PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay has trade offer on table for Larry Johnson .....

royr17
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=638963&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fpackers.scout.com%2f2%2f638963.html

Packers make offer for Johnson

Larry Johnson By Todd Korth
, packrepted@aol.com
Date: Apr 26, 2007

PackerReport.com has confirmed that the Green Bay Packers have made an offer with the Kansas City Chiefs to acquire Larry Johnson. What are the Packers dangling in front of the Chiefs for the Pro Bowl running back? Read it here first, premium members!

If there's anybody that can get this info then let us know please.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
haha...it would be funny to send him to Green Bay

CosmicPal
My hunch would be a 1st and 2nd rounder this year with a conditional pick for next year.

I was actually telling some friends here yesterday I figured GB would be the suitor for LJ.

Bill Lundberg
That would be hilarious. He thinks he doesn't fit in in KC wait until he gets to Green Bay!!

kaplin42
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
My hunch would be a 1st and 2nd rounder this year with a conditional pick for next year.

I was actually telling some friends here yesterday I figured GB would be the suitor for LJ.

If that is the case, then I would say take it. Take it and run with it.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 10:46 AM

I'd be thrilled, but shocked if it's that much.

Me too. Just makes sense. They have the picks, and the cap room.

Brock

That would be great, but I think that's too generous.

the Talking Can

i'd take that and run like hell...

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Let's keep in mind this is coming from Scout.com.

Green Bay's version of Athan?

C'mon somebody......who's got access other than GoWookie?

Arrowhead Pride
About time for somebody to post the inner contents of that link....

CosmicPal
That would be great, but I think that's too generous.

Considering what Buffalo was offering for SD's back-up RB? I believe they were offering SD a 1st and 3rd rounder.

Smed1065
rumor is a 1st and 4th.

John_Wayne
04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't think they'd offer that much, but I wouldn't trade LJ for anything less. You don't find RBs like LJ every day.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I hope this deal gets done. LJ is a great player, but we need to fill alot of holes. Getting some of the Packers picks could go along way in helping us.

OnTheWarpath58
Considering what Buffalo was offering for SD's back-up RB? I believe they were offering SD a 1st and 3rd rounder.

Is that what Buffalo was offering?

I think that's just what AJ Smith has made public he wants....

Could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything saying the Bills have made that offer.....

stlchiefs
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=638963&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fpackers.scout.com%2f2%2f638963.html

If there's anybody that can get this info then let us know please.

GoChiefs, do you have a Premium Membership?
:)

NY CHIEF
Someone who wants 8 yr 80 mill.......And does not want to be here bye bye................................

Woodrow Call
04-26-2007, 10:53 AM

Green Bay's version of Athan?

C'mon somebody......who's got access other than GoWookie?

Athan is the source for the article.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Aren't they trying to get Randy Moss on the cheap? Moss & LJ. The sound bites coming out of Packerville would keep ESPN spinning like a kid on a sugar rush

CosmicPal
04-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything saying the Bills have made that offer.....

I'm not sure if it was an actual offer. I just heard them discussing it the other day on NFL Sirius. Adam Schein was saying something that Buffalo was in some serious need for a RB and couldn't understand why they got rid of McGahee. He was saying he heard Buffalo was offering SD a 1st and 3rd for Turner, but that SD was saying "no-way"

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 10:54 AM
rumor is a 1st and 4th.

I'd rather see a 1st and a 3rd (2 first day picks), but a 1st and 4th wouldn't be bad at all.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Athan is the source for the article.

Seriously?

Brock
04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure if it was an actual offer. I just heard them discussing it the other day on NFL Sirius. Adam Schein was saying something that Buffalo was in some serious need for a RB and couldn't understand why they got rid of McGahee. He was saying he heard Buffalo was offering SD a 1st and 3rd for Turner, but that SD was saying "no-way"

That would be robbery on SD's part.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 10:56 AM
from reading their free forum, I think the rumor was started by profootball talk...and none of the fans think it is serious or want him for th eprice he is asking....

royr17
rumor is a 1st and 4th.

Where did you find this out at ?

eazyb81

Exactly, that's just want Smith is looking for, but he's not going to get that much for Turner.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM

That's weird.

There was a link in a thread here to an article in which AJ Smith was quoted as saying he wanted a 1/3 for Turner......

