PDA

View Full Version : Jim Eisenreich

Demonpenz
04-26-2007, 03:06 PM
James Michael Eisenreich (born April 18, 1959 St. Cloud, Minnesota) was a Major League Baseball utility player with a 15 year career from 1982-1984, 1987-1998. He played for the Minnesota Twins and Kansas City Royals of the American League, and the Philadelphia Phillies, Florida Marlins and Los Angeles Dodgers, all of the National League. He played first base, outfield and designated hitter.

In 1993, his first year with the Phillies, Eisenreich put together one of his best years, batting .318 and helping the Phillies to win the National League pennant. As the Phillies began their slide the next year (1994), Eisenreich was one of the team's few bright spots, batting .361 for the last place Phillies in 1996.

Eisenreich is notable as being part of arguably one of the biggest baseball trades in the 90s. On May 14, 1998, Eisenreich was traded from the Florida Marlins, with Bobby Bonilla, Gary Sheffield, Charles Johnson, and Manuel Barrios, to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Todd Zeile and catcher Mike Piazza.

Eisenreich has Tourette syndrome, and his condition caused him to go on to the voluntary retirement list between 1984 and 1987 while he was undergoing treatment. Eisenreich was replaced on the Twins roster by Kirby Puckett, who became one of baseball's superstars in the late 1980s to mid-1990s.

Jayhawkerman2001
04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Did he die or something? because i remember him very much.

Dave Lane
04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
God d*mn it I don't f#cking have tourettes you f#cking dumbass motherf#cker!!

:)

Dave

CoMoChief
04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Does he still live in Blue Springs? I heard he still lived there a while after his playing days.

Frazod
04-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Was there any particular point to this thread, or is it just an ex-Royal history lesson?

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm waiting for the Joe Zdeb thread.

J Diddy
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Was there any particular point to this thread, or is it just an ex-Royal history lesson?

I figured it was a mini A&E Biography thread.

Archie F. Swin
04-26-2007, 04:08 PM
one of the most underwhelming batting stances in the majors

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Pete LaCock

Ralph Pierre LaCock (born January 17, 1952 in Burbank, California) is a former Major League Baseball first baseman/outfielder. He was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (20th pick) of the 1970 amateur draft and played for the Cubs (1972-1976) and the Kansas City Royals (1977-1980).

In nine seasons (715 games) he hit 27 home runs with 224 RBI and a batting average of .257. He was a good fielder both at first base and in the outfield, but just didn't hit quite well enough to earn an every day spot in the starting lineup. He was often used as a pinch hitter and/or defensive replacement, and sometimes as a designated hitter. He was granted free agency on October 24, 1980 and never again played in a big league game.

In 1989 he played for the St. Petersburg Pelicans and Winter Haven Super Sox of the Senior Professional Baseball Association. He also managed the Niagara Stars of the Canadian Baseball League in 2003.

LaCock is the son of Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall and the nephew of actress Joanne Dru.

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm waiting for the Joe Zdeb thread.

aka, The Hedgehog

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/joe_zdeb_autograph.jpg

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Pete LaCock

Ralph Pierre LaCock (born January 17, 1952 in Burbank, California) is a former Major League Baseball first baseman/outfielder. He was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 1st round (20th pick) of the 1970 amateur draft and played for the Cubs (1972-1976) and the Kansas City Royals (1977-1980).

In nine seasons (715 games) he hit 27 home runs with 224 RBI and a batting average of .257. He was a good fielder both at first base and in the outfield, but just didn't hit quite well enough to earn an every day spot in the starting lineup. He was often used as a pinch hitter and/or defensive replacement, and sometimes as a designated hitter. He was granted free agency on October 24, 1980 and never again played in a big league game.

In 1989 he played for the St. Petersburg Pelicans and Winter Haven Super Sox of the Senior Professional Baseball Association. He also managed the Niagara Stars of the Canadian Baseball League in 2003.

LaCock is the son of Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall and the nephew of actress Joanne Dru.

