PDA

View Full Version : Golf clubs for kids

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok - I have a daughter that will be 4 in October and a son that will be 6 in December. Both of them have expressed an interest in having clubs to play golf and go to the driving range.

I don't know how serious either of them really is at this point... but, I'm willing to let them give it a shot and see if they like playing.

I'm thinking of going to a local sports store and buying cheap kid clubs, but I wanted to see if anyone here had suggestions.

Phobia
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I got my kids a set a few Christmases back. They've been to the driving range with me once and never mentioned it again.

Of course, there are some extenuating circumstances in our case.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I don't want to spend a lot, but I am starting to golf more frequently and there are 2 nice driving ranges in the area. They want to go with me and I know the boy is at the age that he can handle it. Li'l sister may be a year away, but she wants to do everything her brother does.

Phobia
04-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I think we spent about $100 for some Golden Bears. Driver, putter, 3, 5, 7, 9

Donger
04-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Go to a Play It Again Sports or similar store. I got my son a driver, 5, 7, and wedge plus a tike bag for something like $20.

ROYC75
04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
My 2 grandsons have a set each, they love it, the girls even like it, monkey see , monkey do.........

The boys are getting a new set this year, already out grew them.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2007, 04:13 PM
If you can get the kids to play golf, do it. That way you can spend time with them AND get drunk at the 19th Hole.

Pestilence
04-26-2007, 04:21 PM
My niece goes out to the driving range with my Dad twice a week and she's 5 about to be 6.

I think he paid like $25 for her clubs.

She still doesn't understand putting....but loves to smack the shit out of the ball on the range.

Iron Chef
04-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I would try here http://www.wgagolf.com/index.cfm My son has a few of there clubs. He likes them and they are cheap. I'm sure they will ship to you.

hawkchief
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
My daughters are 9 and 7. Until they are at least 7-8, most simply are not strong enough to swing the club. If I were you, I'd buy 1 US Kids Golf club (made specifically for kids with very flexible shaft), and let them try it out before I bought a full set. Chances are they will hit 10-20 balls and get bored at their ages.

Stewie
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I've sent several new players here for clubs. They do a fine job and are inexpensive. Here's their junior department:

http://www.diamondtour.com/integra-junior-7-pc-assembled-set-p-723.html

Mr. Plow
04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Bought my 8 year old a set for Xmas from Dick's. Got a driver, 3 wood, hybrid iron, 3/4, 6/7, 9/P for about $100. This is his second set, but first actual clubs. The other set was a $30 set that was only the driver, 2 irons, and a putter.

stlchiefs
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Go to garage sales or a used sporting goods store, you should know better than anyone what a kids attention span is, especially with a sport that most adults still suck out even with years of practice.

ChiefsFanatic
04-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Ok - I have a daughter that will be 4 in October and a son that will be 6 in December. Both of them have expressed an interest in having clubs to play golf and go to the driving range.

I don't know how serious either of them really is at this point... but, I'm willing to let them give it a shot and see if they like playing.

I'm thinking of going to a local sports store and buying cheap kid clubs, but I wanted to see if anyone here had suggestions.

On top of clubs, you may want to look at this product. This is a great way for them to learn without spending a ton of time and money at the range. You can make it a game. Good luck.

BirdieBall (http://www.birdieball.com/)