Why would they turn the Bills down? That's highway robbery...

:shrug:

BigChiefFan
Green Bay would be a great fit because they need a HB and Favre's money could be spent on LJ next year. Get 'r done, Carl.

Woodrow Call
Seriously?

I'm not sure what is allowed here in terms of posting "premium" stuff or I'd post the whole thing.

This is from the article....

Scout.comís Warpaint Illustrated this morning confirmed with a source in the Chiefs organization........

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure what is allowed here in terms of posting "premium" stuff or I'd post the whole thing.

Scout.comís Warpaint Illustrated this morning confirmed with a source in the Chiefs organization........

Post it.

It's on the Packer's page, not the Chiefs page, right?

Or just post what the offer is......

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 11:00 AM

ROFL ROFL

An equipment manager shouldn't be allowed as a source.

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Uh-oh.

I smell bullshit.

ROYC75
04-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Bye Bye LJ.......... Been nice knowing you. Thanks for the memories.

CosmicPal
04-26-2007, 11:02 AM
That's weird.

There was a link in a thread here to an article in which AJ Smith was quoted as saying he wanted a 1/3 for Turner......

Why would they turn the Bills down? That's highway robbery...

Ehhh, maybe it's the other way around. You're right, now that I think about it, maybe they were saying Smith was offering a 1st & 3rd for Turner to Buffalo. Sorry.
:banghead:

ROYC75
04-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh No , It's Nick, Tricky Nicky strikes again.......

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
a psoter on their forum said 1st and 2nd....but the conversation is so convoluted I don't know if he is referring to the actual article or just the "rumor"....

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Isn't Green Bay coming to Arrowhead this year?

How explosive of a game would that be?

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
wait, that may have been a chief fan speculating..lmao

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I hate to bag on Athan, but the guy hasn't nailed a rumour, yet.

stlchiefs
04-26-2007, 11:06 AM

WP has to put up with the constant spamming for Warpaint, the least we should get is a premium article now and then.

Woodrow Call
04-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Or just post what the offer is......

smed1065 already did

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 11:09 AM
rumor is a 1st and 4th.Take it.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I'd rather see a 1st and a 3rd (2 first day picks), but a 1st and 4th wouldn't be bad at all.

That's what I was going to post. I would ask for 1-2, trying to get 1-3, but settle for 1-4. Maybe 1-4 and a conditional.

Pitt Gorilla
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd "settle" for 1st and 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. I'd throw in "pretending it's a great deal" for free.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Damnit, I get all excited about some article with new info and then scroll down to find out it's GoChiefs' pacifier who wrote it. :spock:

BigChiefFan
According to a poster at the Chiefs Coalition board...
Scout.comís Warpaint Illustrated this morning confirmed with a source in the Chiefs organization that the Packers have offered their first overall pick (16th overall) and fourth round pick (112th overall) in this weekendís NFL draft for Johnson, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 season.
http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=66359

eazyb81
So for the sake of discussion, let's say we trade LJ to GB and receive their 1st and 4th for this year. Do we really go into next season with Michael Bennett as our starter?

Would you take a RB in the first two rounds, or even Marshawn Lynch in the 1st if he's there? Do we wait until the mid rounds to take a RB, and hope Bennett can hold down the starter's role?

Cochise
04-26-2007, 11:15 AM
So for the sake of discussion, let's say we trade LJ to GB and receive their 1st and 4th for this year. Do we really go into next season with Michael Bennett as our starter?

Would you take a RB in the first two rounds, or even Marshawn Lynch in the 1st if he's there? Do we wait until the mid rounds to take a RB, and hope Bennett can hold down the starter's role?

Irons

the Talking Can
I'd like something more than a 4th, as we have to draft a rb anyways...but given his contract demands that may be the best we can get....we could always trade down with the #1 as well..the first round isn't that strong this year...

TrickyNicky
Oh No , It's Nick, Tricky Nicky strikes again.......
:shake:

I would make the trade if they were in the top 10 of the draft. But a mid round 1st and a 4th is too little, IMO.

CosmicPal
04-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Yes, you take Lynch with the 1st pick, and then pick up Aaron Ross, CB, Texas, with our 2nd 1st round pick.

Ross is also a return man.

Blindside58
04-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Haven't you been watching the NFL Europa? Derrick Ross is the answer!.... Just like Scanlon was.