I got Pete LaCock's autograph in spring training 1980.

UL Washington
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Any Buddy Biancalana fans out there?

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/buddy_biancalana_auto.jpg

eff the donkeys
04-26-2007, 05:25 PM
doug bird

Sam Hall
04-26-2007, 05:32 PM
one of the most underwhelming batting stances in the majors

He looked like he didn't give a sh*t what happened.

chiefqueen
04-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Pete LaCock's career almost ended in 1978 when he & his 8.5 month pregnant wife went out after a game, were robbed at gunpoint, and Pete went after the robber, wrestled and ended up killing the robber.

Even though LaCock was a popular player there was strong feelings in KC at the time that he should face murder charges. After a week it was ruled justifiable homicide.

The kid was born with no problems and I guess will be 29 this summer.

Man, I'm getting old.

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
doug bird

**** Doug Bird and the homer he gave up to Munson in the 78 playoffs. And **** Whitey Herzog for bringing him in.

kcfanXIII
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Does he still live in Blue Springs? I heard he still lived there a while after his playing days.

he lived down the street from neil smith. i think he moved.

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 06:00 PM
**** Doug Bird and the homer he gave up to Munson in the 78 playoffs. And **** Whitey Herzog for bringing him in.

While we're at it, **** Mark Littell for giving up a 9th inning walk off HR to Chris Chambliss in '76 which gave the Yankees the ALCS.

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
While we're at it, **** Mark Littell for giving up a 9th inning walk off HR to Chris Chambliss in '76 which gave the Yankees the ALCS.

I file that under shit happens. And if Otis isn't hurt and playing CF, Cowens leaps at the wall in RF and catches that ball. Instead, the shorter Hal McRae missed it.

Bird sucked in 78 and had no business being in that situation, especially since the Royals had acquired Al Hrabosky that year JUST FOR THOSE SITUATIONS.

ChiTown
04-26-2007, 06:05 PM
I file that under shit happens. And if Otis isn't hurt and playing CF, Cowens leaps at the wall in RF and catches that ball. Instead, the shorter Hal McRae missed it.

Bird sucked in 78 and had no business being in that situation, especially since the Royals had acquired Al Hrabosky that year JUST FOR THOSE SITUATIONS.

Hey, Mr. Don't impeded my **** off comments. I'm blowing steam right now.

chiefqueen
04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Since we're discussing Royals from the seventies here a topic for discussion.

You've all heard about (or remember) the '77 flood. On the night of the flood the Royals were to play the Angels but the game was called in the first inning. While some players like Frank White and Amos Otis did noble things like saving lives and putting complete strangers up in their home for the night, another Royal, you may have heard of him, his name was George Brett, went over to Old Chelsea Theater to pay back a new "friend". You see Morganna earlier in the year had walked out onto the stands during a game and planted one on George while he was playing 3rd base. George was getting "even" while she did her show. The Star had a picture of him giving her a "peck" on stage in the paper.

Back in '77 everybody just had a laugh and thought nothing of it. I would like to get your opinion on what would have happened had then politically correct culture that exists today existed in 1977. I think we all can agree that Brett & the Royals would have received negative publicity for what he did on a night when so many died.

Would the publicity have so bad that Brett could not have remained a Royal.

As for me, in Sept. 77 I was 13 & like most 13-year-old girls at time, had a HUGE crush on Brett. Had the PC culture existed back then that exists today, however, I think my father would have made me throw out all of my George Brett memoribilia.

DJJasonp
04-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Since we're discussing Royals from the seventies here a topic for discussion.

You've all heard about (or remember) the '77 flood. On the night of the flood the Royals were to play the Angels but the game was called in the first inning. While some players like Frank White and Amos Otis did noble things like saving lives and putting complete strangers up in their home for the night, another Royal, you may have heard of him, his name was George Brett, went over to Old Chelsea Theater to pay back a new "friend". You see Morganna earlier in the year had walked out onto the stands during a game and planted one on George while he was playing 3rd base. George was getting "even" while she did her show. The Star had a picture of him giving her a "peck" on stage in the paper.

