andre Johnson, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Peter Warrick, Travis Taylor, Plaxico Burress.

All Top 10 WR picks this decade. Fitz, Roy Wiliams, and Johnson, are very very good players. Burress is good but a notch below.

The rest have all been/on their way to becoming busts.

A 33% success rate at that position when drafting in the top 10.

It's the least important and most overvalued position on the field. You'd be an idiot to take a WR in the top 10.