BigChiefFan
I'd try from more, but that offer isn't bad. Carl needs to pull the trigger before the draft and get us the 16th overall pick. We use either 1st rounder to trade down and net more picks.

Direckshun
If we trade LJ, we're ****ed.

We need a bruiser in this offense, and you aren't going to find one with half of LJ's ability.

That said, he's asking for an unrealistic price, so if we can pry three first day picks out of Green Bay in exchange for throwing away our 2007 season, I'd consider it.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Leapfrog Tennessee and take Ginn, draft Blalock or Grubbs at 23 and then take Michael Bush with our 2nd.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 11:20 AM

We need a bruiser in this offense, and you aren't going to find one with half of LJ's ability.

That said, he's asking for an unrealistic price, so if we can pry three first day picks out of Green Bay in exchange for throwing away our 2007 season, I'd consider it.

His pricetag is unrealistic. We should be all over this trade.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 11:21 AM
I'd like something more than a 4th, as we have to draft a rb anyways...but given his contract demands that may be the best we can get....we could always trade down with the #1 as well..the first round isn't that strong this year...

Yeah, if we had #16 and #23 overall, I'd be likely to stay one of those spots and trade the other one down.

Say I could get a second and third for the #23, I'd do that. We'd be picking #16 overall, twice in the second, twice in the third.

You still get to make a mid-first selection, and 5 first day picks sounds pretty nice too.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Scout.comís Warpaint Illustrated this morning confirmed with a source in the Chiefs organization that the Packers have offered their first overall pick (16th overall) and fourth round pick (112th overall) in this weekendís NFL draft for Johnson, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 season.

I would do that in a second, especially if all they wanted was LJ in return.

I realize we'll suck this year, but at the price of getting younger and hopefully better in the future, I'm all for it.

Codered
04-26-2007, 11:22 AM
This is the best trade offer the Chiefs will get for him. If they want to move him the time is now.

Otherwise you sit back and take it on the chin and pay the man.

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 11:22 AM
so if we can pry three first day picks .
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, if we had #16 and #23 overall, I'd be likely to stay one of those spots and trade the other one down.

Say I could get a second and third for the #23, I'd do that. We'd be picking #16 overall, twice in the second, twice in the third.

You still get to make a mid-first selection, and 5 first day picks sounds pretty nice too.That would kick ass!

luv
04-26-2007, 11:24 AM

You obviously haven't talked to Mecca. According to him, LJ is already worthless.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2007, 11:25 AM
A 1st and 3rd would be real nice, but this offer is a good offer. We are getting a pick back better than where we drafted LJ in the 1st place, plus an extra pick. Work your magic, Carl.

kaplin42
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM

Normally I would agree with you in the bolded area. However, no RB is going to do good with Chiefs this year. The Chiefs O-Line is in shambles and will not be able to block nearly as well as they have in past years. If you remember last year, the O-Line was having quite a bit of trouble. In this offseason other than addition by subtraction with I-65 what has the team done to shore up this weakness?

LJ's numbers will drop dramatically this season and next offseason when everyone is clammoring for a trade, the Chiefs won't get even close to that nice of an offer. Take the trade even if it is a 1st, 4th with a conditional 2nd or 3rd next year depending on games played. The Chiefs are rebuilding and they might as well get the most for what they can while they still can.

Throw in the DH trade, and if Carl gets Green Traded on or before draft day, The Chiefs stand to have a rather large infusion of young talent.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM

You still get to make a mid-first selection, and 5 first day picks sounds pretty nice too.

unless we drop from 16 to 30 we aren't getting a 2nd...too many points, unless of course someone is really horny for a player

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
His pricetag is unrealistic. We should be all over this trade.

I know no one wants to here this, but...

THE REASON HIS PRICE TAG IS UNREALISTIC IS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!

luv
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

THE REASON HIS PRICE TAG IS UNREALISTIC IS BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!
Ya think?

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

i assumed everyone but goqueef assumed that

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I say keep the #16 pick and pray for Ginn Jr. to be there, then use the #23 pick to get more picks.

OR, we could use the #23 pick for BPA...

Cochise
04-26-2007, 11:29 AM
unless we drop from 16 to 30 we aren't getting a 2nd...too many points, unless of course someone is really horny for a player

I was thinking that we give up #23, and in return get some team's second and third. I haven't checked the value chart, but we should be able to get something like that I would think.