Back in '77 everybody just had a laugh and thought nothing of it. I would like to get your opinion on what would have happened had then politically correct culture that exists today existed in 1977. I think we all can agree that Brett & the Royals would have received negative publicity for what he did on a night when so many died.

Would the publicity have so bad that Brett could not have remained a Royal.

As for me, in Sept. 77 I was 13 & like most 13-year-old girls at time, had a HUGE crush on Brett. Had the PC culture existed back then that exists today, however, I think my father would have made me throw out all of my George Brett memoribilia.

King George is a god....and can do no wrong....and dont you forget it!
:)

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Whoever brought the name Doug Bird out of the shadows and into open light can kiss my ass.

I'll never, ever forgive that bastard for giving up a the HR to Munson in the 78 playoffs. Munson hadn't hit a HR in 4 months and hit a shot into the monuments after the Royals came back and tied the game, then took the lead off Gossage. That f'ing palm ball must've looked like a beach ball to Munson.

God damn. Thirty years later. No forgiveness.

Same for Herzog.

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2007, 08:21 PM
aka, The Hedgehog

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/joe_zdeb_autograph.jpg

Joe was Mad Dog.

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 08:31 PM
I want a Jamie Quirk story. Didn't he play QB at Notre Dame?

Cochise
04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Any Buddy Biancalana fans out there?

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pics/buddy_biancalana_auto.jpg

I got his autograph on an '85 championship pennant at Metro North when I was little. He was a real nice guy.

siberian khatru
04-26-2007, 08:46 PM

He and Brett double-teamed a chick once. Actually, it was more than once. And more than one chick.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I got his autograph on an '85 championship pennant at Metro North when I was little. He was a real nice guy.
Remember when Letterman started making fun of him as a regular bit and eventually Buddy got invited onto the show and presented Letterman with a bat to use as a toothpick for the space between his front teeth?

Classic.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2007, 09:12 PM

Skip, I didn't give you permission to speak. SHUT IT!!

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2007, 09:13 PM
He and Brett double-teamed a chick once. Actually, it was more than once. And more than one chick.

Do tell. Is that all you know or did you hold the lube?

chief52
04-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Dane Iorg...

Buck
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/1993_O-Pee-Chee_Archi_Cianfrocco.jpg/200px-1993_O-Pee-Chee_Archi_Cianfrocco.jpg

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Skip, I didn't give you permission to speak. SHUT IT!!
Haven't you been beat down enough on this board, loser? How 'bout them Shox? Dumbass.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Haven't you been beat down enough on this board, loser? How 'bout them Shox? Dumbass.

Adjust my tv biatch.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Wheres the Larry Gura bio damnit?????

Demonpenz
04-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Jeffrey Michael Blauser (born November 8, 1965 in Los Gatos, California) is a former shortstop in Major League Baseball for the Atlanta Braves and Chicago Cubs in the 1980s and 1990s. Blauser combined with fellow infielder Mark Lemke to form a dependable defense for the Atlanta Braves in the 90's.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 The Brave years
* 2 The Cub years
* 3 After playing career
* 4 References
* 5 External links

[edit] The Brave years

Blauser was selected by the Braves in the 1st round (5th pick) of the 1984 amateur draft and made his big league debut on July 5, 1987 with the Braves. Blauser was a dependable and powerful right-handed shortstop at 6' 0", 170 lb. He was selected to the National League All-Star Team in 1993 and 1997 and won the Silver Slugger Award in 1997.

Once hit 3 home runs in one game.

[edit] The Cub years

After a career year in 1997 Blauser was signed as a free agent by the Chicago Cubs. Blauser played his final game on October 3, 1999 with the Cubs.

[edit] After playing career

Blauser retired with a lifetime batting average of .262 and 122 home runs. He managed the Mississippi Braves, the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves for the 2006 season. He will not manage Mississippi in 2007, likely accepting the role of a roving instructor.[1]

[edit] References