PDA

View Full Version : Saints give DE Grant a huge pot of cash

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I can't find the link, but I heard on ESPN Radio that the Saints just did a contract with their franchise player (DE Grant) and it's north of $60M overall with something like $20M in guaranteed money. Now they can slap the franchise tag on another player.

the Talking Can
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
damn...prices going up

Chiefnj
04-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Allen's demand has gone up.

Anyong Bluth
04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, prices are going up- but the cap has jumped by 25%. JA's still got that off field problem hanging over him and w the new crackdown teams will look long and hard at that. Other then his temper tantrum about not playing here I love the guy and would have said he should get a nice bump...

Valiant
04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
I can't find the link, but I heard on ESPN Radio that the Saints just did a contract with their franchise player (DE Grant) and it's north of $60M overall with something like $20M in guaranteed money. Now they can slap the franchise tag on another player.

I thought it was too late to slap the tag on a player this year, I believe they have to wait till next year... Which did they sign him to a one year tender first or a longer contract??? If it is longer then they lost the franchise for that whole time...