I say keep the #16 pick and pray for Ginn Jr. to be there, then use the #23 pick to get more picks.

OR, we could use the #23 pick for BPA...

Either way... Carl and Herm decide which player they are in love with. If they want Ginn or whatever, stay at 16 and deal 23. If they want Ross instead, deal 16.

Sure-Oz
04-26-2007, 11:32 AM
If this goes id like a 1st and 3rd if they have it and another pick next year...

TrickyNicky
04-26-2007, 11:32 AM
But but but He did an impression of Herm on Halloween! He loves it here!

cdcox
04-26-2007, 11:33 AM

I'd build the rest of the team before getting too concerned about a premier RB. RB is one of the easiest positions to play as a rookie, they don't last long, and can be picked up in the latter half of the first round or even the second round, or in free agency.

Pushead2
04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd rather take a receiver with the 16th and the 23rd a cb or best defensive player available. in the second round if he was still around Pittman from Ohio State wouldn't be bad. I think with running backs you can play right off the bat so it's not that tough to replace I suppose...

cmh6476
04-26-2007, 11:40 AM
PACKERS MAKING A PLAY FOR L.J.?

Scout.com is reporting that the Packers have offered a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick to the Chiefs for running back Larry Johnson.

If true, the report is a stunner. Packers G.M. Ted Thompson doesn't like to pay big money to strangers to the team, and it's going to take really big money to keep Johnson beyond 2007, the last year of his rookie deal.

And if an offer that big has been made to the Chiefs for Johnson's rights, the Packers surely have reached a tentative agreement with Johnson's agent on a long-term deal. Otherwise, the Packers would be picking up Johnson for only one season before having to either use the franchise tag or let him walk away.

profootballtalk.com

TrickyNicky
04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Doesn't the agent have to get permission to seek contract terms with other teams? As far as I know, CP hasn't done so.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
We better take BPA with EVERY pick.

We don't need Lynch and we don't need a kick returner.

We don't even NEED an offensive tackle.

Take the picks and rebuild this team the RIGHT way.

Ari Chi3fs
04-26-2007, 11:42 AM
hahaha... sending him to the Abyss called Green bay wisconsin will seriously put a damper on his playa-thug-hip hop night lifestyle.

DMAC
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
So if he is gone...our offense is backups and rookies.

Talk about transition mode.

the Talking Can
I was thinking that we give up #23, and in return get some team's second and third. I haven't checked the value chart, but we should be able to get something like that I would think.

Either way... Carl and Herm decide which player they are in love with. If they want Ginn or whatever, stay at 16 and deal 23. If they want Ross instead, deal 16.
here's a chart

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

we couldn't even get a 2nd for #23 unless we drop way down...if we traded out the first with our #16 we could get a mid 2nd...

nychief
if we trade LJ i want to get either a franchise qb or calvin johnson.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM

of course

so cross your fingers....

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
if we trade LJ i want to get either a franchise qb or calvin johnson.Who wouldn't? Come back to reality...

Cochise
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
here's a chart

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

we couldn't even get a 2nd for #23 unless we drop way down...if we traded out the first with our #16 we could get a mid 2nd...

#23 = 760 points

So we should be able to get say, something around #38 (520) and #70 (240). Right? What am I missing?

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 11:48 AM
If GB is actually offering a 1st and a 4th, then they are prepared to up that offer to a 3rd.

Hound333
04-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Your right somewhat. We are gonna be F'ed either way though. If we keep him he will demand a huge contract which we would give him. We would still be at least in contention for a playoff spot every year because he would win us a few games and keep us around 8-8.

Getting rid of him will get us a few draft picks and not have us worry about losing him next year and getting nothing. Plus yes we will most likely end up with a least one 4-12 season, giving us a high pick to grab an impact player or rebuild the line.

At this point I would rather we take a chance.

ct
04-26-2007, 11:50 AM

I would make the trade if they were in the top 10 of the draft. But a mid round 1st and a 4th is too little, IMO.

I was trying to keep it real, w/out the Homervision...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=161884

Here's a big, but reasonable wish list, if any of these guys are traded:

Dante Hall for '07 5th, plus jump 2 spots in the 3rd, is done. Nice deal, imo. (note I had no prediction here, just adding this fyi)

Trent Green to Miami for '07 4th + conditional '08 Day2.

Greg Wesley for a 5th.

a) LJ for a '07 top 10, - a KC 5th.
b) LJ for a '07 mid-1st + 4th.
c) LJ for a '07 late-1st + 3rd.

Jared Allen for a 3rd.

IMO, only the LJ trade value is inflated, just cause it's gonna take that can't refuse deal to convince me to trade our best player. Otherwise, it's not beneficial at all for me. That is, if I were GM for the next week.

GB rumored to offer a mid-1st + 4th. I'd take it.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I hope the Chiefs pull the trigger. They need this, IMO.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 11:55 AM
#23 = 760 points

So we should be able to get say, something around #38 (520) and #70 (240). Right? What am I missing?

I was subtracting and using the difference between postions...i think I'm an idiot....

BigMeatballDave
04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
...i think I'm an idiot....Oh, we are quite sure of it...
:D

bringbackmarty
04-26-2007, 12:02 PM

#28 Corey Dillon | RB Roster:

Full Name: Corey Dillon
Born: October 24, 1974
Seattle, WA
Height: 6-1
Weight: 225 lbs.

Pos: RB
Experience: 10 years
College: Washington

FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 97.5% (+0.0%)
Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: 36.5

bringbackmarty
04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
and draft a rb in rd 2-5.

sedated
04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
I say f*ck getting a conditional pick.

hunch tells me LJ won't play 8 games next year

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Athan is the source of this info?

Seems more like a threat by KC to banish LJ to Green Bay in response to the 34 mil guaranteed demand.

BigRedChief
04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe pick up Branch for the D or Ginn for the offense with the 1st. Get O-Line or DT help with the other. LJ isn't going to help us win a Super Bowl in the next two years. After then at 400 carries he's done and we have nothing to show but used up cap space

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 12:06 PM
If LJ craps out next year, the Chiefs will look brilliant.

DMAC
04-26-2007, 12:08 PM
#28 Corey Dillon | RB Roster:

Full Name: Corey Dillon
Born: October 24, 1974
Seattle, WA
Height: 6-1
Weight: 225 lbs.

Pos: RB
Experience: 10 years
College: Washington

FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 97.5% (+0.0%)
Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: 36.5
He is retiring if no one picks him up, if that tells you anything.

He is an old 32. He is what LJ will be at 32, beat the **** up.

DMAC
04-26-2007, 12:10 PM
If LJ craps out next year, the Chiefs will look brilliant.
I have always thought he would...once he got his payday.

Would you rather concentrate on playing football, or having Beyonce bob on top of you?

PastorMikH
04-26-2007, 12:10 PM

If that were true, I'd take it in a heart beat. LJ is a great RB, but with his contract talk, the workload he's had, and the attitude it seems he brings to the lockerroom, if we can get a mid first PLUS another pick, I'm all for it.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I say trade 23rd to Chicago for their 1st and 3rd, if Green Bay actually does this trade.

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Also if we need a RB, how about Chris Brown formerly of the Titans, he would be a good fit with Michael Bennett.

ct
I'll take any deal that gets us a 1st + another this year in 2-5, w/out giving up our #23 1st round pick. If we're gonna rebuild, by god let's get rollin! Getting a 1st + 4th for a guy that we will NOT meet his contract demands, is a win for the organization.

kaplin42
I have always thought he would...once he got his payday.

Would you rather concentrate on playing football, or having Beyonce bob on top of you?

After I got the big pay day? I would like door number 2 please. Hell it's a tough call even before the big pay day.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 12:19 PM
There are a number of "stop gap" options at RB... Henry, Dillon... Ricky Williams anyone?

oldandslow
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I agree with MHM. What does Larry Johnson do for us that Travis Henry wouldn't?

We are going to be lucky to win 8 games next year.

If we could get Levi Brown and Ross or Best WR available and Grubbs and in the 1st round...

I am a happy camper.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Brain fart... typed Henry when he obviously isn't an option. I was thinking Brown when I typed that.

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Can't see it.

Codered
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Yipes! Who would want to wear those ugly colors.

eazyb81
04-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Wasn't LJ complaining that KC was too small-town for him?

He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he steps foot in Green Bay.

Mr. Kotter
04-26-2007, 12:40 PM
....Seems more like a threat by KC to banish LJ to Green Bay in response to the 34 mil guaranteed demand.

That's my thought as well.

Rooster
Can't see it.

ROFL Great art work. :)

Direckshun
Wasn't LJ complaining that KC was too small-town for him?

He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he steps foot in Green Bay.
I think it's been the complete lack of exposure that's worn LJ thin.

In Green Bay, he'll benefit from the Brett Favre Farewell Tour for exposure.

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
How's this for a thought, people:

1st and a 4th, plus a conditional first day pick next year.

1st and a 4th sounds low, but we have to stoop down to accept offers. We're not going to get anywhere with LJ, and the team that's going to pick him up from us has to satisfy both us and him.

So to make this trade doable, to make it easier to facilitate it, 1st and a 4th would give us something to settle for, with the possibility of a bigtime pick next year.

I recognize that to the Chiefs, LJ has more value than a 1st and a 4th, but if we're going to get rid of him, we have to accept something lower than what he's worth.

If Green Bay's offering a 1st and a 4th, I'll like it if you include a conditional first day pick in 2008.

I don't want us to trade LJ. I do not want to trade LJ. But if it's going to happen, you might as well get a great deal out of it.

King_Chief_Fan
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I think the Pack knows that KC would want more than a 1 and 4. They are hoping that they can get him for a 1 and 3. KC should send the signal they want a 1 and 2. Packers will cough up a 1 and 3 I think. It will be fun watching LJ stomp the crap out of the D line of the Chiefs when the Pakcers and Chiefs play each other this season.

bringbackmarty
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah 1000 yds=4th
1150= 3rd
1350= 2nd
1500= 1st

Frankie
04-26-2007, 12:54 PM
How's this for a thought, people:

1st and a 4th, plus a conditional first day pick next year.
I'd do it.

sfchief
04-26-2007, 12:54 PM
1st, 4th and conditonal(yardage?) sounds good. There is no way we can or should sign him to the deal he wants.
Next years draft is supposed to be one of the best in recent years for rb's.
Why not sign a stop gap(brown,dillon) take a rb next year more than likely a higher pick than 16.

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah 1000 yds=4th
1150= 3rd
1350= 2nd
1500= 1st
Sounds fair.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 01:01 PM
There's no way they are going to give us that kind of conditional. It's more likely that the conditional would be a fourth that accelerates to a 3rd based on one factor.

Direckshun
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
There's no way they are going to give us that kind of conditional. It's more likely that the conditional would be a fourth that accelerates to a 3rd based on one factor.
3rd that accelerates into a 2nd, and you've got yourself a deal.

SNAFU
04-26-2007, 01:10 PM
610 am reporting this is unconfirmed by local Green Bay affiliates....said it is like a dog chasing his own tail.

BigRock
04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
ProFootballTalk is now saying the story is BS. PFT vs. Scout, BATTLE TO THE DEATH.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-26-2007, 01:15 PM

I agree. Under no circumstances would I trade LJ for less than a top ten pick in this year's draft, another first day pick in this year's draft, and a 3rd first day pick in next year's draft. This guy is at the top of feeding chain fellas, if we're gonna dump him while the dumping is good we need to get his true value. The last 2 seasons he's had, combined with our shitty line last year equals serious compensation, otherwise run him into the ground again this year, see what happens and franchise him next year to try again. That's what this armchair GM would do anyway.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 01:18 PM
god dammit....I'm getting my hopes up

trade him to someone, somewhere!

Cochise
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I agree. Under no circumstances would I trade LJ for less than a top ten pick in this year's draft, another first day pick in this year's draft, and a 3rd first day pick in next year's draft.

That's crazy.

sfchief
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
what did the raiders give up for moss?

Cochise
04-26-2007, 01:21 PM

The #7 overall and Napoleon Harris.

noa
04-26-2007, 01:21 PM

IIRC, the Faiders traded the #7 overall pick and Napoleon Harris. The Vikes then used the pick on Troy Williamson.

Ah, Cochise beat me to it.

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 01:23 PM
ProFootballTalk is now saying the story is BS. PFT vs. Scout, BATTLE TO THE DEATH.

Of course it's false. The guy just made a demand for 34 million in guaranteed money. What GM other than Snyder would say, good deal let's effectuate a trade without a long term agreement?

chop
04-26-2007, 01:26 PM
If Green Bay was actually offering the Chiefs a trade for LJ why isn't it being reported any where else? I say this is another Nick Athan type of article.

HemiEd
04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Yipes! Who would want to wear those ugly colors.

A tractor or combine looks pretty good in them.

bringbackmarty
04-26-2007, 01:54 PM
We have too many holes, if the com rises to two first day picks this year, and a conditional next year, we will do it. To many questions surrounding lj and the rest of the team. I also think herm thinks lj is a punk. That is all th momentum this thing needs.

Hoover
04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I love LJ, but if we can get a 1st and a 4th I think you have to do it for the future of the team.

penchief
04-26-2007, 02:00 PM
i'd take that and run like hell...

Me too. We have too many needs and I like Herm's ability to evaluate players. I love LJ and think we have misutilized his talent, but that would be a fair offer.

Cochise
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm getting the feeling that this might be BS.

First of all, Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and his ballwarmer GoChiefs have been pimping that some blockbuster LJ deal was coming for a long time now. That's the first clue.

Second, if Green Bay was going to make a major move for LJ, they would need to negotiate a contract extension, and surely we would have heard something about that. But someone posted something yesterday that said there hasn't been any contact with his agent, I thought.

Third, it seems like if we were going to deal him, we'd want to have it done by Saturday so we could use picks in this year's draft. Why wait and trade him next week for 2008 picks? A pick today is worth more than a pick tomorrow.

Fourth, first it came from scout.com, and now people are posting things that say the local media can't confirm it and PFT is backpedalling.

I know that Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and his crotch gnome have been hinting that something was coming for a while. Did they actually have any information this time? Or did they just make a guess so they could take credit for it if it did happen, but still maintain plausible deniability if nothing happened?

Who knows. It's all sounding too good to be true at the moment for me.

penchief
04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I love LJ, but if we can get a 1st and a 4th I think you have to do it for the future of the team.

Not enough. A 1st and a 3rd plus something else. It's gonna take three picks, IMO. Just because we've mishandled his talent doesn't mean that some other organization can't see how dominating he can be in the right situation.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm tellin' ya... Gosselin from the Dallas Morning News was doing his draft talk yesterday on a local station and when asked about the reality of KC trading LJ... he said he didn't put much faith in it.

I'll paraphrase him, but he essentially said "why would KC trade THE player that makes their offense a threat for picks in a draft with no serious replacements?"

He said it's a weak RB class and it's not like KC has a Michael Turner waiting in the wings...

Chiefs Pantalones
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Of course this is false, nothing this good ever happens to the Chiefs.

And I understand Gosselin's thinking, but we have bigger holes to feel, and paying LJ the world would not help us out in the long run. We would suck this year, but it would pay off in the future.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM

Don't even need to read the rest of the thread.

This is spot on.

JBucc
04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
You know who I'd trade LJ for? That hot girl in those RGX body spray commercials. :drool: :whackit:

SBK
04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Haha, joke's on LJ. He'll get franchise tagged next year anyway.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 02:20 PM

And now we've come full circle.....

ChiefsCountry
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
You know who I'd trade LJ for? That hot girl in those RGX body spray commercials. :drool: :whackit:

I think she is from Missouri actually.

Adept Havelock
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Sounds good. Whoever loses, we win!

carlos3652
04-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Rumor has it (on Packerchatters.com) http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=5155

That it would be a swap of 1st, a 3rd and a conditional 1st round pick for 2008.

Keep in mind, they are thinking that they can get #6 pick in the draft from the redskins... not the 16th...

So we would move up 17 spots, pick up a 3rd and pick up a conditional 1st for 2008... We could wait til next years draft for an LJ replacement and pick up BAA @ #6 or trade down for additional picks and still pick up more draft choices in 2007....

Thoughts?

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm getting the feeling that this might be BS.

First of all, Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and his ballwarmer GoChiefs have been pimping that some blockbuster LJ deal was coming for a long time now. That's the first clue.

Second, if Green Bay was going to make a major move for LJ, they would need to negotiate a contract extension, and surely we would have
heard something about that. But someone posted something yesterday that said there hasn't been any contact with his agent, I thought.

Third, it seems like if we were going to deal him, we'd want to have it done by Saturday so we could use picks in this year's draft. Why wait and trade him next week for 2008 picks? A pick today is worth more than a pick tomorrow.

Fourth, first it came from scout.com, and now people are posting things that say the local media can't confirm it and PFT is backpedalling.

I know that Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan and his crotch gnome have been hinting that something was coming for a while. Did they actually have any information this time? Or did they just make a guess so they could take credit for it if it did happen, but still maintain plausible deniability if nothing happened?

Who knows. It's all sounding too good to be true at the moment for me.

From a WPI poster, regarding PFT's dismissal of the story.

Pot, meet kettle. This is comedy gold, especially considering the source.....

Kind of a misleading title considering the website that is from. It's profootballtalk.com, does anybody actually believe half the crap that is reported there?

Not once in that little article does it say the rumor is fake. It is all speculation on there part and half the time they are wrong.

Who are you guys going to believe? A media members from the Green Bay Packers scout.com forum or some website that is well known for making up **** all the time?

I think that's an easy answer

Sorry if no one else finds that funny, but I think it's freaking hilarious.
This guy is a freaking mod over there, for Christ sake. And no, it's not GC.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Rumor has it (on Packerchatters.com) http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=5155

That it would be a swap of 1st, a 3rd and a conditional 1st round pick for 2008.

Keep in mind, they are thinking that they can get #6 pick in the draft from the redskins... not the 16th...

So we would move up 17 spots, pick up a 3rd and pick up a conditional 1st for 2008... We could wait til next years draft for an LJ replacement and pick up BAA @ #6 or trade down for additional picks and still pick up more draft choices in 2007....

Thoughts?

shitty deal

WestCoastReggie
04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
The 2 back strategy seems to get the most production out the running game. The chiefs would have a great tandem if they selected a RB like Antonio Pittman, Lorenzo Booker, Kenny Irons, or Darius Walker in the 2nd/3rd round with Michael Bennet. They don't need to overpay a "feature" back.

King_Chief_Fan
04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
The 2 back strategy seems to get the most production out the running game. The chiefs would have a great tandem if they selected a RB like Antonio Pittman, Lorenzo Booker, Kenny Irons, or Darius Walker in the 2nd/3rd round with Michael Bennet. They don't need to overpay a "feature" back.

one of those plus Bennett to replace LJ and Bennett?:rolleyes:

Cochise
04-26-2007, 03:29 PM

Thoughts?

If we could get the #6 overall from Washington, and a 2/3 next year, I'd do that in a second too.

Unfortunately I don't think Washington is likely to trade that pick since they don't have another pick until the 5th round.

Bill Lundberg
04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
If we could get the #6 overall from Washington, and a 2/3 next year, I'd do that in a second too.

Unfortunately I don't think Washington is likely to trade that pick since they don't have another pick until the 5th round.

Which is exactly why they would trade it to accumulate more picks.

Crashride
04-26-2007, 05:12 PM
wasnt this a confirmed rumor

bdeg
04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
wasnt this a confirmed rumor
That's what the Chiefs said. Is it because they don't want to trade him? Or because if they don't trade him they don't want him to feel alienated?

Maybe that's just what Larry needs, something to be pissed about again.

Claynus
04-26-2007, 06:06 PM
If Athan is reporting this I guess I can rest easy!!! Right guys!??! Right?!?!?! YES!!! LJ FOREVER!

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Seriously, why would anyone leak anything to Nick Athan? What could they possibly gain?

milkman
04-26-2007, 06:11 PM
You obviously haven't talked to Mecca. According to him, LJ is already worthless.

That isn't what Mecca is saying at all.

As far as this rumor is concerned, it's BS unless a credible source reports it.

That notwithstanding, if we could get the Pack's 1st and 4th, I'd run with it, then trade that 1st for a later 1st and another pick.

And I sure as hell wouldn't use it to select Ginn.

As a WR he's Samie Parker.

His return ability makes him a little more valuable, but not #16 pick valuable.

Easy 6
04-26-2007, 06:16 PM
All of these "LJ being traded" threads can go die slow, painful deaths.

ITS.

NOT.

HAPPENING.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2007, 06:49 PM
If Athan is reporting this I guess I can rest easy!!! Right guys!??! Right?!?!?! YES!!! LJ FOREVER!

Pass this message on to your buddy Nick for us: